Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cheeseboy58
Dec 14, 2020

what the gently caress?? lmao

e: :69snypa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
that's a yikes

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

lmao why do all major mods default to grimdark edgelord poo poo like this

Iamgoofball
Jul 1, 2015

lol jesus christ

i was wrong about the devs being nazis, they're just really whatever the gently caress that is i dont even know

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Hot Diggity! posted:

lmao why do all major mods default to grimdark edgelord poo poo like this

this is a little apart from grimdark edgelord imo

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
Having the option to either enslave her or say "never mind" is pretty bad role playing. I know it's a free mod and all, but still

rope kid
Feb 3, 2001

Warte nur! Balde
Ruhest du auch.

[Speech 50] It was just a prank.

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

still havent played it but every bit of dialogue ive seen is hilariously off. you talk like an internet forum guy

Ironslave
Aug 8, 2006

Corpse runner

Iamgoofball posted:

lol jesus christ

i was wrong about the devs being nazis, they're just really whatever the gently caress that is i dont even know

It's misogyny. The mod has a lot of it, most of it "subtle."

Iamgoofball
Jul 1, 2015

Ironslave posted:

It's misogyny. The mod has a lot of it, most of it "subtle."

this mod fuckin sucks lmao

Ironslave
Aug 8, 2006

Corpse runner

Iamgoofball posted:

this mod fuckin sucks lmao

It's technically impressive, and it manages the whole "wander around a wasteland and pick through things" better than Fallout 3 I've felt. It displays an understanding of factional ambiguity and an understanding to not throw it in the player's face but instead to allow their own perspectives to influence how they respond to things (from what I've witnessed so far, anyway). It's just also filled with misogynist poo poo like that and in the general design. It's really frustrating, because it does enough well that you could see it being enjoyable as kind of like an... unedited (in a bad sense) Fallout game, but having this trash just saps the ability to enjoy it because it's disgusting.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

luv too embed my terrible rape fantasy fanfic in my giant rear end mod
e: like, no poo poo there's rape referenced in New Vegas but I don't think anyone ever complained of the lack of player option to roleplay the rapist

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
I can understand how you'd get the idea that misogyny is an important part of the Fallout flavor if your first exposure to the series was Fallout 2 to be fair, but I feel like this goes way beyond that.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Flesh Forge posted:

luv too embed my terrible rape fantasy fanfic in my giant rear end mod
e: like, no poo poo there's rape referenced in New Vegas but I don't think anyone ever complained of the lack of player option to roleplay the rapist

Honestly I love New Vegas but every piece of dialogue and text relating to cook-cook could be deleted from the game and it would be a massive improvement.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I mentioned Interesting NPCs upthread. Does anyone know if they're still developing it for New Vegas or did they finish?

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Lurdiak posted:

Honestly I love New Vegas but every piece of dialogue and text relating to cook-cook could be deleted from the game and it would be a massive improvement.

but what if there was a mod that let you roleplay cook cook and the story between him and Betsy got a special slide at the end

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I just realized that Cook Cook might have named his Brahmin after Corporal Betsy. Which is weird.

RATS!
Dec 23, 2008

whatd ppl go crazy on this time the tweet's gone

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

runod posted:

Frontier mod writer putting his dom/sub fetish into player/companion conversations and being cringe about it.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

runod posted:

they wrote some character that's like PLEASE LOVE ME, I'LL BE YOUR SLAVE *puts on slave collar* with embarrassing endgame recap lol. A+ modder poo poo, i love it

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Arcsquad12 posted:

I just realized that Cook Cook might have named his Brahmin after Corporal Betsy. Which is weird.

Queenie, Betsy, yeah I guess that tracks :gonk:

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Farm Frenzy posted:

still havent played it but every bit of dialogue ive seen is hilariously off. you talk like an internet forum guy

disco elysium with aids

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Flesh Forge posted:

Queenie, Betsy, yeah I guess that tracks :gonk:

I think they had their wires crossed with Betsy the Brahmin from Fallout 2.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Enough with mods trying to do epic characters and emotional rollercoasters. I find the strength of New Vegas characters is how mundane most of then are. Give me a mod about a Followers doctor collecting soil samples to determine good spots for farming. Give me a wannabe King initiate tracking down elvis holotapes to get the King's attention. Give me a prewar preacher-turned ghoul who has gotten a little creative with his religious dogma over the centuries. Give me a caravan guard who's tired of the constant walking and wants to settle down.

I dont need a desperately insecure waifu who was written one-handed.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

the first tweet was deleted and I wasn't sure it was legit but someone else posted about it too:
https://twitter.com/KungFuMan316/status/1351666121263489030

Iamgoofball
Jul 1, 2015

Flesh Forge posted:

the first tweet was deleted and I wasn't sure it was legit but someone else posted about it too:
https://twitter.com/KungFuMan316/status/1351666121263489030

It's real, I checked the esm with LazyVoiceFinder for the dialogue.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

oh jay posted:

I think they had their wires crossed with Betsy the Brahmin from Fallout 2.

Crap, you're right. I got it mixed up because the New Vegas Uncut mod that gives you a pack brahmin is called "If it Wasn't for Betsy."

Too many two headed battle cattle.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
oh god hahahaha what the gently caress is Frontier

https://twitter.com/TKsMantis/status/1351300776405024768

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Hot Diggity! posted:

oh god hahahaha what the gently caress is Frontier

https://twitter.com/TKsMantis/status/1351300776405024768

This is sick. Required if you wanna play frontier

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Look the modders are just embracing the new vegas spirit of "kill everything you come across and it won't break the game."

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
its like you're lewis and clarke, except the frontier being referenced is the outer limits of nexus modders imaginations. naturally, sacagawea is a snake woman

RATS!
Dec 23, 2008

Arcsquad12 posted:

Frontier mod writer putting his dom/sub fetish into player/companion conversations and being cringe about it.

Homeless Friend posted:

they wrote some character that's like PLEASE LOVE ME, I'LL BE YOUR SLAVE *puts on slave collar* with embarrassing endgame recap lol. A+ modder poo poo, i love it

oh no lmao

e: *reading rest of thread* oh no

RATS! fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Jan 21, 2021

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Isn't that girl like eighteen too? and like, very recently turned eighteen? ugh

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
so i guess they werent nazis just loving losers? and i broke my game for that? lmao

RATS!
Dec 23, 2008

Zeta Acosta posted:

so i guess they werent nazis just loving losers? and i broke my game for that? lmao

lmao dude ive done so many engine hacks to get this fuckin stupid thing working :-/

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Zeta Acosta posted:

so i guess they werent nazis just loving losers?

They’re Fallout modders, OP

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

DaysBefore posted:

when the bombs fell, so too did age of consent laws

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Homeless Friend posted:

when the bombs fell, so too did age of consent laws

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

DaysBefore posted:

They made sure to put a letter in her inventory so you know she's legal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

Swastika - Helvetica - Ikea
Last night I dreamt of Adolf searching for Anne.
I lay on my back
standing alone in the corner watching the girls dance.

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.

no wonder house was so prepared to guarantee he'd survive the nuclear apocalypse