Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."
Imagine four ligmas at the base of a mineshaft...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer

Vagabong posted:

As much as I think that alot has been made out of a single soundbite, this strikes me as a very optimistic reading of his intent.

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2020/09/biden-2020-agenda-wall-street-silicon-valley-progressives.html posted:

“Truth of the matter is, you all know, you all know in your gut what has to be done,” Biden told his wealthy patrons, shortly after his campaign launch. “We can disagree in the margins. But the truth of the matter is, it’s all within our wheelhouse and nobody has to be punished. No one’s standard of living would change. Nothing would fundamentally change … When you have income inequality as large as we have in the United States today, it brews and ferments political discord and basic revolution. It allows demagogues to step in.”

He was trying to sell them on income redistribution by saying the alternative is revolution.

SimonChris fucked around with this message at 09:02 on Jan 23, 2021

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

itskage posted:

I thought he died of ligma?

Lignite actually :dadjoke:

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

And of course, no apology to Leo Baxendale.

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

I think a previous iteration of this thread pointed out that "coal miner" used to be the last resort job for dead-end losers, and it wasn't until it became a way to push back against climate issues that coal miners were seen as a noble Blue Collar True American™ archetype.

SniHjen
Oct 22, 2010

Joe Biden posted:

you all know, you all know in your gut what has to be done
nobody has to be punished.
"your" standard of living wouldn't change.
Nothing (for you) would fundamentally change

Reads to me as "no, we aren't going to take all of your money, just, come one, at least chip in a bit."

UZworm
Feb 9, 2009

Young wild Elsweyrian
C'mon baby, do you have a soul gem

rydiafan posted:

I wish people could get it through their head that coal only employs like 50,000 people in America.

But you see it would be more if not for BIG GREEN

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

SniHjen posted:

Reads to me as "no, we aren't going to take all of your money, just, come one, at least chip in a bit."

You do realise how this isn't much better?

Last time, it had to be 'Start sharing the wealth or get ready to join the Tsars in Hell.'

Hitler B. Natural
Feb 11, 2014

Stephen Collins:

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Larry King just croaked from the Rona so I guess that's tomorrows strips.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Hitler B. Natural posted:

Stephen Collins:

Absolutely love the last panel. Collins is still the best.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

MechaCrash posted:

I think a previous iteration of this thread pointed out that "coal miner" used to be the last resort job for dead-end losers, and it wasn't until it became a way to push back against climate issues that coal miners were seen as a noble Blue Collar True American™ archetype.

Any coal miner will tell you that they don't want to lose their job but also doesn't want their children to follow in their footsteps.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Ben Garrison posted:

WELL THAT DIDN’T TAKE LONG!

The Fraud In Chief, barely 24 hours into his illegitimate presidency, betrays our troops.

Contrary to the glowing praise heaped upon Biden from Marxist boot-licker news networks such as CNN, Joe is a screw up. He always has been a screw up and he always will be. He used thousands of military men to protect him at his inauguration. He also wanted them there to provide an illusion that there were actually people there in attendance. After he was done with them, he tossed them aside like a kid does when he’s finished playing with plastic army men.

After Pelosi screamed for more and more troops to protect ‘her’ capitol from a non-existent threat, our military were forced into a cold parking garage instead of being provided sleeping quarters in a warm building.

The story is that a member of the National Guard was not wearing a mask on federal property (just like the Cheater in Chief) and some Democrat congressworm freaked out. This resulted in the troops being forced into an underground parking garage with no sleeping mats and only ONE bathroom.

Compare this disgusting treatment of the military to how President Trump treated the troops…tells you everything!

The Military is not the Democrats’ play things.

Never before in American history did troops turn their backs to their commander in chief. Yes, it happened when the Fraud in Chief Biden’s motorcade drove by on Wednesday.

https://youtu.be/e7HUqbU4PUs

Cheater in Chief Biden is not our president, and many in the military seems to agree with our opinion!

This morning OANN reported that President Trump has given permission for the troops to stay at his lavish Trump Hotel in Washington DC.

TRUMP LOVES THE TROOPS. BIDEN USES THEM AS DECORATION AND CANNON FODDER.

WHICH AMERICA DO YOU WANT TO LIVE IN?
1. Some Capitol Cop told the guard to move to the parking garage. As you might imagine, Biden is not micromanaging the guard like some kind of RTS, and the situation was rectified once word got out.

2. As I’m sure two seconds of thought has already told you, the troops are there for security, not to look pretty. So yeah, most of them are looking outward for potential threats. This may be a surprise to Garrison, who has likely gotten used to Trump treating the troops as props for four years. Look at the rope keeping the troops away from Trump lol.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Sitting around doing nothing in lovely places is like 90% of what the military does, Ben. They're big boys and girls, I'm sure they can handle being bored in a garage for a few hours.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Is "exit only" an "oh no, not my butt" joke or am I damaged?

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

rydiafan posted:

I wish people could get it through their head that coal only employs like 50,000 people in America.
When you stack it up against Coronavirus deaths it does put a few things in perspective.

Fister Roboto posted:

Sitting around doing nothing in lovely places is like 90% of what the military does, Ben. They're big boys and girls, I'm sure they can handle being bored in a garage for a few hours.
Look, they even have phones! They're fine!

duffmensch
Feb 20, 2004

Duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem!
The “non existent threat” that killed 5 people only two weeks before..

