Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

mcmagic posted:

I guarantee you that none of the current free speech crew lifted a finger to defend Finkelstein when noted Epstein linked pedophile Alan Dershowitz destroyed his career. Great interview.

wouldn't you know it, the signatories of the free speech crew are crazy about open-air concentration camps!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I don't think the concentration camps being open air makes them better.

THS
Sep 15, 2017

Joementum posted:

glenn's always been a free speech absolutist which led him to those views and also Citizens United was a good decision

honestly thats a pretty good article, i don’t necessarily 100% agree with the whole thing but he’s totally right that it would have little impact on an already corrupt and money soaked system. do you think any election since would have turned out differently had the decision gone the other way? he’s not making an unhinged argument or anything close to it. it’s definitely contrarian to what liberals were concerned about back in 2010 though

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
i don't want to argue the merits of it, just wanted to point out that glenn will always take the extreme form of any position and then never, ever change

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
glenn walks the walk and is also one of the few to get the better of virgil on a podcast. truly a powerful combination.

ptkfvk
Apr 30, 2013

cumtown, frotcast whenever they get to making an episode, pod yourself a gun their sopranos podcast, trueanon, trillbillies, fun report, various nba podcasts when they touch on what i want to hear about

cumtown has been real solid lately, stavvy has been on fire for a while now. maybe spending a weekend together in the woods did the boys some good. i even started stavs basketball pod and i cannot stand the cohost. just listen for stavs nba expertise

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
Bad Faith also had Richard Wolf on today, which continues their trend of getting some good guests on.

Listening to that and the Finkelstein TrueAnon back to back at work was a fun day

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Ending the bad faith episode with the Enterprise theme is a masterful troll.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
It's funny how Katie Halper keeps people hanging on her stream like 25 mins after the interview is over to just look at random tweets and super chats lol.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
Shoutout to Rock Hard Caucus for this very good episode, going into the iowa democratic party's review of the iowa 2020 caucus.

You know, the one where Buttigieg claimed victory early and the caucus app didn't work. The ineptitude is breathtaking in an unsurprising sort of way

https://twitter.com/rockhardcaucus/status/1343021042936250371?s=20

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat
hows this jimmy dore live stream working out

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Corky Romanovsky posted:

hows this jimmy dore live stream working out

I literally just opened the stream and his guest immediately said “I’m a trostskyist”

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Finkelstein's depiction of his childhood reminds me a lot of the Jewish side of my family. The high school he went to sounds a lot like Brookline High was around the same era (my mom and aunt went there and apparently the neighborhood was lower-middle class back then, though now it's very yuppie and expensive), and my mom/aunt/grandma were also sort of distant from the rest of the Jew community in the area. Though in her case it wasn't due to her parents being European Holocaust survivors, but because sexism meant my grandmother didn't go to college (while her brothers both went to Harvard/MIT and their branches of the family are more "stereotypically American Jewish" as a result). That side of the family came over from Eastern Europe in the early 20th century, so a generation before people like Finkelstein's parents.

Just extremely similar vibes (not just in terms of content, but also "the way he talks about it") to everything I hear my mom say about when she was young (she's 72 so a little older than Finkelstein).

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat
lol, yeah

guy before was that boogaloo that made that speech a few days ago from that tweet

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat
e: forums poo poo the bed

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat
JERRY!

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Gorn Myson posted:

TrueAnon bleeping Finkelstein quoting people saying the n-word is going to come back on everyone involved in that episode.

I hope Finkelstein goes on Cum Town to discuss this censorship

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat

Only registered members can see post attachments!

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Sam Seder argued with Brie for like 3 hours about FTV on youtube. It wasn't bad.

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat

mcmagic posted:

Sam Seder argued with Brie for like 3 hours about FTV on youtube. It wasn't bad.

*looks at username* ...nice try...nice try

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

mcmagic posted:

it was bad for loving dorks like you who got immediately and brutally owned

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

mcmagic posted:

https://twitter.com/AvengerClitoris/status/1352801992062726145

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

Atrocious Joe posted:

I hope Finkelstein goes on Cum Town to discuss this censorship

my god is that what the zero books thing was a prelude to

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Taintrunner posted:

it was bad for loving dorks like you who got immediately and brutally owned

You're such an angry dude. IDK how you maintain that level. I don't feel like I got owned. I got 3 hours of content watching 3 people who I like talk about something.

mcmagic has issued a correction as of 05:24 on Jan 23, 2021

Mr Shiny Pants
Nov 12, 2012
Sam Seder is such a smug dickhead. I tried watching his stuff but I just can't get over him really liking the sound of his own voice.

And the "I am so reasonable but won't stand for anything" angle.

At least with Jimmy you know where he stands on things.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

What a Hell of Way to Die really went out on a limb this week pretending Joe's Brain is in any better shape than Trump's

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
I watched some of his stuff during the primary and when while Michael Brooks was still around. He was a lot better then.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
rip michael brooks was a good comrade

Populon
Mar 1, 2008

What's the matter,scared?

lollontee posted:

rip michael brooks was a good comrade

Cia got him after he went on stavs show. They knew that alliance was too powerful

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

mcmagic posted:

You're such an angry dude. IDK how you maintain that level. I don't feel like I got owned. I got 3 hours of content watching 3 people who I like talk about something.

they’re laughing too, just out of frame

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

"We're not laughing with you, we're laughing at you"

Holy poo poo, I've listened to ALAB for the first time and it's hilarious, and I'm also pretty sure shawn michaels host this, one of the dudes voices is so similar to his.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Antifa Poltergeist posted:

Holy poo poo, I've listened to ALAB for the first time and it's hilarious, and I'm also pretty sure shawn michaels host this, one of the dudes voices is so similar to his.

There are 3 dudes on that podcast that sound exactly the same.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Populon posted:

Cia got him after he went on stavs show. They knew that alliance was too powerful
michael brooks, michael hastings

not a good time to be a michael journalist

nichael whatever you do dont become a journalist

e: although i don't think cia/"deep state" actually killed michael brooks though, genuinely seems like just a freak death. michael hastings was 1000% absolutely blasted to smithereens by the CIA though

Xaris has issued a correction as of 23:17 on Jan 23, 2021

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
awaiting years of content from Chapo correspondent Lou Perltzman

AnimeIsTrash posted:

There are 3 dudes on that podcast that sound exactly the same.
tbf everyone sounds like a Wookiepedia editor when playing against Tarik

THS
Sep 15, 2017

Antifa Poltergeist posted:

ALAB is really great

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I'm genuinely happy for Felix that he gets so much enjoyment from this terrible bit that everybody hates

Salean
Mar 17, 2004

Homewrecker

Gripweed posted:

I'm genuinely happy for Felix that he gets so much enjoyment from this terrible bit that everybody hates

yeah do you even know how much chapo makes?? disgusting

THS
Sep 15, 2017

holy poo poo the norm finkelstein interview is incredible

Gods_Butthole
Aug 9, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
I've been listening a lot to Desert Oracle Radio recently. The host was a guest on Trillbillys a couple of times which is where I learned about it. It's a great not-directly political podcast/radio show where the host talks about cool poo poo in the Mojave desert. Lots of historical stories, UFO sightings, ecology, and local economics/politics. Super chilled out atmosphere, great for listening to right before bed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uninterrupted
Jun 20, 2011
so I started revolutions w the French Revolution and made it all the way to the latest on the Russian Revolution, and I really don’t care about the English or American revolutions.

does anyone put out similar content to him, but ideally centered on Asia or Africa? revolutions is good but feels eurocentric and I wanna branch out a bit.