Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What system are you buying this shitheap on
PC
Playstation 4/5
whatever XBox is calling their poo poo now
WiiU
View Results

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib

PureRok posted:

Try selecting Modify Install under the Options drop down for the game in B.net. Make sure Campaign is selected. Alternatively you can do a scan and repair under the same menu if it is selected.
Campaign was already selected, but i installed zombies since that was a small download and once that installed Campaign was unlocked in-game. Weird, but problem solved

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trump
Jul 16, 2003

Cute
The console aimbot assist can go gently caress itself. That was all.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
I feel like I spent more time reviving than shooting.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
what loving mode lets you kill 1,372 people

ClydeFrog
Apr 13, 2007

my body is a temple to an idiot god
That is the glory of zombies

I_Socom
Jul 18, 2007

A great ride that requires finesse and effort to get the best out of it.

Where do I go to play Cold War with goons and not pubbies - is it Discord? I’m still friends with the BLOPSGoonsEast tags but I imagine that’s a bit out of date now :v:

LordoftheScheisse
Jan 16, 2016
What, exactly are the gigs and gigs of texture packs that I'm downloading on the PS5 do?

Strenots
Jun 21, 2005

'Course it's a good idea!

My god, the crashing on PC. I'm going through various troubleshooting steps with no luck, and now it's happening on menus. Have any PC players continued to have issues and found a solution? The internet is not being terribly helpful. Everything's up to date.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
lmao just had an assault game that lasted--not kidding--less than five minutes total

Just absolute dogshit matchmaking

I'm not good or anything, but this was the most insane stomps of stomps

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

sometimes it feels like the matchmaking will put you on a team with players that don't play the objective or are very passive to try to get you a loss

and sometimes it feels like the matchmaking will put you on a team with players that play the objective and are very aggressive to try to get you a win

Scarf Ace
Jul 21, 2006

keep it clean
anyone know how to download the free zombie trial on ps5? all i can find on the store is the ps4 version, but i know theyve specifically advertised the zombie mode as being free on all platforms, both ps4 and ps5.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Scarf Ace posted:

anyone know how to download the free zombie trial on ps5? all i can find on the store is the ps4 version, but i know theyve specifically advertised the zombie mode as being free on all platforms, both ps4 and ps5.

The free MP weekend was the same thing I think they only offer the PS4 version

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

So I think I understand the massive matchmaking issues. The biggest flaw is that there's no punishment for leaving early except for the loss, which, who gives a poo poo. Basically once one team starts looking bad then people on one team drop out, so new people join due to the lovely lobby system with nothing in their scorestreaks (bad) and no incentive to stay (worse). Rinse and repeat throughout the end of the game. If you stick around you're gonna get hosed or have a massive win. The matchmaking system overcompensates each way, leading to the couple of good games, couple of games where your team gets stomped. Either they gotta punish leaving early or they need to completely remake the system.

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
Is MW2019 still active enough to justify buying it still? I haven't had a CoD since Advanced Warfare and am looking to get back into it, but I've heard nothing but bad things about Cold War.

LooksLikeABabyRat
Jun 26, 2008

Oh dang, I'd nibble that cheese

Volte posted:

Is MW2019 still active enough to justify buying it still? I haven't had a CoD since Advanced Warfare and am looking to get back into it, but I've heard nothing but bad things about Cold War.

Cold War is great fun, it’s just not as polished as modern warfare is after a year+ of updates.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Cold War has prop hunt and mw2019 doesn’t.

The choice is obvious

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

LooksLikeABabyRat posted:

Cold War is great fun, it’s just not as polished as modern warfare is after a year+ of updates.

Honestly Cold War is not as polished as MW was at release, something about the engine/movement in general just feels kind of off.

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

Volte posted:

I have no trouble at all getting MW 2019 core matches, there are still plenty of players.

However I will say the intensity of the games is very high compared to before Cold War drooped. I think the sweatiest players make up a higher percentage of the player base now.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

threeagainstfour posted:

I have no trouble at all getting MW 2019 core matches, there are still plenty of players.

However I will say the intensity of the games is very high compared to before Cold War drooped. I think the sweatiest players make up a higher percentage of the player base now.

