Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

aegof posted:

Jag took his chance to talk to say a bunch of vague bullshit. Then immediately killed a whole bunch of people and said he was doing them a favor. He's not really looking to be heard out.

Yeah this is pretty crucial, she told him he was making no sense and then he punctuated his next line with some light megadeath of civilians.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

aegof posted:

Jag took his chance to talk to say a bunch of vague bullshit. Then immediately killed a whole bunch of people and said he was doing them a favor. He's not really looking to be heard out.

You're forgetting that he killed a bunch of people when he entered via nuking the stadium. So it's killed a bunch of people, say a bunch of bullshit, killed another bunch of people and said he was doing them a favor.

Don't Ask
Nov 28, 2002

V. Illych L. posted:

excellent tanking from salami dave there, it must be said

Yeah, but I'm wondering how much is left of him.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

https://twitter.com/Orbitaldropkick/status/1350966467538391047?s=19

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009
But where did the original champion appear? I thought the winner appeared in comic?

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Vaporized, unfortunately.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

SniperWoreConverse posted:

Vaporized, unfortunately.

Awww, that's kinda lame that they were instantly vaporized like that with zero fanfare.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
I don't actually know except everyone in the comic is dead now lol

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

There Bias Two posted:

Awww, that's kinda lame that they were instantly vaporized like that with zero fanfare.

That is, to be fair, what pretty much every victor in the Ring of Power has received through the years.

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

Don't Ask posted:

Yeah, but I'm wondering how much is left of him.

Perhaps he is in the process of removing his rings and is about to capitalize on the moment afforded to him in as dramatic and powerful a manner as possible!

...please let me believe.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

There Bias Two posted:

Hussie did it better

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

shirts and skins posted:

I want that last panel on the side of a van
lmfao that is the perfect sentiment for explaining this moment in the comic :xd:

I also agree with whoever said Jaggs will be excited to really kick things off, except in my mind he's like "FINALLY someone else does something badass!"

Incubus ran on a sword but never got to land a hit so that was blueballed. Jadis blocked the arrows, which was pretty cool I guess but Jaggs would consider it a waste since she didn't attack him. Solomon charging headfirst into Jaggs might be badass by the standards of most readers, but Jaggs probably thinks it is incredibly stupid.

But Grandma Wizardess riding on Grandpa Dragon to land an open, undefended shot on Jaggy? BADASS

This thread has good ideas, because Jaggs dying early is an entertaining thought, and so is the idea that Mammon breathes molten gold. If Jaggy dies from that, we could say he was felled by.... a money shot :grin:

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Who What Now posted:

Hussie did it better
You take that back

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

oooh

https://twitter.com/Orbitaldropkick/status/1351624042583887874/photo/1

on the discord is also a full drat strategic map and set of rules for teams capturing territory, etc. poo poo's gonna be wild

eke out fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Jan 19, 2021

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

eke out posted:

oooh

on the discord is also a full drat strategic map and set of rules for teams capturing territory, etc. poo poo's gonna be wild

This is apparently upcoming canon for the story.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
drat this is crazy as gently caress

M. Propagandalf
Aug 9, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Pyre vs Bastion?

Methinks Abbadon favours Supergiant games.

sliami
Apr 28, 2018

What are the rules for character creation

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I still want to see someone make a giant floating Joe Rogan head that shoots DMT/acid beams that trip up foes while he gorilla pounds them :colbert:

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

sliami posted:

What are the rules for character creation

Join the Discord, there's a "rules of war" channel at the top.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

seems like there's basically no rules about what characters can be, except that they have to pick a side

last one definitely had a massive variety

eke out fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Jan 19, 2021

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

eke out posted:

oooh

The leader of Jag's army is a gigantic sentient sword

gently caress, I wonder if that sword comic person follows K6BD

e: swords comic person has a very on brand name for their swords comic. https://swordscomic.com

Phy fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Jan 20, 2021

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

Phy posted:

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

What a weird foe to ruin Bowser's day.

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

It was Plundersaurus Rex's dream to be the greatest pirate dragon ever.

And his house!

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

Phy posted:

I'm now thinking about what a dick move it is to give a sword the ability to think and feel pain, especially considering what Solomon did to one of them.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Dammerung posted:

I'm now thinking about what a dick move it is to give a sword the ability to think and feel pain, especially considering what Solomon did to one of them.

It's like the Culture's happy cruise missiles. Job satisfaction is important.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

It’s also important that your weapons themselves be moral agents lest they be misused.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
is the joke that Jaggs is also a living weapon and thus the sword is the closest thing he has to someone to relate to

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

pseudorandom name posted:

It’s also important that your weapons themselves be moral agents lest they be misused.
To Jaggs, that would just be hundreds of screams of "This person is only gravely injured and not even by me! What the gently caress, dude?"

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

pseudorandom name posted:

Broke: that fingerprint/DNA locking nonsense that guns have in MGS2

Woke: the guns come pre programmed with politics the generals agree with

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

someone enter a Knife Missile in the upcoming tournament

the only bummer is that they tend to have names like normal people and not fun Culture Mind names

Innocent_Bystander
May 17, 2012

Wait, missile production is my responsibility?

Oh.

eke out posted:

someone enter a Knife Missile in the upcoming tournament

the only bummer is that they tend to have names like normal people and not fun Culture Mind names

There is absolutely no reason you can't name a sentient knife with superpowers something like A Frank Exchange of Views. The setting itself has plenty of pithy phrases to work from.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

Innocent_Bystander posted:

There is absolutely no reason you can't name a sentient knife with superpowers something like A Frank Exchange of Views. The setting itself has plenty of pithy phrases to work from.

A sentient flying chopstick - "In Search of Noodles".

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Should Have Become a Farmer

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

I Blame Aesma

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

eke out posted:

I Blame Aesma

I Also Blame Aesma

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

Technically a One Point Strike

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

eke out posted:

oooh

https://twitter.com/flatluigi/status/1351628686487941126

glad someone else was thinking it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
it's a bit of a stretch imo