Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

He's also recently launched a pretty high-profile ad campaign dedicated to lifting the stigma of mental illness and addiction issues.

I guess if Deshaun just really can't stand being around addicts in recovery on any kind of professional level then yeah, he should stay away. But he doesn't seem to be having too much more luck with the clean-cut evangelical types, so who knows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
I know it's all joking around but why are the Texans trading Deshaun to an in division team that just made the playoffs with a much worse QB so isn't likely to have a high pick any time soon when presumably they can get a top 5 pick plus more firsts instead

BOB isn't in charge anymore

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
But Easterby was a big pusher behind trading Hopkins and if anything he has much more power now that McNair backed him in the GM thing, so I wouldn't take "Texans make exceedingly dumb and lopsided trade" off the table

Hopefully if nothing else getting a GM from the Patriots means he at least understands the importance of QBs

e: I need a new avatar obviously and Watson would be the obvious choice but now I have to kinda sit on it, sadly

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

In reality, the Texans wouldn't trade Watson to the Colts even if they had the best offer, but ~it's fun to dream~

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Easterby’s phone rings one morning. He answers, “Hello?”

“Jack, it’s God. You must trade Watson to the Colts for a 2nd round pick.”

“Of course, my lord!”

And that’s all it takes.

spaced ninja
Apr 10, 2009

Toilet Rascal

fartknocker posted:

Easterby’s phone rings one morning. He answers, “Hello?”

“Jack, it’s God. You must trade Watson to the Colts for a 2nd round pick.”

“Of course, my lord!”

And that’s all it takes.

It would be a 3rd rounder. It’s always a 3rd rounder.

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Big Q's House of Pancakes

Fun Shoe
another thing on Irsay, he isn't stingy. McAfee told the story about how he got hurt at the end of the year, and they asked him to go to the Pro Bowl. He needed surgery, so he declined. His contract actually said he got a bonus if he PLAYED in a Pro Bowl. Irsay paid him anyway. He let Andrew Luck keep his signing bonus. Things like that do matter.

It sucks that even if the Colts had the best offer they couldn't get Watson. We can dream though, right?

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

EvilBeard posted:

The cost of living in Indianapolis is low, Deshaun!

Have you checked housing prices lately?

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000

EvilBeard posted:

The cost of living in Indianapolis is low, Deshaun!

Not the cost on your soul and sanity.

#Naptown

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

lol the Texans are interviewing Josh McCown for the HC position

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe

Elephanthead posted:

Have you checked housing prices lately?

Have you looked at housing prices elsewhere?

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

EvilBeard posted:

Have you looked at housing prices elsewhere?

Only HiLo Hawaii

Wine
Jun 29, 2014
The Colts should go get Stafford, they have a pretty good team, don't worry about 5 years from now. The Eason hype is at all world levels here in Indy, I need something to quell that.

Intruder posted:

lol the Texans are interviewing Josh McCown for the HC position

I saw a report that it doesn't matter who the Texans hire now, Watson is out, the Texans are going to hire McCown for sure now.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
For quarterback or coach?

Wine
Jun 29, 2014

Mega64 posted:

For quarterback or coach?

Why not both?

They already let Bill O'Brien be Coach and GM, might as well have a Coach and QB.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Stafford would be great for indy, it's still wild that he's only 32, feels like he should be older. I don't know how many teams will be upping the cost, it may get too costly for the Colts. Hopefully Watson being on the market will distract Denver and we can swoop in and get Stafford.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
That bad back would worry me tbh

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe

Metapod posted:

The Colts have a great sack rate. Now without AC at tackle, they're going to have to shore that up, but I think QB health isn't that big of a concern because the QB shouldn't take much of a beating.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000

Metapod posted:

Yeah but rolling the dice on that I think gets you a better QB than any of the other available options (Unless they are going to back the Brinks up for Dak, but that's not their MO).

I dont think this a team you try and build a new QB up with. Find someone proven, go with it.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

EvilBeard posted:

The Colts have a great sack rate. Now without AC at tackle, they're going to have to shore that up, but I think QB health isn't that big of a concern because the QB shouldn't take much of a beating.

Romo died with a much better line because of his bad back

Athanatos posted:

Yeah but rolling the dice on that I think gets you a better QB than any of the other available options (Unless they are going to back the Brinks up for Dak, but that's not their MO).

I dont think this a team you try and build a new QB up with. Find someone proven, go with it.

That's fair probably worth the gamble

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Stafford is only a year older than Andrew Luck, which blows my mind.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
I could see Stafford going to the Colts.

Speaking of good QB's wasting their lives on poo poo teams: God drat, I was looking at Watson's stats this year and that poor loving guy. He just wrecked poo poo this year and went 4-12.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Part of that was that we had no running game, so we relied on his arm a whole hell of a lot.

wooger
Apr 16, 2005

YOU RESENT?

Edward Mass posted:

Part of that was that we had no running game, so we relied on his arm a whole hell of a lot.

As with Stafford, being on a terrible team doesn’t hurt total yards at all.

Garbage time starts in the 2nd quarter.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I'm 75/25 that Watson goes at this point, and it's so tremendously frustrating.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
"gee I wish the Texans could ever be a team that was worth national attention"

*monkey paw curls*

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

https://twitter.com/AaronWilson_NFL/status/1354613326337224707

Guess it's not gonna be Bieniemy

e: Culley hasn't even been a coordinator since 1990 lol

Intruder fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Jan 28, 2021

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Culley apparently was the guy who was on the Chiefs the year they had 0 TDs to WRs. And of course on the Ravens this year. I'm surprised the Texans hired him. But it could be a Dean Pees situation where he leaves and does better. Who knows. Anyway glad the Harbaugh boys network lock situation has been fixed for now. Thanks Texans.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Schefter-official now

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1354623018379718656

Seems like he's the who's who of who?

Pretty funny the Texans pass on the guy who runs the best passing offense in the league for the guy who runs the worst

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

lol Texans

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Good job hiring a career wide receivers coach as your HC Texans, you broke bitches

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
A sixty-five year old coach? Wow.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

The Texans are dumb as hell, this isn't new information

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1354619585958391810

Yep, Easterby

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

JT Jag posted:

Good job hiring a career wide receivers coach as your HC Texans, you broke bitches

not only that

the ravens wr guy

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I love the Texans

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe
The Texans are always a source of joy for me.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Well maybe he'll hire some good assistants at lea-

https://twitter.com/AroundTheNFL/status/1354633736877268997

Oh

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
I don't believe the Texans were this stupid before, BOB wasn't an insane hire, they weren't alienating people left and right, just... they part with Hopkins and go full stupid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Texans:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctr9ZfeyvXg