Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Lmao gently caress this mission

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Am I hearing correctly that I need to do the mission as well as the mission with a full team of people with Hawkmoon to get the seasonal title?

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

I wonder how important it is to find all these paracausal feathers, found two sets of 3 before reaching the mid-way fight.

Discospawn
Mar 3, 2007

Oxyclean posted:

Am I hearing correctly that I need to do the mission as well as the mission with a full team of people with Hawkmoon to get the seasonal title?
Yes, but that particular Triumph is bugged right now and can't be completed.

Republicans posted:

I wonder how important it is to find all these paracausal feathers, found two sets of 3 before reaching the mid-way fight.
They're related to an exotic quest you get from Crow to unlock an exotic ship. It seems like it will take a lot to complete the quest, similar to how many runs it took to earn the Whisper of the Worm ship:

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Discospawn posted:

Yes, but that particular Triumph is bugged right now and can't be completed.

I can't wait to solo this when I get home. If it took me 3 hours to solo the Thorn quest I can only imagine what kind of face grind this is going to be.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

I figured the hawkmoon catalyst would simply be increased magazine size. But that's better than I could ever have imagined. It's basically a harder to use Izanagi's Burden at this point.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

One of my hawkmoons rolled with smallbore and opening shot, thanks mission i will never play again!

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
That last boss is a bitch solo...

Edit: Sounded past tense, not past tense.

Mesadoram fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Jan 20, 2021

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Mesadoram posted:

That last boss is a bitch solo...

Edit: Sounded past tense, not past tense.

just finished solo flawless-

I was bottom tree void hunter, with wormhusk. had a kinetic sniper, the void scout from hunts, and lament. hang out at the entrance to the room and snipe boss and goblins until it goes.

during the adds phase, there'll be solar shielded knights up on the side ledges, and as long as they are alive more acolytes will keep spawning. I used my scout to clear acolytes and the goblins as best I could to make a path before going in (while invis) to sword the knight and then run away, repeat for both sides. warlocks and titans could probably use super instead of invis, I dunno.

you might be tempted to sword the boss, it could probably work but I just played it safe by sniping, died a couple times because lament flung through it or the boss didn't get stunned or goblins showed up and shielded it.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
2 hours and 64 deaths later I solo'd it. I <3 the Witherhorde.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

I just hit 1250 so I'm gonna wait a bit to try the new mission. Has anyone tried Malfeasance in it?

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Why do people poopoo the Hawkmoon? It's pretty fun.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Mesadoram posted:

Why do people poopoo the Hawkmoon? It's pretty fun.
Admittedly I haven't tried it in PVP or in anything difficult, but it just kinda feels like a gun. Doesn't seem special. It's not like using Thorn or Sunshot or something.

Although maybe it's because I can't stop my constant reloading habit and waste the stacks or whatever

Roman fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Jan 20, 2021

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Roman posted:

Admittedly I haven't tried it in PVP or in anything difficult, but it just kinda feels like a gun. Doesn't seem special. It's not like using Thorn or Sunshot or something.

Although maybe it's because I can't stop my constant reloading habit and waste the stacks or whatever

The Thorn needs a catalyst so bad, that gun is a blast to use.

But the end bullet with the Hawkmoon is a nice little bonus. Easy 70k damage just got getting headshots.

Edit: Also the Hawkmoon catalyst expands the magazine from 8 to 9

Mesadoram fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Jan 20, 2021

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

Steering wheel! Hey! Steering wheel! Someone tell him to give it to me!
I haven't even finished the hawkmoon quest because pvp is poo poo and after hitting 1260 across the board I don't need to kill champs.

I'm 80% of the way to killing champs from raids lol.

I suppose I'll finish it, but I don't care too much about warden its a bad title name.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Over a quarter if the way done with the catalyst for Hawkmoon when it dawned on me again.

Can be please loving Please get a catalyst for Thorn? It's such a fantastic and fun gun to use.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

What would you guys have a thorn catalyst do, ideally? This is not a rhetorical bitch, I am genuinely interested. Spawn an extra remnant like Lumina? Spawn the remnant at the player rather than the enemy? Extra damage from remnants, or make the dot/buff last longer? Bring back Final Round?

