Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
Was... there not an election in '08?

That might eb what I'm getting confused about, I thought Brown won one in '08 after Blair resigned, then lost the next one.

I've never lived in a swing seat, apart from the one that turned out to be a lib/con swing seat that one time.

E: 129 years ago in 1892, JRR Tolkein was born.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Borrovan
Aug 15, 2013

IT IS ME.
🧑‍💼
I AM THERESA MAY

Labour x5, yes to AV, no to Brexit :smug:

Can't definitely say I wouldn't have fallen for the lib dems if I didn't live in a lab/tory marginal with a solid anti-war MP at the time, but I definitely didn't trust them in 2010

Ewan posted:

2005 Lib Dem
2010 Lib Dem
2015 Labour
2016 Remain
2019 I messed up my proxy vote so didn't vote (but would have voted Labour)
Tory in 2017, huh?

(I jest, I jest)

Surprise T Rex
Apr 9, 2008

Dinosaur Gum

Mr Phillby posted:

Buttered Weetabix is how I always had them as a child. I always considered them thick crumbly crackers.

I too love eating food with the texture of wood shavings.

Niric
Jul 23, 2008

thespaceinvader posted:

Was... there not an election in '08?

That might eb what I'm getting confused about, I thought Brown won one in '08 after Blair resigned, then lost the next one.

Nah, there were rumours for ages that one was going to happen, presumably via leaks from browns team, but they got cold feet and back away from it

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Meanwhile in other news:

Apparently not only has Biden chucked out the bust of Churchill, he's installed one of Mexican American farm labor leader Cesar Chavez.

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/01/21/us/cesar-chavez-bust-oval-office-trnd/index.html

Farage is frothing apparently.

Joe Biden: Who are you?

Cesar Chavez: The spirit of Cesar Chavez.

Joe Biden: Why do you look like Cesar Romero?

Cesar Chavez: Because you don't know what Cesar Chavez looks like.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
Gob Eiden

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Mr Phillby posted:

Buttered Weetabix is how I always had them as a child. I always considered them thick crumbly crackers.

Never understood why you'd have them with milk, thats what Shredded Wheats are designed for.

Never was fancy enough to put marmite on though.

Same man, same.

But I also had it as cereal but ONLY with piping hot milk so it formed a proper mush. Cold milk and weetabix is degenerate and not to be encouraged

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
I remember when beefy did the shredded wheat ads on the television

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
asdurs raspberry wheaties (mini shredded wheats with magical raspberry in) are top notch imo :yum:

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
I really want some shredded wheat now

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

You cereal likers are all sickoes imo. Never liked them even as a kid.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
Haven't done it for a while but in the depth of my depression I could happily eat a whole packet of weetabix chocolate chip minis dry from the packet.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

The Question IRL posted:

Joe Biden: Who are you?

Cesar Chavez: The spirit of Cesar Chavez.

Joe Biden: Why do you look like Cesar Romero?

Cesar Chavez: Because you don't know what Cesar Chavez looks like.

Some Faragists are going bonkers because they think Cesar Chavez is the same as Hugo Chavez

Rash:

After weeks of umming and ahhing, and before all the sales finish on Sunday, I just ordered a micro-sofa (a 'love seat' - all that will fit in my place) for £244 including delivery - don't have to pay council tax (£115 pm for 10 months) for Feb & Mar. The camping chair visitors have to use is splitting and my main chair is disintegrating but I'm hoping it will peg out for another few months.

Just looked on the site, I had the last one. I already had one go 'out of stock' while I was pondering and 19 weeks delivery time on most of them.
This one should arrive within a couple of weeks.

Jaeluni Asjil fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Jan 22, 2021

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Haven't done it for a while but in the depth of my depression I could happily eat a whole packet of weetabix chocolate chip minis dry from the packet.

same but frosted shreddies

also whoever decided to discontinue ricicles is going straight to hell, gently caress that person :mad:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
What we are learning is that the Irish are hosed up deviants and their attitude to Weetabix was reason to expel them

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
buddar up dat weedabix bajaysis :bahgawd:

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Convex posted:

same but frosted shreddies

also whoever decided to discontinue ricicles is going straight to hell, gently caress that person :mad:

what the gently caress there's no Ricicles any more? this loving world

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

I do not recommend White Chocolate Coco Pops. They are sickly sweet.

#i_tried_them_so_you_don't_have_to

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
:rip: ricicles in cereal heaven along with kellogs just right and corn pops

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

I vaguely remember when we moved to the UK when I was a kid I thought Weetabix was some sort of British joke food, it just seemed too perfectly on-the-nose dreary and old-fashioned

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
i like the cinnamon cereal but its too expensive

nationalise fancy cereal

Shyrka
Feb 10, 2005

Small Boss likes to spin!

HopperUK posted:

what the gently caress there's no Ricicles any more? this loving world

They got axed when the sugar tax came in.

Too sweet for this world.

