Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

muscles like this! posted:

Jimmy Olsen 9

Jimmy Olsen 10

Who's the guy Jimmy is talking to? Testicle Man?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Lobok posted:

Who's the guy Jimmy is talking to? Testicle Man?

The Porcadillo obviously.=

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Random question: Has anyone made a "Nigma balls" joke about the Riddler in an official book?

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Bucnasti posted:

Elsa Bloodstone droppin truth bombs.

So why is Rogue a lighthouse? Did she absorb the powers of Krakoa or something, and decide the hubrid of a mutant-human and a mutant-island is a mutant-building?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Elfface posted:

So why is Rogue a lighthouse? Did she absorb the powers of Krakoa or something, and decide the hubrid of a mutant-human and a mutant-island is a mutant-building?

She's better now. It was magic Otherworld bullshit. Jubilee's kid is a dragon.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
excalibur is weird, which is as it should be.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Mr. & Mrs. X #6 (2019)

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
A lot of that issue is great, because it's Rogue and Gambit throwing a housewarming for their N.Y. apartment after their honeymoon.

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

Elfface posted:

I assumed it was a joke about the Annihilation movie

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Rogue was turned into a statue that was briefly the beacon of a lighthouse. I can't remember the tree thing, but there was a lot of poo poo involving trees in Excalibur.

She's better now.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need
We need a Frog Thor and Frog Captain Britain team-up.

Backup story can be Goose Captain Britain and Howard.

The Duck, not Robert A.

Although GCB/RAH would be pretty surreal.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
Okay, I need this now, what's the best way to catch up to all of current X-Men (or at least as much of it as possible)? This is such pure, condensed what-the-fuckery that I want to know as much of it as possible, and bring it up whenever viable.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Cleretic posted:

Okay, I need this now, what's the best way to catch up to all of current X-Men (or at least as much of it as possible)? This is such pure, condensed what-the-fuckery that I want to know as much of it as possible, and bring it up whenever viable.

it begins with House of X and Powers of X, pretty sure there's a trade that collects all of it in the appropriate reading order, after that just read all the series that came after it (except Fallen Angels you will miss literally nothing of importance other than like, one plot point in Hellions if you skip Fallen Angels)

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Cleretic posted:

There's a full XoS hardcover coming out 2/10 I think. It is $100 though. Before that you should read the House of X/Powers of X collection to start off at least. From there I would just read whatever X books interest you in addition to the main line. Marauders is my personal favorite but it's largely a matter of taste.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

I think in order of importance of books for metaplot between HoxPox and X of Swords,

1) X-Men
2) Excalibur
3) Hellions (though only one or two books were published before XoS)
4) Marauders
5) X-Force
6) X-Factor (again only one or two issues were published before the crossover, and those don't really affect it at all)
7) Wolverine
8) any random book from the vast collection of back issues
9-10 million) see 8
10 million and 1) Fallen Angels

Edit, I forgot Cable, probably goes either right before or right after Marauders

jng2058 posted:

Forgot New Mutants too.

gently caress, just ahead or behind of X-Force probably.

Air Skwirl fucked around with this message at 08:29 on Jan 23, 2021

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

ImpAtom posted:

I will never not be pleased when I see the KraVan or Cat Thor.

Did someone say Cat Thor?

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Skwirl posted:

I think in order of importance of books for metaplot between HoxPox and X of Swords,

1) X-Men
2) Excalibur
3) Hellions (though only one or two books were published before XoS)
4) Marauders
5) X-Force
6) X-Factor (again only one or two issues were published before the crossover, and those don't really affect it at all)
7) Wolverine
8) any random book from the vast collection of back issues
9-10 million) see 8
10 million and 1) Fallen Angels

Edit, I forgot Cable, probably goes either right before or right after Marauders

Forgot New Mutants too.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

Proteus Jones posted:

That issue was so good :allears:

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

Proteus Jones posted:

I always smile seeing this, because it 100% captures the feel of the absolutely petty-rear end bullshit my brother and I would do to each other growing up to piss each other off

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Our Flag Comics #2 (1941)
Yes, that's all it takes to deactivate his powers.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
The Flag is one child's crass joke away from being totally destroyed, anyway.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Darthemed posted:

Our Flag Comics #2 (1941)
Yes, that's all it takes to deactivate his powers.

