Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

not an emptyquote, but an emptyquote

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Is that John Wick or Old boy?

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
thats the iconic john wick fight in a knife warehouse scene, its loving amazing

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Fatty Crabcakes posted:

Is that John Wick or Old boy?

john wick 3

I remember thinking at the time "hmm seems like a waste of knives"

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Oh, I've not seen any of either and not going to the except for "john wick but Bob Odenkirk" whenever that comes out

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Jonny 290 posted:

thats the iconic john wick fight in a knife warehouse scene, its loving amazing

lol the bit before where he builds a gun up from parts in the gun cabinet and I was oh man he's got to click click it next to his ear :cool:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGGJq2aAMpY

Watched The Good The Bad and The Ugly a fair few times with pops when VHS was a new thing, its an old favourite.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

NoneMoreNegative posted:

lol the bit before where he builds a gun up from parts in the gun cabinet and I was oh man he's got to click click it next to his ear :cool:

There is actual gunlore behind that too. Revolvers have a property called 'timing' which basically encapsulates the action of the mechanisms that rotate the cylinder, then lock it, then allow the hammer to rise and fall.

One of the most renowned Big Pistols, the colt python

has absolutely garbage timing specs, meaning that everything in the pistol has to be in impeccable, clean shape in order to cycle and fire properly. You can get a used Python for like 300 bucks and you will spend 800 bucks at a gunsmith having them fix the revolver such that it actually Works and is reliable.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

infernal machines posted:

it's incredible, because what you used to get were dvd "re-releases" that were straight up VHS transfers from some 20-year old rental tape someone found in a wet basement

being able to really see the incredibly low cost effects, costumes, and sets makes it so much better

luckily some movies were so poorly archived the streaming copy is straight from vhs complete with tracking errors
thats always a fun treat

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Jonny 290 posted:

There is actual gunlore behind that too. Revolvers have a property called 'timing' which basically encapsulates the action of the mechanisms that rotate the cylinder, then lock it, then allow the hammer to rise and fall.

One of the most renowned Big Pistols, the colt python

has absolutely garbage timing specs, meaning that everything in the pistol has to be in impeccable, clean shape in order to cycle and fire properly. You can get a used Python for like 300 bucks and you will spend 800 bucks at a gunsmith having them fix the revolver such that it actually Works and is reliable.

Clean Harry

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
<will not gunchat derail past this>

everybody thinks that revolvers are 'the reliable gun' but they're actually garbage for that. if you want a reliable pistol you get a browning hi-power or a beretta 92. 1911's require revolver-tier gunsmith work to run right because they were designed by an insane mormon in 1910. You want a weapon that fires when you want, you buy a mil pistol.

I have a beretta 92a1 as god intended

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

Jonny 290 posted:

<will not gunchat derail past this>

everybody thinks that revolvers are 'the reliable gun' but they're actually garbage for that. if you want a reliable pistol you get a browning hi-power or a beretta 92. 1911's require revolver-tier gunsmith work to run right because they were designed by an insane mormon in 1910. You want a weapon that fires when you want, you buy a mil pistol.

glocks are a thing, too

basically guaranteed to fire every time you pull the trigger, even if it’s a poorly maintained service weapon, pointing at your leg

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
(old sig)

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

PCjr sidecar posted:

glocks are a thing, too

basically guaranteed to fire every time you pull the trigger, even if it’s a poorly maintained service weapon, pointing at your leg

the glock-22 is a super popular backcountry handgun here

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

PCjr sidecar posted:

basically guaranteed to fire every time you pull the trigger

lmao look at this 20th century thinking while I'm over here with my Taurus 24/7

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fn6GFSwTEw&t=12s

NoneMoreNegative fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Jan 21, 2021

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

NoneMoreNegative posted:

lmao look at this 20th century thinking while I'm over here with my Taurus 24/7

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fn6GFSwTEw&t=12s

how did you get this private video of me in high school

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

i wonder could you make a gif where it’s the guy throwing his shoe at bush but it hits and smashes the cybertrukkk window instead

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Fatty Crabcakes posted:

