Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Thanks!! Perfect

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nordichammer
Oct 11, 2013
Split Pad Pro owns. My only two complaints are no vibration and does not naturally fit into switch carrying cases.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
the split pad pro does own, but i've noticed after using it a ton now that the R-button is getting a little finicky. i don't think this is something anyone else will even run into, but i've played a lot of monster hunter and it uses the R-button a lot so it kinda feels like i've managed to somehow wear it out..? it still works but i gotta press it down a harder to get it to register

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

JollyBoyJohn posted:

I played some handheld switch in bed (a rarity) for like 15 minutes last night - what an awful experience - the joy cons felt like they were gonna slide off and at one point the console lost connection to the controllers and froze for a few seconds till the "push shoulder buttons to connect controller" screen came up.

0/10 will not play undocked again

I just got a new grip, the skull n co crystal case and man this thing OWNS. It has swappable grips, you get three pairs: a slim pair that doesn't mess with the profile too much but I personally don't care for, a bigger pair that feels extremely roomy and comfortable and feels a lot like a traditional controller, and another large one with a notch so it feels like a "trigger," I really like this set as well and is the one I've used the most. I thought I would like the second pair without the notch more but I really like the little trigger notch as it gives my fingers something to wrap around.

I had another cheap grip case with built in grips which helped, but man this is a world of difference. This feels robust and more closely mirrors the experience of using a pro controller. Ooh and the grips come in all joycon colors so you can order specific ones and mix and match as needed, mine match the stock red and blue and it looks pretty dope

you can even dock the switch while you have the case on, though I would rather take it out first just in case it impacts heat management.

The grip was 20 bucks on Amazon and it's an absolute game changer if you like playing handheld. I never tried their older versions but I love this year's model with the removable grips and cannot recommend them enough

KingSlime fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Jan 22, 2021

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

I think basically everyone who does Ring Fit agrees that the squats are unreasonable because of the way the leg controller detects your position and how the hold time/number of reps scales as you increase the difficulty. None of the other exercises bother me at max difficulty but squats are just different. The ones that occur just while running a course are fine but I refuse to put any squat variation in my set of attacks voluntarily.

Squats are great. Wide squats, overhead squats, regular squats. I have all three in my Ring Fit rotation pretty much all the time. The hold time is rough but you get better at it!

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

External Organs posted:

Is there some kind of accessory that would let me attach the switch like on some kind of swivel thing above my bed or a next to a chair so I can super lazy and not even hold it with my hands?

I'd probably use the pro controller etc.

Help me goons!

Tablet gooseneck holders are life changing

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Pretty sure theres a breath of the wild joycon with a regular dpad

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

dantheman650 posted:

Squats are great. Wide squats, overhead squats, regular squats. I have all three in my Ring Fit rotation pretty much all the time. The hold time is rough but you get better at it!

Depends on how your legs are shaped.

Thing doesn't register as an acceptable squat for me until my buttcheeks are literally touching the ground.

Pinched a knee tendon once or twice coming up out of those.

Lester Shy
May 1, 2002

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

JollyBoyJohn posted:

I played some handheld switch in bed (a rarity) for like 15 minutes last night - what an awful experience - the joy cons felt like they were gonna slide off and at one point the console lost connection to the controllers and froze for a few seconds till the "push shoulder buttons to connect controller" screen came up.

Are you sure your joycons were seated correctly? On my Switch, you can slide the JCs like 90% along the rail and play, but they won't lock-in until they're 100% seated. Once they snap into place they're totally secure.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Len posted:

Tablet gooseneck holders are life changing

Do you have a recommendation? I bought one a few months ago and it just broke and I'm bummed out about it.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Twelve by Pies posted:

The Pixel Toad in Ghost Gallery Gambit was some serious bullshit. I nearly had to look up a walkthrough.

I'm almost at the end of the main story for Captain Toad and it's been really fun. A lot of cool and interesting designs, some levels are a bit tricky but overall it hits that sweet spot for me of not being too easy or too frustrating.

