Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!
Super-COVID, Brexit and ??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rascar Capac
Aug 31, 2016

Surprisingly nice, for an evil Inca mummy.

Mauser posted:

Super-COVID, Brexit and ??

Pearly Kings.

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

I trusted a rhino and deserve all that came to me

Also the English live there.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Continuity basically. You don't film a show in the same order as it's shown, and having to replace a shirt or pants that got hosed up/wet costs money.

Prop people could just use putty squeezed into the cups to give them a bit of weight.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

muscles like this! posted:

In a similar vein I get annoyed when characters have permanent stubble. They never have a beard, they're never clean shaven, they just have a set level of stubble.

The Simpsons had a joke about this where Homer shaves and then literally seconds later his signature stubble grows back to exactly the point it left off.

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish

Ghost Leviathan posted:

The Simpsons had a joke about this where Homer shaves and then literally seconds later his signature stubble grows back to exactly the point it left off.

I like to joke about having a five o'clock shadow by the time I'm done shaving. That Simpsons gag was a chuckle then, now I just get sad.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
Rambo II

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Looking over Disney Plus and drat, they really had some years of poo poo movies in the early 2000's. Dinosaur, Atlantis, etc.

Atlantis is sad because it could have been so fun, hell a live action one could be done well, but the animation is just so off, the story is all over the place, and there's too many side characters. And of course it has Almighty Whitey show up and fix a dying civilization because of course.

It feels like Disney saw Shrek and how insane it took off, and decided to try some vague stand-alone dark humor/antii-usual Disney poo poo, but failed on all the levels.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Atlantis is a great movie and Mike Mignolas art is why!

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Atlantis is good. Not great, but visually it is.

Dinosaur was very visually impressive at the time and still has a great ride in Animal Kingdom

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Dinosaur was like Avatar: beautiful art, poo poo storyline.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Cowslips Warren posted:

Atlantis is sad because it could have been so fun, hell a live action one could be done well, but the animation is just so off, the story is all over the place, and there's too many side characters. And of course it has Almighty Whitey show up and fix a dying civilization because of course.

An ancient society where some of the people are thousands of years old and were literally there when Atlantis sank. Yet no one can operate any of the machines because they forgot how.

And not a single person ever thought, "Hey we all wear these glowing crystals around our necks which are the exact same size as this little hole in the middle of the control panel of the machines. I wonder what would happen if I put the crystal in there? Nah, probably nothing, let's all just go back to slowly going extinct."

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I find it strange Ross and Rachel would name their child Emma considering it’s very similar to Emily and we all know what happened there

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

oldpainless posted:

I find it strange Ross and Rachel would name their child Emma considering it’s very similar to Emily and we all know what happened there

Ross had a son that completely disappeared and he didn’t care so it’s not all that surprising.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I always figured Rachel was petty enough to be jealous of the son taking attention from Emma so she convinced/hired Phoebe to murder the boy

Skrill.exe
Oct 3, 2007

"Bitcoin is a new financial concept entirely without precedent."

oldpainless posted:

I always figured Rachel was petty enough to be jealous of the son taking attention from Emma so she convinced/hired Phoebe to murder the boy

That's really more Ursula's MO

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Skrill.exe posted:

That's really more Ursula's MO

You know, I never watched Friends and just from the clips I've seen online, I don't think I was a target audience, but I would be down for a gritty dark reboot where the friends are each sabotaging each other for revenge.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Len posted:

Atlantis is a great movie and Mike Mignolas art is why!

poo poo, I'm reading some Hellboy now (specifically Witchfinder), so this is making me want to watch Atlantis.

Annabel Pee
Dec 29, 2008

Cowslips Warren posted:

You know, I never watched Friends and just from the clips I've seen online, I don't think I was a target audience, but I would be down for a gritty dark reboot where the friends are each sabotaging each other for revenge.

Why didn't Ross as the largest Friend not simply eat all the other Friends?

PicklePants
May 8, 2007
Woo!

Annabel Pee posted:

They're probably saving it for sweeps.

Blueshirt
Sep 27, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Annabel Pee posted:

A yearly offering is made of a special sandwich [with moistmaker], thus satiating the dread spectre of the Red Ross.

One year a foolish museum man ate some of this sandwich. Some could be spared, but not enough. You may note the actor for Ben changes shortly after.

