Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
USAA is the best insurance out there, bar none. Holy poo poo, they are so good. So so good. Every interaction I had with them was just A++

And I worked for a competitor for 9 years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

The Big Jesus posted:

I tried to do it online and they said I had to call the place. I did, they said the main guy would call me back. He did, and after listening to his lovely sales pitch I re-stated my desire to cancel. He said he'd do it (didn't ask me to send anything). Idk seemed pretty straightforward at the time.

Then when I mentioned this to them they say they are the most meticulous note takers ever and they had no notes in their system at all for anything that day. I send them my new policy showing when it started, my phone log of me calling them ten minutes later and taking for six minutes. Also the phone log of them calling me back and talking to me for five minutes. Pretty hard to deny that.

lol yeah that's bullshit then. Sending proof of replacement coverage is enough to warrant cancellation.

Spoeank posted:

USAA is the best insurance out there, bar none. Holy poo poo, they are so good. So so good. Every interaction I had with them was just A++

And I worked for a competitor for 9 years.

Ha I legit forgot you worked claims for a minute there :v:

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

C-Euro posted:

Got drat close to my first Hades clear earlier today.

This game is pretty rad.

I cleared it, cleared it again on my next try, and now I'm having trouble getting past the first boss with my free deaths intact.

Er, so either don't give up because you'll have good runs or give up now because you will always suck, I'm not sure what I'm saying here.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Ugh, our mask mandate ended on Tuesday, had to run to the store today and like 30% of people wearing masks. People literally can't be trusted to make the right decision.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
https://twitter.com/joe_exotic/status/1351961406355222530

Joe ain't happy

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
How do you tweet from prison

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Silly Burrito posted:

How do you tweet from prison

buttphone

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Presumably he communicates with someone on the outside who runs the account

I guess if someone was going to pardon him based only on fame despite his being unrepentant about his murder for hire scheme, Trump was going to be his only shot

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
I don't care about Joe Exotic one way or another but reading all these posts of "I guess Trump was only in it for himself" regarding pardons and 1/6 is just a pure shot of schadenfreude.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Silly Burrito posted:

I don't care about Joe Exotic one way or another but reading all these posts of "I guess Trump was only in it for himself" regarding pardons and 1/6 is just a pure shot of schadenfreude.

Why the crocodile guy then, because his brother knew him?

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Wouldn't he have a checkmark?

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Joe Exotic isn't even the worst celebrity prisoner to have an active social media account:

https://twitter.com/BillCosby/status/1351489739791196160?s=19

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

seiferguy posted:

Joe Exotic isn't even the worst celebrity prisoner to have an active social media account:

So whoever runs that is just taking money from whatever dumbass company thinks a Cosby endorsement would be a good thing, right?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

laughing so hard at this

https://twitter.com/MattNegrin/status/1351998283112177675

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
A friend of mine needs a really rare and really difficult heart surgery. Its so specialized that there are literally only 5 or 6 guys in the country that do them. It involves removing his heart, putting him on bypass, ECMO (basically like a lung bypass), repairing an aneurysm in the aorta, then reconstructing or replacing a valve, and then putting everything back together. He was already super nervous about it and then finds out today his surgeon, who is in his late 60's and was vaccinated (but we don't know when exactly) has COVID. He has to have a whole bunch of scans and tests so that will still go on but man I hope that surgeon just has as mild a case as possible.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Holy poo poo

Best of luck to your friend, swickles

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

My grandfather was a reporter, then an editor, then taught Journalism at the University of Houston and in my early 20's he kept wanting me to be go into journalism. I was waiting tables at the time and Forbes published a list of 200 jobs and what the general job satisfaction. Waiter was 199, wanna guess 200?

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

swickles posted:

A friend of mine needs a really rare and really difficult heart surgery. Its so specialized that there are literally only 5 or 6 guys in the country that do them. It involves removing his heart, putting him on bypass, ECMO (basically like a lung bypass), repairing an aneurysm in the aorta, then reconstructing or replacing a valve, and then putting everything back together. He was already super nervous about it and then finds out today his surgeon, who is in his late 60's and was vaccinated (but we don't know when exactly) has COVID. He has to have a whole bunch of scans and tests so that will still go on but man I hope that surgeon just has as mild a case as possible.

Chirst. Sorry about your friend, Swickles.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

swickles posted:

Doesn’t Covid input your cognitive abilities?

Also; when do we get our Biden bucks!!!

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
Modern medicine is freaking nuts

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

swickles posted:

Dude whaaaaaaaat

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
That's an insane story swickles but I'm still caught up on ripping apart his insides then gluing them back together as a procedure that loving works

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Forget the Leopards Eating People's Faces party, I'm signing up for the Tigers Eating People's Faces party.

seiferguy posted:

He isn't entirely wrong though.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

swickles posted:

I hope your friend pulls through

I do picture this is how that surgery is performed

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Spoeank posted:

That's an insane story swickles but I'm still caught up on ripping apart his insides then gluing them back together as a procedure that loving works

I mean, they cut 5 holes in my chest in September and took most of my stomach out and it was just no big thing. Body poo poo's wild man.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Spoeank posted:

