Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RobotsLoveSpectres
Dec 29, 2008

FileNotFound posted:

They should unironically add a KEK tape + 3 small beefs = 1 large beefs recipe or something.

They've done a really good job with hideout crafting being able to create FIR quest turnins. I think that's some of the best changes yet.

Lmao my buddy has been looking for a tall beef for like two weeks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I'LL PUT MY SCIENCE IN ALL OF YOU!
The new camp on Woods near RUAF Roadblock has a ton of food usually.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!
theres also food crates up at the usec camp area, and i think theres one either at the scav bunker or the little barn thing in the area nearby? cant remember for sure. theres also the three huts and the little one off to the side of them at the sawmill that all have food spawns in too.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

Dr. Clockwork posted:

The new camp on Woods near RUAF Roadblock has a ton of food usually.

yeah it has at least 2 of the big food crates and some loosies on shelves, and me and my friends have spawned at the roadblock the last like 3 times we've played it. If I were looking for food, that's the first place I'd check

sum
Nov 15, 2010

I accidentally deployed without taking off a storage backpack and hosed up the found-in-raid enchantment of an M4 I had been saving for Punisher. What are some good places to farm them? I found the old one just randomly in a cache and I'm not banking on that happening again.

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

I nearly came in to agree with the complaint about how hard the kill pmcs in the office area on Factory quest is and then this happened:

The KSM-23 with shrapnel 10 is a beast, got a 3 man all on my own in the offices.

But also gently caress Jaeger.

Though I do kind of agree it's annoying to sometimes play multiple raids on factory over and over where all the fighting is finished outside that area.

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

sum posted:

I accidentally deployed without taking off a storage backpack and hosed up the found-in-raid enchantment of an M4 I had been saving for Punisher. What are some good places to farm them? I found the old one just randomly in a cache and I'm not banking on that happening again.

There are several given as quest rewards that are FIR.

But I wouldn't worry - because the Punisher Part 4 rewards one, and you turn it in at Punisher Part 5....

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

sum posted:

Peacekeeping mission gives a FIR M4 at the start, so getting there is one solution, also one of the gunsmith quests gives a sopmodm4 m4 IIRC

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy

sum posted:

Killing a raider on Reserve is probably the cheapest, fastest way to do it.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!
probably dont rely on this but the northern part of the usec camp on woods has a wooden pallet next to a sleeping bag in the area with the weapon mods and it can spawn an m4. idk if any other gun can even appear there ive only seen an m4 out of the couple of times somethings spawned there. il ove new woods lol

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
you get like a half dozen m4s as quest rewards all with enchantments

in fact im pretty sure the punisher quest before the one you need an m4 for gives you an m4?

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

hakimashou posted:

you get like a half dozen m4s as quest rewards all with enchantments

Yup - you literally get one from the quest right before the one that requires it as a turn in:

https://escapefromtarkov.gamepedia.com/The_Punisher_-_Part_4

Strip mod and turn in for:

https://escapefromtarkov.gamepedia.com/The_Punisher_-_Part_5

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
here's the wiki page on the m4 has it all

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

DrPop posted:

That one held me up for quite a while. Scavving and PMCing on Reserve and hitting the kitchen and ration crates eventually got it for me.

yeah

I got stuck on that for a while and literally just bought the two cheaper keys (RB-PS81 and RB-PSP2, which are like 70k each) for the crate cages in the underground storage bunkers on reserve and knocked it out almost immediately due to the high concentration of ration crates - those cages generally seem to be secondary or tertiary objectives for people on that map even if they have the keys, so you generally have time to get to them and loot them unmolested if you make them your top priority (and the loot is generally good enough to pay for the keys p. much instantly)

sum
Nov 15, 2010

Did... they add proximity voice chat or am I going insane? I heard someone mumble something about seeing "a BEAR or something over there" from behind me on Customs, I turned around and lo and behold I found a hatchling who I immediately sprayed down. It sounded exactly like someone making a callout over discord and I heard him say a few more things before I found him. Either that or it's an oddly specific voice line or some weird rare bug. Or maybe I have a gas leak in my house. I'm seriously bugging about this.

FileNotFound posted:

There are several given as quest rewards that are FIR.

But I wouldn't worry - because the Punisher Part 4 rewards one, and you turn it in at Punisher Part 5....
Oh, duh. Well that's convenient.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
You're definitely going insane. God help us the day they add proximity voice chat.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

I will never mute a channel so hard or fast again.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!
usecs def have some voice lines calling out bears and calling out enemy positions

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Just Chamber posted:

Though I do kind of agree it's annoying to sometimes play multiple raids on factory over and over where all the fighting is finished outside that area.

They could at least change it so only you have to be in the office area. Then you could shoot outside and not rely on people charging the most hazardous part of the map.

sum
Nov 15, 2010

It definitely did not sound like an in-game line, it was a guy doing like the fey gamer callout voice and I'm pretty sure he said "I thought I saw a BEAR over there" and then "He was on metal" like 5 seconds later. I wasn't really paying attention that well to exactly what he was saying but it sounded exactly like hearing one side of a Discord call, so much so that my initial reaction was that my Discord had somehow accidentally joined a room. Also I was wearing a Korund and had just sprinted over a downed fence.

