Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
Now what hath Felix wrought?

https://twitter.com/ByYourLogic/status/1351597123012276229

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
its not 'willy', its 'wonka', totally different and not infringing on @byl's tweet.

GoLambo
Apr 11, 2006
i mean id watch it

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

2 of those 3 would absolutely have you read marx

Eegah!
Jul 26, 2010

prefect posted:

I think the New Radicals song is going to be played at the inauguration because of that episode of Cum Town where it's on repeat in the background.

That was the Charlottesville ep. Biden says he ran because of Charlottesville. We're on to something.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
So the Unite the Right attack inspired Biden to tell civil rights leaders to sit down and shut up. That tracks.

Paffgen
Jul 13, 2009
Hannah would have been a red scare girl.
The Matt on True Anon stream was so good. Reading theory is good . Reading/not reading theory if you're an evil minded dark money funded grad student or NJR is an ego flex either way, pearls before swine and so on. Not reading theory is whatever. making GBS threads on Marx is little brained. Final verdict.

GoLambo
Apr 11, 2006
Wait matt went on Truanon?

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

There was a time they did streams and one of them was a Truth Stream with Matt and you can find both parts on their youtube page and archive dot org backup.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXgGTydNSr4&t=158s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDq0Mkq0gM8

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Can't you keep pop culture properties from falling into the public domain by remaking them every decade or so?

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

Nothus posted:

Can't you keep pop culture properties from falling into the public domain by remaking them every decade or so?

no. copyright doesn’t apply to properties, it applies to works. Willy Wonka is like 40 years from entering the public domain under current law anyways

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

chopping off oompa loompa hands when they don't meet the chocolate quota.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Nothus posted:

They're less fully fleshed-out dissertations and more talking through half-baked ideas while getting day drunk on hard seltzer and screaming at the chat.

someone sounds jealous they don't make six figgies doing the same

the trailer song will be a youth choir singing a sparse, forlorn version of sweet child o mine but otherwise yeah

The Muppets On PCP fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Jan 19, 2021

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
loving Ready Player One used a sad remix of Pure Imagination in it's trailer.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

The Muppets On PCP posted:

someone sounds jealous they don't make six figgies doing the same

I mean, is that not every posters ultimate dream?

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
https://twitter.com/tremolo_/status/1351620159887331335

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Penisaurus Sex posted:

What dead white guys are you talking about?

Serious question, most of the Marxist (especially post ww2) writers I see recommended and would recommend myself aren't white.

Literally Karl Marx is who I was thinking of, lol

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
https://twitter.com/willmenaker/status/1351663190011211778

:allears:

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
I'm still listening to the new episode but I'm a little surprised that they haven't already gloated over Adelson's death

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

Halloween Jack posted:

I'm still listening to the new episode but I'm a little surprised that they haven't already gloated over Adelson's death

What's the point? He died old as poo poo, rich, and got everything he wanted - he won life. What's there to gloat about?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

He lived long enough to see Trump lose which is cool.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
Yeah that's how I felt too. Sucks.

THS
Sep 15, 2017

Groovelord Neato posted:

He lived long enough to see Trump lose which is cool.

we still have some hours to go before that’s true. trump could still have an ace up his sleeve

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011
Happy birthday to Producer Chris, I hope he gets his youtube plaque.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003

Shipon posted:

What's the point? He died old as poo poo, rich, and got everything he wanted - he won life. What's there to gloat about?
The eulogies reminding everyone that I am not a pedophile are raising a lot of questions already answered by the eulogies!

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Can't you just read all of these and also the dead white guys

duck.exe
Apr 14, 2012

Nap Ghost
twitter is mad about amber again

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

DukeDuke posted:

What do they think she did this time?

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Halloween Jack posted:

The eulogies reminding everyone that I am not a pedophile are raising a lot of questions already answered by the eulogies!

lol

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Shipon posted:

I think they said much the same thing when George HW Bush died. No need to rehash it for every lich that finally kicks the bucket.

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

I think they said much the same thing when George HW Bush died. No need to rehash it for every lich that finally kicks the bucket.

That and the Koch brother who died. He lived a long life, made a shittton of money, died in a warm bed with his family after a long life. There's no "gloating" to be done that a man died a peaceful death he 100% didn't deserve.

EDIT: Ok i'll chuckle a little bit when Kissinger croaks finally but

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

DukeDuke posted:

Are they ever not?

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt

Bust Rodd posted:

Literally Karl Marx is who I was thinking of, lol

Karl Marx wasn’t ‘white’, to the extent it existed or exists today.

Engels was white though, which is why no one reads him.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
:lmao:

https://twitter.com/Convolutedname/status/1351650633632382976?s=20

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

yet another entry in the thesis that anyone who calls themselves a "stan" of something political or puts "stay home" in their display name is a loving freak

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Posting a completely correct point to own... My enemies?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

you know in the past I've agreed that Amber can, at times, be inelegant in how she says things and choose rather silly examples to make an overall good point and that does sadly fuel perverts like this who want to ignore her actual point and focus on one bad phrasing, her 'LENA DUNHAM GETTING HER TUBES TIED REPRESENTS...SOMETHING' thing for example was a silly way to talk about the overall right view of 'it's loving WILD how few of our generation can AFFORD kids, like, it's literally impossible for so many of us regardless of our views on reproduction, but it's weird that wealthy and privileged people turn childrearing or not into a grander statement than it is for them'.

This, however, Jesus loving christ how can you read that any way but objectively correct?

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
"the libs don't know. right bill?"

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

The article leaps over the fact that Q doesn't think the Epstein stuff is real tho!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
ar built like lena dunham, when i shoot i dont miss