Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

bows1 posted:

Superliminal is worth a play through if you can find it cheap, although its definitely not on the level of Portal. I've never played Talos Principle but it looks awesome. Gotta get that.

Im looking forward to Maquette as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPOTTL8rA08

Talos Principle is fantastic, easily one of the best puzzle games I've ever played, and the environment and scraps of story are dope as hell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Molly millions... Finally
I knew that reminded me of something.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

bows1 posted:

Superliminal is worth a play through if you can find it cheap, although its definitely not on the level of Portal. I've never played Talos Principle but it looks awesome. Gotta get that.

Im looking forward to Maquette as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPOTTL8rA08

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7MVb_rv5sQ

Statik is PSVR-only but it's strongly Portal-flavored and does some brilliant things with the gimmick

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
I adore resident evil games but 3make just felt like a lazy sloppy cash in on the success of 2make, totally did not capture the spirit of the game in the same way

(note:i did not play it i only watched a stream of it, gently caress paying full price for a 5 hour game)

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

JollyBoyJohn posted:

I adore resident evil games but 3make just felt like a lazy sloppy cash in on the success of 2make, totally did not capture the spirit of the game in the same way

Sounds like it did capture the spirit of RE3 after all. :smugdog:

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

JollyBoyJohn posted:

(note:i did not play it i only watched a stream of it, gently caress paying full price for a 5 hour game)

I just saw a tweet saying that the people who made the RE3 remake have had their role in the RE4 remake reduced and it's being taken over by Capcom Division 1 (whatever that means).

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
What did they remove from 3make? I thought the complaint was that it was a faithful, if rather uninspiring, upgrade of a game that wasn't really very good in the first place

A turd in 4k is still a turd

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

It’s not a turd??? It’s good

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

Quantum of Phallus posted:

It’s not a turd??? It’s good

are there any games you actually don't like?

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

What the hell is wrong with RE3?! It's not the best RE game, sure, but it's hardly a bad game.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Nier, anything by Ubisoft, Borderlands. Plenty

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

You're a monster

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

Simone Magus posted:

What did they remove from 3make? I thought the complaint was that it was a faithful, if rather uninspiring, upgrade of a game that wasn't really very good in the first place

They got rid of the entire clocktower area, but that's not really what I dislike the most about it. The place was no big loss. My major problem with it is that the game feels rushed - and not in the sense of feeling incomplete or half-baked, but rather in the sense that it's always rushing you somewhere. It's the video game version of the Resident Evil movie adaptations, basically speaking: full of action and high-speed whatevers in a series that isn't really all that well-suited to it even when it tries its hardest to be. RE2make is perfect because it really emulates that sense of slow and mostly unrestricted exploration that defined RE2. RE3make feels like the game has no confidence in any given location so it would rather that you move on as fast as possible no matter what you're doing.

Basically, despite being properly speaking twice as long as the original Nemesis, it still feels like it's happening on fast-forward, and that's just lovely-rear end style for a survival horror game.

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish

Nier, anything by Ubisoft, Borderlands. Plenty

I keep thinking about loading up STEEP again that game is so good.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Simone Magus posted:

people were also very upset that they didnt bring back live events, which was honestly the only unique thing to RE3

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Simone Magus posted:

It was almost completely different from RE3, no clock tower, stripped down Racoon City, much expanded hospital section, no choice parts that change the order of events, final area is a rip off of NEST from 2 that wasn't in the original at all, Nemesis only exists for chase set pieces and bosses etc

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Simone Magus posted:

I mean it'd be quicker to list what they kept

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

JollyBoyJohn posted:

I mean it'd be quicker to list what they kept

all the foxy ladies love carlos

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

anything by Ubisoft

:hfive:

(even though i just started South Park: Fractured But Whole again bc I'm an unapologetic diehard SP fan and realized it's by Ubisoft)

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

R3make was okay but not nearly as good/memorable as the 2 Remake.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Bust Rodd posted:

this game will awaken something very deep and very dark in a lot of subs and it’s gonna be funny to watch the internet absorb that

it already has, check out the thread of all the official resident evil tweets from the past week.

PlushCow
Oct 19, 2005

The cow eats the grass

exquisite tea posted:

A game's playability is not the same as its overall quality, although the two can be related. I thought Ghost of Tsushima was kind of a mediocre 7/10 experience but there's no denying its moment to moment gameplay was more engaging than Cyberpunk 2077, a game I ended up liking more overall.

I am playing through Ghost of Tsushima now and yeah a solid 7/10 experience, reminds me kinda of Days Gone, lots of room for improvement but the gameplay loop is fun and engaging and I'd really like to see what they'd do in a sequel.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I'd call it an 8/10 games for the sheer prettiness of the visuals alone, but the comparison to Days Gone is otherwise not unjustified - very competent, but in no way original.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Disagree, the melee combat was unique and extremely satisfying. There are not other open world games with satisfying melee combat to the degree that is on display in Sushi Ghost. Absolutely anyone can look and feel like a total badass, and the duels are an extension of that, equally unique and engaging.

