Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord

Slugnoid posted:

To be honest I'm looking forwards to doing my first playthrough with just the default starting equipment. It feels kind of cheesy to start part 3 kitted out with all your H1 & H2 gear already.
I will do the same. Not going to start out with the Sieker or whatever (even the lockpick, default only) but because the transfer process overwrites save data it would good to get it done before starting the single player.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
I'm probably not gonna bother with the progress transfer because I assume the only good suits (mascot, clown, classic black) will be unlockable again :v:

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.
I'm going to transfer over and then hopefully show some self-refuckingstraint for once in my life and stick to default loadouts for the first few runs of each level.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

GMG keys are going out, just got mine

(well it's not really a key, it redeems directly to EGS)

Doccykins
Feb 21, 2006
yep, also just redeemed my GMG purchase, now just waiting for the epic store to release for download

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

Discendo Vox posted:

Again?! jesus loving christ you hacks.

When were the other times they did this? It's really bugging me because I know they've done it before but can't exactly put my finger on when. I remember there being an assassin coming after you in one of the India levels in SA, as well as the other clone who comes after you later on. There were assassins in You Better Watch Out and A Dance with the Devil in Blood Money too, but I don't recall you necessarily being hunted without weapons in any of these. I'm almost sure that there were multiple assassins coming for you in Absolution though, such as...

Red Oktober posted:

I'd like them to go the other way a little more - someone like Gaddafi's Amazon Guard, where all of the 'high security' around a target are female so you can't steal their outfits. It could work in game easily too, just have scumlord-of-the-day be a real creep who loves have female guards around him.

And then added onto that, a female co-op mode, or just one where you switch between characters.

How quickly we forget the S&M NUNS.

Hedgehog Pie fucked around with this message at 14:37 on Jan 20, 2021

Aeble
Oct 21, 2010

Is it known if Hitman 3 going to be Epic Exclusive forever or is there a time delay like Outer Worlds? I've seen like no advertisement for it at all, and suddenly wham I learn that it's here.

Also, there's VR but exclusively for Playstation?

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Aeble posted:

Is it known if Hitman 3 going to be Epic Exclusive forever or is there a time delay like Outer Worlds? I've seen like no advertisement for it at all, and suddenly wham I learn that it's here.

1 year time exclusive.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Aeble posted:

At least at first yeah, they haven't confirmed or denied whether it's coming to PC later

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Lunch finished, Hitman 3 countdown timer on the TV down to under 9 minutes. Let's go!

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

Communist Bear posted:

1 year time exclusive.

Where did you get that number from for the VR?

The website for carrying over Hitman 2 to 3 progress still isn't up :(

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

Slugnoid posted:

To be honest I'm looking forwards to doing my first playthrough with just the default starting equipment. It feels kind of cheesy to start part 3 kitted out with all your H1 & H2 gear already.

I'm leaning towards not importing any progress from H2 at all, so I can start all levels "fresh" in the new engine.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

2 minute warning! :siren:

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Carryover website is loading sloooooooooow

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

It's up on Epic, seems the PC version is only 55GB

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
Wow, those access pass prices. IOI better keep their word and give us H2 for free.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Flayer posted:

Carryover website is loading sloooooooooow

It’s not even loading for me.

Cpt Thorne
Apr 13, 2009

It's on!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord

The_Doctor posted:

It’s not even loading for me.
It's got to the login page but has timed out a couple of times for me, might just skip it for now and take this time as some initial exploration.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme
At least I have to wait for the game to download while I wait for the carryover website to load into my profile....

Speeds are pretty good on epic. 60-80MB right now.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme
Great, I linked Hitman 2 on Steam but it says no eligible accounts for hitman 2 available.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Trying to get my IOI account password reset is fun right now.

Lollerich
Mar 25, 2004

The little doctors are back,
they want to play with you!
Hm, I have to say one thing, Epic Store has some fast download speeds. I'm currently getting 60 MB/s. I never get that on Steam during a release window...

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Yeah, I don't seem to be having any luck even loading the IOI account site to do the data transfer. I assume their servers are smoking rubble. Whoops

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
I actually got into the account transfer page but it said I had no accounts to link, thought maybe you need to link my IOI account inside H3 first but that predictably doesn't work either. Great stuff!

I'm actually going to play the game now.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme

Flayer posted:

I actually got into the account transfer page but it said I had no accounts to link, thought maybe you need to link my IOI inside H3 first but that predictably doesn't work either. Great stuff!

