Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

VideoGameVet posted:

I also am going to tell Kia of USA that they need to have their dealerships provide help with the process,

lol good luck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sanchez
Feb 26, 2003

harperdc posted:

Officially revealed is the Mercedes EQA, the smaller crossover on the EQC platform.

66.5 kWh battery, about 500 km/300 mile range, and €47,000 starting price are the figures to know.

Lol it has 188hp and is slower to 60 than a leaf.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

sanchez posted:

Lol it has 188hp and is slower to 60 than a leaf.

it appears to be priced against the ID.4 but is worse in every way other than perhaps the badge, what am I missing here?

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

The badge.

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

Also RWD Taycan announced for USA and Europe.

https://www.evo.co.uk/porsche/porsche-taycan/203439/entry-level-rear-wheel-drive-porsche-taycan-revealed

Quite a big price drop from the 4S.

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

Dreaming of Shock Diamonds

I love that all the press photos are using the greatest Porsche colour of all time as well. Frozen Berry Metallic aka Brosé.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

VideoGameVet posted:

I also am going to tell Kia of USA that they need to have their dealerships provide help with the process,
My Kia dealership took over 3 months to send the purchase info to NC DMV to get my license plate. I had to get a second temporary plate because the first one expired. And that was in 2019 so there's no Covid excuse, they are just slow.

CannonFodder fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Jan 20, 2021

VideoGameVet
May 14, 2005

It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion. It is by the juice of Java that pedaling acquires speed, the teeth acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion.

sincx posted:

Is claiming an already-approved application still subject to the 3-month rule?

Got a call. The delay in the IRS income verification has persuaded the rebate people to extend the deadline.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Tyro posted:

drat, didn't know the id4 was already taking preorders. Does anyone have a clue what "Mid-2021" availability actually means? YOLOsubmarine, do you have an estimated date or anything? I'm going to need a new car in May, or June at the latest, so if it's actually August or something, I'll probably have to look harder at other options.

The pre-order was basically just hold a spot in line. So far I haven’t received and order guide or estimated delivery date or anything else. I believe some First Editions have been delivered but the AWD model was going to come later in 2021 after they delivered First Editions so I expect it’ll be the second half of the year before I get to finalize my order and get a production date.

Tyro
Nov 10, 2009

YOLOsubmarine posted:

The pre-order was basically just hold a spot in line. So far I haven’t received and order guide or estimated delivery date or anything else. I believe some First Editions have been delivered but the AWD model was going to come later in 2021 after they delivered First Editions so I expect it’ll be the second half of the year before I get to finalize my order and get a production date.

Bummer. Thanks for the info though!

stevewm
May 10, 2005
Kyle from Out Of Spec posted a video about their cannonball run in Taycan using only EA chargers.

https://youtu.be/IFg8LaZFqYE

They bested the previous record set in a model 3 by 50 minutes.

Had they not experienced all the charging problems they probably would have gained another hour.

Shamino
Mar 14, 2008

I am weary of loitering about Britain. There is much we could be accomplishing! Where hast thou been, anyway?
They're pretty lucky they didn't encounter electrify america chargers that were completely broken leaving them stranded.

stevewm
May 10, 2005
He was in contact with EA the entire time making sure the route was functional.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

stevewm posted:

Have him call back and hold the line forever.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

stevewm posted:

If EA had any sense they should have told them the direction to a non existant charger.

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties

sincx fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Mar 23, 2021

Clayton Bigsby
Apr 17, 2005

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

it appears to be priced against the ID.4 but is worse in every way other than perhaps the badge, what am I missing here?

Maybe priced against the ID4 but with that tiny trunk it looks more ID3 sized.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

sincx posted:

Has anyone tried to get a second electric meter installed for their EV or plug-in hybrid charger? Did your utility want to charge you a multi-thousand engineering fee for the second meter?

What are you trying to do? Track usage?

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

sincx posted:

Has anyone tried to get a second electric meter installed for their EV or plug-in hybrid charger? Did your utility want to charge you a multi-thousand engineering fee for the second meter?
Not unless you're moving it across the house or something.

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Nice review of the Mach-E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Pb11j34kPY

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Ahahahahahaha wtf?!

Are they forcing you to get a panel upgrade? Jesus christ, that's insane.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Kind of disappointed the new Kia Sorento Hybrid isn't a plugin.. also not available in AWD.. and why 2nd row captains chairs only? Hopefully by 2022 they have some good EV/PHEV options to trade in my 2016 sorento for.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

FilthyImp posted:

Ahahahahahaha wtf?!

Are they forcing you to get a panel upgrade? Jesus christ, that's insane.

No (they'd need a new panel for the new meter no matter what), it's even worse, they're charging them $1500-$5000 to hook the same service drop up to a second meter, about 15 minutes of work and three new splices, because PG&E are run by literal criminals.

Shai-Hulud
Jul 10, 2008

But it feels so right!
Lipstick Apathy
Well this is going to be interesting tomorrow! Wife drove the car down to 33km range and i got a 30km commute! Time to do some hypermiling!

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Shai-Hulud posted:

Well this is going to be interesting tomorrow! Wife drove the car down to 33km range and i got a 30km commute! Time to do some hypermiling!

Plug in car?

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Shai-Hulud posted:

That's probably not going to end well.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

sincx posted:

Exactly. It's all so outrageous.

CPUC complaint submitted. I bought a plug-in hybrid, not pure electric, and gas is cheap, so I'm happy to wait out the complaint process.

Good luck, sounds like it could be a chore to deal with, knowing Pg&e. What did you get?

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Shai-Hulud posted:

Don't forget the powerbank, just in case.

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

sincx posted:

Rav4 Prime

Niiice. I typed in my zip code and it said "no you can't have one".

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Really? There's six at my local dealership.

Might have changed recently with the rest of WA's California Compliance coming into effect this year.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Charles posted:

Niiice. I typed in my zip code and it said "no you can't have one".

Toyota's website won't even let me play around and configure one for giggles, it's just essentially "Extremely limited quantities" and get bent.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Elviscat posted:

Really? There's six at my local dealership.

Might have changed recently with the rest of WA's California Compliance coming into effect this year.

🤷🏻‍♂️

borkencode
Nov 10, 2004
TikTok idiot films self misusing Tesla autopilot https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VS5zQKXHdpM

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

borkencode posted:

TikTok idiot films self misusing Tesla autopilot https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VS5zQKXHdpM

Lol is that his mom going along with all this crap? Stupid must run deep in the family

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker

mobby_6kl posted:

Lol is that his mom going along with all this crap? Stupid must run deep in the family

Lets just hope they don't kill anyone else when they eventually wipeout.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Charles posted:

🤷🏻‍♂️

You're in Western WA, right?

Bremerton has 6

Which if it's not showing you inventory from the far off wasteland of a 90 minute drive or ferry ride...

:iiam: