Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
One thing that I struggle with on woods as a scav is that you can spawn almost anywhere, so getting your bearings can be very difficult if it’s pitch black out.

Also I learned the hard way the other night that cultists attack player scavs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I'LL PUT MY SCIENCE IN ALL OF YOU!

Mesadoram posted:

Tarkov is by and large a horror game.

Can confirm

https://streamable.com/ufrblo

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Mesadoram posted:

Tarkov is by and large a horror game.

i will never not jump at the first shot sound of each raid even if its nowhere near me

after going in to factory full sweaty rpk, class 5 and face shield to do delivery from the past and dying twice i of course get it done the third time with a pp19 and press armor

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Stux posted:

i will never not jump at the first shot sound of each raid even if its nowhere near me

after going in to factory full sweaty rpk, class 5 and face shield to do delivery from the past and dying twice i of course get it done the third time with a pp19 and press armor

Every time I bring stuff to factory, I die to vectors and nades.

The time I bring a handgun, I get charged by a scav, because cursed and marked, shoot scav in head, pick up his shotgun, go to the office, see two chads fighting it out, shoot the winner in the legs with scav shotgun...loot his stuff and run the gently caress out because I want to keep it.

Go back in later to try to do the drat quests, same looted armor and shotgun, get naded in the stairwell.

Clearly need to go in naked + handgun for good luck.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

:discourse:

Amazing

Stux posted:

I would have thought with all the hours I put into the game I would get used to it.

Nope, just like you the first shot at me that comes from no-where always makes me jump.

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler
I heard that the flea market got changed to find in raid tagged only, and I have a couple questions about that:

(1) Can stuff bought from vendors still be sold on the flea?
(2) Can stuff bought from the flea be relisted?

I'm assuming the answer to both of these is "No", but confirmation would be nice.

Oh, and (3) Do Hideout crafted items get the FiR tag and can be sold on the flea?

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Has this been done before?
Soiled Meat
1. NO
2. NO
3. YES

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Ambaire posted:

I heard that the flea market got changed to find in raid tagged only, and I have a couple questions about that:

I'm assuming the answer to both of these is "No", but confirmation would be nice.

Oh, and (3) Do Hideout crafted items get the FiR tag and can be sold on the flea?

Also - one thing I found out the hard way, if you put stuff up your butt and die, it is NOT FIR.

You have to extract alive with it to retain FIR.

So basically if you have a graphics card up your rear end with intent to sell, if you die, it's only good for your bitcoin farm.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

FileNotFound posted:

Also - one thing I found out the hard way, if you put stuff up your butt and die, it is NOT FIR.

You have to extract alive with it to retain FIR.

So basically if you have a graphics card up your rear end with intent to sell, if you die, it's only good for your bitcoin farm.

I was a little dismayed when I found this out, also the hard way. But then I realized it's still worth it to put in your butt since if it's valuable on the flea market I can probably find a use for it myself, and it's still better than just not getting it

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
The butt FIR change is nice because it frees up your secure container for stuff you actually need rather than the one-off ticky-tack little things you gotta hand in.

I was really wary of the FIR changes overall but the end result has been to free me from a lot of gear fear.

EDIT: I guess it helps that I pretty much only play with goons, if I was scrounging for everything solo I would probably hate everything a lot.

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Jan 19, 2021

DrPop
Aug 22, 2004

Ambaire posted:

I'm so happy you're back

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Pharmaskittle posted:

I was a little dismayed when I found this out, also the hard way. But then I realized it's still worth it to put in your butt since if it's valuable on the flea market I can probably find a use for it myself, and it's still better than just not getting it

Yup, it just means I have a graphics card for my buttcoin farm rather than for the mechanic, it's still totally worth sticking stuff up your butt unless they are only good as quest turn in items, in which case they may as well stay in your backpack.

In short, don't shove gas analyzers for therapist up your rear end or Marlboros for the mechanic... if you die they are basically 15k items.