UZworm
Feb 9, 2009

Young wild Elsweyrian

BonHair posted:

Is "exit only" an "oh no, not my butt" joke or am I damaged?

It could be both!

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

It's a bad look, and someone hosed up by doing it, but they weren't there for too long, and everyone agrees it was the wrong way to handle it. Republicans are just desperate for a win.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

duffmensch posted:

The “non existent threat” that killed 5 people only two weeks before..

Weren't the people killed the actual threat actors though? It did they kill bystanders and/or capitol staff?

Because I don't think any amount of military presence can prevent a fit from tasering his own nuts and dying from it.

Not that I don't agree that threat was real to some degree.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

BonHair posted:

Weren't the people killed the actual threat actors though? It did they kill bystanders and/or capitol staff?

Because I don't think any amount of military presence can prevent a fit from tasering his own nuts and dying from it.

Not that I don't agree that threat was real to some degree.

One policeman was beaten to death and the nut taser didn't actually happen.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Stultus Maximus posted:

the nut taser didn't actually happen.

You shut your loving mouth.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Stultus Maximus posted:

Sounds like something a guy who tasered his own balls would want people to think :colbert:

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

Stultus Maximus posted:

Taser is cannon now, just accept it.

Captain Kosmos
Mar 28, 2010

think of it like the "Who's Who" of genitals

Stultus Maximus posted:

If it didn't happen then why there's gif about it. :thunk:

Checkmate.

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Stultus Maximus posted:

Sure, bro,

Now you’re gonna try and tell us that Kent State Gun Girl didn’t poo poo herself at a frat party, and Glenn Beck didn’t murder a girl in 1990.

Captain Kosmos
Mar 28, 2010

It also looks like Zyklon Ben got banned on Twitter. @RrrgThe Can't remember if that's same account as the old one or did he make new.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Stultus Maximus posted:

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

How are u posted:

Taser is cannon now, just accept it.

You'd still be picking up pieces of him if it had been a cannon.

UZworm
Feb 9, 2009

Young wild Elsweyrian

Jedit posted:

You'd still be picking up pieces of him if it had been a cannon.

And I'm sure Snopes would have called his wife about that too.

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

Captain Kosmos posted:

It also looks like Zyklon Ben got banned on Twitter. @RrrgThe Can't remember if that's same account as the old one or did he make new.

Yeah, his usual account was banned in the purge after the Capitol siege.

Captain Kosmos
Mar 28, 2010

Vivian Darkbloom posted:

Yeah, his usual account was banned in the purge after the Capitol siege.

Couldn't remember if it was suspended, banned or just moved away from the Anarcho-Bidenist Twitter.
Kinda pathetic to creep back like that, after making huge noice about how horrible they are.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Stultus Maximus posted:

and the nut taser didn't actually happen.

There is no evidence it didnt happen - the Snopes "evidence" was the guys wife say so. A highly bias source with no actual knowledge of the event is not evidence.

Tazed balls on the other hand is plausible until proven otherwise.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I just can't get over how ARE TROOPS suddenly become the most fragile, coddled little babies in the eyes of people like Garrison as soon as the Democrats are in charge. Oh no their poor widdle toesies got cold :qq:

I was in plenty of way shittier places when I was in, and I was a loving office nerd.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

predicto posted:

Sure, bro,

Now you’re gonna try and tell us that Kent State Gun Girl didn’t poo poo herself at a frat party, and Glenn Beck didn’t murder a girl in 1990.

Ted Cruz is still the Zodiac Killer, though.

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

Captain Kosmos posted:

Couldn't remember if it was suspended, banned or just moved away from the Anarcho-Bidenist Twitter.
Kinda pathetic to creep back like that, after making huge noice about how horrible they are.

Dude was literally retweeting Stonetoss by the end. It's been such a torturous journey from the libertarian days!

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Pants Donkey posted:

1. Some Capitol Cop told the guard to move to the parking garage. As you might imagine, Biden is not micromanaging the guard like some kind of RTS, and the situation was rectified once word got out.

2. As I’m sure two seconds of thought has already told you, the troops are there for security, not to look pretty. So yeah, most of them are looking outward for potential threats. This may be a surprise to Garrison, who has likely gotten used to Trump treating the troops as props for four years. Look at the rope keeping the troops away from Trump lol.

Hey Garrison remind us please why the troops are there in the first place.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Vivian Darkbloom posted:

It's been such a torturous journey from the libertarian days!

Don't forget his old cartoon about how policemen are authoritarian shitheads and his 180 to a complete BACK THE BLUE BLUE LIVES MATTER.

Grape posted:

Hey Garrison remind us please why the troops are there in the first place.

Obviously because of the false flag perpetuated by Antifa and BLM, which was bad but if it had actually been our guys doing it it would have been good and patriotic.

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Vivian Darkbloom posted:

Dude was literally retweeting Stonetoss by the end. It's been such a torturous journey from the libertarian days!

The only libertarians that aren't secret Nazis are the libertarians that are secret Monarchists.

https://twitter.com/LibertyHangout/status/1346886192990744580

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SniHjen
Oct 22, 2010

BonHair posted:

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

one of the 6 people here that are pretending someone wasn't murdered on that day.