Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
It was a bit unpleasant to find that the algorithm seems to generate naked children every so often. Wouldn't recommend clicking that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Creativity 0.3->2.0

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

My favorite anime? Well, there's this really cute slice-of-life one called

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Failed Clone Squad

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

Not sure what's going on here, not sure I like what's going on either

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Cardiovorax posted:

It was a bit unpleasant to find that the algorithm seems to generate naked children every so often. Wouldn't recommend clicking that.

Is it generating pictures of naked children, or is it just memorizing the training data?

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
I don't really know, but I also can't say I particularly care where they're coming from.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Kennel posted:

I like it

Nice, uh, stinger

:nws:https://i.imgur.com/ltNjZxy.png:nws:

Or maybe ws

I honestly can't tell

e: OK I hit a sudden gross vein of let's just say questionable content. Maybe we should pass on this one

Splicer has a new favorite as of 22:19 on Jan 19, 2021

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Good to know, saved a few more from my visit at least.

This one actually looks kinda intriguing.

I like the fact that it generally starts failing harder the instant it tries to get fancy and make multiple people, just like the real person generator.

e: speaking of...

:stonklol:

Captain Hygiene has a new favorite as of 22:37 on Jan 19, 2021

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

it's supposed to be trained only on SFW stuff but I wouldn't be surprised if the AI flailing flesh blobs everywhere ends up looking questionable

Carnival of Shrews
Mar 27, 2013

You're not David Attenborough

It's not the Flesh Friends™ that bother me.

It's the fact that so far, the facegen AI haven't learned that pupils should be completely circular, that distinct bottom teeth exist, that ears are mounted roughly symmetrically, that earrings and microphones are not human anatomy and should be ignored from input, and that no matter how unorthodox someone's dentition may be, the gap between the two upper front teeth almost always aligns with the centre of their philtrum.

When they manage all this, and then just clip in a plausible background around the main head after they make it, we're hosed.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe

Tunicate posted:

it's supposed to be trained only on SFW stuff but I wouldn't be surprised if the AI flailing flesh blobs everywhere ends up looking questionable

So much "SFW" anime is skirting right up to the limit anyway, it's not surprising that something that works by merging and extrapolating from data sets would take things too far.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Carnival of Shrews posted:

no matter how unorthodox someone's dentition may be, the gap between the two upper front teeth almost always aligns with the centre of their philtrum.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Assistant Manager Devil posted:

I like the fact that it generally starts failing harder the instant it tries to get fancy and make multiple people, just like the real person generator.
Speaking of which, from the Artbreeder discord

https://i.imgur.com/GQEXdTR.mp4

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Tunicate posted:

Oh god we're trapped in a libertarian thought experiment

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

PYF procedurally generated content: flailing flesh blobs everywhere

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
It's pretty funny that increasing "creativity" often mainly increases the boob size.

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies

Kennel posted:

It's pretty funny that increasing "creativity" often mainly increases the boob size.

Or the boob quantity. Behold:

Zero boobs at zero creativity, only some sort of heart with skin,

whereas at full creativity, you have a whole six boobs, in what is ostensibly the same image

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Carnival of Shrews posted:

It's not the Flesh Friends™ that bother me.

It's the fact that so far, the facegen AI haven't learned that pupils should be completely circular, that distinct bottom teeth exist, that ears are mounted roughly symmetrically, that earrings and microphones are not human anatomy and should be ignored from input, and that no matter how unorthodox someone's dentition may be, the gap between the two upper front teeth almost always aligns with the centre of their philtrum.

When they manage all this, and then just clip in a plausible background around the main head after they make it, we're hosed.
Facegen AIs do not comprehend that humans are specific things that have an anatomy or that "pupils" are a thing that exists as a distinct feature that can be named. They just know that a black-colored roundish spot tends to exist in this vague area surrounded by other colors and shapes that look like so. Light reflections and angles make it so that pupils in photographs nearly never appear to be perfectly circular, so how exactly are they supposed to learn a fact that they're never actually taught about?

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Kennel posted:

If it works the same as other networks, 'creativity' is basically how distant it is from the primordial ur-image at the center of the imagespace.

Artbreeder calls the slider 'chaos', other people call it 'truncation' (despite not really being truncation).

Here's the 0 chaos image for artbreeder's portrait set.

Basically the higher the value is, the more extreme everything about it is.

StillFullyTerrible
Feb 16, 2020

you should have left Let's Play open for public view, Lowtax

Cardiovorax posted:

well so does your mom but we don't cancel her for that

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

StillFullyTerrible posted:

well so does your mom but we don't cancel her for that
OTOH we don't have a thread about clicking Cardiovorax's mom

StillFullyTerrible
Feb 16, 2020

you should have left Let's Play open for public view, Lowtax
p sure it's in the mmo subforum

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go
https://thisanimedoesnotexist.ai/slider.html?seed=4046

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go
Some good abstract landscapes:

An SCP:

and modern art:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Oh man that's fun, I didn't notice you could show the entire evolution. Too bad it's not easier to link the whole range.

:sweatdrop::ohdear:

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

humanity becomes more obscene for the vague resemblance

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Splicer posted:

OTOH we don't have a thread about clicking Cardiovorax's mom
Not yet you don't.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

FactsAreUseless posted:

humanity becomes more obscene for the vague resemblance

Looks like... some kind of pastry.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

It's a croissant.

SerialKilldeer
Apr 25, 2014

It’s a shrimp.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Bag Waifu, by Junji Ito.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

BECOME ONE WITH THE MACHINE

Solvency
Apr 28, 2008

Trade, sir! Discover it! This is you, this is a clue. Get a clue, discover trade!
I messed around with the face stuff early on and figured out if you set the PSI to 0 and just upped the noise you'd get a bunch of anime girls that are just all drawn in different styles. It looks pretty neat actually.

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

resting anime face

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

We will take your cultural and technological distinctiveness and add it to our own, nya~.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

this is what all other people look like when youre not focusing directly on them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go
https://thisanimedoesnotexist.ai/slider.html?seed=18072