IshmaelZarkov
Jun 20, 2013

Cowslips Warren posted:

Isn't that just It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Man, after finishing Stranger Things season 3, I want a movie like that of russians fighting horror monsters.

Basically Predator again.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Check out Sputnik (2020)

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007
In Return of the King when the Gondor soldiers are retreating from the failed attack on Osgiliath, Gandalf rides out to rescue them from the Nazgul. Why does he take Pippen along? It's just 50 or 60 extra pounds. The only reason I can think of is to use him as bait incase one of the dragons is chasing him, he can just dump Pippen off the horse and hope it goes after him instead.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Ego-bot posted:

In Return of the King when the Gondor soldiers are retreating from the failed attack on Osgiliath, Gandalf rides out to rescue them from the Nazgul. Why does he take Pippen along? It's just 50 or 60 extra pounds. The only reason I can think of is to use him as bait incase one of the dragons is chasing him, he can just dump Pippen off the horse and hope it goes after him instead.

Gandalf has a thing for putting Hobbits in danger.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
It was cold and Gandalf was using him as a bum warmer.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Second breakfast

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I remember Lilo and Stitch being advertised like Disney's own Shrek.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Peter Jackson woefully misinterpreted what Tolkien meant by Gandalf "taking Radagast to the White Council," thinking that meant wizards were conferring over what to do about Sauron, in reality he was saying he needed to take a monster dump.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
I gotta cast a real sick one ring into the crack of doom if you catch my rift

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
My partner recently started watching all of the CW's Flash, as something to just have on in the background, and as someone who watched the first and most of the second seasons, I had forgotten how how absolute poo poo the Flash is at being the 'world's fastest man'. Literally every speedster is faster than him. Different versions of himself are faster. Alternate universe speedsters are faster. The person he brings onto the team, a new speedster who barely knows poo poo and hasn't trained at all, is faster.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

I'm still annoyed that we never got Wally giving the 'fastest man alive' opening monolog.

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

Morpheus posted:

My partner recently started watching all of the CW's Flash, as something to just have on in the background, and as someone who watched the first and most of the second seasons, I had forgotten how how absolute poo poo the Flash is at being the 'world's fastest man'. Literally every speedster is faster than him. Different versions of himself are faster. Alternate universe speedsters are faster. The person he brings onto the team, a new speedster who barely knows poo poo and hasn't trained at all, is faster.

Also they play really fast and loose with how fast the Flash really is. Sometimes he can run to another continent in a second. Sometimes he struggles to catch up to a plane. Other times he is barely faster than the goon he is fighting, who might not even have speed powers.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Manager Hoyden posted:

Also they play really fast and loose with how fast the Flash really is. Sometimes he can run to another continent in a second. Sometimes he struggles to catch up to a plane. Other times he is barely faster than the goon he is fighting, who might not even have speed powers.

The Flash: I am going to run so hard I break through time
Also the Flash: Oh no he's got a gun and is shooting it I am helpless to stop him

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
I adore the Flash show. I remember in one episode he was complaining that other speedsters were faster and Caitlin told him they have better technique and he just needs to pick up his drat feet which was pretty funny.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

The Flash's one weakness is forgetting that he's the Flash.

My favourite one of these was the time he gets chased by a swarm of killer bees, despite the previous episode being about how he learns to move fast enough to phase through solid matter.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Strom Cuzewon posted:

The Flash's one weakness is forgetting that he's the Flash.

My favourite one of these was the time he gets chased by a swarm of killer bees, despite the previous episode being about how he learns to move fast enough to phase through solid matter.

Yeah, Barry is kind of a dope in some ways and I love it. It's amazing that the DC TV shows for the most part had the amazing revelation that escapes the movies, which is 'suppose we didn't actively despise everyone on screen at all times, but instead liked them'.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

HopperUK posted:

'suppose we didn't actively despise everyone on screen at all times, but instead liked them'.

I fell off the CW shows around Flash S2, but its amazing how far this goes. Even if the writing is a little wonky in places they're mostly fun popcorn shows.

I also like how they never really felt the need to drag out mysteries and secrets longer than neccessary. Like when Roy gets experimented on and then two episodes later he tells his girlfriend "i need to show you something" and just punches through a breezeblock.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

My personal excuse for CW being a big doofus sometimes is look, Barry was in a coma for like nine weeks that isn't good for your brain.