Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Sockser posted:

Nabbed a complete Tripredacus off ebay for $100. Every limb, every insect leg, all the weapons, fantastic

I had figured in the 20 years since I lost/sold/threw out my Tripredacus, I'd have enough wisdom to be able to transform the beetle, but no.

Cicadacon? Fantastic
Sea Clamp? Fantastic
Ram Horn? Dogshit. Absolute hogshit transformer that seems to defy the laws of three dimensional space, and I understand why I just left the bastard in "Tripredacus's Arms" mode all the time as a kid

Tripredacus is still dope as gently caress though, and he honestly doesn't look or feel terribly out of place against lots of modern Transformers

Nice! I've got my eye on Tripredacus and Magnaboss; I didn't pick them up when I had the chance the first time round but they've both always fascinated me. They're on my "to find" list, along with an RiD 2001 Prowl that isn't nicotine-yellow from the sun and an RiD Landfill that won't cost me three organs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

Phy posted:

Welp, looks like I'm gonna be putting the band back together. God drat you Hasbro.

Rat-jazz hands

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
https://twitter.com/Cheetimus/status/1352866154734211074

Who are the three in wave 3, one is Sideways, but the only one that looks like anything to me is the second one down is Squeezeplay?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
What the poo poo, they're making new characters? This is bullshit! I thought I could ignore that line!

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

Anora posted:

Who are the three in wave 3, one is Sideways, but the only one that looks like anything to me is the second one down is Squeezeplay?

Oh hell yeah gimme a Squeezeplay! I've got him around the house somewhere.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Anora posted:

Looks like Armada Sideways, Squeezeplay (though the colours look off...), and the top looks like Chromedome's original character model (rather than the Titans Return update), but that figure was never redeco'd or retooled. Most importantly, it isn't Nightbeat so I don't have to worry about buying yet more toys.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
It’s a fake. Click the Twitter post, the top bot’s art was taken from someone’s recolor on Deviantart.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

Sockser posted:

Nabbed a complete Tripredacus off ebay for $100. Every limb, every insect leg, all the weapons, fantastic

I had figured in the 20 years since I lost/sold/threw out my Tripredacus, I'd have enough wisdom to be able to transform the beetle, but no.

Cicadacon? Fantastic
Sea Clamp? Fantastic
Ram Horn? Dogshit. Absolute hogshit transformer that seems to defy the laws of three dimensional space, and I understand why I just left the bastard in "Tripredacus's Arms" mode all the time as a kid

Tripredacus is still dope as gently caress though, and he honestly doesn't look or feel terribly out of place against lots of modern Transformers

Both of those sets have one dogshit figure who's lost to the combiner mechanics. On Tripredacus it's Ramhorn, on Magnaboss it's Ironhide.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

So I missed the preorders on Fanstoys Smokey (Drag Strip) and so I scrambled to get some other sources for him, ordering multiple since I get two of each of the FT combiners (one for robot display, one for eventual combined display). Today I was checking my TF Source stack and...I guess I HAD preordered Smokey long ago and forgot due to pandemic brain so I may have five of these drat things coming eventually. So if anyone needs a Drag Strip I may be able to help at some point.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Keldroc posted:

So I missed the preorders on Fanstoys Smokey (Drag Strip) and so I scrambled to get some other sources for him, ordering multiple since I get two of each of the FT combiners (one for robot display, one for eventual combined display). Today I was checking my TF Source stack and...I guess I HAD preordered Smokey long ago and forgot due to pandemic brain so I may have five of these drat things coming eventually. So if anyone needs a Drag Strip I may be able to help at some point.

You'll probably be able to make some decent coin flipping those.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Keldroc posted:

Both of those sets have one dogshit figure who's lost to the combiner mechanics. On Tripredacus it's Ramhorn, on Magnaboss it's Ironhide.

