Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DrPop
Aug 22, 2004

Should we revisit how important silencers are now that we're a bit into the wipe and lots of people have regular access to them now? They make your muzzle report completely silent to anyone beyond something arbitrary like 100 meters. Other than Factory, I run a can on every gun I bring in as a PMC now.

With some of the recent muzzle device changes, they've certainly made some non-silencer compensators a lot more appealing with how much more they reduce recoil over the cans (and with their less severe ergo penalties). Might try using some of them, but being silenced just seems like such a critical advantage it's hard to ditch suppressors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

It's somewhat absurd to me that some suppressors give better recoil reduction than the huge fuckoff muzzle breaks.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
I dont feel bad about sinking half my liquid cash into building the solar panels with how out of control fuel pries are rn.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

sum posted:

Most of the quests in the game would just turn into "earn money" in that case. I think the real problem is that the most quests are arbitrary hoops you have to jump through that don't enrich the game play. They badly need to overhaul them.

The reason it was so much better before than now is that there was more than one thing to do.

You could go find the item yourself if you wanted, or you could do what you liked to get money to buy it, or you could find the item yourself and sell it to someone else and use the money to do what you liked.

Now its 'wait for the mobile phone game timer to finish to get the item' and 'you died so the item has lost its magic enchantment and your progress is reset' and its repugnant.

Vandalizing the quests was one of the first big victories for the reddophile and the streamer in tarkov.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

the easiest way ive found to complete the quests is to not die. perhaps you could try that.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

also sitting high on my horse as the btc farm rushers are getting owned while the humble quester is sitting on a big stack of cash with no worries in sight. good game.

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy
Who the gently caress was saying they can't get 6 PMC kills in the office area on factory? If you cant find PMCs to kill on factory just uninstall because you are NOT going to like the rest of the game lmao

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
Your average factory raid is everyone killing each other in the glass hallway spawn and then nobody goes up to the office or the only office goers are altyn wearing thick boys.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Sultan Tarquin posted:

Your average factory raid is everyone killing each other in the glass hallway spawn and then nobody goes up to the office or the only office goers are altyn wearing thick boys.

Fresh wipe factory runs are so much fun for the reason you mentioned above. Everyone just using what they can in a little rear end map.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

I enjoy that the butcoin farm is so expensive because it’s let me make a killing on CPU fans and PSUs. Also tearing apart DVD players for circuit boards.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Bussamove posted:

I enjoy that the butcoin farm is so expensive because it’s let me make a killing on CPU fans and PSUs. Also tearing apart DVD players for circuit boards.

yeah fan prices are ridiculous atm and the turnover is very quick, I literally just sold a pile sitting in my scav box for 65k each

e: I see people low balling themselves by throwing the fans up for like 18k and it's just... why would you shortchange yourself like that? even if you need a quick turn you can put them up for twice that and the sub <40k inventory will get cleared in like 10 minutes at most

LGD fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Jan 21, 2021

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Cage Kicker posted:

Who the gently caress was saying they can't get 6 PMC kills in the office area on factory? If you cant find PMCs to kill on factory just uninstall because you are NOT going to like the rest of the game lmao

How strange it is that I like the game but absolutely hate that bullshit quest.

Well guess I'll uninstall.

Thanks for letting me know that I won't like the game, I was clearly wrong having sunk 400 hours into it and liking it except for several stupid loving quests.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

LGD posted:

yeah fan prices are ridiculous atm and the turnover is very quick, I literally just sold a pile sitting in my scav box for 65k each

I see people low balling themselves by throwing the fans up for like 18k and just why would you shortchange yourself like that?

people in games never understand like, extremely basic pricing stuff, thinking that knocking down a few thousand rather than a single rouble lower will actually make theirs sell faster when the times that might be the case are extremely rare, on stuff like extremely low volume items that are legitimately overpriced for their demand. anything thats going to sell youre just throwing cash away if you dont undercut t he smallest amount possible.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

if u want to get the office kills buy an altyn and a slick or whatever, load out whatever gun you like that you can put at extremely low recoil and load with a big mag of high pen ammo, and buy some vogs. youll just shred everyone.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

u will legit throw away more roubles in mid gear loadouts you lose because you cannot tank any damage at all than going in full tank and slamming a propital and mowing everyone down

alternatively sit in t he stairwells with a five seven, naked w a rig.

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Stux posted:

if u want to get the office kills buy an altyn and a slick or whatever, load out whatever gun you like that you can put at extremely low recoil and load with a big mag of high pen ammo, and buy some vogs. youll just shred everyone.

