Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

vyelkin posted:

you don't need to solve economic problems to win elections by doubling down on a popular losing strategy, just look at the maritimes

i'll fully admit that this might just be observer bias but kenney looks loving awful at these press conferences. just stammering and hemming and hawing his way through his barely-thought-out talking points, and his attempts at doing off-the-cuff trumpian asides feel flat and phony. i just struggle to see him winning an election when the economy's failed to get out of its tailspin, even after all of the dumbasses in the province have forgotten about how he purposefully mangled the covid response and killed off dozens for it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

Prairies are caught in a self-ratcheting socio-political death spiral and are fully invested in tsilnspinning this fucker into the earth. Sorry.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

should read "I don't even know who i am" tbh

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

GonadTheBallbarian posted:

should read "I don't even know who i am" tbh

ha ha biden has a slight speech impediment, thats the same as rampant dementia ha ha good joke

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Randalor posted:

Oh man, how's that "Constantly double down on arguably the worst resource in the world" doing for ya, Kenny?

This keystone deal is great, because if theres one thing the Alberta conservatives are great at, its blaming others for their problems. First Notley, then Trudeau, now they will have a free pass to blame every single woe Alberta has for the next 4 years on Biden.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Fashionable Jorts posted:

ha ha biden has a slight speech impediment, thats the same as rampant dementia ha ha good joke

his brain is swiss cheese. lol speech impediment ok sure

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

he has dementia, and i suspect you might as well if you've swallowed the "speech impediment" bullshit whole

Cromulent_Chill
Apr 6, 2009

gently caress off, Biden is really old and trending towards dementia. The gerantocracy doesn't need you making excuses for them, they already have all the power.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Rutibex posted:

his brain is swiss cheese. lol speech impediment ok sure

mila kunis posted:

he has dementia, and i suspect you might as well if you've swallowed the "speech impediment" bullshit whole

Biden's been talking openly about his lifelong speech impediment at least since 2008.

This seems like a weird hill to die on?

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Another Bill posted:

Biden's been talking openly about his lifelong speech impediment at least since 2008.

This seems like a weird hill to die on?

when multiple people are telling you you're wrong i'm afraid it is you that is dying on a hill. just look at a clip of him talking in 2008 and today

Salean
Mar 17, 2004

Homewrecker

actually joe biden is so healthy he is going to box justin trudeau for ownership of the prairie provinces

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Rutibex posted:

when multiple people are telling you you're wrong i'm afraid it is you that is dying on a hill. just look at a clip of him talking in 2008 and today

Yeah he's an old man, this doesn't preclude him from actually having a lifelong speech impediment.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Another Bill posted:

Yeah he's an old man, this doesn't preclude him from actually having a lifelong speech impediment.

Biden can have a speech impediment and the current state still be blithely obvious that he's sundowning.

Again, the gerontocracy does not need your apologia.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕

RBC posted:

lets be real, nobody is ever loving jason kenney

He used to be with a different twink every week when he was an MP V:shobon:V

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

StealthArcher posted:

Biden can have a speech impediment and the current state still be blithely obvious that he's sundowning.

Again, the gerontocracy does not need your apologia.

Ok so call him out for being old and having dementia and leave the speech impediment out of it maybe?

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Calling out an elderly man for having a speech impediment isn't the slam dunk political argument you seem to think it is.

Cromulent_Chill
Apr 6, 2009

Another Bill posted:

Video exists of him being much more lucid and well spoken in the past, and much less prone to angry outbursts at simple questions. Speech impediment or no the signs of dementia exist in this 78 year old relic.

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

Another Bill posted:

Ok so call him out for being old and having dementia and leave the speech impediment out of it maybe?

isn't that exactly what posters were originally doing

linoleum floors
Mar 25, 2012

Please. Let me tell you all about how you're all idiots. I am of superior intellect here. Go suck some dicks. You have all fucking stupid opinions. This is my fucking opinion.
Lolling so hard an Obama era Democrat is doing more about climate change in a single day in office than our idiot GenX prime minister that has done despite insisting it's his most important priority

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

I was wondering why this thread got so active, lol.

Cromulent_Chill
Apr 6, 2009

linoleum floors posted:

Lolling so hard an Obama era Democrat is doing more about climate change in a single day in office than our idiot GenX prime minister that has done despite insisting it's his most important priority

He didn't do gently caress all. The Paris accords are like when people think setting a new years resolution is as good as doing the work to achieve the goals. What's with the rubes falling for this poo poo?

