Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

68 games unbeaten at anfield lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
lmao were such poo poo

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
VAR is amazing.

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
Jürgen *Plop*

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
dont worry jota will solve all our problems

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Hmmm seems like disrespecting Burnley was NOT a good idea

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

What an incredibly underwhelming way to end that streak, lmao

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012
Why are Liverpool bad now.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

Her Dryer posted:

im not an expert, but i believe it's beneficial to score goals to be good at football

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Frankston posted:

68 games unbeaten at anfield lol

nice

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

but yeah holy poo poo we're six points ahead of liverpool halfway through the season, we're doing it, we're becoming the lester*

*ronpaul.gif subject to frauds continuing to be bald

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Her Dryer posted:

http://backpagefootball.com/why-liverpool-wont-win-the-premier-league-this-season/126313/

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

Is caffeine here a euphemism for PED's to avoid legal action, or are these teams actually making their players take extremely high doses of caffeine? wtf

I like the idea of Jamie Vardy doing no training and instead having five red bulls funneled down his gullet before a match though. I now 100% believe this is what happens.

Bardeh fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Jan 21, 2021

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me

thank you, enjoyed this insane (and possibly completely true) article

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Bardeh posted:

Is caffeine here a euphemism for PED's to avoid legal action, or are these teams actually making their players take extremely high doses of caffeine? wtf

Probably 50/50 tbh

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Bardeh posted:

I like the idea of Jamie Vardy doing no training and instead having five red bulls funneled down his gullet before a match though

that vardy chugs a full-sugar red bull before a game and then another one at half-time is something I've heard from multiple sources

weep bitter tears into your sports nutrition degrees

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
Thank you, that cheered me up. Also got me excited about next year’s tech.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Bardeh posted:

I like the idea of Jamie Vardy doing no training and instead having five red bulls funneled down his gullet before a match though. I now 100% believe this is what happens.

Caffeine is absolutely a performance-enhancing drug. It's in every preworkout on the market for good reason. Of course clubs are using it as part of their sports science/doping cycles.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
oh my god klopp was wrong
they were virgil all along

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

god. i want to loving die

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
At least we are hitting the bust cycle after winning the title this time.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
now watch Kloppo becoming his nasty self again, he's going to melt down

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

oliwan posted:

now watch Kloppo becoming his nasty self again, he's going to melt down

I was expecting this too. But his post match interview was very....un Klopp like.

I guess we will see what he says before the next game, he could do with shutting the gently caress up.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Eau de MacGowan posted:

oh my god klopp was wrong
they were virgil all along

united's player of the year is a dead heat between bruno fernandes and jordan pickford at this point

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

FullLeatherJacket posted:

united's player of the year is a dead heat between bruno fernandes and jordan pickford at this point

Lol

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

CyberPingu posted:

I was expecting this too. But his post match interview was very....un Klopp like.

I guess we will see what he says before the next game, he could do with shutting the gently caress up.

The thing with Liverpool is that it ruins every manager eventually. The last manager who didn't leave absolutely broken by the job was... Paisley?

Every player has gone off the boil at once and it's hard to know when or if they'll get back to being as good as they used to be. Squad players are either just not good enough, like Origi and Shaqiri, or perpetually injured and unable to contribute strongly, like Keita and Ox.( Arguably, some of the squad players - including the ones I just mentioned) are both of those things.)

When you combine that with FSG trying to be "sensible" businessmen and not making massive transfer expenditures during a pandemic-driven economic downturn, I am pretty resigned to basically seeing a struggle to stay in the CL (that might still fall flat on its face) and letting everybody get their banter jollies in. And they're entitled to that because I'm sure LFC fans have been really especially unbearable the past couple of seasons.

I hope Klopp stays, but I wonder if this is a bit like his end time at Dortmund when everyone just ran out of gas.

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!
You said 'seasons' when you meant 'decades'

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Bardeh posted:

He uses the phrase caffeine "and other substances" a lot in there.

I find it completely plausible even if you don't assume they're all on the juice Red Bull all day every day and need a season off before their hearts explode. Klopp's football, when it works, is crazy high-energy and demands a ton of effort, the players have been playing out of their skins for the last 2-3 years making it to two CL finals, being a point off City two seasons ago, and then doing that insanity last season, and then Covid hit and the season got all messed up and there was barely a break or an offseason to recover.

The players look absolutely exhausted and the club didn't sign enough new players to inject new energy. Jota looked like our best player for a while, probably for this exact reason, and injuries and fixture congestion aren't helping because it means fewer players playing more games. They look tired, out of ideas, and off the pace a lot of the time, and that means that where last season they might have had the little bit of extra energy and mental sharpness to pick out the one pass that will get through a packed defence, this season they don't have that.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Mmm get hosed Bruce keep the goals coming Villa

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
i hate bruce and the fact every pundit is still fuucking talking about newcastle supporters having unrealistic expectations

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Jose posted:

i hate bruce and the fact every pundit is still fuucking talking about newcastle supporters having unrealistic expectations

I liked Chris Waddle saying that Bruce needs more time to get Newcastle playing the way he wants to even though Bruce has been in charge for like 18 months now.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

Jose posted:

Benitez is leaving Dalian Pro. I'm curious to see where he ends up.

He's got a magnet for the worst owners possible, so wherever he ends up is going to be a doozy, I'm sure.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Grealish is a twatty little retard

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Grealish is what hahaha?!

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->

Bape Culture posted:

Grealish is a twatty little retard

don't sign your posts

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
look at grealish's cunty :qq: face lol

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

oliwan posted:

look at grealish's cunty :qq: face lol

Look at Grealish's what?!?!

Niric
Jul 23, 2008

Jose posted:

It's unrealistic to expect to be not tediously poo poo when Bruce is your manager, so maybe the pundits are right???

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Niric posted:

It's unrealistic to expect to be not tediously poo poo when Bruce is your manager, so maybe the pundits are right???

would be fair if they didn't also call bruce a top, top manager

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Congrats Newcastle fans, Bruce has reached the stage where he can serve up just the most unwatchable appalling poo poo every week but get a point away at <in-form side> and keep his job for another month. He's never leaving