Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

You can literally see a different demeanor in fauci because he doesn't go up there wondering if the president is gonna yell at him lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Skwirl posted:

My parents got the first dose yesterday, but they set it up themselves.

Multicare site says my mom's vaccine site is in Spokane. She lives in Puyallup :geno:

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Its Rinaldo posted:

Multicare site says my mom's vaccine site is in Spokane. She lives in Puyallup :geno:

As long as poo poo isn't going to waste in my state (which I haven't seen happening yet?) I'm going to count it as a win. Having said that all I could figure out to do was sign up with the county health department for my mom/others and hope they get a call eventually.

e: Not related to Washington, just general vaccine hardship.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Jan 21, 2021

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Its Rinaldo posted:

Oof, yeah. This was in Seattle.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Grittybeard posted:

As long as poo poo isn't going to waste in my state (which I haven't seen happening yet?) I'm going to count it as a win. Having said that all I could figure out to do was sign up with the county health department for my mom/others and hope they get a call eventually.

e: Not related to Washington, just general vaccine hardship.

The way WA gov is doing it is you fill out a survey to see what phase you are in. If you are eligible they send you an email that says you are eligible and you show that email to a vaccine provider. In the email there is a link to a listing by county of places to make an appointment to get the shot. It seems like a reasonable system, I just don't know if it is broken and there should be spots available or everything is filled up or they just don't have dosage though if Skwirl's parents got it probably not that last one.

Checking with my mom's insurance directly got me sent to that Spokane site which is a six hour car drive to the other side of the state.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Spoeank posted:

You can literally see a different demeanor in fauci because he doesn't go up there wondering if the president is gonna yell at him lol

First thing I noticed. He's so much more relaxed. Says it all really.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Spoeank posted:

lol, he looks like he's going to drive home listening to Creedence, drinking a beer, and smoking a joint

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
I was able to sign up for a queue to sign up for an appointment, assuming the state allocates more to the county. As it is, they'll be out friday.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

My company had their second COVID vaccine information presentation, which is kind of painful to watch just because of how scripted it feels sometimes (think cheesy infomercial trying to sell us on getting the shot). The good news from today imo was them saying they're planning to do it on-site and will manage getting employees vaccinated according to how we're prioritized by ability to WFH. It still means I'm last in line, but nice to not need to be proactively seeking info on when I can get it.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Getting my mom's covid vaccine done on Saturday. Had to sign up through a private company because LA County is loving garbage.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

85% of people in the country can’t agree on what loving day of the week it is, much less on whether to get vaccinated

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

pmchem posted:

85% of people in the country can’t agree on what loving day of the week it is, much less on whether to get vaccinated

Fondly remembering the bodybuildingforums thread where they couldn't agree on the number of days in a week

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Its Rinaldo posted:

Any WA goons been able to schedule vaccine jabs for their parents yet? Every place in my county I go to on the Phasephinder site to schedule a jab has no slots available in the next two months.

My Dad got both of his scheduled. He uses Kaiser. Don't know how he did it in practice though.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

pmchem posted:

He talked about that too. He clarified that there is a big “if” because they’re seeing a bunch of vaccine skepticism.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

the Pfizer shot is on track to be approved over here next month, the Moderna one is going to be trialed soon, and the Japanese government also has a deal for the AstraZeneca jab, so it's just a matter of when. I'm hopeful that the good ol' Japanese "twice as long to measure, half as long to cut" thing means they won't lose too much time, and I do trust that they'll have things organized well, but gently caress me if they're leaving it late.

especially considering that whole Olympics thing.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

If I’ve said it once, I’ve said it a thousand times - I will gladly take the place of anyone that is qualified for the vaccine but doesn’t want it. Put that poo poo in my arm ASAP.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
I would do anything for the vaccine

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Pron on VHS posted:

I would do anything for the vaccine

but I won't do that

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Silly Burrito posted:

but I won't do that

Beating No Butt Stuff to the punch on that one

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

I’m seeing all of the people I knew in high school and college that went into medicine getting the vaccine and now I’m kicking myself for not doing things like “studying” and “applying myself” in college. I guess the last 10 months of hell that was their worklife keeps me from regretting it too much, though.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Hot Diggity! posted:

Beating No Butt Stuff to the punch on that one

Might change my name for the vaccine

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Freaquency posted:

If I’ve said it once, I’ve said it a thousand times - I will gladly take the place of anyone that is qualified for the vaccine but doesn’t want it. Put that poo poo in my arm ASAP.

