Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!

Baron von Eevl posted:

Eh, he posted it under a fake name and that actually might be. If his intention was impersonating someone else for the purpose of making that person a target of cops then that might qualify as harassment of that person.

Nah, this is entirely about cops being embarrassed and trumping up charges. He didn't even use an actual photo of the grave, it was an album cover he put the guy's face on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karia
Mar 27, 2013

Self-portrait, Snake on a Plane
Oil painting, c. 1482-1484
Leonardo DaVinci (1452-1591)

Baron von Eevl posted:

Eh, he posted it under a fake name and that actually might be. If his intention was impersonating someone else for the purpose of making that person a target of cops then that might qualify as harassment of that person.

Yeah, well, you're impersonating nobility for the sake of embarrassing via your bad legal takes, so glass houses etc.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Baron von Eevl posted:

Must have a really long tongue if you have to stretch this much to lick boots.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

This bot is able to use contractions, impressive

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Baron von Eevl posted:

It’s absolutely not about the dude harassing someone named Joseph Callaway.

https://mobile.twitter.com/BadLegalTakes/status/1353009231935377409

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

AlbieQuirky posted:

It’s absolutely not about the dude harassing someone named Joseph Callaway.

https://mobile.twitter.com/BadLegalTakes/status/1353009231935377409

lol fair enough!

edit: wait how does this prove he wasn't trying to get the cops to go after someone else?

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Must have a really long tongue if you have to stretch this much to lick boots.

Oh eat poo poo, it's not boot licking to say "he might have been arrested for harassing someone else" even if turns out to not be correct.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Baron von Eevl posted:

lol fair enough!

Oh eat poo poo, it's not boot licking to say "he might have been arrested for harassing someone else" even if turns out to not be correct.

Yes it is because you made up a reason the cops are right up out of thin air based on nothing

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Piell posted:

Yes it is because you made up a reason the cops are right up out of thin air based on nothing

It's a hypothetical, I'm not saying that's what definitely happened. Making something up out of thin air would be like saying I'm pro-cop because I said "maybe this guy was trying to get someone else in trouble."

edit: I'm not even saying that's what happened, I'm saying that it would potentially be illegal to do that, jesus

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

“well maybe the cops aren’t being vindictive shits” says the person who just awoke from the coma they have been in literally their entire life to this point

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
For the record cops are exactly dumb enough and petty enough to launch a major investigation into "who photoshopped someone pissing on a guy we like's grave" but the fake name thing makes me thing there's like a tiny chance maybe this guy was trying to make someone else look bad instead of just covering his own identity.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Baron von Eevl posted:

For the record cops are exactly dumb enough and petty enough to launch a major investigation into "who photoshopped someone pissing on a guy we like's grave" but the fake name thing makes me thing there's like a tiny chance maybe this guy was trying to make someone else look bad instead of just covering his own identity.

we have arrested the evil terrorist, calvin, and his henchman, hobbes

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Arivia posted:

Thank god, now to work on the case of "who disrespected the Ford logo."

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Arivia posted:

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
More like "dicks on police"

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I got a speeding ticket from the Dickens County Sheriff's Department once.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Dear god, he's struck again

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

I read it as DicksOnPolice at first, which made it both more confusing and funnier.

^^ ha, beaten ^^

Karia
Mar 27, 2013

Self-portrait, Snake on a Plane
Oil painting, c. 1482-1484
Leonardo DaVinci (1452-1591)

More like dicks in(side the car), amiright?

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
You're going to jail, Bobby Digital

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

He missed a really good opportunity to reply "The robots".

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!

