Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What would trump have done if he were still prez
This poll is closed.
bombed the boat 10 10.53%
told the beautiful boaters to ram the boat 45 47.37%
https://i.imgur.com/BvIBJji.jpg 40 42.11%
Total: 95 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

crispyseaweed
Sep 21, 2008

BraveUlysses posted:

imagine the smell

coincidence! those people can only imagine smells now too

edit ed balls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bebop esq
Apr 17, 2006

hi boys

By "Brown" does she mean "Italian"?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

chibi luda
Apr 17, 2013

gotta be honest, the trump content just doesn't hit as hard knowing he can't tweet and isn't in power

the trumps don't work

https://youtu.be/ToQ0n3itoII

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003

emfive posted:

what you said makes sense but I've got oregano, thyme, rosemary, and mint (lots of mint, variety "chocolate" which in my experience does very well in central TX) and I usually grow basil, and I've never had offensively bitter basil or anything else. Of course maybe I'm just used to it, because all the fresh basil that shows up in grocery stores is grown either in South TX or Mexico anyway.

Oregano is a great plant to go if you like the taste of it, we get what amounts to 3 crops a year (like, it goes to seed over and over again). Even freezes don't kill it.

yeah so to be clear soil characteristics also determines this as well. I'm glad you can grow good basil :/

BAE OF PIGS
Nov 28, 2016

Tup
Trump should be allowed to tweet but only in the replies. Also, no one can like or retweet them or respond to them.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Jon Irenicus posted:

as someone who teaches teenagers one of the interesting trends is that many of my students, when teaching Gov. and U.S History, display absolutely no buy-in to the system. why should we listen to the Constitution, let's start all over, the two party system sucks and we should get rid of the Electoral College, etc.

note: this is also a double edged sword for the psycho conservatives too.

Time of Monsters yada yada, terrible and interesting time to be alive as everything falls apart

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.

oxsnard posted:

yeah the kids are all right in general. It seems like they are 70/30 left vs right, but the ones on the right are insane and emboldened to do poo poo like openly yell the n-word

see this very eye opening story
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/viral-video-forced-wealthy-texas-suburb-confront-racism-silent-majority-n1255230

Southlake is extremely bizarre, both by it's visible nature and because when I grew up in Dallas the area in which it is located was literally empty scrubland and swamps. It's all less than about 30 years old, or almost all of it.

emfive has issued a correction as of 18:20 on Jan 24, 2021

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Jon Irenicus posted:

note: this is also a double edged sword for the psycho conservatives too.

i mean there is a solution to that

edumacation

Hairy Marionette
Apr 22, 2005

I am not immune to propaganda

BAE OF PIGS posted:

Trump should be allowed to tweet but only in the replies. Also, no one can like or retweet them or respond to them.

shadowban president trump

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003

emfive posted:

Southlake is extremely bizarre, but by it's visible nature and because when I grew up in Dallas the area in which it is located was literally empty scrubland and swamps. It's all less than about 30 years old, or almost all of it.

my sister lives in the woodlands area, and her husband is black. They experience plenty of this bullshit too, though perhaps a bit more subtle

Hairy Marionette
Apr 22, 2005

I am not immune to propaganda

Hairy Marionette posted:

shadowban president trump

do it @jack. you loving coward.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

trump

speng31b
May 8, 2010

emfive posted:

Southlake is extremely bizarre, but by it's visible nature and because when I grew up in Dallas the area in which it is located was literally empty scrubland and swamps. It's all less than about 30 years old, or almost all of it.

all the dallas bubble exurbs are circles of hell. the unique brand of broken brainedness that happens with people in dallas who want to flee the suburbs for farther more isolated super-suburbs is hard for me to reconcile and these places are all just lovely poo poo poo poo

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
good morning

thinkin bout that wheelchair nazi

america in 2021 is fukin dumb as hell lol

that owns

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
im still going to call him legless nazi boy

gently caress all you haters

Tom Smykowski
Jan 27, 2005

What the hell is wrong with you people?

