Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

The only thing Midoriya breaks more than his arms is his mother's heart. :v:

I'd totally read a manga that was just following Midoriya's mom just going about her regular day but also reacting to seeing her son get blasted on occasion by a supervillain every two weeks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Official scans

https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/my-hero-academia-chapter-298/chapter/21883?action=read

https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1008368

What the hell is this?

wokow6
Oct 19, 2013
Clearly, he's a doctor.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

That last panel with All Might sitting by Deku's bed :smith:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
So is Deku's mom going to
a) come running and sobbing into the room and just cry next to Deku
b) look at All Might and slap his face
c) tiredly tell him she can't take this anymore

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
All of the above

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

MorningMoon posted:

So is Deku's mom going to
a) come running and sobbing into the room and just cry next to Deku
b) look at All Might and slap his face
c) tiredly tell him she can't take this anymore

d) all of the above and then they get married

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I thought for sure that Gran Torino was dead.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

So the shadow figure next to Fuyumi has to be Rei, yeah?

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Do you think they'll keep Deku in a coma until the next big bad shows up and he Gokus in at the last minute after being woken up by his new Danger sense?

Also I wonder who the other person coming in to see Shoto is

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

serious gaylord posted:

Do you think they'll keep Deku in a coma until the next big bad shows up and he Gokus in at the last minute after being woken up by his new Danger sense?

Also I wonder who the other person coming in to see Shoto is

I'm imagining that he's going to have a long conversation with his quirk ghosts while he's out. I wonder if All Might will try to move him somewhere mote secure while he's in a coma, All For One is still after him afterall.

The other person coming to see Shoto is obviously his mom.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Bakugo is always so striking whenever he isn't angry and yelling. It's always a nice look for him just because of the contrast. Super surprised that Gran Torino is still alive. Maybe he'll croak right after Deku wakes up but I really feel that narratively it at least needs to be the case that he can't fight anymore.

Also I notice the kids are back in their school uniforms, which I feel is probably important to note. I hope Momo keeps up the 'grim leader' attitude.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

A yoshi

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I really love that this is a really serious chapter dealing with the aftermath of the huge battle and then there's this Yoshi looking fucker just standing around, also being super serious.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I would not let a man who defrauds the IRS be my doctor, I'm sorry.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

https://twitter.com/CDCubed/status/1353411247002148864?s=20

trivia thread

i was a big dummy and didn't put the twice connection together without this so I just thought redestro could get so stressed he literally made a duplicate

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
At some point they're just going to have to level with mama Deku about OfA, and while she'll still hate everything about it at least she'll understand why it has to be her son out there

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

If this doesn't get Deku's dad to at least make a concerned phone call, then I don't know what it will take to get his attention.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Rhonne posted:

If this doesn't get Deku's dad to at least make a concerned phone call, then I don't know what it will take to get his attention.

Deku just punched his dads adopted son a bunch? I think they're gonna have to remain estranged...

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Rhonne posted:

Deku already has his dad's full attention, he probably wants to visit him in the hospital as soon as possible now that he's out of prison

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Deku can't meet his dad because Bakugo hasn't gone back in time yet.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

christmas boots posted:

Deku can't meet his dad because Bakugo hasn't gone back in time yet.

nope! don't like that!

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Oxxidation posted:

nope! don't like that!

If the fujos are to believed, one way or another this series will end with Bakugo saying to Deku, “Who’s your daddy?”

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
so i looking back, i don't think we see stain during the prison break in the previous chapter. this particular chekhov's gun is going to be keeping me on edge until it gets resolved

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

he's not shown escaping but judging by the destruction in tartarus he probably left

something tells me he might not be on afo's side though

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Considering he was obsessed with All Might being the one to kill him, he might have just gone off to find him instead of having anything to do with All for One's bullshit.

