Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES
how do people get constellations for kaeya? standard rolls and the starglitter shop? He seems like constellations really help him but gently caress if I can get any

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

dogsicle posted:

a freeze C1 Kaeya team has 75% crit rate so you can basically coast on substats while focusing on cdmg. main question is whether you run physical or cryo conversion
Is there a consensus on that? I'd love to have a use for this stupid rear end flute. I guess you'd really want to gear chongyun in 4 piece blizzard too if you were running that.

The Crusher
Aug 13, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT HOW MUCH I LOVE NEKOMIMI CLIFFYB

dogsicle posted:

a freeze C1 Kaeya team has 75% crit rate so you can basically coast on substats while focusing on cdmg. main question is whether you run physical or cryo conversion

If I had a C2 Kaeya, I'd likely build him as a glacial waltz support for Childe. Assuming an OP childe, that would give me heavy-hitting cryo AoE against perma-frozen enemies for 15 seconds. The Dream is Beidou ult>Kaeya Ult>Let childe absolutely wreck everything.

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?

zgrowler2 posted:

i dunno how people can keep up with genshin streamers and the like. poo poo's a recipe for disaster

Just watch Enviosity and you can feel good about any character you have.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

No Wave posted:

Is there a consensus on that? I'd love to have a use for this stupid rear end flute. I guess you'd really want to gear chongyun in 4 piece blizzard too if you were running that.

i never got into the thing of game/character resources being stuck in a discord so i haven't seen much about him yet that compares 1.2 builds to his prior phys sc stuff. freeze making both easy crit stacking and charge spam viable makes me think it's the better option, doesn't hurt that's it's more farmable than doing phys sc Kaeya with a Glad set.

Chong i'd assume uses Noblesse and BS, either mix or full set of one. i can't even get a complete 5* set of BS for Kaeya to begin with though

The Crusher posted:

If I had a C2 Kaeya, I'd likely build him as a glacial waltz support for Childe. Assuming an OP childe, that would give me heavy-hitting cryo AoE against perma-frozen enemies for 15 seconds. The Dream is Beidou ult>Kaeya Ult>Let childe absolutely wreck everything.

and then you can build 4pc BS Childe :aaa:

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I'd assumed you'd run 4 piece blizzard either way and would just set up cryo with Kaeya E. What I meant was I wasn't sure if it would be better to run superconduct + prototype rancour or with chongyun conversion + anemo + flute. I guess the 2-piece cryo bonus makes a pretty good argument for the chongyun version, plus you won't have to worry about superconduct purging cryo status. (I really want to find a use for this flute)

No Wave fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Jan 23, 2021

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Sexual Aluminum posted:

How do I ganyu? I keep getting knocked out of aim by being hit.

Not sure if this would work, but it's possible that having the Geo resonance (from two Geo characters) might negate the disruption (and it's more viable due to Ganyu apparently not caring as much about reactions).

The Crusher
Aug 13, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT HOW MUCH I LOVE NEKOMIMI CLIFFYB

Ytlaya posted:

Not sure if this would work, but it's possible that having the Geo resonance (from two Geo characters) might negate the disruption (and it's more viable due to Ganyu apparently not caring as much about reactions).

I never noticed this very much and I run a constant 2 Geo comp. And probably good I never noticed it much because the Geo Buff in 1.3 is removing this text from the resonance. If flinching is a major issue. using a shield and swapping to Ganyu would provide the same effect!

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

https://twitch.tv/jenlosi

If anyone wants Ganyu/Qiqi art signed by their EN VAs.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

dogsicle posted:

i never got into the thing of game/character resources being stuck in a discord so i haven't seen much about him yet that compares 1.2 builds to his prior phys sc stuff. freeze making both easy crit stacking and charge spam viable makes me think it's the better option, doesn't hurt that's it's more farmable than doing phys sc Kaeya with a Glad set.

Chong i'd assume uses Noblesse and BS, either mix or full set of one. i can't even get a complete 5* set of BS for Kaeya to begin with though

and then you can build 4pc BS Childe :aaa:

The best cryo freeze team is Kaeya carry, with chong to make all of kaeya's attacks cryo, xq to freeze everything with normals, and Jean for VV and healing.