Yeah that always happens. The casual and medium level players leave, leaving only the mlg 360 noscope pros and people using aimbots

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
I decided to go for Cold War after all. I'm not a very discerning CoD player so unless it's somehow fundamentally broken I doubt I'll be annoyed by small differences in polish. Hell, if it were still active I'd probably just play Blops 2. I'd rather be able to play casually without getting curbstomped 100% of the time.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Honestly, that’s the best choice. Modern warfare is awesome, but it’s being sunset, and won’t get any new content or updates . Cold War is the game that will get updates and be filled with the most players for the next year

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

socialsecurity posted:

Honestly Cold War is not as polished as MW was at release, something about the engine/movement in general just feels kind of off.

MW has more evolved shooting mechanics but they really only come through fully at range, and the majority of the multiplayer is knife fights in a telephone booth. If you're going to get that experience it's definitely avalible in warzone which is free.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Really the only thing I truly miss about MW is good shotguns and Shipment

I’m hoping that the new shotgun that you have to unlock by getting 15 separate 3 kill shotgun streaks is actually good.

Prowler
May 24, 2004

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Really the only thing I truly miss about MW is good shotguns and Shipment

I’m hoping that the new shotgun that you have to unlock by getting 15 separate 3 kill shotgun streaks is actually good.

An automatic shotgun would be nice, since we have a semi-auto and a pump-action. But...I honestly like the Hauer? Like it is sometimes inconsistent, but I've also consistently gotten multiple one-shot one-kills against one or more opponents, and consistently two-shot at a certain range.

Is Alpine back in rotation yet?

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
I like Cold War except Satellite. gently caress that map.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

It's not.

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

wandler20 posted:

I like Cold War except Satellite. gently caress that map.

Satellite is dog poo poo especially in any objective mode because gently caress doing those i guess.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

RisqueBarber posted:

Satellite is dog poo poo especially in any objective mode because gently caress doing those i guess.

You get piddily poo poo for points for completing objectives and playing them can kill your scorestreak if you have multiple kills, so most people won't touch em.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
The warehouse with the plane is the one I hate.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I like it if only because it’s rad to run through the plane Hauering fools

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

I like it if only because it’s rad to run through the plane Hauering fools
I am the fool you Hauer.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

You could cut off the portion of every map that is a snipers alley and only improve the game.

Satellite loses more than half and is no longer legal tender, and is discarded

funkmeister
Feb 20, 2010

About your father. If it's any help, he's in the ground now. Sure, it's bad news for him. But on the other hand, it's party time for all those little worms.
cut off snipers alleys, and snipers too :D

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

snoremac posted:

I am the fool you Hauer.

Same. I avoid the inside of the plane like the plague.

nthing the sniper thing. In bad at it and it's boring. Imo.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Make a snipers only game mode and let them all battle it out in there

Come to think of it make all of the goldeneye modes.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Make a snipers only game mode and let them all battle it out in there

Come to think of it make all of the goldeneye modes.

I'm kind of surprised that game never got a remake because it seems like an updated version would be a license to print money.

Rockstar Massacre
Mar 2, 2009

i only have a crazy life
because i make risky decisions
from a position of
unreasonable self-confidence
the Hauer is sexy af and way cooler than any shotgun in CW or MW and if someone doesn't like it, that's a personal failing on their part.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

wandler20 posted:

I'm kind of surprised that game never got a remake because it seems like an updated version would be a license to print money.

That’s exactly the problem is the licensing. Rare holds the rights to the game but also simultaneously doesn’t hold the rights to the Bond license anymore so it’s effectively dead.

Some modded could make a *wink wink nudge nudge* unofficial tribute game but that would be about it

Apparently a remaster was mostly done for the 360 but then rare couldn’t get past the licensing hell so it got scrapped.

Can’t wait for that to leak someday.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Utgardaloki posted:

the Hauer is sexy af and way cooler than any shotgun in CW or MW and if someone doesn't like it, that's a personal failing on their part.

The origin from MW is 10x the gun that the Hauer or Gallo are and I will fight you over this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

That’s exactly the problem is the licensing. Rare holds the rights to the game but also simultaneously doesn’t hold the rights to the Bond license anymore so it’s effectively dead.

Some modded could make a *wink wink nudge nudge* unofficial tribute game but that would be about it

Apparently a remaster was mostly done for the 360 but then rare couldn’t get past the licensing hell so it got scrapped.

Can’t wait for that to leak someday.

Goldeneye: Source was a thing a few years go