I wouldn’t give it a 10/10 (for story issues) but I’m very comfortable calling it a 5/5 and probably the best open world game on the PS4.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Absolutely not unique except for the iaito "samurai showdown" moments. Stance-based combat was already done by Nioh. It's excellent combat, but not an original take on it.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Bust Rodd posted:

I wouldn’t give it a 10/10 (for story issues) but I’m very comfortable calling it a 5/5

I think that's still overselling it, its more of a 4/4 game

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Cardiovorax posted:

Absolutely not unique except for the iaito "samurai showdown" moments. Stance-based combat was already done by Nioh. It's excellent combat, but not an original take on it.

Nioh is a COMPLETELY different genre of video game though, I’m specifically talking about open world games.

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES

Is there any good hidden gem first person puzzle games on PS4?
I love stuff like Talos Principle, Portal and the puzzle elements of Resi7.

Paper Beast is really cool, but it’s VR only on PS4, but a non VR version just came out on PC. Also, not a first person game, but Gorogoa is incredible, it’s one of the best puzzle games I’ve ever played.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Simone Magus posted:

Talos Principle is fantastic, easily one of the best puzzle games I've ever played, and the environment and scraps of story are dope as hell

Did you ever play The Witness? If not, play The Witness.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Bust Rodd posted:

Nioh is a COMPLETELY different genre of video game though, I’m specifically talking about open world games.
Yeah, I suppose it's unique in that particular combination. I was just speaking more generally.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS
I'll agree that GoT and Days Gone gave me the same sort of vibe; I actively enjoyed playing them, I looked forward to playing them, I engaged with the story, I engaged with the gameplay, I actively recommend people play both, I actively want sequels to both, and I don't know that I'd ever play through either game again.

Neither game had a particularly earthshattering story, neither had particularly earthshattering gameplay, neither did anything particularly novel or exciting, but both nailed their aesthetic, the systems all meshed, and it was a fun ride. Both were an experience.

Now, take Jedi: Fallen Order 2, use the fighting and open world of GoT, and the vehicle engine from Days Gone, and give me an open world Jedi game where I'm tooling around on a swoop bike, just kinda wandering into bad guy camps and saying 'Hey, let these folks go, and move along, OK?' then serenely chopping them into itty bitty bits when they decline.

Cardiovorax posted:

Absolutely not unique except for the iaito "samurai showdown" moments.

Nah, there's been things like that going all the way back to the C64. Brave Fencer Musashi also comes to mind.

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Bust Rodd posted:

this game will awaken something very deep and very dark in a lot of subs and it’s gonna be funny to watch the internet absorb that

Hannibal's Evil Village :haw:

Still clinging on to hope of an eventual fourth season :negative:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Bust Rodd posted:

https://twitter.com/xavierck3d/status/1352410092944072706?s=21

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/resident-evil-4-remake-overhauled/

LOL

mtwo: people didnt like how we hosed around with re3 too much, re4 will be very faithful just with new gfxs and shooting while movin'

Capcom: NO, PEOPLE MUST SUFFER, WE WILL ASSUME DIRECT CONTROL AND MAKE RE4 UNRECOGNIZABLE MWHAHAaaaaaàaaa

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Oh poo poo

https://www.gamesradar.com/amp/metal-gear-solid-cast-reunion/

"The Metal Gear Solid cast recently got together on one big Zoom call for what Solid Snake is calling "an epic reunion" that will "rock your world." "

I've only been trolling with those rumours, but uhhhhhh might... be... something to it!?!

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Vikar Jerome posted:

Oh poo poo

https://www.gamesradar.com/amp/metal-gear-solid-cast-reunion/

"The Metal Gear Solid cast recently got together on one big Zoom call for what Solid Snake is calling "an epic reunion" that will "rock your world." "

I've only been trolling with those rumours, but uhhhhhh might... be... something to it!?!

I'll take anything with those beautiful people. It's funny, David Hayter is always writing movies or whatever, but we barely hear his glorious voice in recent years. Little bit in Bloodstained, but never enough for me.

On the RE4 remake, I'm one of those guys who just doesn't feel a need for one. It holds up really well, has nice high res ports in every platform ever, etc. But, Capcom gonna do what they gonna do. Just feels like resources that could be used better elsewhere to me.

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time

Vikar Jerome posted:

LOL

mtwo: people didnt like how we hosed around with re3 too much, re4 will be very faithful just with new gfxs and shooting while movin'

Capcom: NO, PEOPLE MUST SUFFER, WE WILL ASSUME DIRECT CONTROL AND MAKE RE4 UNRECOGNIZABLE MWHAHAaaaaaàaaa

A straight remake of 4 would be better than 3 Remake, but I'm still more interested in what the people who did 2 Remake can do with it, because that game was incredible.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Please add VR to the RE4 remake

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Vikar Jerome posted:

LOL

im glad capcom has been reading my emails

Randallteal posted:

A straight remake of 4 would be better than 3 Remake, but I'm still more interested in what the people who did 2 Remake can do with it, because that game was incredible.

this link seems to imply that capcom wanted something more like resident evil 2 remake so i think this ruin remake 4 thing is being a bit overblown. which is too bad. because i told them to ruin it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Man, these Yakuza 5 taxi missions are fun