Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

How Wonderful!

I only have excellent ideas

Kief Richards posted:

I will never again know the joy of eating a soft pretzel among friends, absolutely roasting every member of the cast of Empire Records

Post-COVID making a giant asterisk shaped soft pretzel so me and all my friends can each start eating one prong and then share a lil kiss in the middle

-sig by Manifisto! goblin by Khanstant! News and possum by deep dish peat moss!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BoldFrankensteinMir

Wednesday, January 20, at Midnight GMT / 7 Eastern / 4 Pacific, join us in http://psp-tv.com/r/BYOBmovies for another night of quality discount AV product: It's Coupons & Deals Movie Nite!!! With feature length* movies!
*This week's films only technically qualify by the loosest possible standards as "feature films", they are neither truly feature-length nor do they consist entirely of original footage, they are both gigantic cheats and can you imagine paying to see a movie and getting one of these? I'd be pissed.

First up, another Hungarian/international cartoon VHS cassette probably best used to prop up a couch, 1988's Felix The Cat The Movie

More "the" for your buck than any other movie that year! I kinda wish it was Felix the Cat: the Movie, but whatever, punctuation is expensive, at least it's a full color poster. If you thought last week's Hungarian animated feature had a weird lineage, this one is American-German-Hungarian-Polish-Bulgarian-Canadian according to its painful Wikipedia page. Poor Tibor. We might double this film's all-time viewership tomorrow night.

Then, because Felix the cat the Movie isn't even a full 80 minutes we're gonna watch an even cheaper (somehow) cartoon cat movie!!! Heathcliff the Movie!

Now that's a poster. Not as much "the" as Felix the Cat the Movie, but ten times as much dead space. Big savings not having Heathcliff do anything either!

Seriously this is one of the cheapest cheap-out BS excuses for a movie ever and I haven't even seen but five minutes of it yet: Heathcliff the Movie is a "package film" made up of episodes from the Heathcliff TV show- the SECOND Heathcliff TV show thank you, the one by DIC so it's animated like Inspector Gadget. It has Mel Blanc and he's super old and kinda sad to hear because they pitch-shift it and it's not his best work, I dunno. This movie makes me profoundly sad, I can't wait to riff it apart.

Phew. What a litter-tray of movie nuggets we have this week, friends. And, in a bizarre twist, both of the youtube links we'll be using are blocked in Spain, so I'll have a backup film ready in case everyone turns out to be from Spain / it turns the Spaniards were just ahead of the curve on these dangerous 1980's cartoon cat movies and the rest of the world wises up by Wednesday. Or something. Plus shorts and fun! See you there!

Sig by Heather Papps

Goons Are Gifts

HELL YEAH MAN
Felix and Heathcliff are among my absolute favorite names

Leraika

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
I seem to recall watching the heathcliff movie at one point; time to find out if that was a fever dream/false memory!!!

*also the alvin and the chipmunks movie, the animated one? they were in a hot-air balloon????

BoldFrankensteinMir

Leraika posted:

*also the alvin and the chipmunks movie, the animated one? they were in a hot-air balloon????

Yeah, in a race around the world against the Chippettes for some Bluth-glowy maguffins. There's another one where the Chipmunks meet Frankenstein's monster but it's much lower budget.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Really looking forward to seeing for a refund for these free terrible movies!!!!

alexandriao

How Wonderful! posted:

Post-COVID making a giant asterisk shaped soft pretzel so me and all my friends can each start eating one prong and then share a lil kiss in the middle

s/how wonderful!/how delightful!/

biosterous

http://psp-tv.com/r/BYOBmovies

shorts have started! main feature starting soon! click on the link i dare u

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

Heather Papps

hello friend

holy poo poo i have a soreness in my face from trying to process felix

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

BoldFrankensteinMir

biosterous posted:

http://psp-tv.com/r/BYOBmovies

shorts have started! main feature starting soon! click on the link i dare u

Aww thanks for updating the thread bios, you rock!

As promised, links about Heathcliff:

https://theoutline.com/post/4084/the-internet-oddballs-who-think-the-heathcliff-comics-are-deep?zd=4&zi=7qfuxwez
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5x8Ad3VS6cQ&feature=youtu.be

Sig by Heather Papps

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Heathcliff is a bad man

BoldFrankensteinMir

Kief Richards posted:

Heathcliff is a bad man

I was really disappointed in Heathcliff's politically incorrect racial stereotype cats aplenty. I'm right behind you in line for that refund.

Sig by Heather Papps

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

BoldFrankensteinMir posted:

I was really disappointed in Heathcliff's politically incorrect racial stereotype cats aplenty. I'm right behind you in line for that refund.

