Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LazyQ
Feb 22, 2011

Mämmilä

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alterian
Jan 28, 2003

FrumpleOrz posted:

Kevin & Kell

They've shown this baby throwing up their milk multiple times now. This isn't normal behavior for babies. Yes, they spit up, but if they are constantly more or less vomiting out their stomach contents, they really need to be seen by a pediatrician. This was the first indication one of my kids had a milk allergy when they were a baby!

ukonvasara
Aug 16, 2012

a mixture of gravity and waggery

Alterian posted:

They've shown this baby throwing up their milk multiple times now. This isn't normal behavior for babies. Yes, they spit up, but if they are constantly more or less vomiting out their stomach contents, they really need to be seen by a pediatrician. This was the first indication one of my kids had a milk allergy when they were a baby!

Ah, you're thinking of human babies; for terrifying rhino-cat hybrids, it's not only normal and healthy, but also extremely interesting and even visually appealing, so I hope he shows it dozens more times.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Okay, either this is a hallucination / fantasy / dream sequence, or Mark has just committed multiple felony murders.

LazyQ posted:

Mämmilä

I reallly like Mammila. Just for the record.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

The baby is secretly also part turkey vulture and it's vomiting as self defense.

fondue
Jul 14, 2002

B Kliban

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Wonderiful. :allears:

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

As far as I know, the family has two vehicles. One is Ellie's crappy unreliable family car and the other is Jon's fancy expensive flashy impractical sports car. What's she expecting the kid to learn on? (I feel like if professional driving lessons were an option, he'd have mentioned it. Also, as much as I generally find Ellie to be unpleasant and overly naggy, I feel like she could justifiably be bitching a lot more about the car disparity.)

I mean, she was clearly losing her poo poo, so yeah?

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
I know she's going to turn out to be correct about the statue being of that bird woman but I still can't get over the ridiculous leap in logic. If I saw a guy who looked like Abraham Lincoln walking down the street, I shouldn't immediately jump to "Abraham Lincoln never actually died in the theater and also he's immortal!"

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Twelve by Pies posted:

I know she's going to turn out to be correct about the statue being of that bird woman but I still can't get over the ridiculous leap in logic. If I saw a guy who looked like Abraham Lincoln walking down the street, I shouldn't immediately jump to "Abraham Lincoln never actually died in the theater and also he's immortal!"
"She looks like our teacher!"
"So am I dating a racist or could you phrase this better."

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Twelve by Pies posted:

I still can't get over how the only reason Fiona saw that the statue looked like her teacher is because she keeps defacing historical landmarks and art pieces. :psyduck:

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?
The Shadow and Flyin' Jenny Aug. 7th, 1940

Axa CROOURKC! SKRADOOOOM!!!

poo poo like this is why I'm digging this stupid comic.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Bad Machinery

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

FrumpleOrz posted:

On The Fastrack

Dethany is exactly the type of corporate bootlicker who'd feel bad that an open floor plan is going away.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
BCN

Phoebe

Wallace

Curtis

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Julet Esqu posted:

As far as I know, the family has two vehicles. One is Ellie's crappy unreliable family car and the other is Jon's fancy expensive flashy impractical sports car. What's she expecting the kid to learn on? (I feel like if professional driving lessons were an option, he'd have mentioned it. Also, as much as I generally find Ellie to be unpleasant and overly naggy, I feel like she could justifiably be bitching a lot more about the car disparity.)
The charitable read is that it's a lazy 'lol teen drivers are going to ruin any nice car they get behind the wheel of' joke, and a real person worried about that would buy Michael a cheap used car to drive(or in Elly's case, keep her old lovely car for his use).

The less charitable read is that she's letting him get a license because That's What's Done but either didn't think far enough ahead to get to the 'but what car will he drive?' part or figured she wouldn't allow him to drive without her supervision until he somehow buys his own car.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

loving drat it, The Evening Star drops The Shadow in September. It looks like it gets replaced with Dinky Dinkerton, Secret Agent 6 7/8. Maybe I'm just salty that the comic I've been looking for got dropped before the archives for the Detroit Evening Times picks up, but Dinky Dinkerton doesn't look very good. I kinda want to keep The Shadow and Flyin' Jenny synced up, so I guess The Shadow will be taking a brief break unless I find another source. I figure I'll post a few bits just to show what was going on at the same time, then do double Jennys until I reach where Detroit Evening Times picks up.

Is it?

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

catlord posted:

poo poo like this is why I'm digging this stupid comic.

Man's ancestors didn't hunt dinosaurs! How did nuclear warfare cause dinosaurs to be reborn anyway?

This story arc is already great. There hasn't even been a handsome young man in the caveman tribe for Axa to swoon over (yet).

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Twelve by Pies posted:

Man's ancestors didn't hunt dinosaurs!

Maybe some very small ones that tiny lemur-things could take on?

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Axa is only set like a hundred years in the future, right? Didn't they say that? It seems like a LOT of evolution has gone on in one human lifespan. Huh. Radiation, I guess.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Julet Esqu posted:

Axa is only set like a hundred years in the future, right? Didn't they say that? It seems like a LOT of evolution has gone on in one human lifespan. Huh. Radiation, I guess.

Maybe they've stumbled into the Savage Land.

The current storyline makes me imagine what Axa would be like drawn by James Allen, because this is totally the sort of story he'd think he could do.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

Kavak posted:

Still too early for lemur-things, I do believe. Though apparently placental mammals and marsupials were splitting part during that time.

Julet Esqu posted:

It's set in 2080, 100 years after the Great Contamination. Considering the existence of the Sea Dome and other stuff, I assume their 1980 was much more advanced than ours.

Selachian posted:

Maybe they've stumbled into the Savage Land.

The current storyline makes me imagine what Axa would be like drawn by James Allen, because this is totally the sort of story he'd think he could do.

Ugh. Ugh. He absolutely would think that.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

Kavak posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWWeQlXfSa0&t=221s
Obligatory Caveman and Dinosaur rap.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)
Is Dethany* still wearing her hair up like her wedding? ... Why?

*from On the Fast Rack

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

Welcome Back, Galaxy Geek.
From Georgia Dunn's Instagram

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)
i'm a little burnt out on the rapidness and prevalence of that meme but that one i like a lot

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

The meme didn't even register for me. I was too focused on how cute Elvis in a mask is.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Selachian posted:

Richard's Poor Almanac

What's Daisy from?

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

Welcome Back, Galaxy Geek.

Discendo Vox posted:

What's Daisy from?

Blondie

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Dinette Set was dead when we got here.

Working Daze is threatening us with another week of this.

Super-Fun-Pak Comix gets further than I did.

Cul De Sac is subdued.

Slammy
Mar 30, 2011

Great speech.
PPHPFT!!
And He Did! (January 23, 1918)

Outbursts of Everett True (March 1918)

Hitz and Mrs. (October 1923)

Gay and Her Gang (February 22, 1929)

Oaky Doaks (July 23, 1935)

Dark Laughter (November 25, 1939)

Mopsy Sunday (February 2, 1947)

Those Were the Days (February 22, 1951)

Dinky Fellas (April 14, 1965)

Wee Pals (April 14, 1965)

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

sweeperbravo posted:

*from On the Fast Rack

Don't worry, her boss gave permission

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
Crabgrass

Support Tauhid's Patreon here.

Old School Peanuts (Jun 6-7, 1952)

Calvin and Hobbes (Nov 5-8, 1988)

Robbie and Bobby

(Jun 25, 2018)

(Jun 27, 2018)

(Jun 29, 2018)

(Jul 2, 2018)

Support Jason's Patreon (and see new My Dad is Draculas) here.

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Daddy Daze

Take It From the Tinkersons

Dark Side of the Horse

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Dream sequence or not it's not really any better when Jules Rivera decides to just gently caress everything I'ma draw Action Mark for a few weeks because I can than when James Allen does.

Sunday strips are really good though!

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
At least the art is more comprehensible. And when it's not, it's more interesting.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Classic Kevin & Kell (March 8-12, 1999) coming in with the Big Reveal.

Doll House Ghost
Jun 18, 2011

sweeperbravo posted:

*from On the Fast Rack

I'm more bothered by her attire. She's supposed to be this übergoth but she wears stupid blue mom jeans and pink handwarmers?? At least make the pants pink for ravegoth or black or something, geez.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Doll House Ghost posted:

I'm more bothered by her attire. She's supposed to be this übergoth but she wears stupid blue mom jeans and pink handwarmers?? At least make the pants pink for ravegoth or black or something, geez.

Just remember that she’s absolutely covered in tattoos and piercings (that Holbrook is never going to draw).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Rhymes with Orange

Get Fuzzy 1/22/01

Stephen Collins

Brenda Starr 8/26/45

Smokey Stover 4/30/39

Richard's Poor Almanac(k)

2007 was, of course, when Foob started to wind up its run and the Elizabeth-Anthony "romance" was in full swing.

Bonus ad! A look at all the things postwar Americans expected science to bring them any day -- including jetpacks.