Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Coffee?
This poll is closed.
Yay! 54 34.39%
Nay. 43 27.39%
O-kay? 24 15.29%
Whatever. 36 22.93%
Total: 157 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i like that the headline also leaves out that, ritz specified her leaning way towards liking women

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

The Colonel posted:

i like that the headline also leaves out that, ritz specified her leaning way towards liking women
also 'pink haired nodoka haramura,' because they have never seen saki in their lives and can think of no other adjective

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

what is the writer even trying to convey with that phrase? bizarre

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

scientist announce existence of gay people

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Endorph posted:

also 'pink haired nodoka haramura,' because they have never seen saki in their lives and can think of no other adjective
I can think of at least two

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k

Endorph posted:

What if it's implying that if her hair stops being pink she also stops being bi?

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

homeless snail posted:

I can think of at least two

Well?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Red Minjo posted:

What if it's implying that if her hair stops being pink she also stops being bi?
sounds accurate tbh

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

etopen and digital mahjong

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/stormcallart/status/1352326501627211776?s=20

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

twin tails

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

homeless snail posted:

etopen and digital mahjong

These are nouns, not adjectives.

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!
The first thing I noticed about the Saki anime was that the relationship between Saki and Nodoka felt more explicitly romantic than in the manga, and like, it’s not like the manga was subtle about it either.

I always thought it was funny that Nodoka’s special skill was being, like, actually just good at mahjong.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
its a really cool basis for nodocchi honestly, mahjong is historically a game full of superstitions but the era of online mahjong is pure number crunching and that's what it's meant to reflect

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

she does sort of get a special ability later, where she kind of nosells/isnt intimidated by other people's abilities. that said it isnt really something that puts pressure on other people and is more a personality trait.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

momentarily

homeless snail posted:

homeless snail posted:

thursday anime @ 8pm eastern. Healin Good Precure (hinata finds the final boss door episode), Mahoujin Guru Guru, and Banner of the Stars II

https://cytu.be/r/okayletswatchanime
back again, this week

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Endorph posted:

she does sort of get a special ability later, where she kind of nosells/isnt intimidated by other people's abilities. that said it isnt really something that puts pressure on other people and is more a personality trait.
its like how if you have low faith in final fantasy tactics you are immune to magic because you dont believe it exists. such things do not exist in the digital world, and nodocchi does not believe in them

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

homeless snail posted:

its like how if you have low faith in final fantasy tactics you are immune to magic because you dont believe it exists. such things do not exist in the digital world, and nodocchi does not believe in them

it's incredibly funny when people have internal narration "ah, no one will deal in to this exact setup that we know will allow this girl to summon genbu or whatever" and then nodoka does it anyways

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

did you see the etopen tile backs in mahjong soul erg?? theyre beautiful...

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

homeless snail posted:

no... mahjong soul is being rude with this collab

i don't even know how to play!!!

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

i've been training for this moment for the past 10 years

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

look at these tiles erg!!

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

fuuuuuck

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

how much is an angel cross thing

will mahjong soul take pity on me and give me the free currency for this

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

you get one per roll, so i think thats about $150 worth of sparks

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I somehow understand less of mahjong after reading saki

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

a lot of the tile backs just confuse my eyes, i need simplicity i guess

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Seeing this again... I ignored it the first time but I think I get it now.

Is this a reference to Bernie's awesome mittens in the inauguration?

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBnEOuywQ6A

FAIA
CRASH AND CRASH

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i finally beat chibi robo clean sweep. my thoguhts are that it's a way better written game than chibi robo 1 and it would be great if it didnt have some of the worst combat and most obtuse progression i've ever seen in a video game

it has a final boss against a bgi ghost guy and i absolutely hate it cause it's not like hard or anything it's just. there. and it's long. and it's boring. and it has no connection to the plot really. i would not care if it wasn't there at all and it's one of many things that made me appreciate moon more

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 07:50 on Jan 22, 2021

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
oh my god I forgot to play more Moon

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
moon's great. i think i like chulip a bit more still but moon is a close second best in that whole category of games, from devs of moon, that heavily riffed on moon. i'd put chibi at the bottom of the pile and tingle is in a weird zone where it's too much tingle to really compare as hard

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
I slam purchased Moon when it hit the eshop but I haven't booted it at all yet. I'm looking forward to when I do though.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i think the best way to go into moon is to expect it less to be A Genius Masterwork Criticism Of The JRPG Genre and more just. a pretty neat, creative adventure game made by ex-jrpg devs who joked around a lot with each other about how stupid dragon quest 1 is

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
yeah I've been meaning to play Chulip since, uh, it originally released back in the year dot but never got around to it, and now Moon is in english so I should probably play that first

I think Little King's Story is also part of that group of games and it is okay but has some weird problems

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
little king's story is yoshiro kimura trying to make a game that isn't moon and he's gotten pretty good at exploring other genres lately but it kinda took him some time. it's better than dandy dungeon at least

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
If nothing else, LKS is very cute.

Unless you're playing the Vita port.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
I wish that Funimation just worked better, I went to watch the latest episode of The Promised Netherland on their website only to be told the episode wasn't available. I then tried to watch it through the PS4 app but that played episode two with episode three's subtitles. I eventually managed to make it play properly through the PS4 app but it shouldn't be that difficult.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

homeless snail posted:

i got etopen tiles with my last summon coupon, they're great