Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Germansimp posted:

For one second there I thought Fenix would use Serpentico as a weapon against Luther.

Same I couldn't figure out the physics of it but I had faith.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
catching up on Dark, i just noticed Brandon's walkin coat has WUBRG represented on the back tails :allears:

Sammy G vs Australiano wanted to be a really good match, but Australiano kept missing his spots and Sammy had to dive to catch him, it was weird. Sammy's GTH to end it was amazing.

Comoroto and Sky match was awesome, loving HEROIC finish, so loving cool, I really want Sky to get into a main event program god dammit

smarxist fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Jan 20, 2021

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Darkthoughts

Taz, Excalibur, and Ricky Starks on commentary

1) Luchasaurus vs Brandon Cutler. Been looking forward to this one. Luchasaurus always sounds a little too nerdy on the mic. Cutler's over the top entrance is pretty excellent. You forget how tall Cutler is. This is a high energy opener with lots to enjoy and I could easily have seen this as, say, the second match on Dynamite or a featured match on the second show. Cutler's springboard elbow is a really excellent move, well worth doing twice. Wow, that chokeslam from Luchasaurus just dumped Cutler DIRECTLY on his head, seemingly on purpose. This was a solid and very enjoyable match.

2) Sammy Guevara vs El Australiano. Looking for some crazy stuff here. El Australiano looks like the guy you'd buy synthetic weed from is Jack Evans wasn't there that day. Australiano has some great moves but they look a little uneven when put together. His shine is very good and he does some really innovative stuff. These guys are exceptionally well matched, and that means they respond to each other's offense very well. Really good enhancement match.

Sammy is becoming a really excellent promo.

I'm never going to care about Wrestling With The Week,

3) Nick Comoroto vs Scorpio Sky. I'm heavily on the Nick Comoroto train. He's quick, he's strong, and he does ridiculous stuff. He and Sky don't gel perfectly here. There's a couple of spots that looked like they should be something but which didn't quite work out. They get into the swing of it after a while, though, the corner throw where Comoroto chucked Sky so hard that Comoroto fell over was great. If they need a lower card wild man, you could do a lot worse than Comoroto. Scorpio Sky runs into the problem of being an all rounder. He's a pretty good wrestler, pretty good flier, pretty good talker, pretty good scrapper, but none of these are his defining strength, and that makes it hard to be very interested in him.

4) Shanna vs Marti Daniels. I don't remember much about Marti from her last match but she's got a good look. Shanna is a chud, but she's a very solid wrestler. I like the oblique Botchamania shoutout on commentary from Ricky. Marti has some really good strikes, and her taunting is very good. There's definitely some really solid raw material to work with here: I could easily see her get slotted into an enforcer role for a chickenshit heel (does Britt need security for the waiting room?)

5) The Butcher and the Blade versus Mike Verna and Baron Black. I still don't see anything very much in Mike Verna. Big Butch's new gear is still loving awesome. I continue to want Baron Black to pick new ring gear. He's actually pretty talented, but his gear makes him look silly. This match is predictably a demolition. Butcher and Blade are just a couple of murderers and I love it.

6) Ryzin, Adam Priest and Vary Morales vs Large Adult Gunns. I really want Billy to leave Aubrey alone. There's something very throwback about the Gunns, they very much seem like a house team: not necessarily over but popular enough that they can be used to get people heat. What I'm not sure about is who this match is supposed to get over. Vary Morales has potential, but we don't get to see really any of it before the Gunns get a win that moves no needles in any direction.

7) Jon Cruz and Danny Limelight vs Proud and Powerful. Love me some Danny Limelight, fun to see him teaming with Serpentico's least favourite wrestler. Wow, this was quick enough that I didn't even get to make notes on it. Which is sort of appropriate as P&P need to be sold as murderers.

Pretty Peter Avalon out to cut a promo. Pretty Peter's Pageant Provocation Promo. Ooh, a walk off vs Lee Johnson?

8) Lee Johnson and Aaron Solow vs Private Party. This could be wild. Johnson and Solow are two more guys who need the second show so they can thrive. Both are very talented, both need something to do. Love what a bully Matt Hardy is, but I want to see this develop. Either I want Quen and Kassidy to properly lean into it and start being the team he wants, or I want them to really buck against him. Either works, either could be fun. The match is pretty good from a ring quality point of view and very good from a story point of view. Private Party won, but looked like they lost. That's good storytelling.

9) Big Swole vs Alex Gracia. Gracia's ring gear continues to be way too busy. Swole has just awesome ring presence. Love her hair today. Gracia has some moves and is getting better, but this is an easy and dominant looking win for Swole.

