Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Huxley posted:

I brought this on myself, and I suppose I deserve it.

We're just having a laugh you're fine. Just explain what you were actually going to do with it, because there are myriad uses for such a thing, both sexual and not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I mean, not to get too descriptive but

The idea is, blindfold game and "yes sir/ma'am" games are well-established. If you could get a somewhat realistic different voice in there, sort of the aural equivalent of wearing a different-color wig. We don't have a ton of experience with other people, no desire to open up. It's been 15 years going strong, just exploring. I figured I could get a dozen or so common phrases going, enough to create an illusion, ya know?

It might be a hit, it might get a huge laugh. Either way we are off to a good start.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
This is, incidentally, the exact plot point from True Lies, plus or minus a helicopter fight. Not that I realized that when I asked the question. Must have made an impression.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Johnny Truant posted:

Nope, never seen it. I'm falling back on butt speaker. Godspeed and have fun!

If you're going to fall back on your butt speaker, please make sure it has a flared base.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Liquid Communism posted:

If you're going to fall back on your butt speaker, please make sure it has a flared base.

I followed the Amazon link. It does.

MightyJoe36
Dec 29, 2013

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
You just reminded me of the House episode where one of his clinic patients stuck an MP3 player up their butt.

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?

Liquid Communism posted:

Or tie a sturdy string to it.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!
I’m really bummed that Brad Neely took down the old Creased Comics archive, otherwise I’d post Telephone Butt

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
What do you want to say? I'll throw in a .wav to the goon sex command soundboard

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

JesustheDarkLord posted:

What do you want to say? I'll throw in a .wav to the goon sex command soundboard

2021 Goon Project found.

Edit: I will absolutely donate my voice talents for your sexual escapades.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

KillHour posted:

2021 Goon Project found.

Edit: I will absolutely donate my voice talents for your sexual escapades.

a couple days ago some weirdos tried to get the GBS Deviantart thread gassed for being “too blatantly horny” (it wasn’t horny at all).

Now here we have goons donating their voices to make a sex toy for a stranger.

bare bottom pancakes
Sep 3, 2015

Production: Complete
GBS doesn't know how to have fun

BirdOfPlay
Feb 19, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Why not a voice changing mask instead? Much better than a sound board.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69IuXVx-Tfk

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

DeadlyMuffin
Jul 3, 2007

Bomrek posted:

You can tell real adults by their three towels: one for showering, one for butt stuff, one as relief pitcher for the lube towel.

Oh my God, I'm in this picture and I don't like it.

Libandano Urfam
Apr 23, 2010
The clear way forward is with a vintage YakBak. Complete with sexy sound effects.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2ITVU_lwSc

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

KillHour posted:

"I am an adult now. I have two towels - one for showering and one covered in lube stains!"

Realtalk though, sex towels are super useful. Use them when there'll be lube everywhere. Use them when one or more participants will be menstruating, or have postpartum discharge. Use them when you're having sex in someone's currently-empty chill space at Burning Man because you're not an rear end in a top hat who'll leave fluids all over their stuff.

Also, you can sing this to your partner (or yourself!)

Sex towel
Sex towel
You're my sex towel
Babe you make me horny
Horny like an owl

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
towels are so loving cheap, having like 3 or 5 or 10 that you do or don’t specifically use to dry yourself around for that kind of poo poo is so smart.

Honestly I just buy like a big pack of cheapass Costco towels like every 4 years and use most of them as drop cloths and rags and to dry poo poo all over the place, and a few historically get taken for potential sex towel use.

It’s nice to just have something to wipe your hand on if you do a lot of hand or finger stuff, so you don’t end up leaving butthole or vag stank handprints all over your bedsheets, or awkwardly wiping some slimy fingers on your partner’s stomach before doing missionary on them or whatever. Or to wipe off sweat/catch any number of fluids/etc.

The only thing better than copious amazing sex is having clean, fresh smelling sheets to retire to immediately after

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

And keep a damp washcloth handy. Or three.

Aexo
May 16, 2007
Don't ask, I don't know how to pronounce my name either.
Unrelated to sex but related to towelchat:

Keep one in your car, you'll be surprised when it may come in handy. If even just something to rest your knees on when you're changing a tire in the middle of nowhere. Or I guess while giving sideoftheroadhead if that's your thing.

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010
You can also wet it for use in hand-to-hand combat.

(Some liquids work better than others.)