That's apparently what happened to a friend of mine in LA county. So many healthcare workers declined a vaccine that she qualified as part of the next group. Wild. The prevalence of antivaxxers is one thing that I very much don't miss about the west coast.

I wish we knew more about possible transmission with the vaccine. My parents want to come out in the spring after they've been vaccinated, but my wife is ultra ultra careful about the virus - she's a germaphobe who has been very much validated by the pandemic. So unless something changes before the spring she wants my parents to wait 14 days after traveling to see us and the kids. It's probably the right call, but...sigh. I hate this poo poo so much.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

No Butt Stuff posted:

Might change my name for the vaccine

What if the vaccine goes in the butt?

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

swickles posted:

What if the vaccine goes in the butt?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqfLxCFdXaE

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Grittybeard posted:

I swear I went to high school with 15 different versions of this kid, but none of them thought big enough.

https://twitter.com/ajc/status/1352307809002672130

Best bit of screwing over a retail chain I ever saw was back at Best Buy. The girls working at the service desk were notorious for just accepting things without paying attention because they didn't care and/or were too busy texting.

So a guy paid for a TV in cash a few days earlier, decides he doesn't like it anymore and brings it back.

Girl tries to pick up the box, says it's heavy and pushes it to the side. Gives the guy a refund and the guy leaves.

About 2 hours later they call us to come up front to get the TV.

The box was literally filled with rocks.

You gotta have some serious cojones to try that.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

^eh I dunno if I was sold a box of rocks I'd definitely return it! :downsrim:

shirts and skins posted:

That's apparently what happened to a friend of mine in LA county. So many healthcare workers declined a vaccine that she qualified as part of the next group. Wild. The prevalence of antivaxxers is one thing that I very much don't miss about the west coast.

Yeah my friend also got it via his girlfriend's clinic. They had so many extras that they gave em out to family members.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

My mom and stepdad's new plan is to go to the county health department 15 minutes before they close for the day. Some friends of ours did it and they got doses that were allocated for the day, but because of no shows or screening weren't given out so they just give them on a first come basis.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

MrLogan posted:

Actually most people in Pittsburgh work as panhandlers. It's such a terrible, terrible city.

Da fuq

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

gently caress him up D-LINK

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/mmfa/status/1352073053170229253

:thunk:

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011

Can he just get hit by a bus already?

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Rectal Placenta posted:

Can he just get hit by a bus already?

Shoot, I’d be thrilled if he were a casualty of a war on white supremacists, can we have that?

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

lol ‘bipartisan’ stimulus support already dead while Mitch whines about norms

Can we just see the entire GOP in a sack and toss em in a loving river already? gently caress em.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
https://twitter.com/MattBinder/status/1352300389429882884?s=20

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/007/status/1352416833815633922

that's a lot of time to die

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

So something that the potential / probable new job did not mention is I would have the title of VP on the legal team :stare:

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Hot Diggity! posted:

So something that the potential / probable new job did not mention is I would have the title of VP on the legal team :stare:

Veep Hot Diggity

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011

Hot Diggity! posted:

Well, don't mind us peons your majesty.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Hot Diggity! posted:

Fondly remembering the bodybuildingforums thread where they couldn't agree on the number of days in a week

If you like Jon Bois he does a phenomenal rundown of this called The Dumbest Boy Alive:

https://youtu.be/eECjjLNAOd4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Hot Diggity! posted:

that owns