Harton posted:

Yup, northern Michigan as well.

x2 for the UP

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
https://twitter.com/GuardianUS/status/1353390061665054721

such as, just throwin out an example here, the president

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Schmoe Cwead posted:

pleas respect the office

Tom Smykowski
Jan 27, 2005

Schmoe Cwead posted:

Wait who??

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Schmoe Cwead posted:

well no poo poo they were open about it

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.

speng31b posted:

all the dallas bubble exurbs are circles of hell. the unique brand of broken brainedness that happens with people in dallas who want to flee the suburbs for farther more isolated super-suburbs is hard for me to reconcile and these places are all just lovely poo poo poo poo

well for me the upside of that is now Plano and Richardson (even Garland, though it always was kind-of) are jam-packed with an insane variety of ethnic restaurants. It's like, the worst people voluntarily left, which is OK.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
dr birx is on my list of people who, when they leave this earth permanently, i will celebrate with an adult beverage

speng31b
May 8, 2010

emfive posted:

well for me the upside of that is now Plano and Richardson (even Garland, though it always was kind-of) are jam-packed with an insane variety of ethnic restaurants. It's like, the worst people voluntarily left, which is OK.

yea, plano richardson and garland and that tier of the ring are basically just "dallas" now. the exception is farmers branch/addison which is still the loving worst

Aceofblue
Feb 26, 2009

This is cute and all but dammit where is the love for swing crew?

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

Agrajag posted:

she sure seems super proud of a rebranded nazi/white supremacist group

I bet she's also proud that proud boys want her barefoot and in the kitchen.

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Oh also former-lurker and I drove through there in the fall and went by that insane "destination" hotel/resort place and she was absolutely gobsmacked. (Might be closer to Grapevine but it's not like you can tell; the entire place is like some developer went insane with the Photoshop "stamp" tool.)

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

speng31b posted:

yea, plano richardson and garland and that tier of the ring are basically just "dallas" now. the exception is farmers branch/addison which is still the loving worst

Addison is a complete anomaly but it's been like that since the 70s, I mean it's not so much "good" or "bad" as just "weird as gently caress"

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
https://twitter.com/jackiantonovich/status/1353054145167716352

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

oxsnard posted:

I mean I have a lab background and started doing process safety before my first batch so I'm probably a tad paranoid. You can gently caress around with beer making but distilling is an entirely difdere beast: once your LEL levels start going up you just need to be extremely careful

Egg heads always got to over complicate things when guys in the scrub can distill spirits using junk.

Tom Smykowski
Jan 27, 2005

Lladre posted:

Egg heads always got to over complicate things when guys in the scrub can distill spirits using junk.

Scrub recognize scrub :roflolmao:

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 33 hours!

Chinatown posted:

good morning

thinkin bout that wheelchair nazi

america in 2021 is fukin dumb as hell lol

that owns

Good morning

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
https://twitter.com/Olivianuzzi/status/1353170174262865921

A Gin Palace
Feb 12, 2013
dallas kinda blows but at least we have good food. also if your brain is extremely broken like mine and you like super ugly brown 80s architecture there's more here than you can possibly imagine if you've never been

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

A Gin Palace posted:

if you like super ugly brown 80s architecture

yea it's pretty much heaven on earth

e: also if you like buildings with big holes in them

Burn Zone
May 22, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=My9WTi7PN1I

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Aceofblue posted:

This is cute and all but dammit where is the love for swing crew?

swing crew is the center, do you really want to be a centrist?

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Agrajag posted:

we need parental controls to stop boomers from accessing social media

lmao

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

I worked in Dallas / Fort Worth in the summer of 1998 and it was boring as poo poo and also there was a shocking amount of in your face poverty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BAE OF PIGS
Nov 28, 2016

Tup
Good morning. Sunday morning.