Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
numeracy
This poll is closed.
s*x n*mb*r 69 0.22%
w@@d n_mb_r 420 1.34%
Jeb! number 538 1.72%
Biden numbr 30330 96.72%
Total: 31357 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
first words out of my boomer father's mouth this morning: Sign them 2000 dollar checks Joe!!!!

lmao, lemme go explain the 600+1400 thing to him real fast...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

Rectal Death Adept posted:

Also if democrats still cant shut up about THEIR THREE TRILLION DOLLAR BILL from May that the evil senate wouldn't vote on what is the reason we can't hold a medicare for all vote again?

I mean if we are going to sit around acting smug knowing that we pushed forward morally good bills that have no chance of passing the senate why stop at taking months of victory laps on a coronavirus bill they knew had no chance of passing.

I brought this up, apparently Bernie introducing $15/hour legislation in 2019 is bad, but the House Democrats not having a M4A vote is good and it you don't realize that you're not "media savvy."

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Right on cue:

https://twitter.com/kasha_edwards/status/1351893579732574209

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Why would anyone fall for that lol

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Ron Howard voice : Nothing on the list would get done, either.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
If January 6th was our new 9/11 and was more serious than we think and all this poo poo, why are we having a five-day celebration of the inauguration, something I've never heard of happening in my life.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Probably Magic posted:

If January 6th was our new 9/11 and was more serious than we think and all this poo poo, why are we having a five-day celebration of the inauguration, something I've never heard of happening in my life.

it's called getting back to normalcy

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Luis Garcia (age 8) has reported that the bad men have changed the portrait on the wall opposite his holding cell. He states that the grinning face of the new portrait fills him with a renewed sense of optimism for the future, and also he would like to see his mommy very, very much.

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

smarxist posted:

first words out of my boomer father's mouth this morning: Sign them 2000 dollar checks Joe!!!!

lmao, lemme go explain the 600+1400 thing to him real fast...

:allears: please report back to us

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/1351893938173579265?s=20

$50k -> $10k -> You get a few more months to pay it back

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/JoeBiden/status/1351897267666608129?s=20

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Mantis42 posted:

Luis Garcia (age 8) has reported that the bad men have changed the portrait on the wall opposite his holding cell. He states that the grinning face of the new portrait fills him with a renewed sense of optimism for the future, and also he would like to see his mommy very, very much.

god drat

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Probably Magic posted:

its Joes turn

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Nothus posted:

It is honestly more than I expected.

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

Nothus posted:

very weird that this has a cost to it but absolutely nobody talks about it with the same vigor they use to push back against just forgiving the loan. I am guessing I will save about 4-5k in interest for March 2020 - September 2021 and my balance isn't even that high

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

0 rows returned posted:

cant wait to go back to brunch

Uh, no you stupid idiot we’re not going back to brunch, we’re going back to ”runch”, a more rational and efficient version of lunch. This was always the plan!

We took a “break” with Trump and now we’re going to “runch”

B + Runch = Brunch

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

synapse posted:

very weird that this has a cost to it but absolutely nobody talks about it with the same vigor they use to push back against just forgiving the loan. I am guessing I will save about 4-5k in interest for March 2020 - September 2021 and my balance isn't even that high

there actually isnt a cost because you are paying back american dollars to the american government. the american government has no need for your useless fake dollars, it can make as many as it wants

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

synapse posted:

I should probably have kept paying through the deferment lol

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

Rutibex posted:

there actually isnt a cost because you are paying back american dollars to the american government. the american government has no need for your useless fake dollars, it can make as many as it wants

Absolutely. I'm just remarking that i've seen no made-up cost pushback on deferral.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/atossaaraxia/status/1351873047360319492?s=20

lol

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/GMA/status/1351902839950467072?s=20

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

look at this anti-stutter ableism. biden clearly meant "yeah, sure, we'll act one day" and it just came out "day one"

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

msnbc getting really into the weeds about exactly how the nuclear football handoff will happen, i kind of forgot how lobotomized and insufferable the media was under obama, looks like we are back to that complete loving nonsense again