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

Aexo posted:

Keep one in your car, you'll be surprised when it may come in handy. If even just something to rest your knees on when you're changing a tire in the middle of nowhere. Or I guess while giving sideoftheroadhead if that's your thing.

This is good advice. I once spent a good twenty minutes standing in icy water digging my car out of a half frozen puddle (in the middle of a cul-de-sac, sigh) and I would have loved to have a towel. Very happy I randomly had a set of spare shoes in the car.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Aexo posted:

Hey, sass that hoopy Aexo? There's a frood who really knows where their towel is.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Hannibal Rex posted:

You can also wet it for use in hand-to-hand combat.

(Some liquids work better than others.)

Okay, so now I have a towel and napalm in my car :ohdear:

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

AlbieQuirky posted:

Okay, so now I have a towel and napalm in my car :ohdear:

Great! Now you’ll be ready if Vogons ever show up to do a construction project here

Sextro
Aug 23, 2014

Any recommended online shops for lube and other fun stuff? Trying to avoid Amazon for everything.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Sextro posted:

Any recommended online shops for lube and other fun stuff? Trying to avoid Amazon for everything.

OP has some links - looks like Condomania and Babeland.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I'm thinking about signing as a Hotline Volunteer for RAINN https://www.rainn.org/volunteer.

I'd like to become as educated as I can be about consent, sex, sexual communication, and everything else that might be related.

Does this thread have any recommendations for webinars/books/articles/resources? Or is there another thread on this topic that I missed?

I want to be as educated as I can about sex, consent, and what to do after a consent conflict occurs.

I've found:
...as a starting point.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
RAINN will teach you what's appropriate for that situation. Obviously the role will primarily be supporting people who have been sexually assaulted. Beginning from a position of "it was probably just a misunderstanding, an incident, we all make mistakes, we have to think about the support the rapist needs" is what transformative justice often falls into, but it isn't appropriate for that situation and tbh RAINN would probably prefer you to come in without that training/background.

Anne Whateley fucked around with this message at 06:51 on Feb 21, 2021

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

Ornery and Hornery posted:

I'm thinking about signing as a Hotline Volunteer for RAINN https://www.rainn.org/volunteer.

You didn't specifically ask about this, but if you do volunteer with RAINN, take good care of yourself, too. I've been volunteering as a community advocate for the past couple years, and these are very heavy conversations. poo poo can take a toll on you, and it's important to take care of your mental health. It's why I have a good therapist and routinely gush about Monster Hunter World.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Shine posted:

You didn't specifically ask about this, but if you do volunteer with RAINN, take good care of yourself, too. I've been volunteering as a community advocate for the past couple years, and these are very heavy conversations. poo poo can take a toll on you, and it's important to take care of your mental health. It's why I have a good therapist and routinely gush about Monster Hunter World.

Anne Whateley posted:

RAINN will teach you what's appropriate for that situation. Obviously the role will primarily be supporting people who have been sexually assaulted. Beginning from a position of "it was probably just a misunderstanding, an incident, we all make mistakes, we have to think about the support the rapist needs" is what transformative justice often falls into, but it isn't appropriate for that situation and tbh RAINN would probably prefer you to come in without that training/background.

This is all good feedback. Thank you friends.

I recognize that that specific transformative justice discussion isn't appropriate for RAINN training in particular, but I am still very much interested in learning about that topic as well.

I'd appreciate any further resources.

SnatchRabbit
Feb 23, 2006

by sebmojo
I feel like this should be an E/N thread in GS, but here goes. Also unsure if there is a better place for this thread as I couldn't find a Marriage/Divorce Megathread. At any rate here goes:

My wife (39F) and I (38M) have been married for around ten years and together for fifteen years. We have a two year old son, own a home, and are well established in our careers. We have not had sex for roughly 2.5 years. The last time was a few months before our son was born. We are both currently in therapy. Sex has been a constant point of contention throughout our marriage. That’s not to say we haven’t had satisfying sex, but it almost always would be initiated by me, which required quite a bit of persistence and tolerance for rejection. Quite frankly, as a near middle-aged man I don’t have the wherewithal for that anymore. Our recent dry spell came about in no small part due to my wife’s undiagnosed postpartum depression and likely some flavor of depression previous to that. Earlier in our relationship we had similar dry spells where my wife was simply not interested for weeks/months at a time which she sometimes attributed to birth control, stress etc. We would talk about it and usually it would get resolved.