Do shove valuables up there that are useful regardless of FIR, GPUs, Tetriz, intel folders, moonshine and other stupidly high value hideout construction items.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

FileNotFound posted:

Every time I bring stuff to factory, I die to vectors and nades.

The time I bring a handgun, I get charged by a scav, because cursed and marked, shoot scav in head, pick up his shotgun, go to the office, see two chads fighting it out, shoot the winner in the legs with scav shotgun...loot his stuff and run the gently caress out because I want to keep it.

Go back in later to try to do the drat quests, same looted armor and shotgun, get naded in the stairwell.

Clearly need to go in naked + handgun for good luck.

https://i.imgur.com/L2Kpm8C.mp4

i couldnt hear the nade bcos of the zsh but i think i was dead anyway. jokes on the altyn guy tho that he peeked someone with BS rounds and i got t hat entire loadout back bcos no one checks the hut, while his will have 100% been looted :cheers:

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Anyone know of a fix when the launcher won't send a verification email for login? I've tried the top Google hits.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Submarine Sandpaper posted:

Anyone know of a fix when the launcher won't send a verification email for login? I've tried the top Google hits.

the bad news from what I've seen at Reddit is that this is a common issue. you will probably have to send a bug report to support....and support is uniquely unhelpful and will probably lecture you about spam filters.

CH Science
Sep 11, 2019

YMMV of course, but this happened to me the other day. Tried restarting, reinstalling, everything else I could find and nothing worked.

Then I logged in on my laptop, which worked, closed it there and went back to the desktop it didn't ask for verification anymore.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Ended up renewing router dhcp poo poo from the ISP.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

what kind of sick person doesn't let somebody complete delivery from the past

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

From my experience, every single Tarkovian.

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy

The kind of person who throws a nade in there every factory run to kill the guy who thought he was finishing it without fighting me first

Slumpy
Jun 10, 2008

Are you the guy I just killed in customs? Salsasaurus?

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Slumpy posted:

Are you the guy I just killed in customs? Salsasaurus?

lol no, I'm just feeling empathy for Stux

Slumpy
Jun 10, 2008

lol no, I'm just feeling empathy for Stux

oh okay, to answer your question then, I do. and I just did it 10 minutes ago

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Gamers

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
the man was right to kill me, and paid the ultimate price of having his sweaty head snapped back bcos im the kind of sicko who brings a full kit to try and complete it

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

I'm still a babby so I use grenades so infrequently that I don't yet understand how they work. Do explosions and flash effects go around corners or anything goofy, or are they pretty realistic? Do they do extra damage based on the size of the room or anything? If a frag grenade lands nearby should I hit the dirt because there's an inverted cone of shrapnel, or should I just run?

DrPop
Aug 22, 2004

Grenades are absolute chaos agents and defy the laws of physics. Bring in 10 each raid.

edit: or more if youre playing with a team

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Pharmaskittle posted:

I'm still a babby so I use grenades so infrequently that I don't yet understand how they work. Do explosions and flash effects go around corners or anything goofy, or are they pretty realistic? Do they do extra damage based on the size of the room or anything? If a frag grenade lands nearby should I hit the dirt because there's an inverted cone of shrapnel, or should I just run?

It uses video game logic. So a circle explosion from the epicenter that only damages what can be seen. If you hit the floor in front of a grenade, you will receive a healthy dosage of shrapnel to your body everything. Bring grenades because they are super useful for flushing people out, distractions for pushing, blowing up a group of scavs etc. My friend lives a little dangerously and brings M67's so he can toss the grenade, then run through the grenade before it explodes to the enemies who are usually booking it away from the grenade. Lots of fun mind games.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Christ I can't survive more than two minutes today before having to deal 350 damage to someone, have them not die, then two-tap me.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Bussamove posted:

Christ I can't survive more than two minutes today before having to deal 350 damage to someone, have them not die, then two-tap me.