So, I had heard the negatives and positives of Sword/Shield and was debating buying them a while back. Now I know Pokemon rarely has anything beyond the basic semblance of a plot, so it's not like I expect award winning writing, but someone was talking to me about the plot of S/S and how much it really irritated them. This was the explanation they used:

"Do you remember in Gold and Silver when you get to Azalea Town, you see Team Rocket hanging around? You talk to people in town and find out that they're cutting the tails off Slowpokes and selling them. As a good kid who wants to help the Slowpokes, you go into the Slowpoke Well and fight a bunch of Team Rocket grunts and chase them out of the town.

"So, if Gold and Silver were like Sword and Shield, what would happen is you'd show up in Azalea Town and see Team Rocket. Immediately Lance would show up and say 'Oh don't worry, I'll take care of Team Rocket, you just go and find the gym.' And you'd never get to fight Team Rocket or save the Slowpokes, because Lance would do everything for you."

To me, that's absolute garbage. The player should be allowed to have adventures and do cool things, not take a backseat while some other guy does everything. Again, I don't expect fantastic writing from Pokemon, but that is an enormous step down from previous games.

That said, everything else about the game seems mostly fine. Except for their betrayal of Furret.

It's a mixed bag. I actually do kind of appreciate the take that you're one in many who just travels around beating gyms, seeing a regular cast of opponents does add to that feeling, and even if you do always crush them and every gym, it's made pretty clear everyone just does that. It certainly makes it feel like this is just a Pokémon game, and you're just some trainer. (Eventually there'll be a bigger Hero Story, that sort of sneaks up on you in the worst way possible.)

The story still actually does suck, but it was an interesting take even if it failed completely.

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

Is Demon's Tilt worth grabbing if you have even a slight interest in pinball? Finished up Yoku and need more lol. Or should I use the money for some tables in fx3? I really like the aesthetics.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

elf help book posted:

Do you have a recommendation? I bought one a few months ago and it just broke and I'm bummed out about it.

I bought the cheapest one off Amazon

minya
Sep 7, 2004

SUN RA WAS HERE IN HIS ELEMENT
he invited me back for a ride

elf help book posted:

I have the Tryone thing linked a little bit up-thread and can confirm it is fantastic. I've had it for several years and have had no problems with it.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005
Haven’t seen this one yet:

https://twitter.com/Raulferkid/status/1351943297611153411?s=20

JollyBoyJohn posted:

If they actually felt like they could slide off the latches (on the joycons) might be jacked up. Related note: if you ever drop the Switch, that little plastic latch piece might be sacrificed. One of mine still technically clicks in, but it’s loose enough that I can slide it off without the unlock button.

Al-Saqr posted:

that's what the literal other game in this cartridge is gonna have and you can also buy Odyssey and 3D all stars for your relaxing time.
There’s a timer in 3D World like the 2D games so no you can’t just indefinitely explore...although most of the time it’s more than enough cause the level design.

Morpheus posted:

Have any of you who complain (justly) about the lack of a dpad on the joycons tried using a modded joycon that uses one?

I'm not dpad connoisseur or anything so I can't really judge on its quality, but other than being surprisingly loud and clicky, I like it.
As a dpad connoisseur it’s kinda bad, but it depends how you use a dpad. The big issue is the lack of pivot, so if you keep your thumb on center and kinda mash/tilt around, you can end up with messy inputs as you change directions. If you have a lighter touch and float your thumb or something it could work though. I don’t know if they’ve changed the design of the mod since I got mine a while back so maybe they added it? (I forget if there was even theoretically space for a pivot)

I also have the Hori dpad one, it...doesn’t feel great, but it works. Last I remember it felt a bit high and mushy, but never actually had a problem using it in practice. I just wish it had wireless so I could use it regularly or with the Flip Grip.