That's cool and all but no matter how you go about doing it, it's a lovely and stupid quest and I will continue to hate it no matter what anyone says about it because I find no aspect of that quest fun, I find nothing about Factory fun to begin with, and that quest forces me to play in a way I don't enjoy on a map I don't enjoy.

I'm perfectly happy on every map in Tarkov except Labs and Factory. Those two can gently caress right off.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
The outrage on Reddit after about 3,000 people (or more) bought Jaegers fuel at the increased price has made my day. Just post after post about idiots who spammed buy when it was restocked and spent 1.2mil

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

ShowTime posted:

The outrage on Reddit after about 3,000 people (or more) bought Jaegers fuel at the increased price has made my day. Just post after post about idiots who spammed buy when it was restocked and spent 1.2mil

I am one of those idiots and now this is gonna be me and Nikita

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdF_Vo4B6Ms

They set the price back to near 100k which means somebody just fatfingered an extra 1 in there which is so fuckin' peak BSG :discourse:

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Jan 21, 2021

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

FileNotFound posted:

That's cool and all but no matter how you go about doing it, it's a lovely and stupid quest and I will continue to hate it no matter what anyone says about it because I find no aspect of that quest fun, I find nothing about Factory fun to begin with, and that quest forces me to play in a way I don't enjoy on a map I don't enjoy.

I'm perfectly happy on every map in Tarkov except Labs and Factory. Those two can gently caress right off.

youll never get more comfortable with them if you dont play them

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Inspector_666 posted:

I am one of those idiots and now this is gonna be me and Nikita

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdF_Vo4B6Ms

They set the price back to near 100k which means somebody just fatfingered an extra 1 in there which is so fuckin' peak BSG :discourse:

lol same

didn't even check b/c of course it would be lower and I wanted to slam it on cooldown to make sure I got my share

that's tarkov :v:

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

FileNotFound posted:

I don't see the cost of fuel going up to the point that L1 farm becomes unprofitable. You'd have to have fuel tanks at ~800k each.

Thanks to Jeager, that didn't age well.

Stux posted:

youll never get more comfortable with them if you dont play them

I don't want to be comfortable on them, it's not a thing I'm interested in. They are not maps that I like and not a playstyle I like and no matter how much I may stretch out my butthole by continuing to play those maps won't change the fact that I'm not into it.

So instead I'd prefer to play maps I enjoy that allow for playing the game as anything besides a hyper aggressive chad.

Continuing to get buttfucked by factory won't make me develop a passion for getting gangbanged by sweaty gearlords.

I don't understand why any part of this seems to confuse people.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

The Tarkov is extremely strong today

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

youre going to have to do the quests theree very wipe anyway, its better to get comfortable with the map so you at least dont dread and hate it instead of having to go through this thing every wipe where you despise part of the game. just how ive approached maps i didnt like and now enjoy anyway.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

This Jaeger fuel thing is why you don’t just mash numbers together in your UI without any sort if indicator. Also why you triple-check a price.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Bussamove posted:

This Jaeger fuel thing is why you don’t just mash numbers together in your UI without any sort if indicator. Also why you triple-check a price.

The big moral is buy everything through the Flea interface and never the Vendor page.

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
reeeee nikita how dare you make me CQB people in gun game, i just want to stuff treasure in my butthole

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

my honest advice is to dip in and out of quests as you feel like. slamming your head against a quest repeatedly isnt fun, so go gently caress around on a map you like, try something new, squad up with some friends, whatever.

I'm having a good time running stupid shotgun builds on woods, and solid snaking my way up to sniper spots to kill people. mosin people aren't super aware!

or like, take a break from the game and play something else. you don't want to become one of the bitter weirdos who complains in game threads constantly.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

yeah i was slamming my head against three woods quests today and then i was like, thats it, im going to interchange. did an entire quest in one raid, extracted with tons of loot, good decision all round

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
I mean, I just quit playing and have never had more fun.

Slumpy
Jun 10, 2008
tying the real life price of bitcoin to a coin in game is kinda cool but if it results in loving up the economy maybe its time to fork and make tarkov coin

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013

FileNotFound posted:

Thanks to Jeager, that didn't age well.

I don't want to be comfortable on them, it's not a thing I'm interested in. They are not maps that I like and not a playstyle I like and no matter how much I may stretch out my butthole by continuing to play those maps won't change the fact that I'm not into it.

So instead I'd prefer to play maps I enjoy that allow for playing the game as anything besides a hyper aggressive chad.

Continuing to get buttfucked by factory won't make me develop a passion for getting gangbanged by sweaty gearlords.

I don't understand why any part of this seems to confuse people.

So you want only quests that happen on the maps you like? Like, what’d the improvement here you suggest? No quests? Quests on your favorite maps only?