See, the thing is, I honestly think it wouldn't be difficult to engineer a Transformer that would still combine like Ramhorn without being a mess. It's not like Combiner Wars where every figure it beholden to a big 1x1x2" peg in their chest to make the gimmick work. For Ramhorn to combine it just needs to have that flat section in its midsection and the bot needs to unfold out from that.
Even ignoring that, Ramhorn barely creates arms-- it's just kind of a mess of beetle shell and nothing, which is weird because it's a beetle and theres a giant hollow beetle shell which holds... a weapon and a big dumb chunk of plastic for that weapon to nest in. I really think it's possible to re-engineer Ramhorn into something not miserable

Someone get me a third-party upgrade kit that replaces Ramhorn with Good Ramhorn, thanks.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Keldroc posted:

I accidentally double-preordered some big Star Trek ships from both BBTS and the company that actually makes them. The company shipped first, and it was too late to get a refund from BBTS, so now I have like $150 store credit there. Could be worse, at least they'll definitely get stuff I like.

Anyway, to make this post on-topic, some interesting new Cyberverse listings:

quote:

Transformers Cyberverse Ultimate S4 Hot Rod
Transformers Cyberverse Ultra S4 Sludge
Transformers Cyberverse Deluxe S4 Slug
Transformers Cyberverse Deluxe S4 Cheetor
Transformers Cyberverse Ultra S4 Ramjet
Transformers Cyberverse Ultimate S4 Volcanicus
Transformers Cyberverse Roll And Combine Assortment
Transformers Cyberverse Roll And Transform Assortment
Transformers Dino Optimus Prime
Transformers Dinobot Defenders
Transformers Dinobot Strikers
Transformers Botbots Dino Store

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Still no Deluxe Cyberverse Windblade :(

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

seems like none of the uk stores have preorders up for fans toys smokey, rip

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Sockser posted:

See, the thing is, I honestly think it wouldn't be difficult to engineer a Transformer that would still combine like Ramhorn without being a mess. It's not like Combiner Wars where every figure it beholden to a big 1x1x2" peg in their chest to make the gimmick work. For Ramhorn to combine it just needs to have that flat section in its midsection and the bot needs to unfold out from that.
Even ignoring that, Ramhorn barely creates arms-- it's just kind of a mess of beetle shell and nothing, which is weird because it's a beetle and theres a giant hollow beetle shell which holds... a weapon and a big dumb chunk of plastic for that weapon to nest in. I really think it's possible to re-engineer Ramhorn into something not miserable

Someone get me a third-party upgrade kit that replaces Ramhorn with Good Ramhorn, thanks.

Nowadays, absolutely. 24 years ago(!), not so much. I'm kind of hoping those two get revisited in Kingdom or beyond.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Cheetor from the cancelled Transformers 6.

I also noticed that the new Beast Wars comics are giving the Maximals and Predacons alt modes based on existing toys. I wonder if we will ever see those repaints in some way.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
There was a Transformers 6 to get cancelled?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Arquinsiel posted:

There was a Transformers 6 to get cancelled?

Isn’t there a BW trilogy of films coming?

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

The Cheetor concept art is apparently from the early development of a mainline sequel that got cancelled in favor of Bumblebee. It might even be something that was done during the Transformers writers' room & art department they set up between 4 and 5 to pitch a bunch of different movie ideas.

If anything, it's probably from whatever version of a Transformers movie these Optimus Primal and giant snake concepts are from.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

I have a question that maybe Rhyno or someone else more tuned into the KO scene than I am might know the answer to. With the extreme demand for Fanstoys and how constantly they're out of stock and burning up the secondary market, why haven't there been tons of Fanstoys KOs? Not that I want them to be KO'd but it seems like a really obvious and easy market to exploit.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Hasbro Pulse is sending out all my kingdom stuff in separate orders instead of just tossing them all into a single box...ok.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

banned from Starbucks posted:

Hasbro Pulse is sending out all my kingdom stuff in separate orders instead of just tossing them all into a single box...ok.

Yeah, they sent me separate emails that Rattrap, Optimus, Vertebreak and Cheetos were all on the way... but don't these things come in cases? I got one of the entire first wave!

