Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

I should get a samovar for my shop or something. If i am at home all day I will have like 7 cups of tea but at work I have no tea :(

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Everyone needs a samovar imo.

Escape From Noise

Kief Richards posted:

Everyone needs a samovar imo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HFLy3Rkvco

Once again having eastern beauty oolong with fruit for breakfast

Thank you Pot Smoke Pheonnix for this Kickin' Rad sig

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

It's like you're in my head

Amp

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

You're right I should get a samovar

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

I’m not actually sure how a samovar works. There’s a teapot on top of a thing of hot water with a fire under it? I think I imagined the whole samovar was just full of tea all the time

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

I’m not actually sure how a samovar works. There’s a teapot on top of a thing of hot water with a fire under it? I think I imagined the whole samovar was just full of tea all the time

I was going to type up a whole thing about the samovar I grew up with but here is a video by a lady who reminds me a lot of my aunt lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8leBaMJEvY8

I can't vouch for the rest of the channel but this video is good

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

Kief Richards posted:

I was going to type up a whole thing about the samovar I grew up with but here is a video by a lady who reminds me a lot of my aunt lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8leBaMJEvY8

I can't vouch for the rest of the channel but this video is good
Thyenk yuw. Vwas gyud video, I learn much about traditional Russian samovar!

Escape From Noise

I also found this youtube channel called Around the Samovar and it's just like a Russian folk group and my Big Find of the Day! Highly recommend if you like Russian folk!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqD71pELlDw

Thank you Pot Smoke Pheonnix for this Kickin' Rad sig

Dip Viscous

i got some peppermint tea over the holidays and now i can't stop drinking it all day every day

if i get peppermint poisoning it's worth it

poverty goat

I've been sampling herbal teas from Upton

Winners:
Naturally Flavored Rote Grutze - A good one to drink by a fire when it is cold. Like a weaponized form of Raspberry Zinger. Deep red color that could pass for red wine.
Organic Ginger Carrot Beetroot Herbal Blend - I've had a bunch of ginger teas recently and this is a standout with a lot of complexity that doesn't kill you with spicy ginger
Naturally Flavored Rooibos Candied Almond - For dessert

Underachievers:
Naturally Flavored Chamillo Blend - I mean, it's not bad, but the other flavors overpower the chamomile, which I would have liked to taste

Losers:
Honeybush Green Organic - Not good. Also, this comes from some kind of bean plant, so it might count among the forbidden bean teas.
Organic Rooibos Vanilla - I don't really like rooibos by itself and this manages to accentuate the flavor I don't like in it

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

^^^I need to try that Rote grutz stuff I guess. I've been trying to find a non-caffeinated wine substitute for the evenings.

first cup of uptons mincing lane breakfast blend is pretty good. Think I steeped too long (said 5 min on the package)-will try again with shorter steep. Also kind of smoky but in a nice way with good body. It's kind of like more robust, slightly smoky east frisian tea or somethin.

Escape From Noise

Having some Yunnan gold leaf. I'm almost out! I may need to head to Kobe here soon.

poverty goat

2020 Nahorhabi Estate FBOP Assam w/ milk

Prof. Crocodile

poverty goat posted:

2020 Nahorhabi Estate FBOP Assam w/ milk

serious tea game.

poverty goat is to tea as hamjobs is to weed.

aldantefax

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'
Nice

Escape From Noise

Time for some mao-feng jasmine tea

Leraika

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
my friend got me something called tea drops for christmas and they're really compressed cakes of tea powder and sugar that you toss into a mug of boiling water like a bath bomb. It's a pretty neat idea for people who want to try something that isn't just bag tea, and they're not too sweet.

Buttchocks

No, I like my hat, thanks.
Tonights tea is Taylors strawberry vanilla green. It has a very strong artificial small, but the flavor is subtle. Better than I expected.

Escape From Noise

Brewing up the rest of my Yunnan gold leaf to have with some cookies.

JNCO BILOBA

Finishing off my Old Reliable puer and waiting on new stuff. I guess I'll have to get into some maple oolong in the meantime.

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

I drank too much tea i guess yesterday and could not sleep. Betrayed by tea:11tea:!!!

Buttchocks

Tonight I am drinking Dragon's Treasure brand Gingerbread tea. I like gingerbread, but this tastes like black tea with molasses. If gingerbread houses have toilets, this is what the contents would taste like. Maybe it would be better if I put royal icing around the lip of my mug.

poverty goat

couldn't make up my mind so I'm double-fisting a teacup of sencha yamato and a tulip glass full of coffee stout

Escape From Noise

Having some Eastern Beauty oolong with my oat groats this morning.

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

Gone is my pile of silver bags, tea station is organized, This organization was powered by a cup of ahmad ceylon tea:

aldantefax

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'
Ahmad hasn't steered me wrong. I found out about them because apparently the owner of it is a cousin of one of my coworkers who is a cool dude? I work with cool ppl and it is both cool to know I still work with them and that they share a love of teas.

Dip Viscous

out of peppermint and back on my usual hibiscus so i just ordered half a kilo of hibiscus

Escape From Noise

I wish I knew how the hibiscus saison I made right before leaving my last company turned out but it was finished after I left and didn't ever want to give them any of my money again.

Planet X

GOOD MORNING
I was in here jammin in the reggae thread and saw this thread so good on yall

I've been on a tea kick lately, as I wanted to not start my morning off with the same cup of coffee every day. Not great for the gut, I suppose. I have tea after my breakfast when I'm sittin down for work, and one in the afternoon just because!

We have an awesome tea shop here downtown, so I went and re-upped today and got some Golden Dragon (a black tea) and their local blend. I like green teas too but they have one herbal one called fuzzy fruits and its pretty fruity and fun

Also our teakettle's toot is like the noise an older beaver would make if they could whistle so that's pretty BYOB dont you think

Escape From Noise

Had a bit of the ol' jasmine this morning.

Buttchocks

Today's tea is not labeled, like at all. I'm not even sure this tea, it might just be random floor cruft. Tastes ok. I have some dried mushrooms I could toss in to make cup-a-soup.

RickRogers

Woh, is that a thing I like??
I am not drinking tea, but thinking of drinking some

Prof. Crocodile

Buttchocks posted:

might just be random floor cruft.

cruft is my friend, and he will post ITT on Wednesday.

Escape From Noise

Having honeybush with cinnamon but it hurts to swallow. Bleh!

RickRogers

Woh, is that a thing I like??

SweetWillyRollbar posted:

Having honeybush with cinnamon but it hurts to swallow. Bleh!

That really is a sad turn of events:(

Terrible home remedy: I don't really get strep throat often, but when I do I go for something to drink/eat with loads chili in it and just embrace the pain.
I then gargle whiskey and crawl into bed.

Prof. Crocodile

RickRogers posted:

go for something to drink/eat with loads chili in it and just embrace the pain.
I then gargle whiskey and crawl into bed.

This is really solid advice, but IDK what it has to do with strep.

Amp

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
Started my day off with a real nice aged tieguanyin mini cake. Not sure what I'm going to have this afternoon though.

I've got basically every kind of tea imaginable right now -- green, black, a wide assortment of oolongs, both types of pu erh, aged white...

BYOB tea thread pick what tea type I'm drinking for me please!!

Leraika

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Started my day off with a real nice aged tieguanyin mini cake. Not sure what I'm going to have this afternoon though.

I've got basically every kind of tea imaginable right now -- green, black, a wide assortment of oolongs, both types of pu erh, aged white...

BYOB tea thread pick what tea type I'm drinking for me please!!

I love a good oolong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amp

I drank an oolong