Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Squizzle posted:

folks, BIG DARKHAWK doesnt want you to know this, but the character’s best look was inarguably his marvel team-up “league of losers” styling

Wow. I'd forgotten people considered Wolverine a loser.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Objectively speaking he was until hickman let him canon hook up with Jean and Scott

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Dawgstar posted:

Wow. I'd forgotten people considered Wolverine a loser.

This was in that weird space of time between NYX and Kyle/Yost New X-Men I think

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
All this conversation has done if remind me that I lost all my #1s and autographed comics because instead of storing them in long boxes with the rest of my comics, I put them in a dresser drawer and they got thrown out by Dad when he went to remodel my room and I didn't feel like taking my old furniture. So I have a bunch of runs from late 80s to 1994 that are complete except for that #1 issue.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Blockhouse posted:

This was in that weird space of time between NYX and Kyle/Yost New X-Men I think

Oh, yeah, I was just poking fun a little. This is absolutely when people thought of Laura as the weird edgelord whose main piece of history aside from being a Wolverine clone was she was also a sex worker.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
I think I've got signed copies of the full Avengers/JLA run from a few years back. Will they have appreciated enough to put my pug through training school?

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

drat, even in the League of Losers, there's only one person who's not white, aside from the non-humans.

And she dies later on.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Yvonmukluk posted:

drat, even in the League of Losers, there's only one person who's not white, aside from the non-humans.

And she dies later on.

Welcome to American comics.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

I can't believe people were literally calling each other braindead over Darkhawk of all things yesterday, and if I had been awake to hand out sixers I would have.

Be more gentle with each other! :arghfist:

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Nilbop posted:

I think I've got signed copies of the full Avengers/JLA run from a few years back. Will they have appreciated enough to put my pug through training school?

The first issue was the last comic I saw I would genuinely consider the speculators went for before the Obama Spider-Man issue.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Those books were solid money 3-4 years ago. The Absolute was hitting $600+ and the Amalgam trades were easily $100+ each used.

GPTribefan
Jul 2, 2007
Something witty yet inspirational about the Cleveland Indians

Gaz-L posted:

Unlimited is weird with the gaps. Like obviously ROM isn't on there, but they haven't added any of the Dark Horse Conan stuff despite reprinting it in hard copy, nor any of the OG Marvel Conan stuff (and I doubt that's a rights issue, they HAVE added all the Star Wars back catalogue), and even things you'd assume were on there because of MCU connection are weirdly incomplete, like a bunch of missing Sensational She-Hulk.

I know I’ve said that before but the amount of stuff missing on there floors me. They used to do a big load of back-catalog stuff every week, but that stopped months ago. They are missing HUGE chunks of Web of Spider-Man and Spectacular Spider-Man, almost all of Solo Avengers/Avengers Spotlight, a bunch of Daredevil and She-Hulk, nearly all of Marvel Comics Presents.....

It’s very odd that the entire run of Tigra in Marvel Chillers and all 4 issues of friggin Brute Force are up there but not a good chunk of the Conway/Buscema Spectacular Spider-Man or most of the Gerber She-Hulk

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

They're also missing large chunks of Power Pack, which also feels odd.

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

The seagull is essential.
Black Cat #2 rules so hard. The final page served us another great look after the Iron Cat armour from C.F. Villa, there were several funny lines of dialogue and the chase scene was so great, which is no mean feat considering where it's set. The guest star in this issue is a delight too!

Guest star: BATS!

This is the book I look forward to most each month, no doubt.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Yeah, Black Cat was great.

Also, :rip: Howard the Phoenix.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Did not expect a Black Panther/Nighthawk fight to be one of my favorite things this week but here we are. Glad Avengers is the kind of dumb nonsense that I prefer.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Black Cat out here bringing the best supporting character in comics back!

Baron Von Ghoulosh
Dec 16, 2005

There was a time when I fed from golden chalices,
but now...

Now, I feed as
an old man pees.

Metalshark posted:

This is the book I look forward to most each month, no doubt.

I was pretty tickled to come across this sexy variant cover of #1 today...

Meow...

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
:allears: Yeah Avengers has whipped around to be so completely dumb that I kind of like it again. The Panther/Nighthawk interaction alone sells it.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
Where's the discord?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
https://discord.gg/A6Y8FBEkrG

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/1352254626565824512

Gotta be baiting us with that name.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

:sickos:

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

I was gonna say, hopefully they’re only using the name here

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Is any Deadpool worth reading since Duggan left?

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I wasn't a fan of Scottie Young's run, and Thompson's current run is okay. However, I'm not really enjoying this monster island story arch, and it looks like that's going to stick around for a while.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I can't say I was a huge fan of Skottie Young's tenure but it wasn't anything near say a Daniel Way. Kelly Thompson's run is fantastic so far.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Between Clone Saga and this I'm wondering what year it is

How does Onslaught come back this time

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

site posted:

Cloning error, of course.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

The tagline makes it sound like it'll be following up on Counter-Earth after everyone went back to regular earth. But they already followed up on that, didn't they?

Yvonmukluk fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Jan 21, 2021

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Didn't they just do a thing where Rikki Barnes is back and it's some weird thing where Franklin made her exist in all universes kinda like the Maker?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

site posted:

they decide that since krakoa is for all mutants, that includes composite entities like onslaught (but still not maddy pryor)

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Gaz-L posted:

Didn't they just do a thing where Rikki Barnes is back and it's some weird thing where Franklin made her exist in all universes kinda like the Maker?

No, Whitley's future foundation establishes that her soul transfers to other versions of herself upon death, whether reincarnated or between universes.

E: clarity

site fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Jan 21, 2021

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

No actual info beyond the images, but I feel this would have had a lot more of a punch if they hadn't just done Infinity Warps two years ago (unless it's also somehow following up on that).

https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/1352692511261659137?s=20
https://twitter.com/CBCebulski/status/1352692512008400898?s=20

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Oh if they're bringing back ewing and infinity warps I might be interested in that

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
this is just Infinity Warps again? OK, whatever

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Just do an event that’s a cross-over of events. Infinity Warps with Axis, a dash of Secret Invasion, and throw some Fear Itself in there too. Then make the bad guy Knull again.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Doctor Doom as the Juggernaut is inspired. Reminds me of that one Thor arc where he made his own Destroyer armor.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Just do an event that’s a cross-over of events. Infinity Warps with Axis, a dash of Secret Invasion, and throw some Fear Itself in there too. Then make the bad guy Knull again.
The Al Ewing Secret Warp Annuals were basically this. The individual chapters were "Acts of War", "Inferno Gauntlet", "Days of Future Mars", "Supremeuniversal", and "Secret Infinity Warp Warps".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

:sickos:

I'm sad we never got a team-up comic for the Infinity Warps characters. Maybe second time is the charm...