No joke, I literally had a dream about buying a big box of Ricicles like a week ago and was sad when I woke up.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
do they still do all bran? my god that made breakfast torture

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

crispix posted:

corn pops

Wait they were real? I thought Biden made them up

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
and the

and the

the hairs on my legs, there

like a COCKROACH

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

crispix posted:

:rip: ricicles in cereal heaven along with kellogs just right and corn pops

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
joke's on y'all, corn pop is head of the deep state now :hehe:

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

There must be a Ricicles knock-off somewhere. Tell me there is. :(

Wolfsbane
Jul 29, 2009

What time is it, Eccles?

You can just put sugar on rice crispies you know.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
i could make one maybe

just get me some rice crispies, sugar and a blow torch

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Cheerios are the best cereal

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded

Shyrka posted:

This is fun.

2001: Labour. Won locally and nationally. This was before Labour got all crazy authoritarian under the War on Terror.
2005: SNP. Lost locally and obviously nationally. I don't really remember much here but Labour by now was pretty terrible and I wanted out.
2010: LibDem. Lost locally but kind of won nationally? Not what I wanted, but eh. Cleggmania had a lot of people fooled.
2012: AV ref, loss. He needs a baby not an alternative voting system!
2014: Independence ref, loss. Better Together indeed.
2015: SNP. Won locally and I'll say won nationally as in just in Scotland.
2016: EU ref, loss. Sorry did I say Better Together earlier? Lol.
2017: SNP. Lost locally and obviously nationally. Corbyn hadn't been in long enough to get me excited with memories of the Edstone still fresh in mind and Labour have no chance in my constituency.
2019: Labour. Lost locally and nationally. I knew Labour didn't have a chance but I thought I'd at least move the needle. It did not move.

Not fun but it is a journey

2010: Lib Dem, hated the Labour government for hurting the poor while helping the rich and Clegg seemed a more principled option
2012: AV, even printed out my own homegrown flyers and went round the doors putting them in letter boxes. Thought it was wierd that there weren't easily findable/saveable jpegs of graphs saying AV is good
2014: Indy, couldn't vote obviously but memed online supporting independence because if anyone can hypothetically escape these death cult loving tories/nu lab cunts then god bless em take my energy
2015: Greens, actually did door-knocking for Labour because a girl I liked was doing it but in the polling booth got a sudden mental pop-up saying "Remember The Iraq War" and voted Green, then enthusiastically joined the party and actually ended up doing paid campaign work for them. The party management are absolute useless arseholes but will give the party credit that they pay the local living wage even when they could probably get away with not doing that and they do promote internally. Joined Labour after Corbyn won the leadership
2016: Khan, knocked on doors and regardless of how he's turned out anyone who didn't feel at least a bit inspired by Khan is a robot
2016: Remain, it was the obvious better option but accepted the result and was never culturally a "Remainer"
2017: Labour, went canvassing not on my own for once but with my dad and sister and we helped turn our constituency red for the first time in history. Amazing days, the establishment media pricks were screaming that Labour were doomed for caring about the poor but we spat in their loving eyes and won it
2019: Labour, canvassed again but it felt dogshit, rejecting the eu ref result very obviously meant that a massive loss was imminent and I felt like a fake bitch trying to encourage other people to keep doing activism

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Ministers could pay £500 to everyone with Covid in England

JFC, way to apply perverse incentives to means testing :stare:

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

TACD posted:

Ministers could pay £500 to everyone with Covid in England

JFC, way to apply perverse incentives to means testing :stare:

I can see a bunch of people who think this is 'just the flu' rushing out to catch it to get their £500.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
what happened to that gobshite anyway

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

crispix posted:

what happened to that gobshite anyway

Which particular gobshite?

BalloonFish
Jun 30, 2013

Fun Shoe

Shyrka posted:

This is fun.

If we're doing this:

2005: Conservative (Local win in a deep blue rural constituency, national lose)

[Insert local elections while I was living in Bristol, in which I voted LD and Green. Can't remember the years, can't even remember if they won or not now]

2010: Conservative (Local and national win. Appalled at myself in hindsight for helping Cameron into power, but at least it was in a seat that was always going to go blue)

[2011: Didn't vote in the AV ref. Didn't really care, slightly lent to AV so chalk that up to a soft lose]

2015: Labour (local and national lose)

2016: Remain (local and national lose)

2017: Labour (local and national lose)

2018 (local): Labour (local win, council lose)

2019: Labour (local and national lose)

At least no one can say that my shift leftwards is out of some desire to back the winning side!

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

Kelloggs Start were absolute top tier cereal. They were marketed as a healthy cereal 'cause they were made with whole grain but they were coated in a sugary shell, but not so thick etc. as to make them too sickly sweet.

Sadly they discontinued them in 2018, which probably makes sense because nobody I ever mentioned them too had tried them.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
People who eat breakfast are for the watching

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Niric posted:

Nah, there were rumours for ages that one was going to happen, presumably via leaks from browns team, but they got cold feet and back away from it

It's been mooted a number of times that Brown should have called an election in 2008, and that he probably would have won. Dragging it out to 2010 cost him support, especially after the crash hit and the Tories could blame him for it.