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Thorn catalyst: remnants now fly towards the wielder to be automatically collected, and the buff lasts longer. Range bonus (why not.)

Alternatively, have the catalyst increase ticking damage.

wiegieman fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Jan 20, 2021

Alkarl
Aug 26, 2011

Bonus EXP: 300
MVP: Ike
New Ally: Petrine, Greil, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Petrine, Greil, Mordecai, Lethe, Ranulf, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, MPID_BLACKKNIGHT, Greil, Ike, Greil, Ike, Black Knight, Greil, Ike

Bobby Deluxe posted:

What would you guys have a thorn catalyst do, ideally? This is not a rhetorical bitch, I am genuinely interested. Spawn an extra remnant like Lumina? Spawn the remnant at the player rather than the enemy? Extra damage from remnants, or make the dot/buff last longer? Bring back Final Round?

Turn the lights green again. :colbert:

But seriously, if you'd asked me a few months ago I'd want the catalyst to do what the Warlock Arms do; spread the hell out of it.

These days I think I'd want Mark to last longrr and maybe have orbs be auto-drawn to you from a longer distance.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Bobby Deluxe posted:

It could literally do nothing but produce orbs and I would be happy. I think making the buff time last longer though would be a nice bonus for it.

Alkarl posted:

Turn the lights green again. :colbert:

But seriously, if you'd asked me a few months ago I'd want the catalyst to do what the Warlock Arms do; spread the hell out of it.

These days I think I'd want Mark to last longrr and maybe have orbs be auto-drawn to you from a longer distance.

wiegieman posted:

Thorn catalyst: remnants now fly towards the wielder to be automatically collected, and the buff lasts longer. Range bonus (why not.)

Alternatively, have the catalyst increase ticking damage.

:hmmyes:

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Mesadoram posted:

It could literally do nothing but produce orbs and I would be happy. I think making the buff time last longer though would be a nice bonus for it.
Oh poo poo yeah, forgot that.

There should be a way of temporarily masterworking non-catalyst exotocs, like sellotaping an exotic cipher in there which gets refunded once you equip a catalyst

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Also Halcyon Shell is in eververse for bright dust, so if you want your ghost to look as ridiculous as you do, better be grinding those weeklies.

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Also Halcyon Shell is in eververse for bright dust, so if you want your ghost to look as ridiculous as you do, better be grinding those weeklies.

Huh, time to make a dumb as hell wooden computer with last weeks shader

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Thorn Catalyst just needs +Range and Make:Orbs, doesn't need to be a fancy one that changes the functionality

Sample_text
Apr 28, 2018

by VideoGames
Remember, Destiny's best days are ahead ;)

(lol imagine still playing this in 2021)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

Do we have a sense of when the next expansion/campaign/DLC/whatever is going to drop? I'm not opposed to buying Beyond Light or whatever the current shiny thing is, but if there's something new in the pipelines for a week or a month out, I'll just snag Forsaken or Shadowkeep instead and play those raids/strikes for a bit instead.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Sample_text posted:

Remember, Destiny's best days are ahead ;)

(lol imagine still playing this in 2021)
D2 is in a rough spot right now. Their bad decisions are driving players away in droves. The next update/expansion/TWAB is make or break for D2.

^^You can just copy and paste that here every few months

Mattavist
May 24, 2003

Arcturas posted:

Do we have a sense of when the next expansion/campaign/DLC/whatever is going to drop? I'm not opposed to buying Beyond Light or whatever the current shiny thing is, but if there's something new in the pipelines for a week or a month out, I'll just snag Forsaken or Shadowkeep instead and play those raids/strikes for a bit instead.

Next Fall.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Arcturas posted:

The new thing coming up in a couple weeks is a season.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/50019

-Season of the Hunt content will stick around for all of Year 4 (yes this means you can get warden during season 15)
-Umbral Engrams are back (focused loot good?)
-Prestige seals (get ready for :siren:Prestige Dredgen:siren:)

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Scyantific posted:

-Prestige seals (get ready for :siren:Prestige Dredgen:siren:)

Is it just me or does the Thrillmonger triumph not drop from Neo Gambit? It’s the last thing I need for Dredgen and I know I’m owed at least one.

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Scyantific posted:

-Umbral Engrams are back (focused loot good?)