Our Flag Comics is unionically that comic Cap drew, but with 'Liberty Bonds' replaced with 'Flag' isn't it?

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
re: rocky and bullwinkle, the cartoon to the displayed comics is pretty much 1:1. it's also worth noting that the rocky and bullwinkle cartoons are even more of a variety show than the comics. in addition to dudley doright and snidely whiplash as a side project, there's a lot of just "this grimm's fairy tale but more silly and hilarious" sketches that are referred to as "fractured fairy tales". they're fantastic and the show definitely holds up today, not the least of which is because the rocky and bullwinkle portions of the show are serials from a time where serials were practically unheard of.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Coolguye posted:

re: rocky and bullwinkle, the cartoon to the displayed comics is pretty much 1:1. it's also worth noting that the rocky and bullwinkle cartoons are even more of a variety show than the comics. in addition to dudley doright and snidely whiplash as a side project, there's a lot of just "this grimm's fairy tale but more silly and hilarious" sketches that are referred to as "fractured fairy tales". they're fantastic and the show definitely holds up today, not the least of which is because the rocky and bullwinkle portions of the show are serials from a time where serials were practically unheard of.

Also the Aesop and Son segments where Aesop tells his son a fable and his son always sees a different (usually bizarre) moral than what was intended.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
It should definitely be pointed out that Cat Thor showed up in Mighty Thor #3.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
forsooooth

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
If Cat Thor isn't in that Loki series I'm calling up Disney and giving them what's for

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Phy posted:

If Cat Thor isn't in that Loki series I'm calling up Disney and giving them what's for

They might be saving it for a Squirrel Girl movie/tv show.

What ever happened to that New Warriors thing that was supposed to happen?

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Skwirl posted:

They might be saving it for a Squirrel Girl movie/tv show.

What ever happened to that New Warriors thing that was supposed to happen?

Unfortunately that sort of fizzled out. The original network freeform didn't pick it up and since Disney was restructuring Marvel TV stuff anyway, it seems they just didn't bother with it any longer, even though they had a really positive impression of the pilot.
So it could have been good, but just sort of died along the way.

I'm sorta sad about that, because the actress seems to like Doreen and would have been a good fit.
Well, at least she could voice her in the mediocre Marvel Rising cartoons.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Jan 23, 2021

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

They should make a Squirrel Girl edutainment show aimed at teaching 10 year olds basic logic and programming poo poo, but also beating up bad guys.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Skwirl posted:

They should make a Squirrel Girl edutainment show aimed at teaching 10 year olds basic logic and programming poo poo, but also beating up bad guys.

Somewhere, Ryan North just sat up ramrod straight and isn't sure why

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Gaz-L posted:

Somewhere, Ryan North just sat up ramrod straight and isn't sure why

I was basing the idea on his run of the comics.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

cant cook creole bream posted:

the mediocre Marvel Rising cartoons.

Are they even making those still

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

site posted:

Are they even making those still

Not that I'm aware off. I don't see any press releases on upcoming episodes, or something like that.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

cant cook creole bream posted:

I'm sorta sad about that, because the actress seems to like Doreen and would have been a good fit.
Well, at least she could voice her in the mediocre Marvel Rising cartoons.

Unfortunately the internet is gonna internet and creepy stalkers drove her off social media and possibly the industry as well.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

you know what you're doing, Fiona Staples. From Joker 80th Anniversary Special

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
Well, I never!

*thinks about Saga*

Nevermind, makes sense.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

https://twitter.com/CoriMarie21/status/1353108946177961984?s=20

Don't know source, desperately want it.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Looks like Death of Superman era art, but that's the best I can do.

ED: Oh hey, look at that, it's Zero Hour

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keromaru5
Dec 28, 2012

Pictured: The Wolf Of Gubbio (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
After the Super-mullet, everyone at the Planet decided anything goes.

(I actually kinda liked Superman with long hair a little, but I never really missed it, either.)