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Pryor on Fire posted:

msnbc getting really into the weeds about exactly how the nuclear football handoff will happen, i kind of forgot how lobotomized and insufferable the media was under obama, looks like we are back to that complete loving nonsense again

that's exactly what 'restore the soul of the nation' meant

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

spacemang_spliff posted:

I should probably have kept paying through the deferment lol

honestly what i've been doing, been making a real nice dent in mine because of no interests. i know im very lucky to be able to do this though

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

CNN depicting Biden with a halo.

https://twitter.com/CNNPolitics/status/1351873618406494208

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010

Nothus posted:

Current uspol thinking to examine the current state of succ: "this is huge news" and "has anyone heard news about the 10k executive order"

God just imagine being that gullible

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

sleep with the vicious posted:

Current uspol thinking to examine the current state of succ: "this is huge news" and "has anyone heard news about the 10k executive order"

God just imagine being that gullible

I tried to examine this D&D you speak of

dr_rat posted:

Honestly I think a lot of them won't. I mean some will, but for what ever reason trump energized them a lot, and the mass social media ban couldn't of come at a better time as there will be a whole bunch of old q nuts who are feeling really disheartened and a lot of the sources they used to get this crap from are gone. Without the central figure, easy to access sources and just generally feeling pretty low about it all I think a lot will just sort of drift away.

Worlds still going to be dealing with some of these nutters for a long time but I think over the next few months the active members will shrink massively and you won't see basically any new people getting drawn in.

Pretty much the best ending anyone could of hoped for.

This is the sort of thing you would pay your butler to post because you find the internet too crass, like what the flying gently caress

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Nothus posted:

This is great loving news for me, but I'm not gonna give Biden any special credit for it considering Trump did the same thing.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

quote:

Pretty much the best ending anyone could of hoped for.

could have

COULD HAVE

COULD HAVE!!!

"could of" does not loving mean anything!!!

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

i'm all the white people with black avatars in the comments being like "I think we should give our good friend Joe Biden a chance, DAYUM YA'LL"

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Brownhat posted:

Since I couldn't provide him an article from the last two weeks, done exclusively by US scientists, I have no proof lockdowns are necessary at all!

Mind you, my "opinion" article was from the loving Lancet.

EDIT: I posted Biden's own Covid advisor saying we needed a 4-6 week lockdown and he stopped responding to me.

This is the point where you say something extremely condescending about this person being the one who is similar to a Trump supporter

edit: Similar to a dog or something, you must establish dominance over liberals, and the way you do that is by out-condescending them.

The particularly ironic thing about this one is that these same people like to talk about how other countries having lower fatalities is proof of how the US has done things wrong (which isn't necessarily wrong, though in many cases they think this difference is because of some simple thing that Biden will do, instead of "having a functioning healthcare system that results in poor people not dying as disproportionately."

Ytlaya has issued a correction as of 16:12 on Jan 20, 2021

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
i challenge you to wear a mask

i bet u won't u piece of poo poo

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Can't get over how good COVID has been for my finances even though everyone around me is suffering and dying. This must be what being rich feels like all the time.

Phigs
Jan 23, 2019

These loving Boomers and Xers don't get that Millennials are already at this point. They are SO old and SO out of touch. The world is not the same world you grew up in grandma get the gently caress out of politics.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Pryor on Fire posted:

I tried to examine this D&D you speak of

This is the sort of thing you would pay your butler to post because you find the internet too crass, like what the flying gently caress

lol

They really think fascism will just disappear on it's own

A lib I work with think this.

I told her "look what happens at like the first polls of who the GOP wants for nomination in 2024, Trump will be at the top" and well...trump is at the top of current GOP polls for 2024 nominee

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
lol Hillary Clinton still isn't President but Biden is

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Not gonna lie, your new 911 is a lot dumber than the old one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

gradenko_2000 posted:

could have

COULD HAVE

COULD HAVE!!!

"could of" does not loving mean anything!!!

it's a bunch of aggressively mediocre intellects who've bought in completely to an insane ideology because it lets them feel very important in their mediocre white collar jobs