Reddit seems to think that I'm a ~lying karmawhore~ but my best guess is that that guy had somehow enabled a prox voice chat feature that they had developed but have had on ice. I sent the guy I killed a friend invite, I'll try to get his side of it.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!
yeah its def that not the new voices or something normal, dig in man we can get to the bottom of this.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Proximity voice seems like such a pointless thing in a world where everyone is on Discord already.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I'LL PUT MY SCIENCE IN ALL OF YOU!
"I saw a BEAR over there" is definitely a USEC voice line. Not sure about the metal thing.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

sum posted:

It definitely did not sound like an in-game line, it was a guy doing like the fey gamer callout voice and I'm pretty sure he said "I thought I saw a BEAR over there" and then "He was on metal" like 5 seconds later. I wasn't really paying attention that well to exactly what he was saying but it sounded exactly like hearing one side of a Discord call, so much so that my initial reaction was that my Discord had somehow accidentally joined a room. Also I was wearing a Korund and had just sprinted over a downed fence.

Reddit seems to think that I'm a ~lying karmawhore~ but my best guess is that that guy had somehow enabled a prox voice chat feature that they had developed but have had on ice. I sent the guy I killed a friend invite, I'll try to get his side of it.

There is no such feature you were hearing the guy spam voice lines

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Scuttlebutt is that they tried out voip in testing, everyone just used it to blast hardbass and scream epithets at one another, and Nikita despaired and decided not to roll it out.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
There is absolutely no upside to in-game voip and an absolute litany of downsides.

sum
Nov 15, 2010

Do BEARs and USECs have the same mumbles? Like if they did I might be able to gaslight myself into thinking I just got confused

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

No. Bears speak Russian.

Dicky Needles.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

Inspector_666 posted:

There is absolutely no upside to in-game voip and an absolute litany of downsides.

I mean there could probably be a few funny moments with in game voip but it does not account with the obvious problems, which range from “getting called gamer words by 13 year olds” to “crushing network performance with voip traffic”

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes
One of the voice lines is "Watch out for Bears"

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Inspector_666 posted:

:hmmyes:

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!
i think youre all wrong. it wasnt just usec voice lines and the op not realising theres now three voice options for pmcs. i think nikitia accidentally put proximity chat in but only one guy worked out how to use it and was using it in game to talk to his friends so everyone else could also hear him.

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

these gunsmith quests are hosed up

I am not a gun guy cause we can't own any cool ones here so I dunno wtf is going on with all the poo poo you put on them in this game. So I need to look it up or I will never be able to do them but it seems like battlestate go online every couple weeks, see if anyone has made a loadout to complete one, then change the requirements to be slightly below just to gently caress with people.

Gunsmith pt 3 - as in multiple videos from 3 weeks ago and the tarkov wiki are all out dated already. ffffffffff

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes

Qmass posted:

I am not a gun guy cause we can't own any cool ones here so I dunno wtf is going on with all the poo poo you put on them in this game. So I need to look it up or I will never be able to do them but it seems like battlestate go online every couple weeks, see if anyone has made a loadout to complete one, then change the requirements to be slightly below just to gently caress with people.

Gunsmith pt 3 - as in multiple videos from 3 weeks ago and the tarkov wiki are all out dated already. ffffffffff

I don't think they change the quest, I think they nerf the items that people are using to complete the quest without thinking about how it affects the quests.

They just don't give a poo poo about the current state of quests.

sinburger
Sep 10, 2006

*hurk*

Qmass posted:

Did they change it up since the wipe? So far the gunsmith guides on the wiki have been accurate, at least for 1-4.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!
yeah ive had exactly zero of the wiki fits be wrong, you need to make sure you're paying attention to stuff like if it needs to be folded or not, mag empty/removed etc. the only time ive had to change the wiki build is just due to parts being overpriced bcos theyre on the wiki build and i havnt unlocked the trader purchase yet, and replacing them with an exact stat stand in has worked fine.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!
part 3 is the mp5sd one, obviously make sure youre using an actual mp5sd and if youre building one from a regular one make sure its the mp5sd silencer and not another silencer, and that you transfer the rear sight off the old reciever

Lucca Blight
Jun 2, 2009
Is going to Labs still basically choosing suicide? It's been a while and I have this sense of dread when I hover my mouse over the location.

Lucca Blight fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Jan 23, 2021

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

idk I lived both times I went for The Guide. Stayed in the basement, even killed a raider one time. Terrible creatures.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy
My survival rate for Labs is much higher than any other map, yes it is full of sweaty PMCs, but its a well lit indoor location. Raiders stick together in groups which makes them easy to locate and kill. You can raid some of the best loot spots in the entire game 500ft away from a 3 second exit