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.

Keldroc posted:

I have a question that maybe Rhyno or someone else more tuned into the KO scene than I am might know the answer to. With the extreme demand for Fanstoys and how constantly they're out of stock and burning up the secondary market, why haven't there been tons of Fanstoys KOs? Not that I want them to be KO'd but it seems like a really obvious and easy market to exploit.

Did they get scared off from how XTB (I think?) handled it a few years back?

Like IIRC they way underpriced some combiner to fight a KO and drove them off. I wasn’t really paying attention to the scene then so I may be misremembering.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

They always do that. I've gotten seven boxes from Pulse in one day. It's absurd.

the guy from Semisonic
Jan 13, 2006

Let's kick some gigabutt!

Bleak Gremlin

drrockso20 posted:

So was he stealing them or just being a lazy gently caress?

Just being a lazy gently caress. He would sign for packages with the name of the addressee, and take an "early lunch" (read: go home early) and then actually deliver the package a few days later. That was how he got caught. Someone had a package addressed to their home business and the mailman didn't pay attention very well and signed the name of the business instead of a person's name.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Keldroc posted:

ShowZ's rep said that FT told all retailers if they sold FT kos they would be black listed from all FT product forever. That might carry enough weight.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
This is perverse but I like it.
https://twitter.com/gj5623/status/1352862953473601536?s=20

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
L-lewd...

What is that?

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Threezero Soundwave from the BB movie came in today. He and Ravage are gorgeous.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

There's apparently a 3rd party Bumblebee Movie Soundwave that transforms coming, but the alt mode is yet unrevealed.

Edit:

The MSJ fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Jan 25, 2021

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Soundwave's gotta be the easiest one to make up an alt mode for. Just make him a roughly rectangular cube and say it's a "communications console" or something, and everyone will be happy.

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Joe Fisto posted:

Threezero Soundwave from the BB movie came in today. He and Ravage are gorgeous.

Watched the Vangelus video of that figure the other week and it's way beyond the kind of thing I'd ever collect but it looked super cool

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Knormal posted:

Soundwave's gotta be the easiest one to make up an alt mode for. Just make him a roughly rectangular cube and say it's a "communications console" or something, and everyone will be happy.

Either they want to be faithful to G1 and make him some sort of sound box or faithful to the movie aesthetic and make him some sort of vehicle (official Bumblebee movie toys gave Soundwave G1 Skid's alt mode). Or both, so he's a triple changer.

Prophet of Nixon
May 7, 2007

Thou art not a crook!

Huge fan of predator drone Soundwave from Prime myself, and I also like the black boxy spaceship one from one of the recent lines.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Animated Soundwave or FOC Soundwave are acceptable non-obsolete-electronics altmodes

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Rattrap a tiny dude

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Captain Invictus posted:

Animated Soundwave or FOC Soundwave are acceptable non-obsolete-electronics altmodes

Animated comes with metal guitar Laserbeak, or keytar Ratbat depending on which paintjob you like

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Rattrap a tiny dude

Was gonna post the Mecha Shiva scene from The Venture Brothers but couldn't find a good quality clip of that so have a different but also excellent scene from that show;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHoVsAjTeAM

I feel this scene could also be applied to Transformers

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

I'm not saying Soundwave has to be a box, I'm saying you can make him a box and pretty much no one will be upset. There's not a lot of other characters you can do that with.

The MSJ posted:

(official Bumblebee movie toys gave Soundwave G1 Skid's alt mode)
There was an official Bumblebee movie Soundwave?

Prophet of Nixon posted:

Huge fan of predator drone Soundwave from Prime myself, and I also like the black boxy spaceship one from one of the recent lines.
That was always my favorite non-G1 Soundwave. The only drawback is the lack of room for other "cassettes", though the way Laserbeak integrated into his chest was really cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Original WfC 'wave had the unofficial boombox mode that's even shown in the game. He's the best.

Also, I need to get me some of these stupid things.
https://twitter.com/robo_z/status/1353338227080392704?s=20