Gotta tap into your rat instincts. Being a sneaky grimy piece of poo poo is the most fun part of the game (for me at least).

See a juiced guy? See where he is going. If he is not being careful and is leaving rooms open, even better. Wait till he loots something and throw a grenade behind him (key here is not AT him but BEHIND him, better chance of the explosion blowing him up if he manages to GTFO in time). Why risk having him turn around and 360 no-scope you in the head when you can throw Mr. Grenade and watch how quickly he can exit out of a menu.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
Anyone got a recommended video that goes into details for stealth based, slow, cautious solo play? You know tips, guidelines, specific cautions, all that poo poo. I ask not only because I want to know more but because I just like watching well produced videos on games I play.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Try Karmakut's standard edition playthrough. It's from a few patches ago so the Woods expansion isn't present in this series, but aside from that it's good. He plays solo, he's fairly slow and cautious, and he explains everything he does pretty well. This was one of the first series I watched when I was new to the game and it helped me a lot. I'm sad he doesn't seem to be playing this wipe.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Pharmaskittle posted:

they dont go around corners no. i dont t hink room size makes any difference, and its a radius not a cone so you want to just run. the different grenades have different fuse times and radiuses, and damage technically? but they all ignore armor and do a lot of damage so if youre near one when it goes off youre probably gone unless youre right on the edge of the blast.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Facts: the game should let you throw cans of stuff and they should make the clinking sound grenades make. Also the vector should be removed from the game.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Shrapnel is weird in that I think limbs can clip through walls enough that a grenade inside a building can kill you if you're pressed up against an exterior wall.

I know this from TKing a goon inside a building and also killing a goon outside of said building with one grenade.

sum
Nov 15, 2010

Wow it turns out adding the military-designed weapons literally designed to be effective against armored personnel at short/short-intermediate ranges has broken the meta of our game where 90% of fights happen at 50 meters or less. Who would have guessed.

Also I've come up with a stash/loot run of Woods that has pretty much removed the challenge of the game. I'm extracting ~90% of the time averaging like 700k rubles a run. I'm running around with thermals and class 6 armor just for giggles now.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

sum posted:

Wow it turns out adding the military-designed weapons literally designed to be effective against armored personnel at short/short-intermediate ranges has broken the meta of our game where 90% of fights happen at 50 meters or less. Who would have guessed.

Also I've come up with a stash/loot run of Woods that has pretty much removed the challenge of the game. I'm extracting ~90% of the time averaging like 700k rubles a run. I'm running around with thermals and class 6 armor just for giggles now.

You could share with the rest of the class.

ShowTime fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Jan 20, 2021

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

sum posted:

I have a hard time believing there's a route, let alone a loot route through woods with a 90% survival unless you're winning 70% of the fights you get into with other players

sum
Nov 15, 2010

Ixtlilton posted:

I have a hard time believing there's a route, let alone a loot route through woods with a 90% survival unless you're winning 70% of the fights you get into with other players

I do it as a scav. Even with the earlier spawns most players die/sprint towards lumberyard within the first 5 minutes. I will admit I've done it a couple times with my PMC and stopped because I was dying off spawn too often.

I've made a general outline below of how I generally run it depending on the spawn. If you spawn in the middle obviously you just run the branch in the direction of your extract, and similarly if your extract is bunker or bridge you just get off the route at the appropriate time. I think the major keys are to stay the gently caress away from the lumberyard and the bridge village and also really just to avoid old Woods in general. Also learn the exact locations of the caches obviously.

Probably as players learn the expansion it will be less lucrative (due to running into groups in new Woods etc.) but at the moment it works extremely well. Only major downside currently is that it tends to take awhile, often 20-30 minutes. Maybe I could do a group goon scav run or something idk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrPop
Aug 22, 2004

sum posted:

The Vector is a ridiculous boondoggle IRL and the 45 ACP one I shot in full auto was almost uncontrollable. Didn't shoot the 9

But this still applies to the MP7 and P90 for sure!