Oh, I've not seen any of either and not going to the except for "john wick but Bob Odenkirk" whenever that comes out

why would you deprive yourself of joy

Jonny 290 posted:

gently caress yeah, same. any neat upgrades I should get

also Westworld update: lol so Crimean insurgents have access to satellite based anti personnel munitions and use them to target four American front line troops? what kind of idiot runs that organization

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
the writers of tv's westworld, unfortunately

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

indigi posted:

why would you deprive yourself of joy
Because I don't really like fighty and/or shooty man movies 🤷🏻‍♀️

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
still on episode 7, when did Dolores’ motivation change from making a place for the hosts she rescued from Delos to helping humans free themselves from their AI overlord? she just says it like we’ve known it the whole time

e: god Maeve loving sucks poo poo this season. what a dunce. what a mark. I hope Dolores rips her loving head off

also lol Ed Harris’s character with the wildly stupid decision

e2: god this poo poo is just so insanely lazily written, it’s still getting worse halfway through the finale. Marshawn Lynch loving owns though, and Evan Rachel Wood is a smokeshow despite her changing hair length

lol they gave Dolores the Samwise Gamgee speech

indigi fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Jan 22, 2021

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/seanoconnz/status/1352384973974589441

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
Bustin' makes me, well, you know.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i saw the pokémon movie in the cinema i bet most young animen and aniwomen can’t make that claim :smugmrgw:

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

I've just started watching the TV adaption of A Perfect Spy and one of the actors is called "McAnally" lol (the book is incredibly good)

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

"You can see how they go from being so sweet to tearing your face off,
just like that,
and it's amazing to have that range."

Thunderdome Exclusive

expanse is crushing it with two left for the season. i think the only other drama in the past 10 years to grab me, and also stay good is Mr Robot. everything else has been self indulgent bullshit like westworld.

i cannot believe that they made the last season of game of thrones so bad that literally nobody i i know has brought up rewatching it even with the infinite free time from covid

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

it's really quite incredible how badly they detonated that show. went from global phenomenon to not a single peep. just dead

weren't there supposed to be like four different spinoffs? oops. lomarf

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

oh drat RIP Mira

https://variety.com/2021/tv/news/mira-furlan-dead-babylon-5-lost-1234890117/

That's no age to go these days.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Sagebrush posted:

it's really quite incredible how badly they detonated that show. went from global phenomenon to not a single peep. just dead

weren't there supposed to be like four different spinoffs? oops. lomarf

ive never seen something so popular fade away so quickly. maybe avatar?

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
comes out soon

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

echinopsis posted:

comes out soon

nobody cares. that’s the thing

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
C-popcult-Js: Is one obligated to accept the Critic/Simpsons cross-over as being Critic-canonical?

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Schadenboner posted:

C-popcult-Js: Is one obligated to accept the Critic/Simpsons cross-over as being Critic-canonical?
no

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

Casual Encountess posted:

i cannot believe that they made the last season of game of thrones so bad that literally nobody i i know has brought up rewatching it even with the infinite free time from covid

fart simpson posted:

Lost, BSG maybe?

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Sweevo posted:

Lost, BSG maybe?

i still have friends who like lost and talk about it fondly. i dont think bsg was ever that popular.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

fart simpson posted:

yeah its avatar for sure. it was the biggest movie ever and it disappeared the second everyone had seen it

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Shaggar posted:

yeah its avatar for sure. it was the biggest movie ever and it disappeared the second everyone had seen it

it was only big because of the 3D garbage

once people saw it at home, they realized it was mediocre sci-fi ferngully at best

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
lost imploded so badly the joker makes fun of it in one of the batman video games

bsg always had limited appeal and only big nerds got super mad at the ending, today it's generally considered good but flawed not a complete disaster like the other stuff we're talking about

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"

fart simpson posted:

i still have friends who like lost and talk about it fondly. i dont think bsg was ever that popular.

it was very popular but shat the bed so hard on the last season plus the ending it died quickly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyHXzYTuLi4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Mad Wack posted:

it was very popular but shat the bed so hard on the last season plus the ending it died quickly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyHXzYTuLi4

the only people i ever heard talking about bsg were star trek nerds and this one old biker woman i worked with