Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Katt posted:

It's feeling weird how regular Americans are now getting vaccinated at their local pharmacy basically while in Sweden we're still struggling to get the second dose to the 80+ crowd and critical healthcare workers.
You seem to be implying that the Americans are doing well on this front?? Regular Americans* getting vaccinated at their local pharmacy is a result of profound failure, not success: The federal and state governments have offloaded responsibility unto private entities, with contradictory demands and terrible coordination resulting in only about 300k vaccinations a day. The reason regular Americans are getting vaccinated is because pharmacies are choosing to vaccinate people just coming in from the street rather than throw vaccines out. Like, going to their local pharmacy at the end of the day and asking if they've got leftover vaccine is the way some actual American goons have gotten vaccinated.

*I assume you mean non-vulnerable people or frontline workers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

teen witch posted:

Finland has 618 deaths
Norway 517
Denmark 1720

We have over 10k. At this point, it’s a miracle we haven’t been injecting the elderly with glittery saline.
Basically. But hey shops are open.

Zombiepop
Mar 30, 2010

teen witch posted:

Finland has 618 deaths
Norway 517
Denmark 1720

We have over 10k. At this point, it’s a miracle we haven’t been injecting the elderly with glittery saline.

Oh no thats just all the other countries either lying or not counting correctly. Dont you dare question the swedish supremacy of things. We are ALWAYS right, ALWAYS!

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

I'll have you know that if you check the figures then the over all death rate in Sweden is actually down for 2020. So when you think about it. Sweden is actually doing better than anyone. Even before the pandemic.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Katt posted:

I'll have you know that if you check the figures then the over all death rate in Sweden is actually down for 2020. So when you think about it. Sweden is actually doing better than anyone. Even before the pandemic.

Yeah, not so much, graph of excess deaths by week in 2020

Z scores: https://www.euromomo.eu/how-it-works/what-is-a-z-score/

Rust Martialis fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Jan 16, 2021

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
My posting is like I Love Lucy without the funny bits. Basically, WAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Computer viking posted:

Oh, and the other couple she wrote threats to were the lovely Tybring-Gjedde family, from the most racist wing of the already especially racist Oslo group of FrP. Great people all around, and it's a shame it seems like they were genuinely just the victims here.

Yeah, please explain how these politicians qualify for the racist label, or are you just throwing it around because its cool?

Dante
Feb 8, 2003

GyverMac posted:

Yeah, please explain how these politicians qualify for the racist label, or are you just throwing it around because its cool?
https://www.aftenposten.no/meninger/kronikk/i/kaxkv/droem-fra-disneyland

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

GyverMac posted:

det er klart innvandrergutter er hissigere enn andre, det ligger i kulturen

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

6th frame kind of tanks it but otherwise a wholesome fin Xoomer meme.

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
My posting is like I Love Lucy without the funny bits. Basically, WAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Katt posted:

As a winter war nerd, I approve of this.

Thanks for providing a link with proof! :hfive: I half expected to get chewed out for asking, but nice to see that was not the case.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Katt posted:

Helsinki is a joke, checks out.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

:psyduck:

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Straight up nazi poo poo, love to see it :bravo:

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Okay Mr has-the-same-name-as-a-Nazi-plane. Seriously, your arguments are that he's using the colour green and also that he did everything your kind tells immigrants to do?

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

BonHair posted:

Okay Mr has-the-same-name-as-a-Nazi-plane. Seriously, your arguments are that he's using the colour green and also that he did everything your kind tells immigrants to do?