Couple all of this with a raging pandemic and a cross-country move, and we’ve hit a rocky patch to say the least. After our move in July of this year we were living with my parents for 6-7 months while we house hunted which didn’t give us much time to be alone or intimate, obviously. During that time we (mostly I) talked quite a bit about our sex life and how I was deeply unsatisfied with it, and had been for some time. My wife on multiple occasions said that I should go and have sex with someone else. At the time I thought she was being sincere, and maybe she was, but later on she said she only agreed under duress.

At any rate, around mid December, I started pursuing an affair on sites like seeking.com and fetlife.com and after maybe a month or so of chatting up a few women I found one that was interested. Now, I didn’t keep my wife in the loop about all this, selfishly, because I thought she would put a stop to it. But, leading up to the actual affair I did hint that I was looking and that she had given permission. I asked again if she was ok with it and she said that I could go ahead with it but that it would hurt her. I tuned out that last part because by this time wheels were in motion and I was and still am resentful about our sex life. So long story short, I meet a woman for coffee and grab a hotel room for the day while I said I was going shopping, and have sex. While I’m at the hotel, seeming out of the blue, my wife decides to get the CarNet app working on my car, sees it’s parked at a hotel and proceeds to phone the front desk, call and text me, crying, etc. So I rush home, get read the riot act, and miraculously and strangely I don’t get thrown out of the house. Since then, I’ve tried to make amends by going to confession (raised Catholic), go to therapy, bringing home flowers, be affectionate in a non-sexual way, etc.

Now that’s all well and good. We’ve talked quite a bit and we really are trying to work things out. My wife has said she is going to work on being more available sexually, initiating sex more, be more verbal about when she is receptive to sex, etc. We’ve also been trying to spend more time together with dinner-dates and resolved to at least attempt to have sex once a week or more.

The thing is, this may not all work out and so I’ve started thinking about an exit strategy. We’ve talked about divorce/separation and we are both in agreement that Divorce would likely leave us both financially knee-capped, disrupt our son’s homelife/routine and generally make both our lives ten times harder. Separation has a similar outcome. Now, I’ve been trying to think of other creative solutions to this seemingly intractable problem, so I’m wondering if anyone has gone through a similar situation and can offer any guidance/advice. One idea I’ve been kicking around is renting/buying a small apartment while I still cohabitate with my wife. We typically trade off days getting up with our son so I figured on my mornings off I would sleep at an apartment, maybe spend an odd weekend off there. I’d even be open to my wife using it to get some time alone away from me and our son. I’m sure this all sounds hopelessly naive but that’s where I’m at. Feel free to ask other clarifying questions if this is indeed the proper place for such a thread.

Hug in a Can
Aug 1, 2010

NICE FLAMINGO
kind heart
fierce mind
brave spirit

:h: be good and try hard! :h:

You’re going to get a divorce, dude.

You don’t seem like you want to work things out with your wife specifically, just that you want to minimize your inconvenience. That’s fine, but that means your marriage is ending.

Keep a lawyer handy so you don’t make any big mistakes, be considerate that this is hard for her too, and try to start looking at your situation through that lens. I’m sorry.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

SnatchRabbit posted:

I feel like this should be an E/N thread in GS, but here goes. Also unsure if there is a better place for this thread as I couldn't find a Marriage/Divorce Megathread. At any rate here goes:

My wife (39F) and I (38M) have been married for around ten years and together for fifteen years. We have a two year old son, own a home, and are well established in our careers. We have not had sex for roughly 2.5 years. The last time was a few months before our son was born. We are both currently in therapy. Sex has been a constant point of contention throughout our marriage. That’s not to say we haven’t had satisfying sex, but it almost always would be initiated by me, which required quite a bit of persistence and tolerance for rejection. Quite frankly, as a near middle-aged man I don’t have the wherewithal for that anymore. Our recent dry spell came about in no small part due to my wife’s undiagnosed postpartum depression and likely some flavor of depression previous to that. Earlier in our relationship we had similar dry spells where my wife was simply not interested for weeks/months at a time which she sometimes attributed to birth control, stress etc. We would talk about it and usually it would get resolved.

Couple all of this with a raging pandemic and a cross-country move, and we’ve hit a rocky patch to say the least. After our move in July of this year we were living with my parents for 6-7 months while we house hunted which didn’t give us much time to be alone or intimate, obviously. During that time we (mostly I) talked quite a bit about our sex life and how I was deeply unsatisfied with it, and had been for some time. My wife on multiple occasions said that I should go and have sex with someone else. At the time I thought she was being sincere, and maybe she was, but later on she said she only agreed under duress.