Also poor Spinner is slowly realizing he hasn't actually saved Shigaraki. He lost his gamer buddy. :smith:

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
I think Spinner is probably gonna turn on AfO as a result. He's in it for his friends (rapidly dwindling, to be sure) and not this weirdo with most of his face missing.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
When the League played Among Us together who do you think was the best at it.

wereboat
Jun 23, 2011
Compress, definitely. Dude understands misdirection.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Viridiant posted:

Dabi just kills in front of everyone
Spinner keeps self-reporting because he plays on tablet
Compress is a god with his sabotage timing, although he's rare to actually kill anyone himself (when he does, nobody can prove it)
Twice keeps outing himself to protect the other Imposter while his partners tend to throw him under the bus to save themselves - also prone to arguing when he dupes himself to fill out teammate slots
Toga just glares at everyone and stays silent, but tends to giggle when she's the killer
Shigaraki kills the instant the timer hits zero, regardless of whether there's witnesses around or not, so with support, he's great, but on his own, tends to fail

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

wereboat posted:

Compress, definitely. Dude understands misdirection.

Yeah but can you imagine trying to parse which half of what Twice is saying is true?

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

Viridiant posted:

You'd think Toga would be really good at it since she basically plays a real life version of it on a daily basis but turns out that when she's accused in real life, she can just stab her accuser and you can't do that in the meeting screen. She's never had to defend herself with an actual argument.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Lord_Magmar posted:

Yeah but can you imagine trying to parse which half of what Twice is saying is true?

Twice was pretty easy to understand, honestly. Sure he contradicted himself, but is there a scene where you didn't understand what he meant? He was a simple dude. He wanted his friends to be safe and happy, and to have some food, some smokes, and a warm bed. And to smash the state.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

Mystic Mongol posted:

Twice was pretty easy to understand, honestly. Sure he contradicted himself, but is there a scene where you didn't understand what he meant? He was a simple dude. He wanted his friends to be safe and happy, and to have some food, some smokes, and a warm bed. And to smash the state.

Yeah, and it's very easy to tell what he wants from his actions. But in the context of purely voice or written dialogue with no actions, where he's playing a game with his friends about lying, the fact he contradicts himself (and which is the contradiction and which is the truth is actually not consistently first second, they swapped) he becomes a lot harder to parse. So specifically, in the context of playing Among Us he'd be very hard to work out I think, because he understands the idea of playing a game, and would totally go all in if his friends showed him how to play.

Also no I don't think he wanted to smash the state, he was willing to help others do so but his wants were all personal I'd say.

wereboat
Jun 23, 2011

Lord_Magmar posted:

Twice would just get voted out at the first meeting every time, too sus

Vise the Stompy
Mar 26, 2006

This cosmic dance; bursting decadence and withheld permissions, twists all our arms collectively. But, if sweetness can win, and it can, then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend....Peace!
Doctor Rope

wereboat posted:

Twice would just get voted out at the first meeting every time, too sus

Twice would vote himself out cause he's not sure if hes the imposter or not.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
drat. Hope Eri can help Deku recover from his Boneitis.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Just caught up to the manga after letting it sit since right after the Shie Hassaikai arc, two thoughts:

1. I'm sure it didn't feel this way reading it week to week, but it felt like... the escalation to hit the Meta Liberation Front seemed kinda rushed? Sure, the entire sub-arc of Hawks infiltrating set it up and they had no reason to wait as soon as Twice spilled the beans about where Shiggy was (RIP Twice :<), but it felt like more could have been done with the status quo of the Paranatural Liberation Army and the Organization of Villains being merged before the Giant Showdown happened.

2. Dynamight is an amazing hero name for Bakugo and I'm mad I didn't think of it before

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I wonder if Hori changed his mind on what he planned to do with that villainous merger. I just keep thinking about that splash page that showed the different factions in the organization and how that panned out to a whole lot of nothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

I wonder if Hori changed his mind on what he planned to do with that villainous merger. I just keep thinking about that splash page that showed the different factions in the organization and how that panned out to a whole lot of nothing.

If I had to guess he’s being encouraged to wrap up, and has had to change longer plans to shorter ones. If indeed he’s shifted plans around that stuff.