You want Chong there because Kaeya's e and q are big chunks of damage and single damage scaling is better than split. Chong would want full noblesse because he's 40 energy and with Kaeya will be able to ult off cooldown, and xq wants 2/2 of either depths, noblesse, scholar, or exile depending on your ER situation.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

No Wave posted:

I'd assumed you'd run 4 piece blizzard either way and would just set up cryo with Kaeya E. What I meant was I wasn't sure if it would be better to run superconduct + prototype rancour or with chongyun conversion + anemo + flute. I guess the 2-piece cryo bonus makes a pretty good argument for the chongyun version, plus you won't have to worry about superconduct purging cryo status. (I really want to find a use for this flute)

might mess around and see how the cryo application works between Oz ICDs today but in general trying phys BS seems finicky and tied to C2, while also knowing you'll have the crit bonus dropping out constantly. i stopped leveling Rancour after a while so any comparison i tried with Flute wouldn't be fair 😔

Hackan Slash posted:

Chong would want full noblesse because he's 40 energy and with Kaeya will be able to ult off cooldown

this is exactly why i was thinking full Noblesse would be an option for Chong, he has the best uptime while everyone else has more specific artifact wants. 4pc BS was already a stretch even though the idea is he'd get easy burst crits, since you lose 20% of it after the first sword lands and shatters.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Lol 3 good sub stats is greedy as gently caress there’s no reason to chase that if you aren’t done with everything else. And childe actually stays on field and can use hp/def.

Like you have much better odds of upgrading a crit stat into 20% than hitting perfect substats, at which point the difference between that good piece and a godroll is barely anything.

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Boris Galerkin posted:

I think there’s no lying but people are just really bad with probability. IIRC Apple had to change their “shuffle” algorithm from a true (well, as true as can be) random shuffle to one that takes into account of songs recently played because a true random algorithm would/could end up playing the same song over and over again cause that’s just how independent probability works. This doesn’t “feel” random so they changed it.

foobar2k has random and shuffle, IMO way better naming (random can repeat stuff, shuffle shuffles the playlist, then plays it).

Bananasaurus Rex posted:

I use ganyu on ps5 and just put the wanders troupe on her. I get ridiculously big melt damage when I manage to burn things with xiangling but that requires getting super close and I'd rather go pew pew from a distance. Elemental reactions be damned.

Tfw everyone just forgets about Amber, even only as pyro enabler...

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Sanya Juutilainen posted:

Tfw everyone just forgets about Amber, even only as pyro enabler...

If you can trigger her C2 Baron Bunny as Ganyu maybe but good luck getting C2 Amber.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I have a C3 amber off of <150 standard rolls. I can try out ganyu on bunny to see what happens.

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE
I have C2 Kaeya and cleared Abyss 11 second half with a freeze comp consisting of Kaeya/Chongyun (unleveled instructor set, level 50 debate club)/XQ/Sucrose. I used Prototype Rancour as a stat stick because I didn't have anything else and it worked anyway because of the floor buff. Then I pulled Ganyu and benched Kaeya for the time being because the freeze comp with him as the carry was the only use I had for him. I don't have Klee, Diluc or a physical carry so there's just no teamcomp I have that he fits into. Maybe if I build a physical set for Keqing, then I could run Keqing/Kaeya/XQ or something like that.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Even though I never use her, I am very annoyed that the 1.3 video doesn't have both of the Traveller's voice actors participating.

And oh no, I've thought it through some more, do I get Ningguang's C5 from this event or Chongyun's C1 instead...

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

Did they ever fix Zhongli's story quest not having paimon voice acting? That was going to be fixed eventually right?

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

xedo posted:

Did they ever fix Zhongli's story quest not having paimon voice acting? That was going to be fixed eventually right?
they fixed it in 1.2

yeah it took that long

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES

RareAcumen posted:

Even though I never use her, I am very annoyed that the 1.3 video doesn't have both of the Traveller's voice actors participating.

And oh no, I've thought it through some more, do I get Ningguang's C5 from this event or Chongyun's C1 instead...

[chants] Ning Ning Ning Ning

I'm getting C6 :unsmigghh:

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

I have Ning at C5 and use her as a main carry, but I'm reluctant to pick up another copy during the event just because it means that the next Ning that I inevitably get will be a useless waste of rolls.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Vargs posted:

I have Ning at C5 and use her as a main carry, but I'm reluctant to pick up another copy during the event just because it means that the next Ning that I inevitably get will be a useless waste of rolls.

