Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Libluini posted:

Can't you just anchor a structure and then later remove the core? Or is that not possible

You can't remove the core except via unanchoring or explosion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

Hail satan

angry armadillo
Jul 26, 2010

Klyith posted:

Who really cares about the space pope though? We're not gonna do anything about it, I doubt test is gonna do anything about it. Snuff is in the drivers seat here.

Maaaaaaybe NC/Panfam show up? But if they did they wouldn't bring supers, which are all either stuck in M2- or need to stay within a jump of M2- to threaten a breakout. Does NCPL still have a cap & supercap cache in Amamake? That's close. The one motivation I could see for NCPL to save that keepstar is they have generally bought titans from the market rather than have the industry to build their own. But phorde has changed that right?

If the only people who show up are some fleets of disorganized r/eve pubbies, it won't go well for them.

The question behind my question is - will there be wrecks worth ninja salvaging :D

I haven't seen any cap/supercaps from NCPL near Amamake (I am in FW near there) - Snuffed out and Dreadbomb turn up occasionally but we mainly see Dock Workers whoring on the FW fights.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

Welp, there goes my dream of ever owning my own structure ever again.

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

Rojo_Sombrero posted:

While we burn Querious to the ground around Brave and other TEST pets.

I flew through Impass and Catch the other night in late USTZ and Brave space is super, super quiet. A couple of people per system in Impass, if that, and Catch had some cloaky camper INIT dudes until you get closer to Khanid, and there it looks like Simple Farmers are taking systems. The largest number of people I saw in local was 85, in one of Brave's keepstar systems (GE-8JV, I think?)

Regardless, the impression I got was it wouldn't take much to push Brave past the tipping point into full-on failscade.

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

Is there a guide somewhere for how many catalysts it takes to blow up something?

I want to reclaim my AFK orca system because high sec mining is super important and worth getting mad over.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Rudeboy Detective posted:

Is there a guide somewhere for how many catalysts it takes to blow up something?

I want to reclaim my AFK orca system because high sec mining is super important and worth getting mad over.

Just ask your friendly local miniluv representative

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

This could be funny actually.

Ships get ranked by their "Catalyst number". When you get the fleet pin, check to see what the opposing force has as their CN.

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

Figure it out in Pyfa

code:

Concord Response Times

0.5: Roughly 19 seconds
    0.6: Roughly 14 seconds
    0.7 : Roughly 10 seconds
    0.8 : Roughly 7 seconds
    0.9 and 1.0: Roughly 6 seconds

IIRC it takes something like 30+ catalysts to gank an orca with a moderate hull tank, but you can do it with 7 or 8 of them if they fit for max drone mining output

Figure out your DPS w/ a T2 blaster catalyst using void, divide that into the orca EHP against kin/therm, and then figure out how many catalysts you need to do that much damage inside the appropriate time limit depending on the system's security status (I'm assuming you're not going to pull Concord ahead of time)

CODE. doesn't gently caress with anything but shitfit orcas for a reason

Jazzzzz fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Jan 20, 2021

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

I've decided to just smartbomb his 50mil each augmented mining drones. Bless you thread.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Jazzzzz posted:

Regardless, the impression I got was it wouldn't take much to push Brave past the tipping point into full-on failscade.

We are fighting Brave in Querious right now and there is very little organized resistance from them (with the exception of a handful of determined individuals), their remaining stuff is mostly protected by other papi alliances.

I also literally saw some of them say things like 'I don't like to fight' in local, which makes me wonder why they decided to participate in the bloodiest conflict in EVE history

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

I've decided to just smartbomb his 50mil each augmented mining drones. Bless you thread.

Good man.

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

:swoon:

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

High security mining space is free and virtuous once more.

I haven't done miniluv work since pretty much when it was founded, but my appetites are teased now. My senses: excited.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Is Hulkageddon still a thing? Going on ganking fleets into high sec was always fun. This was back when Thrashers were the best option for ganking destroyers though.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Floppychop posted:

Is Hulkageddon still a thing? Going on ganking fleets into high sec was always fun. This was back when Thrashers were the best option for ganking destroyers though.

ganking is a small fraction of what it once was, but there are still dudes trying to keep the dream alive

bumping is removed, james 315 is dead, freighters have 3x the ehp as they did 8 years ago, barges are tankier and more profitable, and anti-gankers can subscribe 20+ accounts with little to no risk because of skill extraction.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

bumping is removed

it is? ive been bumping orcas off their augmented mining drones in an overpropped omen and stealing them. what changed to make it impossible for machs to do it on gates?

