Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Katana Zero

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

aero porter. really cool puzzle game by yoot saito, the sim tower guy. weirdly mesmerizing and i kept having tetris style dreams of luggage carousels revolving after playing it.

the game doesnt have end credits but i maxed out my airport and did great at the max level just now so i know in my heart that i beat it.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild, 95 shrines. I burned myself out when it first came out getting all four ancients and like 90 shrines and completing tarry town. Glad I finally finished it, what a great game

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

1. Cyberpunk 2077. Street Kid. Panam ending, left Johnny in Mikoshi All side missions and police hustle, all cars.

The application crashed the PS4 in the middle of the credits, so I have to beat it again.

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Halo 2 (Normal)

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Jenny Agutter posted:

Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild, 95 shrines. I burned myself out when it first came out getting all four ancients and like 90 shrines and completing tarry town. Glad I finally finished it, what a great game

One of those games I return to for a few hours every few weeks and fill out my journal with improved pics or track down a few more shrines or quests.

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

1. Sackboy: A Big Adventure
2. Jedi: Fallen Order

Next is gonna be Hitman 3

freeman
Aug 14, 2018
4. Assassin's Creed 3 Remastered - PS4 - 1/21 - First time playing an AC game since Liberation on Vita 8+ years ago. Early twist kept me playing but never really had fun playing largely due to the location being kind of boring.

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Mega Man 7

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
ys 2: i know theyre supposed to be like two halves of one longer game but man, its insane just how much better 2 is compared to 1 in a lot of respects. maybe the levels were a bit too labyrinthine and large, but still, it was pretty good.
and while the final boss wasnt as garbage as in ys 1 it still full of bullshit that made me actually pissed off. nothing like guessing the coinflip wrong on where its gonna fly off to while firing a beam, only to then turn out he flew right next to me and cornered me then stunlocked me with 2 unavoidable yellow bullet barrages. or the times i avoided the flying comet things that then resulted in being unable to move out of the way of the incoming boss who traps you an stunlocks you again.

my attempt where i got to the second phase with almost all of my magic for the shield spell the goddess bracelet froze the boss not once, not twice, not thrice, but 6 loving times in the middle of the arena where he is unreachable. god im still reeling

like the attacks are good, theyre interesting to dodge and all but the way they sometimes overlap with each other and the amount of guesswork and how some poo poo is just out of your control drives me up the loving wall. and it's still better designed than ys 1's. still, a great game and once again a loving crazy good soundtrack. ys ftw

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

hell yes

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
It hasn't clicked with me yet but I know I'll eventually have a "Ys Era" in my gaming career and I'm looking forward to it

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

goferchan posted:

It hasn't clicked with me yet but I know I'll eventually have a "Ys Era" in my gaming career and I'm looking forward to it

Playing oath sold me instantly on the series even if every 2 titles or so they completely change how they play. Maybe you gotta find the style that suits you best

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

First game beaten of 2021 is my third run of Fire Emblem: Three Houses, this time as the Golden Deer. Married Marianne. With that I’ve played through as each of the houses. It’s hard to pick a favorite house because each one has great characters and the way you see bits of the plot in each route that you don’t in the others is really cool, but I think this one might be it if I were forced to choose, I liked the dynamic of nearly everyone being some kind of outcast or weirdo and it’s the only route that really gets into the church’s origins and all that. It was also kind of fun that everyone ends up stupidly overpowered, Lysithea turns into artillery that can one-shot almost anyone from halfway across the map and Ignatz can crit on every shot by the end.

All that I have left now is to redo Black Eagles but side with Edelgard this time. Kind of nervous about that, I really like Rhea, Flayn, Seteth and all the knights and will feel bad fighting against them but it will be cool seeing the story from that perspective.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

absolutely anything posted:

Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia

nice, loved that game. Went for the no damage boss medals too which was tough

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

1. What the Golf (100%)
2. 198X
3. Still There (all achieves)
4. Yakuza 7 (all substories)

All that's between me and the plat is hours of grinding for the superboss, so I might tackle it later because I've been playing it pretty solid and the grinding is a little tedious.

Sex Tragedy
Jan 28, 2007

father of three with an extra large butt
Super Mario World - All exits

One step closer to the Mario super file. Every mainline game 100 percent on a single system.

WEEDCAT
Oct 31, 2005

*sets you on fire*
Yakuza 7

I think moving to turn based combat was a good plan so I hope they'll keep that for the next one.

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch)

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Donut County - All Achievements

junk

Mamkute
Sep 2, 2018
3. Infamous: Second Son (Normal, All Evil Choices, 96% Completion)

Fluoride Jones
Aug 24, 2009

toot toot
Finished Killer7 and I really enjoyed it. I'll probably be ruminating on it for a few days.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Phoenotopia: Awakening - 100% Complete

I bought this on a whim on sale and it totally blew me away. It's amazing!

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

I’ll call Beat Saber done since I got all achievements, last one was 24 hours total play time. It’s a great game hrld back by its developers, if I couldn't get custom songs there's no way I'd still be playing it.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

1. Yakuza Kiwami. The year of Yakuza starting strong

ho fan
Oct 6, 2014

2. Link’s Awakening switch ver.

it’s still pretty good? it’s definitely not one of the best zeldas, but it was the first one I beat (the original, as a child) so the nostalgia was cool. Graphics looked good and the dampe stuff was entertaining enough, even if it wasn’t a full Zelda maker

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Castlevania 2 - thanks to gamefaqs user BSulpher who's faq guided me through this

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

mark of the ninja, only took me 6 years since i got it

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Its a good game. Did you do nonlethal

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

nah, i was thinking about doing another run non lethal but after finishing im kind of done with it for a long while

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

ho fan posted:

it’s definitely not one of the best zeldas
correct; it is the best zelda

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

3. the rub rabbits. it was okay but much worse than the first one. it really felt like they were completely out of ideas in this one while the first one seemed loaded with them. still, not bad.

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Yakuza: Like a Dragon. I was getting burnt out on these games, but the turn based combat is exactly what this series needed

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

3. Bomberman 64, 100%. really neat overlooked n64 title here, good physics based puzzles for its time

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
1. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Grand Prix ALL CUPS IN 50CC, 100CC, 150CC, MIRROR AND 200CC 3 STARS)
2. Sonic Advance (Sonic)

bleh. music is bad and the last 2 act zone was dogshit. will not be continuing with this

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

mycophobia posted:

1. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Grand Prix ALL CUPS IN 50CC, 100CC, 150CC, MIRROR AND 200CC 3 STARS)
2. Sonic Advance (Sonic)

bleh. music is bad and the last 2 act zone was dogshit. will not be continuing with this

i remember the first stage's music fondly

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
a lot of it is okay but it being made for the gba is a severe handicap

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWDJhIpep4o this song is good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

mycophobia posted:

a lot of it is okay but it being made for the gba is a severe handicap

yeah, the instrumentation on a bunch of these is really rough

oh huh, this was from advance? i completely forgot in fact i remember it sounding better than it does. i recall a lot of people mentioning one from advance 3 like chaos zone or whatever. i dont think i ever played more than a couple stages of it.

even though this is to me the quintessential gba good song it still seems like with a better chip it could really sing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrpoqgIG28I