Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: GhostofJohnMuir)

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

do goats provide anything other than milk and potentially meat?

They are picky eaters so they will weed gardens or fields as long as you're not growing anything that is tasty to a goat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

perepelki
Dec 11, 2020

know before Whom you stand

thatbastardken posted:

Butler is 5 and big sister Suzy is 9

omg it feels like just yesterday he was a tiny grublet. i love the fairy jackals
also this

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

just finished playing far cry 5. got it for cheap and thought the story couldn't suck that bad. i was wrong tho. video games are for children simply because they're made by children, my god.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

https://twitter.com/ColMorrisDavis/status/1351164251830935558

This is the politics tweet to beat in 2021.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

R. Mute posted:

just finished playing far cry 5. got it for cheap and thought the story couldn't suck that bad. i was wrong tho. video games are for children simply because they're made by children, my god.

some dadchat poster loved far cry as a gimmick. i think it was volkerball?

on one hand the surveillance state and war on terror are bad, on the other hand sending madison cawthorn to gitmo would be deeply satisfying on a purely personal level

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

some dadchat poster loved far cry as a gimmick. i think it was volkerball?

It was indeed vb and I think he stared into that abyss long enough that it became less of a gimmick and an earnest love for the series.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

to sum up my experience playing far cry 5:

you're a cop. you get dropped in rural montana to arrest a cult leader. things go bad. you end up in some guy's bunker, only to get booted out and never seeing him again until the very last scenes. then you shoot up a bunch of people, run into a bunch of offensive stereotypes. you lionise militias, preppers, ultranationalists, fascists in general - but you're fighting a cult, remember? once you've killed enough people, the game grinds to a halt, the cultists you've been moving down with ease are automatically able to capture you and you have to endure a boring rear end cut scene where one of the main bad guys gets to monologue a bit about some poo poo i didn't listen to. and now you're back, you're killing all over again, but no! you've hit the kill limit again and are punished with another cutscene. do this two more times and you have to do a little end boss mission where one of the bad guys gets to monologue some more. now multiply this by three because there are three regions. finally you have to fight the big bad guy who you defeat with the power of friendship (not a joke) but then he sets off some nukes i guess and you're forced to live in a bunker with him as his weird rear end child bride THE END

perepelki
Dec 11, 2020

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
https://twitter.com/getfiscal/status/1351620648733442048?s=21
👆

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
feeling pretty good today. now i can start praying that biden doesn't gently caress it up

perepelki
Dec 11, 2020

biden should get a nobel prize imo

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
he should be in jail

wisconsingreg
Jan 13, 2019

perepelki posted:

exmarx posted:

he should be in jail

keep reading biden as bidet

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

perepelki posted:

I notice you didn’t say which one

Epinephrine
Nov 7, 2008

Pirate Radar posted:

I notice you didn’t say which one
Literature. Simply not tweeting constantly has made for an epic read. It has redefined the very concept of art.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

perepelki posted:

Biden and Obummer get Nobels but pissbaby Trump just cries lol.

Bring back the Correspondant's Dinner and have a roast of Trump (What's he gonna do, lose again?)

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

do goats provide anything other than milk and potentially meat?

cheese

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

Kalit posted:

:swoon: Cuuuuuuuute!! I would love to see that catpack in action

id post a pic but i dont want to out myself to the world

atriptothebeach
Oct 27, 2020

Martha Stewart Undying posted:

im finally doin it guys

im gettiing a goat

atriptothebeach
Oct 27, 2020

Epinephrine posted:

Literature. Simply not tweeting constantly has made for an epic read. It has redefined the very concept of art.

litany of gulps
Jun 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Also, aren't goats covered in fur? Anything with fur can be harvested. And they have hooves? Last I checked, glue is still valuable.

America Inc.
Nov 22, 2013

I plan to live forever, of course, but barring that I'd settle for a couple thousand years. Even 500 would be pretty nice.
If we really want humanity to survive into the future, I think we need to come to an understanding that the lives of humans in the future are equal to those of the present. Political ideologies often focus on the equality and well-being of those alive now. If you treat people alive now as superior to those of the future, then of course you're liable to create a situation where future humans are harmed or even made extinct by the decisions of their ancestors. It's like losing weight: you make sacrifices in the now to ensure the well-being of your future self because you want your future self to be healthier, you show respect to a future self. Humanity can't survive if it doesn't respect its future "self".

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
sure, but given that our society condemns millions of presently existing humans to an early death in order to goose quarterly profits, i'm not too optimistic about society giving a whit about future lives any time soon

and the current global obesity crisis lends even more pessimism vis a vis your analogy

i have nothing to base this on, but i kind of assume the amount of cheese you can make from one goat can't be all that much. isn't it one of those things where the weight and volume decrease by an order of magnitude once you remove most of the water in the whey?

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Had to clean ~30cm off my car after work today. Its still snowing and could drop another 10-20cm by tomorrow.

Guess I shouldnt complain since the land isnt in a constant state of being on fire like some other places.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
actually it's raining now, so we should be good for at least a month or two

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
lol i just saw this ad

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
the ethan hawke john brown miniseries kicks rear end

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

https://twitter.com/erinscafe/status/1353216313523539969

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

kals, you've posted a lot of sick, and i mean sick, poo poo over the years, but nothing will beat the words "healthy eating can't get easier" displayed over video of an orifice glistening with lubricating oil making GBS threads out an egg log

perepelki
Dec 11, 2020

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

an orifice glistening with lubricating oil making GBS threads out an egg log
i begin to dance

perepelki
Dec 11, 2020

i've taken up smoking cigarettes

another battle won in the war on drugs

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
where you live, don't they put pictures of diseased lungs on the cigarette packs

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

where you live, don't they put pictures of diseased lungs on the cigarette packs

Dont know about Australia but theyve been doing that in Canada since the early 90s.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
actually thinking about it, i've never bought cigarettes, so we could do the same thing here for all i know

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
https://twitter.com/lukeappleby/status/1353571534355357697?s=21

god i hate these freaks

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

The cyberpunk dystopias written in novels of the past seemed way more fun than the one we are actually heading towards.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

gently caress yeah, can't wait to jack-in to eSpace

also have to admire a man who deliberately gets his bare feet into an interview photo

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!
D&D in a single tweet:
https://mobile.twitter.com/itsa_talia/status/1353811547760549888

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

https://twitter.com/LilySimpson1312/status/1353674278722392066

We've discovered a new type of Guy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

actually thinking about it, i've never bought cigarettes, so we could do the same thing here for all i know

iirc it's left up to the states here so of course it's all over the place who does it