Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
You get random luck with pubbies. The higher level domains bring better players

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
I have not played with other players since the very first event that forced it, and I plan to keep it that way. One of the main draws for this game for me is the ability to pause at any time. For this event I have not had that much difficulty doing it at about 3k points which should be enough to get all rewards. I find it easiest to do the 3 minute timer and 50% bonus health and then make up the points with more modifiers later.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Look, if people can solo 4k the geo cube with solo amber, it's not gated behind 5 stars.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

I do the bare-minimum to get 2k points each challenge for the nameplate, cubes are too annoying to bother cranking them up so they’re bloated HP sacks.

Also Nth-ing the no co-op thing. The last thing I want to do is watch someone trying and bring Chong into the thunder domain and then watch them explode to the damage proc while yelling at the Bennett or something. At least when I solo I know its just me being garbage at the game.

tyrelhill
Jul 30, 2006
lol this event is pure trash, no way the effort to get these points is worth 4 xp books that i can get from a leyline in 2 minutes

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I prefer this event solo because a lot of the modifiers make you die instantly. Dying instantly is no problem single-player because you can just restart but in multiplayer it will end your run more slowly. I also have a lot of off-field damage so I would expect multiplayer to take longer.

Mang Tomas
Jan 9, 2007
Wish there was a way of reviving dead players. Dying early in a domain sucks.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES

Mang Tomas posted:

Wish there was a way of reviving dead players. Dying early in a domain sucks.

It's me, I'm the Klee getting two-shot in co-op because either I can't find the Bennett field in the particle effects or the Bennett field hasn't been deployed. Feels bad man

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

my aversion to co-op has mostly been on how it affects the fun of the combat. specifically how solo makes swap/reaction stuff easier and feel...at least as rewarding as coordinating co-op. but cubes are very limited in reactions, notably locking out your huge melt/vape crits that are a big part of my solo fun. so being able to have 3-4 people whale on the exposed core just seems like a net gain if you can get a group.

i suppose with how lenient the point thresholds are it ends up being overkill though.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

No Wave posted:

I prefer this event solo because a lot of the modifiers make you die instantly. Dying instantly is no problem single-player because you can just restart but in multiplayer it will end your run more slowly. I also have a lot of off-field damage so I would expect multiplayer to take longer.

This event puts you on a respawn timer if you die in multiplayer. Considering 9/10 times you can die the boss is invuln anyways you might end up losing a 4-5 second damage window.

Mang Tomas
Jan 9, 2007
Wish they will lean on developing Co-Op more. They got something special here with their combat. Dungeon runs with 4 people sounds fun.

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

Co-op also makes some characters godly and invalidates others. They just aren't designed for it. I played co-op with Beidou for a long time since she was my most invested character, and I rarely got to counter enemies, since there was a 75% chance enemies were targeting other players.

A Jean or Bennett can have their ult down constantly, while barbara is completely useless. It would be cool if you could target her heal in co-op, then she might be useful. Ditto with Qiqi.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

The Atomic Man-Boy posted:

Co-op also makes some characters godly and invalidates others. They just aren't designed for it. I played co-op with Beidou for a long time since she was my most invested character, and I rarely got to counter enemies, since there was a 75% chance enemies were targeting other players.

A Jean or Bennett can have their ult down constantly, while barbara is completely useless. It would be cool if you could target her heal in co-op, then she might be useful. Ditto with Qiqi.

What? Barbara's attacks heal others when she has her water aura. She can also trigger vaporize anytime she wants. She's better in coop than single player.

Mentioned a few pages back, but I cooped with Childe, Diluc, Keqing, and Qiqi all at the same time. The game was not meant to be owned that hard.

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

ninjoatse.cx posted:

What? Barbara's attacks heal others when she has her water aura.

Oh, poo poo, guess I never noticed that.

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy

ninjoatse.cx posted:

What? Barbara's attacks heal others when she has her water aura. She can also trigger vaporize anytime she wants. She's better in coop than single player.

Mentioned a few pages back, but I cooped with Childe, Diluc, Keqing, and Qiqi all at the same time. The game was not meant to be owned that hard.

Yeah same with Qiqi and her aura and also her mark heals everyone who hits baddies with it. Barbara and Qiqi are both godly in coop but I find myself running with healer less and less in solo.

I'm also extremely lucky that I have a group of friends that I got into the game and it's been a great way to stay in touch.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

Tae posted:

Look, if people can solo 4k the geo cube with solo amber, it's not gated behind 5 stars.

I would assume this amber was using a 5 star bow. If not, I would love to see this run.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Mang Tomas posted:

Wish they will lean on developing Co-Op more. They got something special here with their combat. Dungeon runs with 4 people sounds fun.

I'd be pretty bummed if the game ever forced me to play coop

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
every event should be like the fallen star one where two ventis would just put everything in a blender for 90 seconds

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

This event would be better if the cubes weren’t... the cubes. Things going invulnerable for massive stretches of the fight isn’t fun or good.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
Everyone here is talking about just destroying this event and getting 4k points, and here I am playing on expert and getting 1.5k-2.5k after a struggle with barely any time left, despite having access to Mona, Diluc, Ganyu, and Venti. I'm clearly bad at this game and also have a fundamental misunderstanding of how I'm supposed to fight these cubes. Legit I have no idea what I'd be doing if I didn't have good luck with character rolls, these OP characters are the only thing keeping me from constant failure.