Its actually quite similar to surgery that is more commonly done on newborns, to fix something called the Tetralogy of Fallot which is when a bunch of holes are in the heart and the blood flow mixes oxygenated and deoxygenated blood together. But basically, the heart is in the way of a lot of where the surgery needs to be done, also its really hard to do surgery on a beating heart, which is why when doing almost anything on the heart you go on bypass (usually the heart is kept in the chest though). This procedure is also done when removing tumors in the heart (which are pretty rare as well). Also, they aren't plunking the heart down on a another table (although that has been done before). The scariest part actually comes at the very end, and is the most heartbreaking part of the Tetralogy of Fallot repairs. Some of the coronary arteries come off of the aorta, and you basically have to pray that all the manipulation you have done makes it so they can re-attach them, that they are physically long enough to reach what they need to.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
https://twitter.com/CardinalBCupich/status/1352020541285216257
:lol: The Catholic Church is definitely going to schism in 10 years where the US becomes the "Protestants that like to have fun" Catholic Church

Also no wonder Cesar Chavez is well liked by liberals :lol:
https://twitter.com/Itmechr3/status/1352024004912152579

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

swickles posted:

Its actually quite similar to surgery that is more commonly done on newborns, to fix something called the Tetralogy of Fallot which is when a bunch of holes are in the heart and the blood flow mixes oxygenated and deoxygenated blood together. But basically, the heart is in the way of a lot of where the surgery needs to be done, also its really hard to do surgery on a beating heart, which is why when doing almost anything on the heart you go on bypass (usually the heart is kept in the chest though). This procedure is also done when removing tumors in the heart (which are pretty rare as well). Also, they aren't plunking the heart down on a another table (although that has been done before). The scariest part actually comes at the very end, and is the most heartbreaking part of the Tetralogy of Fallot repairs. Some of the coronary arteries come off of the aorta, and you basically have to pray that all the manipulation you have done makes it so they can re-attach them, that they are physically long enough to reach what they need to.

This might be a dumb question, but how do you reattach blood vessels? Sutures?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Man it's amazing what science can do these days but holy crap. Good thoughts for your friend, Swickles.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

swickles posted:

You know how they handled this for like 99.999%+ of human history? Funeral rites. Modern medicine is loving incredible

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

D-LINK posted:

This might be a dumb question, but how do you reattach blood vessels? Sutures?

yup! Almost everything is attached/reattached with sutures. For bowel we have a fancy stapler system that works well and is superior to sutures in many ways. You clamp both parts of the vessel (or create a temp bypass/shunt) stitch it all together nicely, then you unclamp and/or remove the bypass and make sure there isn't a leak, then finish and close.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Spoeank posted:

You know how they handled this for like 99.999%+ of human history? Funeral rites. Modern medicine is loving incredible

It really is, and it's amazing where so many medications and techniques are derived from.

Warfarin / coumadin, for example, is one of the frontline medications used when someone presents with blood clots and needs anticoagulation. (Thankfully, I'm part of the small subset of the population that's resistant to warfarin ... the vitamin K restrictions sucked.) Anyway, it was originally developed as a rat poison. Some people at the Wisconsin Alumni Research Foundation--WARF, hence "warfarin"--found that it has strong anticoagulant properties, and so it's been one of the first treatments in clotting scenarios for like 60 years.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

swickles posted:

yup! Almost everything is attached/reattached with sutures. For bowel we have a fancy stapler system that works well and is superior to sutures in many ways. You clamp both parts of the vessel (or create a temp bypass/shunt) stitch it all together nicely, then you unclamp and/or remove the bypass and make sure there isn't a leak, then finish and close.

Much respect for fine motor skills and people who work with their hands

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Thaddius the Large posted:

This is the dumbest thing to care about and yet I’m laughing so hard at it

https://twitter.com/alex_abads/status/1351976932405960704?s=20
That's how I wrote my cursive M's in the 3rd grade

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

It honestly looks like he tried to recreate the Madison from Happy Madison when he was younger and it just kind of stuck

Or it's just very generic cursive

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Maybe I missed it a few pages back but Lofi Bernie is the poo poo, and I ain't really about that bernie life.

https://twitter.com/good/status/1352017084897611779?s=20

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Nick Jr. Face posted:

That's how I wrote my cursive M's in the 3rd grade

I'm trying to remember when I switched my signature from lovely cursive to my first initial with scribbles then my last names initial with a bunch of scribbles followed by dots where I think the I's are. Pretty sure I did it before 25.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Skwirl posted:

I'm trying to remember when I switched my signature from lovely cursive to my first initial with scribbles then my last names initial with a bunch of scribbles followed by dots where I think the I's are. Pretty sure I did it before 25.

It's the way to go. Slightly stylized first and last initial, scribbles inbetween. gently caress cursive.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Skwirl posted:

For me it was right around the time I started having to use my signature a lot so early 20s. I needed something that I could just scribble out in seconds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
swickles I hope your friend gets the treatment they need, that sounds hosed up.

achillesforever6 posted:

https://twitter.com/CardinalBCupich/status/1352020541285216257
:lol: The Catholic Church is definitely going to schism in 10 years where the US becomes the "Protestants that like to have fun" Catholic Church

Enacting a second Protestant Reformation, to own the libs