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

it is? ive been bumping orcas off their augmented mining drones in an overpropped omen and stealing them. what changed to make it impossible for machs to do it on gates?

you can't infinitybump an aligning freighter anymore and they warp off after x amount of seconds regardless of their alignment iirc

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The human gallbladder is indeed a puzzle!
I have a technical question. I'm trying to install Eve client but (Steam and normal client download) when I click on the Eve icon it just doesn't load up the client and does nothing. I use a somewhat old laptop (4-5 years old) with Win 8. Tried to find a solution on the internet but nothing worked so far. Anything I'm missing besides throwing the laptop into the trash and buying a proper computer?

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

can you use a command destroyer in hisec to jump them away?

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

L0cke17 posted:

can you use a command destroyer in hisec to jump them away?

No boosh in highsec.

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015

Bump him off and steal the drones instead. Profit at the same time as you are griefing :eng101:

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Xarn posted:

Bump him off and steal the drones instead. Profit at the same time as you are griefing :eng101:

Back when rorqual were the king of the belt and the drones were worth 1.5b each, there was a few dudes who'd boosh rorqual drones and then just take off with them. It was great, even when it happened to 2 of my drones.

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

It's odd you brought this up today, because the system I mine in that usually has 4 or 5 people max has 15 loving people in it today, including a guy multiboxing 8 hulks, an orca, and a loving freighter that's coming in to pick up ore

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Jazzzzz posted:

It's odd you brought this up today, because the system I mine in that usually has 4 or 5 people max has 15 loving people in it today, including a guy multiboxing 8 hulks, an orca, and a loving freighter that's coming in to pick up ore

That guy fucks

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

Jazzzzz posted:

Mine isn't quite that bad, but the dude who I helped with his expensive drone infestation was boxing an orca and multiple barges to hoover up the belt I had been in for a few hours.

Oh, just doing a flyby with a neutral alt to make a show out of ship/cargo scanning a few barges sends most pubs flying.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

lol did hostiles really pass again (on d-w ihub)

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

Mine isn't quite that bad, but the dude who I helped with his expensive drone infestation was boxing an orca and multiple barges to hoover up the belt I had been in for a few hours.

I feel dirty just talking about this crap

captainclaw
Sep 16, 2020

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

hostiles only seem to flash form these days. If this is the fun and engaging combat style Vily and Piggles envisioned for Papi post M2-, I can't see them not burning out any time soon. There is nothing worse than always being on standby for rage pings in offensive actions imo
We need to be on standby to defend. Burnout isn't an option, as we've no where else to go

-- edited grammer

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

Jazzzzz posted:

I feel dirty just talking about this crap

How far we have fallen.

This was never a place of honor, but now it is a place without shame. :negative:

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

you can't infinitybump an aligning freighter anymore and they warp off after x amount of seconds regardless of their alignment iirc

oh

that;s dumb

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

outformed us by 150-ish subcaps then stood down, you hate to see it

The Aardvark
Aug 19, 2013

"Good practice guys, next time!"

Orlando Furioso
Nov 7, 2012

Jazzzzz posted:

I feel like we might be in the same system haha as this is what I've noticed in my mining location - suddenly 20+ multiboxing Korean characters out of nowhere running that set up in two groups. All appear to be relatively fresh pilots.

I did enjoy seeing them all panic and dock up and start swapping corps because they got war decced by another Korean corp who reinforced their Athanor

The lure of Veld is real

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
veld wars are real?

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

I made a run at his second set of augmented miners and only got one :smith:

He was in the same belt as one of my orcas at the time and was very friendly to me in local. It's me, I'm the rear end in a top hat.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

He was in the same belt as one of my orcas at the time and was very friendly to me in local. It's me, I'm the rear end in a top hat.

Serves him right for engaging with degenerates :smuggo:

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

Please tell me more about Grand Theft Mining Drone.

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

I DID A BIG CACA IN MY DRUG STORE DIAPER

that guy being super polite in local is a vily alt. his ore will build missiles hurled at fellow goons at supersonic velocity.

feel better?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

This is now the hisec mining thread!

Today I solo'd a Guristas Forward Operating Base in a loving Gila, because I failed to trick the local population into killing it. Gave it a few days, but was tired of jumping gates with my orcas every morning like some kind of peasant.

It took... way too many hours, especially of planning and testing, would not recommend.