I should probably watch some tutorial videos on how to play and win.

N-N-N-NINE BREAKER
Jul 12, 2014

PringleCreamEgg posted:

Everyone here is talking about just destroying this event and getting 4k points, and here I am playing on expert and getting 1.5k-2.5k after a struggle with barely any time left, despite having access to Mona, Diluc, Ganyu, and Venti. I'm clearly bad at this game and also have a fundamental misunderstanding of how I'm supposed to fight these cubes. Legit I have no idea what I'd be doing if I didn't have good luck with character rolls, these OP characters are the only thing keeping me from constant failure.

I should probably watch some tutorial videos on how to play and win.

It's probably your artifacts, tbh. The timer and boss health and damage rules are the main source of points, so it becomes more of a stat check the higher points you go for.
I'm in a similar boat (fewer 5*s lol) because I haven't been doing artifact routes or grinding better substats.

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009
Venti is pretty useless against the cubes outside of maybe lowering resistances.

Really you just as much attack power on one DPS unit that you can manage. So focus your best artifacts on them. Also eat food, particulary crit rate boosting food. Damage windows are too small to set up reactions outside of using bursts like Bennetts and XQ right before the window starts. Or quickly using Kaeya skill on the lightning cube to get superconduct. And bursts are hard to recharge if you pick the ER penalty.

Also leave off the physical or elemental resist penalties if your dps uses any of them. Not worth dealing with.

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE
TSoul22 on YouTube has been getting at least 3k points per day with a level 80 Razor with a crafted R1 weapon and some lovely 4* artifacts that aren't even all +16, with basically no leveled supports to speak of. This is for today's geocube but he has guides for all the cubes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9QfCGshG7w

If you're having problems with the cubes then you most likely didn't build a good carry or you're just not learning the mechanics. I know I myself am way too lazy to experiment with mechanics on my own so I just watch people like the guy above.

I like the event, the cubes themselves aren't super exciting to farm but the structure of the rewards and the tunable difficulty are both very good.

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

I've been getting 3k solo in the cube events so far and my main carry is a charge attack spam Jean with a attack food buff. As long as I don't have like phys resist or crit damage modifiers on I've been able to clear the cubes in a timely manner even the anemo one.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Ugh, I did another Soraya quest to move the Bao'er story along and now I'm doing another Bao'er one and I don't get the option to trick her again anymore. Just gotta play dumb like I think she's actually a researcher.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Flair posted:

I would assume this amber was using a 5 star bow. If not, I would love to see this run.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Genshin_Impact/comments/l0iwv7/genshin_impact_pure_geo_hypostasis_amber_solo/

Do not watch if you get motion sickness.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

ninjoatse.cx posted:

Well, after whaling to get more pirmos, the game has decided to teach me a lesson. After pulling on the character banner, expecting to be happy with any of the characters showing up, I get... a favonius codex.

Who the hell is this thing for?

Answering my own question. Apparently this thing is Godly on Barbara if you play her in the field or in coop. That is all.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

this just confirms what we've always known in our hearts

Amber: SSS Tier

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Amber is the reason why the entire game is built around fire. She's the only guaranteed unit you get. Everyone else you have to complete quests for.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES

RareAcumen posted:

Amber is the reason why the entire game is built around fire. She's the only guaranteed unit you get. Everyone else you have to complete quests for.

how the turn tables

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

That is a 5* Amos bow. Nonetheless, what an extremely tenacious player doing all of the animation canceling to increase their DPS.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

So how bad of an idea would it be to R3 the Proto Crecent for Ganyu?

I’ve had the plans for a while and nothing to really use them on.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

MarcusSA posted:

So how bad of an idea would it be to R3 the Proto Crecent for Ganyu?

I’ve had the plans for a while and nothing to really use them on.

Proto is considered her best option outside of Amos, and if they ever introduce a new cratable, the first one will probably be free like the dragonspire weapons.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

though the Dragonspine catalyst wasn't free and the spear required a certain tree level, so i would probably just not use up all of any type of prototype

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah I don’t use bow characters much since I only play on mobile so I think I’ll just blow all of them for her.

I’ll get another one eventually anyway.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Anyone know if the gladiator 4pc applies to Noelle when she's in burst mode? The game keeps giving me gladiator artifacts with DEF% and other stuff good for her.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

So many Wolvendom questions.

Are we ever going to get a recipe that uses Wolfhook?
Is Wolvendom going to get a big update so it actually seems like an area that characters could've been living?
Are we going to get any more characters from there this year?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

the only update I need for wolvendom is for them to move the teleport closer to the boss

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the only stuff i would expect from there is a possible recipe for Wolfhook Juice, and for Varka to use Wolfhook as his ascension specialty (Rosaria might but leaks list hers as Lantern Grass).

it's mostly ruins so i don't think anyone meaningfully lives there aside from Razor and wildlife, hilichurls etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King of Bleh
Mar 3, 2007

A kingdom of rats.
What I find silly about Wolvendom is that it's described in-game as if it's this large untamed wilderness area, but it's absolutely tiny. There's very little to it other than the boss arena and the dirt path that leads to it.