I'm actually going to play the game now.

Yeah same thing happened to me. I think you might need to link your email in game before doing.... but that isn't working as you said. just fails.

justcola
May 22, 2004

La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo

Couldn't connect to the server so didn't want to play - I'm assuming thats why I can't link Hitman 1 or 2 either (even though both are installed on my ps4)

Guess I'll make something to eat and come back in a bit. Very much looking forward to it though

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
So this isn't related to the game as such, but the FPS benchmark for the game involves the camera panning around the library in Dartmoor firing off bullets into everything and making it burst, shred, or explode. Which is actually quite clever, I think.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

:kingsley:

https://twitter.com/IOInteractive/status/1351885700459855872

Lollerich
Mar 25, 2004

justcola posted:

Couldn't connect to the server so didn't want to play - I'm assuming thats why I can't link Hitman 1 or 2 either (even though both are installed on my ps4)

Guess I'll make something to eat and come back in a bit. Very much looking forward to it though

Same, trying to login to IoI through Steam right now, doesn't seem to be working

csm141
Jul 19, 2010

i care, i'm listening, i can help you without giving any advice
Pillbug
I'm playing on PSVR to start since I don't have any progression on PS (i also got it on PC, its me, i'm the sucker). The visuals (on PS4 Pro) are good enough that it doesn't feel like poo poo but the limitations are very evident. Movement takes some getting used to for sure but the options are pretty good. Smooth makes me wanna vomit and Snap is a little too jarring but Smooth Snap is pretty good. First impressions? I'm not like over the moon about it just yet but its very interesting and I can see how this would really shine with a better set and more power.

DourCricket
Jan 15, 2021

Thanks Coupleofkooks
Almost like Always-Online games are a terrible idea...

I love you Hitman but get your poo poo together.

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.
Forgot to put my new IO password from last week into my keypass and now I've been stuck at the reset password screen for 40 minutes.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

This is a bit of a farce. Finally logged into my IOI account on desktop, and it shows no Hitman 2 progress/available. But now it won't let me logout to try via PSN login. Meanwhile, on the actual Playstation browser, the Carryover site keeps timing out.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

Can't get into the server, can't get progress to carryover. I guess I'll play Monday.

Lollerich
Mar 25, 2004

Well I at least managed to login to my ioi account directly and link it to epic and now Hitman 3 shows up as registered to the account. I was able to login in the game, but no carry over yet.
I keep hammering the carry over site but it keeps timing out. So, close but not quite.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

Hedgehog Pie posted:

When were the other times they did this? It's really bugging me because I know they've done it before but can't exactly put my finger on when. I remember there being an assassin coming after you in one of the India levels in SA, as well as the other clone who comes after you later on. There were assassins in You Better Watch Out and A Dance with the Devil in Blood Money too, but I don't recall you necessarily being hunted without weapons in any of these. I'm almost sure that there were multiple assassins coming for you in Absolution though, such as...

How quickly we forget the S&M NUNS.

Absolution, including the S&M nuns, spends a lot of its time on a 47 hunted by the ICA plot. It’s abysmal.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Managed to play Dubai (although the game has just crashed now on the end of the mission, guess it's more of the server gently caress ups). Great level! Massive with lots of things to play around with. Graphics are really crisp and more detailed compared to H2 on the PS4 but with the same look. The Sceptre itself is a hugely impressive scenery for the level.

Played on Master and managed to beat it the first time, although I did have to pop off a couple of guards when I locked myself in the server room with the silent alarm. Fell for that one like an idiot... I'm actually looking forward to playing it again when I can keep all my progress and try for a more stealthy run. IOI have managed to gently caress up the release pretty bad but at least the game is good!

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Discendo Vox posted:

Absolution, including the S&M nuns, spends a lot of its time on a 47 hunted by the ICA plot. It’s abysmal.

Yea but this time it will probably be good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

justcola
May 22, 2004

La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo

It's only been released for an hour or so, so I'm not giving them too harder time yet. Would have been nice if all the carry over was smoother or it saved progress but I can hang on a day or two. I tried logging into Hitman 1 to register that on my IOI account but haven't received the email yet, so I think their servers must be making GBS threads themselves

There's also a massive artifact on the startup screen on a ps4 where it looks like its been saved as a 56kb gif or something.

Hitman 2077