We are going to prosecute head writer of Heathcliff Alan Swayze in a court of law for making a cartoon cat be bad when he was supposed to be for children.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Here is Alan Swayze's IMDB:

https://m.imdb.com/name/nm0842020/

biosterous

my headcanon is now that, when he worked on Fraggle Rock, they taught him not to use racist stereotypes and then he stopped (and thus did not taint Reboot when he worked on it)

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

BoldFrankensteinMir

Tonight! Thursday the 21st at midnight GMT in http://psp-tv.com/r/BYOBmovies a special BYOB movie night presentation, for those too scared to brave the cultural dissonances of cartoons from our friends in the land of the rising sun. We're watchin' a anime friends! Unico!!!!

Thanks to Leraika for the recommendations AND for helping pick out the correct posters!

Yes, The Fantastic Adventures of Unico, who if I remember correctly is the international standard for computerized text glyphs. I can't wait to see why the consortium picked just one kind of quotation marks and not the other, forever exposing which one of your coworkers ctrl+v 'd their report from Microsoft Word!!!

Of course I'm joking, it's about a unicorn or something, I dunno. And there are 2 sequels (more like 1.5 but the little one has Astroboy in it and it's about recycling!!!!) so who knows, if anybody's interested maybe we'll just binge on classic anime tonight. Why not???

See you there!

BoldFrankensteinMir fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Jan 22, 2021

Sig by Heather Papps

Leraika

Second poster is from Adventures of Unico, first is from the sequel. :eng101:

BoldFrankensteinMir

Leraika posted:

Second poster is from Adventures of Unico, first is from the sequel. :eng101:

Corrected! TY!

Edit- I am seriously considering watching 4 hours of Unico tonight, because the clips I have seen from Unico Saving Our Fragile Earth, the final special with Astroboy as the "time fairy" that was made specifically for showing in the super cool Osamu Tezuka museum in Kyoto are mind-blowing. My eyes turned giant and shimmered with ten+ highlights.

BoldFrankensteinMir fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Jan 21, 2021

Sig by Heather Papps

Leraika

I am super excited to see the astro boy thing so I'd be up for that.

BoldFrankensteinMir

Cartoons (from distant lands) have begun! http://psp-tv.com/r/BYOBmovies

Sig by Heather Papps

Heather Papps

hello friend

Khanstant

Khanstant

Leraika

Thank you for these arts.

blaise rascal

"Duke, Duke, Duke, Duke of Pearl...."

Leraika posted:

Thank you for these arts.

ty vanisher, ty khanstant

Heather Papps

hello friend

unico is...

i have no words besides i love you unico, and you love me!

BoldFrankensteinMir

Thanks Khanstant! A fan before tonight, I take it?

Sig by Heather Papps

Khanstant
nope never heard of it and for the whole first movie i was still listenoing to some album by some band orange goblin i never heard of so the first movie was just weird visuals for some new album to me. lord kuruku was crazy and that was a dope little movie

BoldFrankensteinMir

oh well, even cooler then! Yeah I enjoyed them too.

I can never keep track of all the names in the theater, haha.

Sig by Heather Papps

Heather Papps

hello friend

gonna just listen to this till i fall asleep
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Puc0ukl3HIQ

Manifisto

it was great learning the origin story of UNIQLO and I will be sure to shop there more often!

but seriously it was fun bfm, thanks!

ty nesamdoom!

Prof. Crocodile

unico :unsmith:

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Even I, an anime hater, enjoys Unico. Sorry I couldn't be there, there's stuff IRL happening that had to get taken care of first.

my cat is norris

#onecallcat

what is the next movie

i'm sad i missed unico

norris, custodian of cat named
Attorney-in-fact of Norris, Cat Named Thereof

BoldFrankensteinMir

my cat is norris posted:

what is the next movie

i'm sad i missed unico

The next movie has not been determined yet! I usually decide the morning of, but Saturdays are good movies and January is animation month, so that narrows it down a bit. Recommendations are always welcome!

And Unico is indeed mighty; I'm very glad we were not frightened away entirely by its national origins because I really enjoyed last night. I'm taking the better path, time fairies! I swear!!!

Sig by Heather Papps

my cat is norris

#onecallcat

I'll keep an eye on the thread! I am new to BYOB and am only here because I wisely followed an intriguing advertisement.

blaise rascal

"Duke, Duke, Duke, Duke of Pearl...."
that second unico movie was terrifying (in a good way (but surprisingly so))

ty vanisher, ty khanstant

How Wonderful!

I only have excellent ideas
Sang the cat song making tea this morning.

-sig by Manifisto! goblin by Khanstant! News and possum by deep dish peat moss!

BoldFrankensteinMir

my cat is norris posted:

I'll keep an eye on the thread! I am new to BYOB and am only here because I wisely followed an intriguing advertisement.

Welcome to the 'Yob, new friend! We're glad to have you aboard!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my cat is norris

#onecallcat

How Wonderful! posted:

Sang the cat song making tea this morning.

i'm a cat

and that's why i sing

sing a song

a song of meow meow meow

BoldFrankensteinMir posted:

Welcome to the 'Yob, new friend! We're glad to have you aboard!

:tipshat: