Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i don't see much point in turning down even marginal drop upgrades when everything in the overworld dies in a burst cycle or less anyway. there's not even tedium being added unless you're blatantly off-type for a fight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I wonder when the first axe is going to get added into the game...

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Wait so Xiao banner is Feb 3, and Keqing is Feb 17... are banners going to be on a two week cycle now or is this something else because Feb is short?

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

That rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!

I'm hoping that they're going to start running 2 character banners at once rather than Xiao being 2 weeks. Like, here's a new unit banner and a rerun banner, take your pick.

I just realized it's likely we'll get Barbara on Xiao's banner, she hasn't gotten a rate up since Venti and pairs nicely with his skillset. Hopefully we'll also get Ning as well.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Why can you dash out of aiming but not switch characters?

Also, not being able to fall off things, even the tiniest bump of terrain, while aiming is really jarring.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Clarste posted:

I wonder what it'd be like if she had 0 knockback on her moves.

Against the giant frost guys she does a shitload of damage, so I'd say considerably better if not actually up to Diluc level. The fact that I can knock people out of my own ult is incredibly stupid and I can't wait to replace her with Xiao. If I could go back in time I'd have left her at 1 and leveled Ning or Razor instead.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Keqing is fun to play imo

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat
How do I ganyu? I keep getting knocked out of aim by being hit.

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

Sexual Aluminum posted:

How do I ganyu? I keep getting knocked out of aim by being hit.

Aim for the weak points and stunlock things to death. Or get a water user and permafreeze them.

Also her E acts as a decoy that enemies will attack as a distraction.

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

Vegastar posted:

Aim for the weak points and stunlock things to death. Or get a water user and permafreeze them.

Also her E acts as a decoy that enemies will attack as a distraction.

Yeah I've been playing her some at L60 to test her out on controller and the only thing I find works is throwing charged arrows into Venti's burst. The problem with applying wet for freeze is you have to be close but once you apply it it also works very well. Maybe it would work better with Childe.

Be aware using her as DPS that dash cancelling doesn't work on the PS4/5, and neither does charging the next shot during the animation unless you remap R2 to a frontplate button. Charging with the circle button (the single shot button) is great though - if you love jarring transitions and motion sickness.

I think the PS4 product owner is that guy from Skyrim who took an arrow to the knee.

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

Araganzar posted:

Yeah I've been playing her some at L60 to test her out on controller and the only thing I find works is throwing charged arrows into Venti's burst. The problem with applying wet for freeze is you have to be close but once you apply it it also works very well. Maybe it would work better with Childe.

Be aware using her as DPS that dash cancelling doesn't work on the PS4/5, and neither does charging the next shot during the animation unless you remap R2 to a frontplate button. Charging with the circle button (the single shot button) is great though - if you love jarring transitions and motion sickness.

I think the PS4 product owner is that guy from Skyrim who took an arrow to the knee.

XQ also works fairly well if you’re willing to mix in some regular shots between charged bursts to get the wet proc off the swords. It’s a bit of a delicate dance, but it’s pretty fun IMO.

Of course I’m also a madman maining Ganyu while playing primarily on mobile so I might not be the most qualified person to dispense advice.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I use Ganyu on PC with left/right trigger default controls. Basically use her Skill as a taunt, run away, shoot. Aim for enemies that can hit distance first, melee enemies are generally easy to avoid with just regular strafing in Aim mode.

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009
I use ganyu on ps5 and just put the wanders troupe on her. I get ridiculously big melt damage when I manage to burn things with xiangling but that requires getting super close and I'd rather go pew pew from a distance. Elemental reactions be damned.

I got Mona on the bench so I'll prob put together a freeze team when i can manage to farm a good artifact set.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

gandlethorpe posted:

Also, not being able to fall off things, even the tiniest bump of terrain, while aiming is really jarring.
Welcome to how Mona owners feel about her supposedly "better" sprint in practice.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Speaking of Mona, the gatcha math has to be wrong. I rolled Mona 3 wishes after getting Ganyu, who was 46 wishes into last pity. Of all 4 of my 5 stars, the only one who was a pity roll was Childe.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

ninjoatse.cx posted:

Speaking of Mona, the gatcha math has to be wrong. I rolled Mona 3 wishes after getting Ganyu, who was 46 wishes into last pity. Of all 4 of my 5 stars, the only one who was a pity roll was Childe.

Hmm yes, you seem to have a good handle on how probability works.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

lol

The Crusher
Aug 13, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT HOW MUCH I LOVE NEKOMIMI CLIFFYB
Been farming for a good hydro artifact set for Childe for over a month now. The probability of getting what you want sure is not good... I've gotten like, 2 godly cryo set items and nothing but mediocre hydros. I just want to do easy big dmg with my water dude.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
I once got two Tartaglias in six pulls. It's called having good luck for once in your miserable life.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

The Crusher posted:

Been farming for a good hydro artifact set for Childe for over a month now. The probability of getting what you want sure is not good... I've gotten like, 2 godly cryo set items and nothing but mediocre hydros. I just want to do easy big dmg with my water dude.

it's hard to find the motivation to do this one because yeah, my bad luck there feels more noticeable? none of my existing good stuff just sprang fully formed in 1.0 but i've definitely forgotten how much farming it actually took for good sets.

vv i fell into multiple crit hydro hats before even getting one with a single good substat, so there's also that

dogsicle fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Jan 23, 2021

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES

The Crusher posted:

Yeesh. Four different artifact sets, crit hats are a ~10% chance each on main stat rolls, so just getting a crit rate HoD hat as an example would take on average forty runs or twenty condensed resin. No guarantees on whether it's 5* or has any decent substats. My heart goes out to you

E: I'm assuming all artifact sets drop equally and that's probably not true, oof

E2: at least with the Vindnagyr domain I geared a cryo user and half of Albedo in the process, but if you don't have Albedo Defender is a trash set and gambler is just instant XP fodder for me

zgrowler2 fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Jan 23, 2021

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

ninjoatse.cx posted:

Most of my 5*s except for 2 have been pity pulls sooo :shrug:

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

zgrowler2 posted:

Yeesh. Four different artifact sets, crit hats are a ~10% chance each on main stat rolls, so just getting a crit rate HoD hat as an example would take on average forty runs or twenty condensed resin. No guarantees on whether it's 5* or has any decent substats. My heart goes out to you

E: I'm assuming all artifact sets drop equally and that's probably not true, oof

How did you come up with 4 sets?

The Crusher
Aug 13, 2007

Lol, ty for the sympathy. I could easily settle for only 3 of the 2 required substats for an optimal build and still get screwed over in the upgrade levels. It makes me VERY thankful I managed to fully kit out Ning and Klee without this kind of stress.

The only thing I hate is knowing I could be doing things like ascending more characters or snagging exp/mora/talent books. I acutally had to upgrade lesser used character artifacts because I reached 1000 from all this farming rofl. The good news from this is I don't feel pressured to do artifact runs on the overworld anymore haha.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

CJ posted:

I actually do :kiddo:

Unless there is a large silent portion in every Genshin community that has hundreds of wishes under their belt and only getting pity pulls, there are way too many 5 star characters compared to the odds they tell you.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES

CJ posted:

How did you come up with 4 sets?

Every domain drops four different sets, for Vindagnyr it's BS, HoD, Defender, and Gambler

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I farmed HoD for a week and a half + 10 condensed resin and my Tartaglia still only has 2 piece HoD 2 piece glad (I use rust so it's actually not that big a difference from 4 piece HoD). 4 sets are brutal. Thank goodness that domain has two good sets with good 2-pieces.

zgrowler2 posted:

Every domain drops four different sets, for Vindagnyr it's BS, HoD, Defender, and Gambler
TF drops 3 for some reason, idk why.

ninjoatse.cx posted:

I actually do :kiddo:

Unless there is a large silent portion in every Genshin community that has hundreds of wishes under their belt and only getting pity pulls, there are way too many 5 star characters compared to the odds they tell you.
You really don't. You're about 36% to hit a 5* before pity and hitting 36% three out of four times is not unlikely at all. There are posters here who have rolled 7 five stars at pity consecutively.

And, yes, there IS a large silent part of the community rolling at pity all the time because getting hosed makes you feel like a pathetic cuck and you don't want to share it. Meanwhile any time someone hits two five stars in a 10-pull it goes straight to social media. There's even a survivorship bias where people who roll poorly are more likely to quit the game.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Jan 23, 2021

The Crusher
Aug 13, 2007

As an added kick to the groin, one time I got a coveted FOUR 5-star artifact pull from 1 condensed resin use. They were ALL cryo set.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

No Wave posted:

TF drops 3 for some reason, idk why.

gross, another reason to dislike the place that just shits thundersoother pieces on me - nonconformity

No Wave posted:

And, yes, there IS a large silent part of the community rolling at pity all the time because getting hosed makes you feel like a pathetic cuck and you don't want to share it. Meanwhile any time someone hits two five stars in a 10-pull it goes straight to social media.

it's all the toxic parts of FOMO with the added benefit of burning your wallet - i dunno how people can keep up with genshin streamers and the like. poo poo's a recipe for disaster

The Crusher
Aug 13, 2007

zgrowler2 posted:

You know I really wish there was a mechanic for upgrading 4 star artifacts to 5 star. Some of the sets that are 4 star only would be fun to play around with if they had the base stats to compete.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

CJ posted:

Drop rates are 50% you either get it or you don’t.

Also it seems my complaining about Welkin worked because I saw the screen today for the first time, and I didn’t force quit the game or logout from last night.

That web mini game still isn’t available in game for some reason. I hope you guys who aren’t doing it in a browser aren’t screwed because yesterday there was a time limited task that went away today, and today there’s another time limited task (visit youtube) that’ll go away tomorrow.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

zgrowler2 posted:

it's all the toxic parts of FOMO with the added benefit of burning your wallet - i dunno how people can keep up with genshin streamers and the like. poo poo's a recipe for disaster
Watching the actual roll videos is imo educational. When someone sits down to C6 a character you see what the rates are actually like. Out of context images of rolls with 2 or 3 five stars are the ones that I disapprove of.

The Crusher posted:

You know I really wish there was a mechanic for upgrading 4 star artifacts to 5 star. Some of the sets that are 4 star only would be fun to play around with if they had the base stats to compete.
2 piece Berserker and 2 piece Gambler would be the new glad!

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I feel like it'd probably break some sort of law to lie about rates as well. Maybe not in China but probably everywhere else. There's no benefit to doing it.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I feel like it'd probably break some sort of law to lie about rates as well. Maybe not in China but probably everywhere else. There's no benefit to doing it.

Yeah it's super illegal to lie about the rates and even if they did, why would they lie about them being worse than it actually is? I think the pity was even proven to exist due to some discrepancy with the 5* rate they display and the odds of pulling a 5* each pull. Some nerds even went and did monte carlo simulations showing that lol

Also what The Crusher said, it's literally a Chinese gambling law lol. Think blizzard or something got in trouble with it over lootboxes at some point

Xun fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Jan 23, 2021

The Crusher
Aug 13, 2007

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I'm not huge on law, but I'm pretty sure China is the main reason they HAVE to show the rates. Idk if the US even has a law requiring it or not.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I think there’s no lying but people are just really bad with probability. IIRC Apple had to change their “shuffle” algorithm from a true (well, as true as can be) random shuffle to one that takes into account of songs recently played because a true random algorithm would/could end up playing the same song over and over again cause that’s just how independent probability works. This doesn’t “feel” random so they changed it.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

The Crusher posted:

As an added kick to the groin, one time I got a coveted FOUR 5-star artifact pull from 1 condensed resin use. They were ALL cryo set.
It's a great opportunity to get into meme freeze kaeya. Free character, free sword (prototype rancour), incidental artifacts, what's not to love?

The Crusher
Aug 13, 2007

No Wave posted:

It's a great opportunity to get into meme freeze kaeya. Free character, free sword (prototype rancour), incidental artifacts, what's not to love?

At this rate I could build an insanely sick freeze Kaeya. The cryo flower was something like:
Crit Rate 8.6%
Crit Dmg 28.7%
ATK% base roll
Flat ATK base roll

And I have an un-levelled Crit rate cryo circlet with C.dmg/Atk%. AND I have an R3 black sword. gently caress, I might just.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
Kaeya with a Black Sword and Cryo Resonance/Freeze team doesn't need a Crit Rate circlet, he needs Crit Damage. He'll easily get to stupidly high or even 100% Crit Rate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

a freeze C1 Kaeya team has 75% crit rate so you can basically coast on substats while focusing on cdmg. main question is whether you run physical or cryo conversion