Okay, but do you want to not get her C6 because you're worried about reducing the value of theoretical future rolls?

And thus not have her C6 for like eight months?

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Consider that Ning C6 is ridiculous and good.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

The cubes for this event loving suck, I hope they don't eventually replace the overworld ones.

Detheros fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Jan 24, 2021

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe
They better not. I decided to get fish up another ascension level and it felt so good to one cycle a hypo again. Then I got the trash gem and artifact drops and remembered why these things are the worst, event or no event.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
Is it not possible to pet the dogs?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

aparmenideanmonad posted:

They better not. I decided to get fish up another ascension level and it felt so good to one cycle a hypo again. Then I got the trash gem and artifact drops and remembered why these things are the worst, event or no event.

Someone hasn't fought the Oceanid yet.

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
Has anyone tried Xinyan as a melt Ganyu support? It seems like it could kinda work with a Sac Greatsword. I'm not sure if the L3 shield pyro pulses would be useful or not.

My Xinyan is only level 20 and I'm pretty tapped out on resources after getting Ganyu up to speed.

Also, holy poo poo Ganyu is so good.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
I like a couple of the new cube mechanics, like punching spawned widgets to generate updraughts during the anemo fight

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Xinyan's cooldowns are way too long and her shield is not great for bosses if she's not C2.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
The event cubes are only worse than the normal ones because of the time limit. The electro is basically the same, the anemo one has more interesting mechanics due to on demand epdrafts, and the geo is actually easier.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
I love the cube event I say with my 80/90 Klee, her 90 skyward atlas, and my 80/90 Zhong.

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe

Some Numbers posted:

Someone hasn't fought the Oceanid yet.
I'm one of the weird people who doesn't mind Oceanid because it's a unique encounter and there's some variety even if you're grinding it, but I also have a strongly kitted Ning so it's a fairly trivial fight. I imagine it's even easier for all the new Ganyu users.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Detheros posted:

The cubes for this event loving suck, I hope they don't eventually replace the overworld ones.

I would be fine with replacing the regular ones if we didn't get a sadness worth of mats. Like make them the WL8 ones but give me more poo poo. The ascension mats are like the worst use of resin.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

brainwrinkle posted:

Has anyone tried Xinyan as a melt Ganyu support? It seems like it could kinda work with a Sac Greatsword. I'm not sure if the L3 shield pyro pulses would be useful or not.

My Xinyan is only level 20 and I'm pretty tapped out on resources after getting Ganyu up to speed.

Also, holy poo poo Ganyu is so good.

her pyro application is all basically melee-range, it doesn't seem like a good fit regardless of build.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

We should brigade every survey telling them to stop making events where enemies stop dropping materials.

There's no reason we shouldn't have also gotten some gems or the unique cube drops from fighting these things too. Not the same as the overworld ones because then people would just co-op these things to death for all of the characters that use them, but it should've been more than zero at least.

RareAcumen fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Jan 24, 2021

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

RareAcumen posted:

We should brigade every survey telling them to stop making events where enemies stop dropping materials.

I'm down with this

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the event anemo cube was good, it's hard to go wrong with adding two stuns to a boss's pattern at the cost of an easily avoidable attack

electro got what is basically another invuln phase, geo was probably too punishing for "failure" but it more bothered me how deliberate/rote it was

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
Whenever they release one of the surveys, always say you are at least "Somewhat Dissatisfied" with every single thing they ask about. If you do this, they'll ask you why. If you say you're satisfied or neutral they won't ask. You can always click Other and put in "I enjoyed it, but..."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

Sexual Aluminum posted:

How do I ganyu? I keep getting knocked out of aim by being hit.

Probably in order of effectiveness:
1.Take advantage of her E bloom when enemies get close, use it defensively rather than offensively.
2. Use XingQiu's ult and alternate between charged shots and normal shots to keep enemies perma-frozen if you have him, use another water user if you dont. XQ/Ganyu are like peanut butter/chocogoat.
3. Use Jean or anemo traveler to push enemies back.
4. Use shields.
5. Use geo traveler to put rock under their feet, most enemies cant get off or can't get you if you get on the rocks yourself.
6. Use Ning's screen to protect against ranged attacks.
7. Amber's bear also grabs aggro.
8. Over-level your Xiangling/Ganyu and just melt them