At any rate, around mid December, I started pursuing an affair on sites like seeking.com and fetlife.com and after maybe a month or so of chatting up a few women I found one that was interested. Now, I didn’t keep my wife in the loop about all this, selfishly, because I thought she would put a stop to it. But, leading up to the actual affair I did hint that I was looking and that she had given permission. I asked again if she was ok with it and she said that I could go ahead with it but that it would hurt her. I tuned out that last part because by this time wheels were in motion and I was and still am resentful about our sex life. So long story short, I meet a woman for coffee and grab a hotel room for the day while I said I was going shopping, and have sex. While I’m at the hotel, seeming out of the blue, my wife decides to get the CarNet app working on my car, sees it’s parked at a hotel and proceeds to phone the front desk, call and text me, crying, etc. So I rush home, get read the riot act, and miraculously and strangely I don’t get thrown out of the house. Since then, I’ve tried to make amends by going to confession (raised Catholic), go to therapy, bringing home flowers, be affectionate in a non-sexual way, etc.

Now that’s all well and good. We’ve talked quite a bit and we really are trying to work things out. My wife has said she is going to work on being more available sexually, initiating sex more, be more verbal about when she is receptive to sex, etc. We’ve also been trying to spend more time together with dinner-dates and resolved to at least attempt to have sex once a week or more.

The thing is, this may not all work out and so I’ve started thinking about an exit strategy. We’ve talked about divorce/separation and we are both in agreement that Divorce would likely leave us both financially knee-capped, disrupt our son’s homelife/routine and generally make both our lives ten times harder. Separation has a similar outcome. Now, I’ve been trying to think of other creative solutions to this seemingly intractable problem, so I’m wondering if anyone has gone through a similar situation and can offer any guidance/advice. One idea I’ve been kicking around is renting/buying a small apartment while I still cohabitate with my wife. We typically trade off days getting up with our son so I figured on my mornings off I would sleep at an apartment, maybe spend an odd weekend off there. I’d even be open to my wife using it to get some time alone away from me and our son. I’m sure this all sounds hopelessly naive but that’s where I’m at. Feel free to ask other clarifying questions if this is indeed the proper place for such a thread.

You should’ve initiated a divorce the first time it seemed like you should divorce. How would renting an apartment resolve or mitigate anything, financially or otherwise, that simply doing a divorce wouldn’t?

I don’t think there’s anything that you or your wife could do to make this situation better—she’s not going to magically become more sexual toward you and you can’t really take back recent events and revelations about your feelings, etc.

You prevent both yourself and your wife from finding relationships or arrangements that better align with whom and where you are. It won’t benefit your son either, and you prevent him from seeing his parents in healthier relationships.

The solution is getting divorced. It really sucks, but being in a zombie marriage sucks worse.

marchantia
Nov 5, 2009

WHAT IS THIS
Also your son will adjust to his parents living apart. Kids growing up with parents that are resentful of each other can absolutely sense it and it's not good for them either.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
OP’s getting divorced. By hook or by crook, that poo poo’s happening.

Either OP has the spine and maturity to recognize what’s going on and initiate it himself or he’ll drag his feet and blame his frigid wife and rent a separate place and try to gently caress women in semi-secret until she gets the paperwork together for him herself.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
The moment when OP should’ve initiated a divorce is when he talked to his wife about their sex life and she told him to just go have sex with other people

dexter6
Sep 22, 2003
I’m so sorry. I’m divorced and though we didn’t have a kid, I can sympathize with you. Just know that when you come out on the other side, both of you can be stronger and happier not in this marriage.

Have you guys tried couples therapy?

I bring it up not as a way to fix your marriage, but instead, I found couples therapy was helpful in thoughtfully and respectfully ending a relationship I had.

It seems like thoughtfully ending it would be best for your wife, your child and you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LowOnCyan
Feb 29, 2016

None of this matters

SnatchRabbit posted:

[...]

My buddy just went through something like this, and it worked for a bit, but long term it wasn't sustainable. If she's not attracted to you in that manner anymore and at the same time feel obligated to do something that's beyond her comfort level all the time, it will create resentment over time. Scheduling sex is great but I think it works only if both parties are into it. In my buddy's case he left all of the initiating to her so that she doesn't feel pressured, but that made her feel even more pressured because now there's a marriage at stake, and it was all up to her to save it. Couples' counselling made her feel like it was all her fault as well.

I'm sorry that I have no answers for you.