I think mostly the argument is that he is brown, but Messerschmidt likes to be wordy about it.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

isn't this guy a fairly prominent DF representative? denmark's even more hosed than i thought if you can be that important and publish demented ramblings of this sort

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

V. Illych L. posted:

isn't this guy a fairly prominent DF representative? denmark's even more hosed than i thought if you can be that important and publish demented ramblings of this sort
He's the #2.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

And also quite smart apart from the brainworms.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

that poo poo is a straightforward racist conspiracy theory, the more i look at it the more baffled i get

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

So what he's saying is that he's joined the Greens because green = Islam?

jeebus bob
Nov 4, 2004

Festina lente
Yeeeeah that's just par for the (dis)course in our national debate. There will be no consequences for it beyond an upward bump in the polls for DF. More so if anyone calls him on it.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Randarkman posted:

So what he's saying is that he's joined the Greens because green = Islam?

Technically he's founded a new green party, but yes.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

We thought we tricked him by not naming the Red-Green Alliance the Communist-Islamist Alliance, but he's figured it out.

BonHair posted:

And also quite smart apart from the brainworms.
Looking forward to being able to tell everyone I saw him watching Ice Age on a train before he became dictator.

Revelation 2-13
May 13, 2010

Pillbug
Obligatory I think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsCovtzmye0

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

V. Illych L. posted:

Yes. He is also the person who has received the most personal votes of anyone in Danish history and is currently being investigated for corruption.

And here is the party nestor levelling the same accusation against the Royal Life Guard in 2008:

https://www.berlingske.dk/politik/krarup-kaemper-mod-groenne-faner

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Hello! If someone was looking at emigrating to Sweden, what info would you share to them?

Serious replies only please

I already shared this

https://www.informationsverige.se/e...g-till-sverige/

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!

McCloud posted:

Hello! If someone was looking at emigrating to Sweden, what info would you share to them?

Serious replies only please

I already shared this

https://www.informationsverige.se/e...g-till-sverige/

Well that would depend a huge lot on their situation. Are they emigrating to Sweden from a EU country and mostly looking into how to get along with the culture? Are they in a relationship (which helps a ton with visa etc)? Exchange students planning to stay? Or are they a non-EU citizen who just decided that they want to move to Sweden?

My wife is a non-EU citizen so I have seen first hand about that situation. Applying for visa, meetings with Migrationsverket, going through the labyrinth of SFI and Arbetsförmedlingen when trying to get established etc.

jeebus bob
Nov 4, 2004

Festina lente

Messerschmidt got the last laugh though
https://www.information.dk/kultur/l...i-koebenhavneri

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Honestly, while that clip is super funny, Messerschmidt comes out the clear winner of that sketch. As intended by Berthelsen.

Gedt
Oct 3, 2007

Holy loving poo poo Denmark. Dick loving move.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Gedt posted:

Holy loving poo poo Denmark. Dick loving move.

Context:

https://www.aftonbladet.se/nyheter/a/zg4lOw/aftonbladet-avslojar-danmark-stoppar-vaccinsprutor-till-sverige

Clayton Bigsby
Apr 17, 2005

It's time to get Barsebäck back online.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

FFS

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Isn't that straight out of the US handbook where US warship just flat out hijacked ships of medical equipment from other countries.

This is going to be a timeless scandal of when Denmark stopped Swedish medical supplies from reaching Sweden in one of the worst catastrophes to hit Sweden for centuries.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
what the absolute gently caress

what is even the rationale for this? "Pfizer ratfucked us, so now we're just going to steal vaccines?"

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Fake news. Only Swedes are reporting on this, I think they're trying to gin up support for an invasion.

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

what the absolute gently caress

what is even the rationale for this? "Pfizer ratfucked us, so now we're just going to steal vaccines?"
It's syringes, not vaccines.

Gedt
Oct 3, 2007

Who the gently caress trusts Denmark now? And for what?

This is just the loving dumbest

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

A Buttery Pastry posted:

It's syringes, not vaccines.

Oh. What is even the point of stealing those? I'm pretty sure we aren't running short, considering the amount of doses we have.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

10.8% of Danes would vote for a party that explicitly supports ethnic cleansing and allows nazis in its ranks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Threadkiller Dog
Jun 9, 2010
Ethnic cleansing of which country? :sweden: