Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Weatherman posted:

Oh my mistake, I thought you had said you were on iOS.

The keyboard looked like it was iOS and I didn't have any experience with it, so I didn't know if it actually did change the dictionary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

^^ ahahaha oh Ben, you silly chucklefuck. Fall barefoot down a flight of lego stairs.

Helen not the idiot:
https://twitter.com/mimmymum/status/1353120049574326272?s=20

Karia
Mar 27, 2013

Self-portrait, Snake on a Plane
Oil painting, c. 1482-1484
Leonardo DaVinci (1452-1591)

I feel like Ben should be able to nail cold, crotchety old man really well: he's a conservative, by definition he's old and crotchety beyond his years, and god knows it's been established his marriage is cold and dry. But he totally flubbed the posture.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Karia posted:

I feel like Ben should be able to nail cold, crotchety old man really well: he's a conservative, by definition he's old and crotchety beyond his years, and god knows it's been established his marriage is cold and dry. But he totally flubbed the posture.

His legs are too short for the proper lean back in the chair he's in. He had to sit too far forward to not look like a toddler throwing a fit.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

That photo gets used "mistakenly" so often that I have to think they're doing it on purpose at this point, they know their audience will assume it's a trans woman dominating women's sports and do no further research into it. Mission accomplished.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Also, is trans man the right term for a high school student? Not questioning their gender identity, just questioning using "man" to describe a minor, trans or cis.

Edited for grammar.

Air Skwirl has a new favorite as of 05:25 on Jan 24, 2021

Tjadeth
Sep 16, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion
VOLUNTEER
:nyan:
I believe the proper high school terminology is trans bro

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Skwirl posted:

Also, is transman the right term for a high school student? Not questioning their gender identity, just questioning using "man" to describe a minor, trans or cis.

unless they're calling themselves a boy, yes, you use trans man

the space is important - trans is an adjective, a trans man is a man. a transman would be something different from a "regular" or "normal" man.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Arivia posted:

unless they're calling themselves a boy, yes, you use trans man

the space is important - trans is an adjective, a trans man is a man. a transman would be something different from a "regular" or "normal" man.

Noted and corrected about the space, apologies.

It's probably my own brain worms but I just have flashbacks about news stories of black kids getting arrested that make sure to say "16 year old man arrested in robbery." and obviously, participating in high school sports is not the same as petty theft.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Karia posted:

He's so prissy he can't bring himself to slouch comfortably because GOOD POSTURE!!!

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

repiv posted:

That photo gets used "mistakenly" so often that I have to think they're doing it on purpose at this point, they know their audience will assume it's a trans woman dominating women's sports and do no further research into it. Mission accomplished.
I think it's also a really visceral, unpleasant photograph, both because of the surprise and pain on his opponent's face and the fact that he looks so dissatisfied. Obviously what's actually happening is he's being forced to play in a league that's no longer appropriate for the level of t he's on and he's upset at the misgendering, and the only cruelty is adults misgendering him. But to a bigot, I can see how it'd be easy to read as 'this eeeeevil man is invading a women's space and enjoys hurting girls' because they all have brainworms.

Antioch
Apr 18, 2003

Smol Ben is a grade A Putz, but at least he's wearing a mask now.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

https://twitter.com/CopingMAGA/status/1353236089113251840?s=20

I love the "I've always wondered where the phrase 'the fat lady sings' comes from" and then she just says "it's a colloquialism" without explaining where it comes from.

It has nothing to do with the rest of the video and you could easily leave it out, it's an opera reference.

Air Skwirl has a new favorite as of 08:26 on Jan 24, 2021

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
I want an update from her in march with a lot of crying and whining

sugar mouse
Oct 17, 2006

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
failson has found his purpose in life by being a sockpuppet account

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

"But other than those, Mrs. Lincoln, how were the plays?"

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

"Yeah Joe you're President now, tell Soros to turn off the pandemic!"

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Skwirl posted:

I love the "I've always wondered where the phrase 'the fat lady sings' comes from" and then she just says "it's a colloquialism" without explaining where it comes from.

It has nothing to do with the rest of the video and you could easily leave it out, it's an opera reference.

God conservative shibboleths like “we the people” piss me off and I don’t know why

It’s in the preamble you morons! That’s the least important part!

Elblanco
May 26, 2008

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

God conservative shibboleths like “we the people” piss me off and I don’t know why

But it's the biggest part! That means it's the most important part!