Social Animal posted:

Is Demon's Tilt worth grabbing if you have even a slight interest in pinball? Finished up Yoku and need more lol. Or should I use the money for some tables in fx3? I really like the aesthetics.
Yeah it’s solid. Keep in mind it’s only one table so you might have to be into the high score chase/mastery side of pinball to really get into it. My only real issue is that it’s pretty small visually, like I wish you could zoom in more, and something with the camera movement feels like it makes it slightly harder to track than it needs to be. Flip Grip definitely helps on handheld.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

minya posted:

I have the Tryone thing linked a little bit up-thread and can confirm it is fantastic. I've had it for several years and have had no problems with it.

Cool, I will "try" that "one" haha

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Wrestling Revolution is good. I may pick it up after trying the demo last night.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

elf help book posted:

:blastu:

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT

JollyBoyJohn posted:

that's supposed to happen. the joy cons are supposed to fall off and not work

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

SeANMcBAY posted:

Wrestling Revolution is good. I may pick it up after trying the demo last night.

I did not know there was a demo.

Might be givin' this one a try.

Science_enthusiast
Dec 2, 2018

TECH(no) WOMBLE

His twitter is hard to follow because he is so constantly on the defensive. Has he added some fixes/features?

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

is the sex scandal mechanic meant to be bad because it seems hilarious

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

I found the exact same thing at Five Below for $5. I use it for my kid's iPad while they are on Zoom for school

https://www.fivebelow.com/products/tablet-clamp-stand

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Astro7x posted:

I found the exact same thing at Five Below for $5.

They had a wheelbarrow full of amiibo 2 for $5 once when i was there

minya
Sep 7, 2004

SUN RA WAS HERE IN HIS ELEMENT
he invited me back for a ride

elf help book posted:

Rack em... five will get you twenty

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop
I think at this point leaked nudes are more likely improve your reputation

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

The Bloop posted:

They had a wheelbarrow full of amiibo 2 for $5 once when i was there

Every time I've gone there they have the unwanted Animal Crossing Amiibo with like... Lottie.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

Science_enthusiast posted:

His twitter is hard to follow because he is so constantly on the defensive. Has he added some fixes/features?
There was a day 1 update to add story stuff, otherwise some recent posts have shown traditional double team moves coming back and more turnbuckle attacks. I saw an interview mentioning booking mode will be coming, open world at some point, and generally just going to be updated with additions for a while.

grieving for Gandalf posted:

is the sex scandal mechanic meant to be bad because it seems hilarious
The random poo poo out of nowhere is great. You have all these normal transaction news then stuff like that mixed in occasionally. My career is in its second year and there’s been like two guys die so far. Not by my hands.

Psycho Sid possibly got paralyzed in a match I was in though. He hurt himself doing a move off the top turnbuckle :colbert:.

Also now I’m partners with Goldust and wearing matching outfits to look more like a team.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

japtor posted:

Psycho Sid possibly got paralyzed in a match I was in though. He hurt himself doing a move off the top turnbuckle :colbert:.

drat too real

japtor
Oct 28, 2005
Holy poo poo I never knew about his injury :tinfoil:

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

ColdPie posted:

I could be wrong, but my recollection is that FF10 refills your HP and MP after every battle anyway.

Anyway, 10 and 12 are my favorite FFs, however I played them over a decade ago, so I can't say whether they hold up today or not.
I'm fairly certain you're wrong. I remember needing to get to a save crystal to replenish HP/MP.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Twelve by Pies posted:

To me, that's absolute garbage. The player should be allowed to have adventures and do cool things, not take a backseat while some other guy does everything. Again, I don't expect fantastic writing from Pokemon, but that is an enormous step down from previous games.

I'll say that I actually liked the idea that you were chosen to do the Gym Challenge and that's it. You're an athlete. It's not your job to save the world, and the only reason you get the Legendary is because you were basically dragged into it. You're not a child that stumbled into Team Rocket's secret base or saved a CEO. You're not some kid who started a journey to collect monsters and just happened to stop a death cult on the way to the Elite Four. Your adventure, your cool thing, this time around is your personal journey, and the end goal is to crush your best friend's dreams.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i think that wouldve been fine if they had made the gym challenges deep and/or cool and not clearly have run out of time by the time we got to raihan

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
I can understand that logic to it but if that's the case there shouldn't have been an evil team at all. We've spent seven generations battling evil teams because we were forced to/are rebelling against them/are a good kid who wants to save the world. If you want to scale it back and not do that kind of story, just don't have an evil team. Because what's the point of having one if the game isn't supposed to be about that? They want to have a different story but added an evil team why, because it's just tradition?