I hope this is back in Drifter's area in the tower and it continues to become a freaky lair as time goes on. Would be nice if they added his freaky deaky ship to the tower skybox as well or have it parked in that transmat zone near his room :D

Really though that area feels weird now the Black Armory has gone along with Calus' robot.

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

PERMACAV 50 posted:

Is it just me or does the Thrillmonger triumph not drop from Neo Gambit? It’s the last thing I need for Dredgen and I know I’m owed at least one.

it's just a lot harder to get in one round vs the 3 you had for olden gambit

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

SUNKOS posted:

I hope this is back in Drifter's area in the tower and it continues to become a freaky lair as time goes on. Would be nice if they added his freaky deaky ship to the tower skybox as well or have it parked in that transmat zone near his room :D

Really though that area feels weird now the Black Armory has gone along with Calus' robot.

level up your drifter reputation and gain access to his private quarters for a special audience ;)

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

SUNKOS posted:

I hope this is back in Drifter's area in the tower
We're getting a new Tower according to leaks, through in-game files viewed with cube mapping (whatever that is). It looks like an improved D1 Tower, with a possible personal social space being speculated

The personal social space doesn't seem far-fetched considering the current game tech could do it, even including things like trophies (like in the Exo Stranger's tent on Europa)

Hobnob
Feb 23, 2006

Ursa Adorandum

Roman posted:

viewed with cube mapping (whatever that is)

Cube mapping is a way of making shiny and reflective stuff look right without doing ray-tracing. Think of it like a sky box defined at significant areas of the map, so for instance when you enter a room, your armour and gear reflect what's in the room, rather than the sky outside.

Usually it's six textures (i.e. the four cardinal directions + up and down, hence a cube) pre-rendered from a camera at a bunch of map locations.

Hobnob fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Jan 21, 2021

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

Arcturas posted:

The game has an extremely stable release cycle that you can basically count on and set your clock to.

Expansions happen every fall. Usually around September, but this last expansion had an unusual delay into November. There was a global pandemic happening so it's understandable.
DLCs every 3 months. They actually schedule these and show the time until their release in game. If you go to the Season screen you can see the time until the next DLC releases. Next season will be Mid Feb (21-ish days from now).
Mid-season patch 6 weeks after. Seasons often follow a "Discover new thing", "understand the threat", "the threat escalates", "defeat the threat" arc. Halfway through the season, bungie always releases a mid season patch to add the stuff for the second half of the season.

So, there is a steady feed of content if you want to get onto the treadmill.

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

RocketRaygun posted:

The game has an extremely stable release cycle that you can basically count on and set your clock to.

Expansions happen every fall. Usually around September, but this last expansion had an unusual delay into November. There was a global pandemic happening so it's understandable.
DLCs every 3 months. They actually schedule these and show the time until their release in game. If you go to the Season screen you can see the time until the next DLC releases. Next season will be Mid Feb (21-ish days from now).
Mid-season patch 6 weeks after. Seasons often follow a "Discover new thing", "understand the threat", "the threat escalates", "defeat the threat" arc. Halfway through the season, bungie always releases a mid season patch to add the stuff for the second half of the season.

So, there is a steady feed of content if you want to get onto the treadmill.

Thanks! So I should get Beyond Light? But not worry about Foresaken or Shadowkeep?

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Arcturas posted:

Thanks! So I should get Beyond Light? But not worry about Foresaken or Shadowkeep?
they are good expansions but I suggest you wait until they are on sale, as most of their loot is depreciated

If you do buy them, the story sequence is forsaken > shadowkeep > BL

But although the new light intro campaign treats you as a brand new guardian, every expansion's story assumes you've been playing since Destiny 1, so you'll have to look up stuff anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

Roman posted:

they are good expansions but I suggest you wait until they are on sale, as most of their loot is depreciated

If you do buy them, the story sequence is forsaken > shadowkeep > BL

But although the new light intro campaign treats you as a brand new guardian, every expansion's story assumes you've been playing since Destiny 1, so you'll have to look up stuff anyway

Cool. I’m mostly looking to catch up and do the raid equivalent with some friends, so Beyond Light it is. I’m not too worried about getting unique guns from old content that’s useful for niche stuff. I can do more of that as I find specific things I need.