Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
?
This poll is closed.
Yes 62 44.93%
No 76 55.07%
Total: 138 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

stackofflapjacks posted:

Really interesting thread that Twitter linked me as related to that charging thread.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Pramas/status/1351292415475290114

to be fair the right has been doing this since Vietnam

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
There are two houses in the neighborhood my son's daycare is in that had and still have Trump flags and signs up. Today while looking to see if they'd taken them down yet I noticed that one had cut Pence out of his yard sign.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Fallom posted:

Investigators won't even go through your social media for a TS background investigation. It's not normal for military members to have that kind of scrutiny.

Oh this isn't necessarily true. Maybe it's not a standard thing, but I know people who've been questioned about it.

Edit: It might just be one person, now that I'm trying to remember specifics. This was a long time ago.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

https://twitter.com/Phil_Lewis_/status/1351542531729842179?s=20

Horns.aiff

That Works fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Jan 19, 2021

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Defenestrategy posted:

Point of order, bleach bombs will certainly kill the corona virus.

edit: I just realized I haven't seen a X CURES Y handle in a long time.

I saw a Dunson av in the wild somewhere and did kind of a double take

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
MyPillow guy is getting dropped by retailers lol.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Anarcho-Bidenism posted:

I saw a Dunson av in the wild somewhere and did kind of a double take

Saclopedia always useful to remind me what things are

saclopedia-dunson posted:

Whip Slagcheek

SIR DO YOU KNOW WHY I PULLED YOU OVER?

IT IS BECAUSE YOU ARE A BITCH.

DUNSON'D

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

CommieGIR posted:

Yes, they can demand access to your social media.

https://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclop...0this%20access.

Now, if you are a US citizen, they cannot deny you entry. They can, however, seize your phone.

can you not just delete social media apps from your phone and then they have no idea if you have social media or not?

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Doss the idea of them searching your name on their own facebook account and finding a matching picture of you not seem within the realm of possibility?

I fully axed my facebook last night. Left it for messenger for a while but gently caress all that, I'm flat out done with zucks lovely myspace.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Lordy when I was doing my TS package over 5 years ago I put a very close buddy I had known for 20 years on it. They asked him "what terrorist group would he support". My buddy responded that's ridiculous he wouldn't support any of them. "That's besides the point, let's just say he had to support one, which one would it be." He promptly forget his flippant answer and the interview moved on.

And that's how I got to explain the existence of the nefarious Rebel Alliance to a 70 year old lady who apparently never watched any movies.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Ahahahahahah

https://twitter.com/beckymetrick/status/1351659230760214528?s=21

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Doss the idea of them searching your name on their own facebook account and finding a matching picture of you not seem within the realm of possibility?

I fully axed my facebook last night. Left it for messenger for a while but gently caress all that, I'm flat out done with zucks lovely myspace.

the only social media I have is twitter and I dont have my name or any IRL friends on it so I'm thinking I could just delete that

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

hannibal posted:

I suppose clearance investigators could go through your public profiles and information about you online, but I've never heard of one asking in a interview about social media. They already ask the relevant questions - have you supported overthrowing the government, etc. - and they wouldn't care how did you did it or communicated about it.

A relative who was drafted in the early 1970s mentioned before sending guys overseas they asked a lot of screening questions in a big meeting. One of them was "have you been exposed to communist propaganda" and a guy who was a missionary kid in China raised his hand. He wasn't trolling and I'm not sure if he got the ok to go, and he noted the Nationalist posters were pretty bad but the communist ones were doing better visual design.

Dum Cumpster posted:

There are two houses in the neighborhood my son's daycare is in that had and still have Trump flags and signs up. Today while looking to see if they'd taken them down yet I noticed that one had cut Pence out of his yard sign.

I drive past an apt complex a lot and the giant trump 2020 flags on someone's doors got replaced with a Seahawks flag. Progress I suppose?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Godholio posted:

Oh this isn't necessarily true. Maybe it's not a standard thing, but I know people who've been questioned about it.

Edit: It might just be one person, now that I'm trying to remember specifics. This was a long time ago.

I would still expect them to do a casual search to see what comes up but they most definitely won't ask you to turn over your account so they can poke through it. There may be some jobs where they actually do that (aide to the president?) but again, it's not normal.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
The only time social media even came up for TS was asking by what means I was still in contact with foreign contacts. And that was just as simple as “Oh, he uses WhatsApp,” and that was that.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Godholio posted:

Yeah whatever you just wanted to delete me off Facebook🙄

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Hyrax Attack! posted:

I drive past an apt complex a lot and the giant trump 2020 flags on someone's doors got replaced with a Seahawks flag. Progress I suppose?

One loser for another.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Yeah whatever you just wanted to delete me off Facebook🙄

It's a shame, because I actually have a mildly amusing story along these lines that's not for public discussion. Edit: It's nothing too crazy, a couple people just got surprised that some "dumb young person stuff on the internet" was brought up later on in an official capacity. Nothing awful or lovely, or weird fanfic. The internet never forgets.

Hyrax Attack! posted:

I can be angry enough to be Trump's 12th man.

Godholio fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Jan 20, 2021

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Defenestrategy posted:

Point of order, bleach bombs will certainly kill the corona virus.

edit: I just realized I haven't seen a X CURES Y handle in a long time.

Yeah the edgy names of the past have since been disposed of because we've grown up (sort of)

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

LingcodKilla posted:

One loser for another.

MODS?!?

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

DANVERS CURES THANOS

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

DANVERS CURES THANOS

.45 ACP CURES NAZIS is still a great and relevant username.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
A character so overpowered they had to send her on a side mission for 80% of the movie and knock her into space for the other 5% so she wouldn't just end it in 30 minutes.

Slim Pickens fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Jan 20, 2021

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

it was pretty great watching her stare down thanos as he flailed angrily at her

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

She was looking for character development.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Begins the declassification stupidity.

https://twitter.com/w7voa/status/1351676943264083968?s=21

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
What’s Crossfire Hurricane?

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

That binder's just going to be a shitload of black sharpie.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

davecrazy posted:

Nice try, Comrade.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Booooooooring. Give us the aliens.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

davecrazy posted:

2016 election interference investigation.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

davecrazy posted:

the piss tape

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I thought it was when Jon Stewart got Tucker Carlson kicked off of CNN

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

orange juche posted:

That binder's just going to be a shitload of black sharpie.

Sounds like that's the case. Donnie said DECLASSIFY EVERYTHING, the FBI said "uh no, redact this poo poo", and Donnie went ok. But, who knows?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

What are the chances Donald even read the thing to make sure it would actually help make whatever point he’s making?

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

facialimpediment posted:

Sounds like that's the case. Donnie said DECLASSIFY EVERYTHING, the FBI said "uh no, redact this poo poo", and Donnie went ok. But, who knows?

He could just tweet out unredacted information from it

Well poo poo he got banned from twitter so he can't! Ha!

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

This is why the Twitter ban is terrible.

But good... also terrible.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Fallom posted:

What are the chances Donald even read the thing to make sure it would actually help make whatever point he’s making?

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
Did the removal vote get moved to tomorrow? I thought that was today? Or is it just not happening?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

Mitch is setting up the football to kick right now.