Darkhold
Feb 19, 2011

No Heart❤️
No Soul👻
No Service🙅

Skwirl posted:

I get stuck on paraphrased 'Somewhere power was taken away from the people and given to the federal government. Trump's executive order fixes that'. So a President issuing an order with no oversight or checks that has expanded greatly since the Constitution was signed that overturns an election gives the people more power somehow.

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I HAVE GREAT AVATAR IDEAS
For the Many, Not the Few

Skwirl posted:

"This Land Is Your Land" playing in the background is pretty galling. I don't think Woody Guthrie would have much sympathy with you there pal!

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Darkhold posted:

I get stuck on paraphrased 'Somewhere power was taken away from the people and given to the federal government. Trump's executive order fixes that'. So a President issuing an order with no oversight or checks that has expanded greatly since the Constitution was signed that overturns an election gives the people more power somehow.

She specifically says Trump will be 19th president under the original constitution, so I guess Grant was when the constitution... ooooohhhh

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014

Skwirl posted:

I've always wondered where this saying comes from, so I did some research. Turns out it's a saying! Wow!

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Haha I'm going to use that comparison a lot, it's pretty funny. Probably not satire, though

sugar mouse
Oct 17, 2006

Grem posted:

Haha I'm going to use that comparison a lot, it's pretty funny. Probably not satire, though

I suspect it must be, his next tweet compares how many 9.11s have occurred under Biden.

The real IOSM is that trump Jr retweeted this.

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Darkhold posted:

“Bill of rights first ten or so articles”

It’s exactly the first ten amendments. How do they love this doc so much but not know a single thing about it?

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Ambitious Spider posted:

It’s exactly the first ten amendments. How do they love this doc so much but not know a single thing about it?

It's literally virtue signaling, the thing they project so much. "Loving the Constitution" is good so they love the Constitution, but they're intellectually lazy so why bother reading it when they can get all "knowlege" they need from a Facebook post.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

sugar mouse posted:

I suspect it must be, his next tweet compares how many 9.11s have occurred under Biden.

The real IOSM is that trump Jr retweeted this.

probably mistook him for the other stephen miller

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Ambitious Spider posted:

They know the constitution like they know the bible

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I'm never going to mellow out enough with age that I won't get absolutely diabolically pissed off at using "We the People" as a direct object of the sentence.

YOU DO NOT GIVE POWER TO "WE"

YOU GIVE IT TO "US"

DO YOU NOT GET HOW ENGLISH WORKS AAAAAA

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

mrpwase posted:

"This Land Is Your Land" playing in the background is pretty galling. I don't think Woody Guthrie would have much sympathy with you there pal!

This machine, something something

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

The boy needs longer trousers or better socks.

goldenninjawarrior
Jul 21, 2017

Ninja is supreme and you have double-crossed it!
Why did you do that?
Grimey Drawer

Gats Akimbo posted:

"Yeah Joe you're President now, tell Soros to turn off the pandemic!"

DO SOMETHING

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I gotta be honest, "there have been more covid deaths under Biden's first day than the first three years under Trump, where's the MSM reporting on that huh" was also the first joke I thought of, but I figured no one would be dense enough to take it seriously. Once again, I have underestimated the Trumps.

GreenMetalSun
Oct 12, 2012

Data Graham posted:

I'm never going to mellow out enough with age that I won't get absolutely diabolically pissed off at using "We the People" as a direct object of the sentence.

YOU DO NOT GIVE POWER TO "WE"

YOU GIVE IT TO "US"

DO YOU NOT GET HOW ENGLISH WORKS AAAAAA

He also lost the popular vote (twice), the people's voices were definitely heard.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

GreenMetalSun posted:

He also lost the popular vote (twice), the people's voices were definitely heard.

It was still disturbingly close.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

zakharov posted:

Do we really need child abuse videos itt

No. No, we do not.

Yes, that man in the video is an idiot - actually, far far worse than a mere "idiot" - but the primary purpose of this thread is for laughing at people. Any sort of existential horror in knowing you share a world with them, that they're allowed to vote, etc., is an ancillary benefit. If something you intend to post, especially something audiovisual is just horrifying and dispiriting, it might not be a good fit for the thread, even if it made the rounds on social media.

If you'd like to discuss such things, a link to the content with a description of what the reader is about to see is just good manners. But I think drawing a hard line at "let's look at depictions of people being genuinely horrible to children" isn't unreasonable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
A couple months old, but this tweet from a football reporter just resurfaced in a FF thread.

https://twitter.com/ArmandoSalguero/status/1299189117952065537?s=19