Nitevision
Oct 5, 2004

Your Friendly FYAD Helper
Ask Me For FYAD Help
Another Reason To Talk To Me Is To Hangout
I think most of Tarkov's tedious poo poo stems from the insane emphasis on linear advancement instead of opportunities for specialization. A static quest tree with static rewards is boring, static vendor tiers that everyone eventually gets are boring, everyone ending up with the same top-tier hideout is boring. Find a way to make those things more dynamic/choice-driven and the metagame gets a lot more interesting.

Likewise the linear advancement in skills sucks. I'd much prefer a system where like, every skill just has three levels, with level 2 giving a bonus to something and level 3 giving a better bonus. And everyone starts with two points they stick wherever they want but it takes X hours to redistribute. And leveling your man progressively gives you like 5 more points to distribute. Now a new player can choose to make their endurance or recoil control as good as a player who has leveled a bunch but that comes at a higher opportunity cost to them until they also level up. And check it out, now the skill system makes you consider and plan around your playstyle or current raiding objectives rather than being this artificial grind thing with linear bonuses.

Thanks for reading.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

I personally think the game is enriched by say throwing armor on the floor before popping a scav or wearing m1 rigs.

So emergent

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Vahakyla posted:

So you want only quests that happen on the maps you like? Like, what’d the improvement here you suggest? No quests? Quests on your favorite maps only?
Wow what a nice straw man - that's totally what I wanted - no quests!

So like - I dunno man - like maybe crazy things like - just kills in factory as opposed to THIS ONE SPOT IN FACTORY would make it less annoying when you kill 2 dudes who rushed your spawn but don't count?

How loving wild of an idea is that?! I just can't wrap my head around why someone may find a quest that requires kills on a specific spot annoying when other quest in the game lets you get kills on the entire map....

I'm totally unreasonable in not liking THAT quest or the other tedious quests that require me to get kills under irritating conditions. I should totally uninstall the game because I find some of the quests annoying because it's absurd that I would think that they could be improved.....

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

agreed. aklso why is it 100 meters for the shooter born in heaven headshots. what if i get a 50m headshot bcos i saw a guy 60 seconds into the raid. i tshould be 50m instead. fruther more why does it have to be akm kills, so now just because i killed someone with a n m4 it doesnt count?? :rolleyes: maybe make it less tedious huh?

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

mayhaps good sir instead of killing a scav i could get a quest for pressing w?? would be far less tedious to mine sensibilities. a doff of the cap to you goon sir e :cheers:

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Your entire justification for changing certain quests is "its annoying and I don't like it" are you surprised people don't find that valid or worthy? When did people go from "I need to get good at doing this annoying quest" to "the game is broken and needs to be fixed because I find advancement difficult"

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Cage Kicker posted:

When did people go from "I need to get good at doing this annoying quest" to "the game is broken and needs to be fixed because I find advancement difficult"

Probably when people came up with tedious quests and idiots mistook tedium for difficulty and their ability for being able to put up with tedium and banging their head on it till they get through it as "getting good".

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013

FileNotFound posted:

Probably when people came up with tedious quests and idiots mistook tedium for difficulty and their ability for being able to put up with tedium and banging their head on it till they get through it as "getting good".

This I mean legitimately out of pure sincerity: you don't actually have to do the quests. They can be ignored and you can still basically get most of the bitcoin rigs and such. If you feel the quests aren't that fun, don't do them. Reality is, the game's quest aren't all that great. They are pretty obtuse and needless busy work a lot of the time. Some people find charm in it, and some just do them to get them over with. I don't know which one I am, I don't mind them most of the time. They give some meaning to it all, basically.

But you just don't offer any good feedback. That's the point, too. The quests shouldn't be clicking "I win", either, and some of the devs think they genuinely struggle to make any good or meaningful quests, so they don't bother.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Vahakyla posted:

This I mean legitimately out of pure sincerity: you don't actually have to do the quests. They can be ignored and you can still basically get most of the bitcoin rigs and such. If you feel the quests aren't that fun, don't do them. Reality is, the game's quest aren't all that great. They are pretty obtuse and needless busy work a lot of the time. Some people find charm in it, and some just do them to get them over with. I don't know which one I am, I don't mind them most of the time. They give some meaning to it all, basically.

But you just don't offer any good feedback. That's the point, too. The quests shouldn't be clicking "I win", either, and some of the devs think they genuinely struggle to make any good or meaningful quests, so they don't bother.

Dude - I literally offered feedback several times that it's THAT SPOT requirement that is my issue.

What else do you want?

Why do you keep harping about ALL quests when I specifically have issues with a very small subset and enjoy the vast majority of them.

I never asked for "I Win" quest anywhere...