10) Zack Clayton vs Sonny Kiss. Zack Clayton is about as generic as an enhancement guy can be. Sonny looks amazing tonight. Sonny is finally managing to take an astonishing wealth of gymnastic ability and turn it into a viable fighting style. I think the Janela partnership has helped with this but I really believed Sonny as a fighter here. Really laying in those strikes. The only thing I think we need to lose is the diving leg drop. It just doesn't look like a finisher and I think Sonny could do better.

11) Top Flight vs KC Navarro and AJ Kirsch. Excellent high fliers versus two people who are definitely also there. Kirsch has personality, I'll give him that. And Navarro is super fast. There's some very nice exchanges between him and Daunte. Top Flight have the sort of ring presence it usually takes people a decade to get. Just an amazing team to watch. This was a very good fun match.

12) Ivelisse and Diamante vs Tesha Price and Katalina Perez. I do love Katalina Perez's look. She's like if Jenny Slate was playing a wrestler in a TV show. This is a functional tag match. Perez has some skills, Ivelisse is who Ivelisse has always been, and Diamante is awesome. Tesha is athletic, has a good look, but her offense doesn't seem believable let. I really want her to up the aggression. Perfectly okay match.

13) Fuego Del Sol and The Captain Shawn Dean vs The Acclaimed. This is where we'll see the Tornado DDT right? Decent rap from Caster. This is very good fun from jump. It's quite easy to skip over the fact that Anthony Bowens is really really good. Fuego had some excellent white meat babyface fire until Caster shuts it down. I enjoyed this.

14) Chaos Project vs LUCHA BROS, MEXI-KINGS, CERO MIEDO, MEET US IN THE RING. Thank god Jon Cruz got the hell out of Dodge before Serpentico turned up. God, I love the Lucha Bros so much. They should absolutely be tag champs or in the running for the TNT title or otherwise showered in gold and glory. Some of the Fenix / Serpentico stuff was really inspired. I'm going to say something insane now so bear with me: Luther has got better in the ring. He's moving a bit quicker, he's got more confidence, and the partnership with Serpentico is helping him put on better performances. this was legitimately really enjoyable.

Overall this was a very solid show. Not every match was astonishing, but everything was at minimum watchable and the two hours flew by.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 23 days!
Man, Luchasaurus and Brandon Cutler is good, but, uh...Luchasaurus just dropped Cutler on his loving head with a choke slam. I've never seen a choke slam be taken that way but it was NOT pretty.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Cutler is becoming Ibushi. Book it.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Smashing your opponent with your groin is a very valid finisher than only Sonny can do.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Tesha Price has got to give up on complicated arm drags, she's never pulled one off. Bless her for trying, but do 100 in a row perfectly before putting it in a match. Of all the many things I would expected a year ago, becoming a Peter Avalon mark would not have made even the joke list and yet here I am.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
DarkCast about to start, let us approach the heat death of the universe with this fat card

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

MorningMoon posted:

DarkCast about to start, let us approach the heat death of the universe with this fat card

It's my last time watching Dark in Calgary. Next week, I'll be in Vancouver starting my new life, wow.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

It's Wednesday (very early morning for me at least), you know what that means...

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

LIGHT THE FUSE BRING THE BOOM ITS DARK

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

TORNADO TIME

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Fuego's got this.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
I know why they're called team Taz. It's because Taz is their manager

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

huh it's ironic that Miro's tron features a tornado made of fuego

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Miro looking sweaty

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

I love fuegos offence in this

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Chuck Taylor's Jimmy Cracked Corn Hair

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Chuck Taylor has real George McFly vibes

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Fuego is such a great jobber. He can do enough stuff to be interesting, and then get completely murked

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

I appreciate Dustin holding that Alfred pose

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

was about to say this match wasn't that great but FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK that pump kick ruled

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Poor Fuego, that combo of the kick and the Game Over was just brutal to look at.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

I love fuegos story, Miro looked good, fun match.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Feel bad for all of the people who didn't understand how cool Miro was.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

DAMMIT SING TAZ THAT'S WHY I'M WATCHING YEAY HEAYA DO IT DO IT

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Taz, you better sing! :colbert:
\

HE DID

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Taz just can't resist lol.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

SHAKIRA SHAKIRA

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

:hmmyes:

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Taz is gonna recruit Jungle Boy for Team Taz just because he loves his entrance music.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

did you know Lee Johnson has a t-shirt

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Alaois posted:

did you know Lee Johnson has a t-shirt

What, in his wardrobe?

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Lee Johnson, baby.

:smith:

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Wow, look at that. No one from the Nightmare Family.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Germansimp posted:

Taz is gonna recruit Jungle Boy for Team Taz just because he loves his entrance music.

Team Taz is going to feud with Jungle Boy for the rights to his music.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Mr. Squishy posted:

What, in his wardrobe?

https://www.prowrestlingtees.com/wrestler-t-shirts/bigshottylee/big-shotty.html

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Put Aaron Solow in the Nightmare Family so they can have each other :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Great Taz-esque-kickout :allears: