Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

buh what did they mess it up at some point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Like, it's just stuck in the second phase and all of my dice get -5 power so can I just... Not do anything and need to quit out of the game since I can't even surrender the fight lol?

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

the second phase is basically just a scripted victory lap tho? if you have two or less librarians left it might gently caress up i guess

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Varinn posted:

the second phase is basically just a scripted victory lap tho? if you have two or less librarians left it might gently caress up i guess

How it played out:

Jester in greed mode is faster than magical girl of happiness, staggers and kills magical girl of love

magical girl of happiness forces it to change phases

Jester in hate mode is now unbeatable.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

How did you lose a magical girl? Are you not remembering to use Hope on each of the girls each turn, cause that gives a massive boost to the rest of their power against the Jester's attacks and should blunt it enough even if he attacks the wrong magical girl and you can't intercept

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.
Hope from all 4 girls is a +8 to everyone no matter what, and even at a -5 power that works out to a +3, which puts any attack from the jester to any girl firmly into the 'get stuffed, nerd' range. Spamming hope is always the answer.

SITB
Nov 3, 2012
IIRC Jester is scripted to target the corresponding magical girl in each phase.

Did you have the Magical Girl of Love accidently redirect attacks?

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

losing in that last segment would be awful though, that sucks. the servant of wrath phase of the pre-nihil fight can go straight to hell, i hosed that up like three times

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe
Just had to start a third facility because the day limit is so strict. While I could suppress Binah, day limitations stopped me from suppressing Hokma.. So many perfected agents with a wonderful wing wasted.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.
This is why I went out of my way to mention that going 3-2 or 2-3 in lower is super important-it lets you get both done in a single loop with a memory repository.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Fun Shoe

TeeQueue posted:

This is why I went out of my way to mention that going 3-2 or 2-3 in lower is super important-it lets you get both done in a single loop with a memory repository.

I was even up to that point in the LP, I just completely hosed up.

eternaldough
Jan 16, 2017

Children of the City is probably my favourite of the vocal songs in LoR so far.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

just noticed yan's sword is a pencil 😩

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

idk, I've not felt anything hit quite like And Is Heard No More, I think the other boss songs are all neat but there's just something missing in all of them that's there in that song.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
I love all the Mili pieces, but I think Iron Lotus is my favorite. String Theocracy is probably my least favorite overall, even though I like it as well.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Iron Lotus is the best, the beesssttt

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

unlike this fight, which sucks and Esther is being stingy with his books for rematches

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SITB posted:

IIRC Jester is scripted to target the corresponding magical girl in each phase.

Did you have the Magical Girl of Love accidently redirect attacks?

That must be what I did. I wasn't recording so I can't check.

Theantero posted:

I love all the Mili pieces, but I think Iron Lotus is my favorite. String Theocracy is probably my least favorite overall, even though I like it as well.

I think it's my favorite even if "keep your eyes buttered" is a goofy mistranslation

Varinn posted:

losing in that last segment would be awful though, that sucks. the servant of wrath phase of the pre-nihil fight can go straight to hell, i hosed that up like three times

That's literally why I didn't just alt f4 out lol, I hate that poo poo so much.

TeeQueue posted:

Hope from all 4 girls is a +8 to everyone no matter what, and even at a -5 power that works out to a +3, which puts any attack from the jester to any girl firmly into the 'get stuffed, nerd' range. Spamming hope is always the answer.

I could swear I didn't get a copy of Hope every turn but that could be my fevered imagination frothing at having to do Wrath again.

(no I didnt use other cards)

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

hope won't draw if someone's hand is full with other pages, so you sometimes have a burn a couple

Justice will always get one though since her deck is only 4 pages

it might just be that that fight is cursed, on my first run someone got staggered right after hitting the Love statue and glitched out and didn't transform, making the fight unwinnable, welp

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

beat it

kinda weird that the big enemy of the singleton faction gives pages dedicated to light fuckery but whatever

Mersenne
Oct 9, 2012

Prime Suspect

"Oh...? How amusing. Do try to keep me entertained, ehehe..."

Yinlock posted:

kinda weird that the big enemy of the singleton faction gives pages dedicated to light fuckery but whatever

Well, Binah and Chesed were in need of some shiny new toys... :getin:

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?
Started playing Library of Ruina, and I fully identify with Angela as my viewpoint character so far.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

So I broke down and started Ruina before the LC LP could finish.

Jesus christ that's one hell of a difficulty spike once you hit Urban Plague.

This is just mean.

Is the strat for this fight just slapping Slash Endured key pages on everyone?

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
I'm not quite sure, since I was past it by the time the system was released, but Urban Plague is when you unlock key page attribution, right? If you're still feeling the system out, it already offers a lot of additional power and it's going to basically take over the game after a while. For example, if you stack all three of the Full Stop Office passives onto a single character, they get +6 to all dice on the first turn, which should let you immediately stagger Phillip, who is weak to pierce, and take control of the fight from there.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
SOTC row 3: The new reception has me convinced of something that i've been pretty sure about for a while, which is that Summation dice were a mistake. This is definitely not the salt talking. Nope. No way.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Fun Shoe
So, the final days of Lob Corp. I managed to survive day 47 with only two deaths and I have a plan for day 48 but 49 escapes me. Do I do the stupid thing and attempt to suppress An Arbiter without the ability to pause or the stupider idea of attempting to suppress the Dusk and Midnight of White without the ability to pause AND with speed up?

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Intoluene posted:

So, the final days of Lob Corp. I managed to survive day 47 with only two deaths and I have a plan for day 48 but 49 escapes me. Do I do the stupid thing and attempt to suppress An Arbiter without the ability to pause or the stupider idea of attempting to suppress the Dusk and Midnight of White without the ability to pause AND with speed up?

Definitely do the stupid thing, not the stupider thing. It is a massive pain in the rear end but I cannot even imagine how awful the alternative approach would be. Because while Binah does eventually go away, you still have to survive several cycles of her being around, and bear in mind that any works on an abno that is melting down (which with her around, will be most of them), won't advance the clock. Day 48 isn't too bad because the alternative option is at least somewhat viable since if you leave Gebura alone she will just sit in her room (although I still found it quicker to just take her out anyway rather than go all the way to level 10).

Also a key thing about day 49: It's not that you can't pause, it's that someone dies/panics every time you do. It is an extremely worthwhile trade in some cases.

The Cheshire Cat fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Jan 27, 2021

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Intoluene posted:

the alternate goal is complete meltdown X and meet the energy goal, nothing about suppressing the ordeals. saw someone pull it off easily after 8 hours of failed attempts to beat the arbiter

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

BisbyWorl posted:

So I broke down and started Ruina before the LC LP could finish.

Jesus christ that's one hell of a difficulty spike once you hit Urban Plague.

This is just mean.

Is the strat for this fight just slapping Slash Endured key pages on everyone?

Yeah, Urban Plague is a real wakeup call. :v:

I highly recommend doing 1.1 or 1.4 first because yeah, Dawn and Full Stop are much harder.

They have pretty mixed damage as a group so I wouldn't bother just focusing on the one damage type.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Fun Shoe

The Cheshire Cat posted:

Definitely do the stupid thing, not the stupider thing. It is a massive pain in the rear end but I cannot even imagine how awful the alternative approach would be. Because while Binah does eventually go away, you still have to survive several cycles of her being around, and bear in mind that any works on an abno that is melting down (which with her around, will be most of them), won't advance the clock. Day 48 isn't too bad because the alternative option is at least somewhat viable since if you leave Gebura alone she will just sit in her room (although I still found it quicker to just take her out anyway rather than go all the way to level 10).

Also a key thing about day 49: It's not that you can't pause, it's that someone dies/panics every time you do. It is an extremely worthwhile trade in some cases.

I can certainly see why going for a pause or two (after two, you're down what, 6 people?) can be worthwhile to deal with her. Hopefully I can just get away with a pause on phase 2 of the arbiter. Phase 3 is more pressing to complete but nowhere near as many things to actually assign as phase 2.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

You can also pause in phase 3 this time.

But I think the first pause is 1 person and the second is 2 people so two pauses kills at most 3 guys.

Less if some of them are panics.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Fun Shoe
Right. For some reason I was calculating at 3 pauses. 4 is certainly a no go, though. I was lucky enough to beat Hokma with only one accidental pause last time that turned out to be a panic, not a kill. Still lost two people to green midnight. One triggered Knight of Despair.

:lobcorp:

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Intoluene posted:

Right. For some reason I was calculating at 3 pauses. 4 is certainly a no go, though. I was lucky enough to beat Hokma with only one accidental pause last time that turned out to be a panic, not a kill. Still lost two people to green midnight. One triggered Knight of Despair.

:lobcorp:

Was one of them armed with Gold Rush? It's annoying how despite how big Green Midnight is visually, agents with really short range weapons decide that they can only reach it if they walk directly into the middle of the laser.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Fun Shoe

The Cheshire Cat posted:

Was one of them armed with Gold Rush? It's annoying how despite how big Green Midnight is visually, agents with really short range weapons decide that they can only reach it if they walk directly into the middle of the laser.

Nah, the click-drag didn't quite catch them and they were just standing in range of the laser like an idiot. Probably one of the others had a very close range weapon, though and that was me just being dumb with the murderball.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

Acerbatus posted:

Yeah, Urban Plague is a real wakeup call. :v:

I highly recommend doing 1.1 or 1.4 first because yeah, Dawn and Full Stop are much harder.

They have pretty mixed damage as a group so I wouldn't bother just focusing on the one damage type.

I actually set up a team that all resisted pierce to push through Full Stop, made a gun deck with all their passives, then had everyone burst down Salvador just to get that card out of the way.

Is it just me or do drop counts plummet in Urban Plague? I had to do 3/4 runs of every fight on that line just to get all their key pages.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

BisbyWorl posted:

I actually set up a team that all resisted pierce to push through Full Stop, made a gun deck with all their passives, then had everyone burst down Salvador just to get that card out of the way.

Is it just me or do drop counts plummet in Urban Plague? I had to do 3/4 runs of every fight on that line just to get all their key pages.

They're less likely to drop when they're of a higher rarity, and Urban Plague starts having more Limited Edition/Object d'Art rarity pages, so you see them less.

But yeah, Full Stop's pages are also super useful, if only until you get to the point where enemies can just tank all the damage.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

Book drop rates were... tripled, I think? In order to help make early game grinding less terrible. That also stops at Urban Plague as well. Fewer books means more runs.

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009
Book grinding is the worst part of LoR and I'm desperately hoping they get rid of it.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?
Speaking of Urban Plague and wake-up calls, I've just had my first taste of Wedge Office Act 2.

Still picking my charred and bloodied teeth from the floor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I beat Tiph's realization.

Despite some abysmal luck, like King of Greed staggering a guy then targeting him for Road of the King or whatever.

I somehow did it unba bunga style with 2-3 stagger damage a pop.

:shepface:

Now then, for Gebura's.

:shepicide:

e:

The fact that after Tiph's realization Angela didn't even bother showing up gave me a laugh