Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/gnader/status/1351928698975383554

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

We are unfortunately still at the “burnt to a crisp by a nuke but still alive” stage of this analogy

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Trump was more like Cartaggia anyways.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Endless Trash posted:

We are unfortunately still at the “burnt to a crisp by a nuke but still alive” stage of this analogy

The note Trump left Biden was just "THE ASCENSION OF THE ORDINARY MAN" over and over again.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

Just leaving this here.

Dirty
Apr 8, 2003

Ceci n'est pas un fabricant de pates
All the comments seem unsure if this is a hoax or not, but:
https://twitter.com/FurlanMira/status/1352421126496894976

With a similar post on what appears to her Instagram account:
https://www.instagram.com/p/CKU_x3dp9MZ/?igshid=j62uk0cus4ug

The quote feels a little, well, scripted. But these are on what seem to be her feeds, and her site seems to have suddenly disappeared, whatever that means.

I guess we'll know more soon. :(

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Dirty posted:

All the comments seem unsure if this is a hoax or not, but:
https://twitter.com/FurlanMira/status/1352421126496894976

With a similar post on what appears to her Instagram account:
https://www.instagram.com/p/CKU_x3dp9MZ/?igshid=j62uk0cus4ug

The quote feels a little, well, scripted. But these are on what seem to be her feeds, and her site seems to have suddenly disappeared, whatever that means.

I guess we'll know more soon. :(

It’s not unheard of for people to have instructions to post a final prepared message to their website posthumously. I remember Robert Anton Wilson had one, years ago.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Considering how many replies saying it's a hoax have been hidden by the tweet author, seems like a hoax to me.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Not a hoax. https://twitter.com/straczynski/status/1352465912255770624

:smith:

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

gently caress.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
God dammit.

Old Boot
May 9, 2012

Buglord
Came here for this.

I don't cry at celebrity deaths but this one hit me hard.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

The thing itself is tragic enough, the idea of Peter Jurasik being the one to deliver the news to everyone is for some reason extra tragic to me.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Considering how many replies saying it's a hoax have been hidden by the tweet author, seems like a hoax to me.

Well, this take aged poorly.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Well, this take aged poorly.

Don’t worry about it, it’s a coin toss at best a lot of the time.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Rest in light Mira.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!
Haha this sucks

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

The curse strikes again :smith:

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
Was prepared to see a discussion of more of JMS's notes, forgot for a moment what is usually the cause of this thread getting many new posts :smith:

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

gently caress.

gently caress. :smith:

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Old Boot posted:

Came here for this.

I don't cry at celebrity deaths but this one hit me hard.

Same

gently caress

Ripley
Jan 21, 2007
This is such sad news.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

It seems that Mira had been hospitalised for some time. Nobody had said anything because there was some small hope that she'd rally, but sadly it didn't happen. I'm guessing that it was cancer.

And now Peter Jurasik is the only surviving principal cast member of both the pilot and the series.

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.
Thank you, Mira Furlan. You will always be remembered.

Torrannor posted:

Was prepared to see a discussion of more of JMS's notes, forgot for a moment what is usually the cause of this thread getting many new posts :smith:

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Jedit posted:

It seems that Mira had been hospitalised for some time. Nobody had said anything because there was some small hope that she'd rally, but sadly it didn't happen. I'm guessing that it was cancer.

And now Peter Jurasik is the only surviving principal cast member of both the pilot and the series.

drat. Some exec is going to greenlight a bluray remaster of the whole series 'and can we get the old cast in to do a commentary on the best episodes?' and a minion is going to have to level with them.

SuperTeeJay
Jun 14, 2015

Jedit posted:

It's a bit unbelievable that Mira Furlan, who died at 65, had the longest life of the many deceased cast members. The curse is strong.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

Jedit posted:

That makes the fact that he was the one to break the news to JMS even worse, goddamn.

Terrible news.

head58
Apr 1, 2013

We’re going to record a remembrance episode for our podcast this weekend. What are some of your favorite Delenn moments (other than “If you value your lives, be somewhere else” of course).

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

Going into the plague area in Confessions and Lamentations

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

head58 posted:

We’re going to record a remembrance episode for our podcast this weekend. What are some of your favorite Delenn moments (other than “If you value your lives, be somewhere else” of course).

Asking Ivanova for help with the... Hair situation.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Eating popcorn like she's never seen popcorn before.

I think that was her.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

head58 posted:

"Then the Council must be broken!", of course. But also making it rain on the White Star, and coming out of seclusion in The Deconstruction of Falling Stars.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

The chat with G'Kar when she reveals the conspiracy of light

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

fuuuuuuuuuuuiuuick.

This hits hard.

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm
gently caress.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down
I wasn't ready for this when I opened up my newsfeed.

Iymarra
Oct 4, 2010

Survived AGDQ 2018 Awful Games block!
Grimey Drawer
Jesus, 'Sleeping in Light' is going to be even worse on the emotional hamstrings now.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

head58 posted:

There were a lot of scenes in Season 1 where she carried this subtle sense of menace. Like there was this one interaction she had with Dr. Franklin. I don't remember exactly.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

head58 posted:

When Teller tells the joke to Delenn when they meet for the dinner
The initial puzzlement, then laughing, then grabbing them pulling them to the table as if they were best friends.

Always blew my mind of the concept of what aliens would consider humor. This was an excellent way to show it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kwatz
Aug 14, 2008

Damnit damnit damnit.