If you add an evil team and have a guy going "I'll go take care of them, you just sit here and do something else" then for a lot of people (like me) they're going to go "gently caress that I want to do stuff too." Hell, just have super hero dude fighting the bad guys solely be on the news. Don't even have your player meet any of them. Just "they exist but you won't meet them because your story isn't about them." Sort of like how Shazam had newspaper clippings talking about Batman and Superman, but (aside from the ridiculous last scene) they didn't show up, they weren't mentioned constantly, and nothing from any of the movie had anything to do with them aside from "Hey, yep, they exist, but they aren't important, because this story is about this kid."

Takoluka posted:

this time around is your personal journey, and the end goal is to crush your best friend's dreams.

That's more or less how X/Y was, and at least when Lysandre pulled off the "Oh don't worry about Team Flare, I'll take care of them" he was just bullshitting to try and get you to stop meddling in his plans.

Anyway I finally had to look up a walkthrough for a couple of things in Captain Toad, mostly the gold mushrooms from the last bird boss fight, as well as the Odyssey desert world.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Inferior Third Season posted:

I'm fairly certain you're wrong. I remember needing to get to a save crystal to replenish HP/MP.

You're probably right, maybe I'm thinking of status effects not carrying between battles or something. Dunno.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Twelve by Pies posted:

I can understand that logic to it but if that's the case there shouldn't have been an evil team at all. We've spent seven generations battling evil teams because we were forced to/are rebelling against them/are a good kid who wants to save the world. If you want to scale it back and not do that kind of story, just don't have an evil team. Because what's the point of having one if the game isn't supposed to be about that? They want to have a different story but added an evil team why, because it's just tradition?

If you add an evil team and have a guy going "I'll go take care of them, you just sit here and do something else" then for a lot of people (like me) they're going to go "gently caress that I want to do stuff too." Hell, just have super hero dude fighting the bad guys solely be on the news. Don't even have your player meet any of them. Just "they exist but you won't meet them because your story isn't about them." Sort of like how Shazam had newspaper clippings talking about Batman and Superman, but (aside from the ridiculous last scene) they didn't show up, they weren't mentioned constantly, and nothing from any of the movie had anything to do with them aside from "Hey, yep, they exist, but they aren't important, because this story is about this kid."

That's more or less how X/Y was, and at least when Lysandre pulled off the "Oh don't worry about Team Flare, I'll take care of them" he was just bullshitting to try and get you to stop meddling in his plans.

Anyway I finally had to look up a walkthrough for a couple of things in Captain Toad, mostly the gold mushrooms from the last bird boss fight, as well as the Odyssey desert world.

The thing there isn't really an evil team. The one you encounter are just fans of another trainer.

That's it. No real evil plans. And the "true" villain is just lame, unsurprising, but not really revealed until the very end so you really don't have an underlying plot to it. In theory just being a trainer is fine, but it's handled so poorly.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

ColdPie posted:

You're probably right, maybe I'm thinking of status effects not carrying between battles or something. Dunno.

I think poison persists but everything else clears.

FFX is my favorite and I can't friggin remember for sure!

Weedle
May 31, 2006

my wrestler got accused of sexual assault like three weeks into the career mode. it made his popularity go down by three points

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

100YrsofAttitude posted:

The thing there isn't really an evil team. The one you encounter are just fans of another trainer.

Ah see I didn't know that, I assumed Team Yell were the standard "evil team up to no good."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Weedle posted:

my wrestler got accused of sexual assault like three weeks into the career mode. it made his popularity go down by three points

This is unfortunately very accurate