Baron von Eevl posted:

The cops and the TBI literally said the reason for the arrest was making the photoshop, not for some convoluted framing attempt.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

I would like to preface this by saying that I do know Bernie Sanders was arrested during a civil rights protest, and that there are pictures of it

However, I think all the people going OMG MY PRESIDENT at this picture of a man who is definitely not Bernie Sanders is very funny

https://twitter.com/FParianen/status/1352375433803804673?s=20

Slowpoke Rodriguez
Jun 20, 2009

Splicer posted:

You're going to jail, Bobby Digital

But only because you're trying to frame someone actually named Bobby Digital. That qualifies as harassment of that person.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Also if the fictional frame up photoshop was the only thing the guy did against this Joseph Callaway I doubt it rises to the level of criminal harassments, especially given how cops treat actual, serious, sustained campaigns of online harassment.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Badger of Basra posted:

I would like to preface this by saying that I do know Bernie Sanders was arrested during a civil rights protest, and that there are pictures of it

However, I think all the people going OMG MY PRESIDENT at this picture of a man who is definitely not Bernie Sanders is very funny

https://twitter.com/FParianen/status/1352375433803804673?s=20

This would be a lot better if there was a screenshot of the deleted Tweet.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Admiral Joeslop posted:

It was a photo of a white man and a black woman sitting in front of a police car from the 60s. I'm guessing it was deleted because it wasn't actually Bernie Sanders, but the guy did look pretty similar to Bernie Sanders in the photo of him being arrested back in the 60s.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Ah they let it get up to 12k likes so I figure they'd leave it up. Anyway it was referring to a picture from this story: https://www.latimes.com/nation/politics/ct-bernie-sanders-1963-chicago-arrest-20160219-story.html

The photo with Bernie is 1/27 in the slideshow but they posted photo 3/27.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Badger of Basra posted:

Ah they let it get up to 12k likes so I figure they'd leave it up. Anyway it was referring to a picture from this story: https://www.latimes.com/nation/politics/ct-bernie-sanders-1963-chicago-arrest-20160219-story.html

The photo with Bernie is 1/27 in the slideshow but they posted photo 3/27.

Yeah, I could see the mistake, first two photos in the slide show have Bernie Sanders and in the third photo is an unidentified man that kinda looks like Bernie in the first two.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
https://twitter.com/dreyfusjames/status/1352973898325905410?s=21

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

love to get mad at an algorithm that is adjusting to my own actions

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

ben shapino posted:

love to get mad at an algorithm that is adjusting to my own actions

Does iphone change it's autocorrect based on your inputs, but then still have a swear filter.

I know most android keyboards do (without a filter), which made me realize how often I cuss in text messages the first time I actually wanted to write "ducking."

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

:wom:

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
Lmao https://twitter.com/theangelremiel/status/1352993743855628293?s=21

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

HAHAHAHAHAHA that is loving amazing

What a dumbass

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Skwirl posted:

Does iphone change it's autocorrect based on your inputs, but then still have a swear filter.

I know most android keyboards do (without a filter), which made me realize how often I cuss in text messages the first time I actually wanted to write "ducking."

It does, yeah. It's super obvious if you're bilingual and not particularly dilligent about language settings; it'll learn all the basic terms for "alright" "see you there" and such in no time at all.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

It does, yeah. It's super obvious if you're bilingual and not particularly dilligent about language settings; it'll learn all the basic terms for "alright" "see you there" and such in no time at all.

It makes sense. I think for whatever reason I thought it didn't, just because it had the cussing filter, but the fact you can get around the cussing filter by adding cusswords to your contact list means the dictionary updates based on use.

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK
You don't have to add them to your contact list. Go settings > general > keyboard > text replacement and enter them there.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Weatherman posted:

You don't have to add them to your contact list. Go settings > general > keyboard > text replacement and enter them there.

I've only been on android, I just remembered the "contacts" trick from friends bitching about not being able to cuss in text.

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK
Oh my mistake, I thought you had said you were on iOS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I've never had that particular issue; even if I have the keyboard set to English and type out 'gently caress' or whatever, it won't try to change it. It won't recommend swears and if I end up putting in 'fuvk' or something it'll suggest 'duck' rather than what I probably meant, but I've never had a phone that actively tried to prevent me from swearing, even on iOS.