Edit: canceling KXL? Oh yah thats a plus for sure. Sorry!

Cromulent_Chill has issued a correction as of 17:40 on Jan 21, 2021

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Killin_Like_Bronson posted:

He didn't do gently caress all. The Paris accords are like when people think setting a new years resolution is as good as doing the work to achieve the goals. What's with the rubes falling for this poo poo?

I think they mean ending KXL, which for all the not enough it will always be, had the one good effect of absolutely embarrassing Trudeau and Kenney.

linoleum floors
Mar 25, 2012

Please. Let me tell you all about how you're all idiots. I am of superior intellect here. Go suck some dicks. You have all fucking stupid opinions. This is my fucking opinion.
I didn't say he did a lot, and that makes all the more loving funny he's done more than trudeau

Cromulent_Chill
Apr 6, 2009

StealthArcher posted:

I think they mean ending KXL, which for all the not enough it will always be, had the one good effect of absolutely embarrassing Trudeau and Kenney.

Oh yah. Credit to Biden for making Kenney eat poo poo. We all new the poo poo was ordered up for him so its nice to see him just mow down.

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

wait this is around the Paris accord? the thing about keeping warming to 1.5°C? when we have confirmed currently baked-in warming is already 2.3°C?

lol

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Nailed it.

https://twitter.com/fordnation/status/1352231975462035457?s=21

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

I'm feeling something new...something...I'm happy??!!
I have worked with people with dementia for over 10 years. Joe Biden has dementia. He probably should be in a personal care home

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
Manitoba lockdown mostly lifted see until probably April when we have to shut everything down again after a bunch more people get sick and die. gently caress this stupid province.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

CrcleSqreSanchz posted:

I have worked with people with dementia for over 10 years. Joe Biden has dementia. He probably should be in a personal care home

Good thing that mental lucidity and wherewithal isn't a requirement to be POTUS!

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

*sighs* I wish I was a horse

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
hello mr pence

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
kxl was probably going to be unviable economically anyway due to market prices, as someone said in d&d this was 100% oil companies lobbying him to do it so they could claw back some money via compensation instead of a flat loss and biden gets to pretend to be doing something for climate change

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

I'm feeling something new...something...I'm happy??!!

EvilJoven posted:

Manitoba lockdown mostly lifted see until probably April when we have to shut everything down again after a bunch more people get sick and die. gently caress this stupid province.

I'm sure THIS time people will think of their fellow neighbor, be responsible and think of the greater societal good.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Rutibex posted:

when multiple people are telling you you're wrong i'm afraid it is you that is dying on a hill

If this wasn't C-SPAM you might be right

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

CrcleSqreSanchz posted:

Thanks for your expert diagnosis

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator

Lostconfused posted:

I was wondering why this thread got so active, lol.

Time to check in on the canpol thr-... Oh we're talking about Americans again. Cool.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
It does seem like a big problem for Manitoba that we've essentially plateaued at 160-170 cases a day on average even with a (finally) fairly reasonable lockdown.

Schools and businesses probably should've been outright closed and now numbers are probably going to go waaay back up.

E: v Surely there are at least 2 dozen other more relevant threads to litigate this in? v

TheKingofSprings has issued a correction as of 01:05 on Jan 22, 2021

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
lol at defending joe biden's melted brain.

remember when he claimed he got arrested with nelson mandela or whatever along with all the other dumb garbage came out of his mouth. the dude got an insanely easy ride from america's oligarch controlled media. his obvious senescence would have destroyed his campaign if he'd been left wing or american media wasn't in a completely hypernormal state

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

mila kunis posted:

lol at defending joe biden's melted brain.

remember when he claimed he got arrested with nelson mandela or whatever along with all the other dumb garbage came out of his mouth. the dude got an insanely easy ride from america's oligarch controlled media. his obvious senescence would have destroyed his campaign if he'd been left wing or american media wasn't in a completely hypernormal state

Awww honey I know QAnon is over but there'll be new conspiracies you don't have to do this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Another Bill posted:

Good thing that mental lucidity and wherewithal isn't a requirement to be POTUS!

No that's a bad thing