Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brunch Covidian
Nov 21, 2020

by Pragmatica
Bygones indeed. Bygones agreed. The Phisherman has correctly identified both the problem and the sensible conclusion here.

Ice, I have a great deal of respect for your analysis. Through same, you've correctly identified the harm here, and have so thus effectively concluded this affair. You're correct. Rightful dragging has occurred, the community is satisfied, and it's time to move on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wolfs
Jul 17, 2001

posted by squid gang

Brunch Covidian posted:

tough guy word diarrhea

the weekend is for setting up hot new trades for Monday morning not this

we make money moves here

anyways

the solution to overdraft fees is to never ever use debit or checks and just put poo poo on credit
and then remember to pay off the credit charges before they come due

if you can’t do the latter you can lie spectacularly on your application about your income and maybe they give you a $10,000 credit limit

and then, I mean, if we were in better times you could go to the dog races or something

wolfs has issued a correction as of 14:16 on Jan 24, 2021

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Greataval posted:

Funny thing about that is Cathie wood was like the only Fund manager who called Tesla to $4k a share in 2019 which on pre-split basis Tesla has reached.

that person is clearly a genius with a greater understanding of people and economics than we ever will be, even if they themselves are a complete loon

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

wolfs posted:

the weekend is for setting up hot new trades for Monday morning not this

we make money moves here

anyways

the solution to overdraft fees is to never ever use debit or checks and just put poo poo on credit
and then remember to pay off the credit charges before they come due

if you can’t do the latter you can lie spectacularly on your application about your income and maybe they give you a $10,000 credit limit

and then, I mean, if we were in better times you could go to the dog races or something

My poo poo solution to avoid a bunch of overdraft fees was to pull a bunch of cash to pay bills with. Yeah it still sucked paying an overdraft fee, but it was one for a $400 cash withdrawal at the ATM instead of 6 trickling in when poo poo was paid on my card.

I had/have poo poo credit and I was in the middle of a divorce at the time. No one was going to give me another credit card at the time. My finances are fine now.

The real financial trick is to have your only source of income be untouchable veterans benefits. But you have to have been dumb enough to enlist first.

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Brunch Covidian posted:

I just told him to gently caress off, I didn't go balls out taintrunner until I scoped his participation in the thread, over 50% of his posts are to holler at people for not taking a good joke cuz gassing Jews 1488 ain't no thing.

I’m not defending nazis, you absolute moron. That other poster who used to tell people to kill themselves repeatedly came into the thread late and with self righteous energy, started trying to whip everyone into hysterics over the post pages later. it’s the same flavor of dumb poo poo that happened a year ago, you inserted yourself into something you don’t seem to understand

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
https://twitter.com/PeterofRecord/status/1352647209301536769?s=20

hell yeah

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
my mortgage broker said she's seeing more and more mortgages fall through in the toronto area because the bank won't appraise for the selling price and people can't come up with the difference lol

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
https://twitter.com/thehomelesspro4/status/1352448002854686722?s=20

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Cold on a Cob posted:

my mortgage broker said she's seeing more and more mortgages fall through in the toronto area because the bank won't appraise for the selling price and people can't come up with the difference lol

i thought tornoto was famous for having expensive condos and tracts of land becase thats where rich chinese and russian folks try to expatriate their money?

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

cumshitter posted:

i thought tornoto was famous for having expensive condos and tracts of land becase thats where rich chinese and russian folks try to expatriate their money?

condos prices here are flat b/c foreign students aren't here for 2020/2021 and immigration is all but on pause

but what i specifically mean is people are bidding so much on housing of all types that banks are nervous and valuing homes at far less than the buyers are paying. this is forcing buyers to come up with more money for the down payment than they have in the past. some can't, so deals are falling through over it.

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

is it actually going to crash this time around or is venture capital just going to buy up all the housing and make everyone renters?

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
it will crash the minute goons turn to bulls and buy in

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

I will never buy in.

Therefore number go up forever.

Paolomania
Apr 26, 2006

Clark Nova posted:

is it actually going to crash this time around or is venture capital just going to buy up all the housing and make everyone renters?

The answer is in your heart and the helicopter dollars are in their pockets.

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

Clark Nova posted:

No better opportunity to buy in Canada with climate change on the horizon!

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Cold on a Cob posted:

condos prices here are flat b/c foreign students aren't here for 2020/2021 and immigration is all but on pause

but what i specifically mean is people are bidding so much on housing of all types that banks are nervous and valuing homes at far less than the buyers are paying. this is forcing buyers to come up with more money for the down payment than they have in the past. some can't, so deals are falling through over it.

so if im reading this right

buyers want to pay the asking price, but the bank is saying, "No, you're paying too much" and forcing the buyer to cover the difference in what the bank is willing to lend to buy the property? basically forcing the buyer to throw money into a pit for an over valued property just so the bank will lend?

i mean, if they can

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/sawyermerritt/status/1353151234568572935?s=21

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
jesus christ

https://twitter.com/BenRabidoux/status/1353032786840608768

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

cumshitter posted:

so if im reading this right

buyers want to pay the asking price, but the bank is saying, "No, you're paying too much" and forcing the buyer to cover the difference in what the bank is willing to lend to buy the property? basically forcing the buyer to throw money into a pit for an over valued property just so the bank will lend?

i mean, if they can

correct

buyer offers 1M and has 200k downpayment, bank says "nope that's worth 900k we'll only give you 700k mortgage" and buyer has to come up with another 100k to close the deal

here's an article that talks about it a bit: https://archive.is/vznyZ

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Clark Nova posted:

That's what a crash looks like.

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019
the next event to keep an eye on is probably the stimulus bill, it’ll be interesting to see what if anything can actually pass

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
i want a crash where the venture capitalists lose. where everyone collectively comes out of the haze and say to themselves "hmm money is fake its doesnt even mean anything!". then the venture capitalists turn into losers instantly. they keep trying to give their worthless money to people and make them do what they want but people just laugh at them

Greataval
Mar 26, 2010

Nancy clearly knows what's up lol.

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

Rutibex posted:

i want a crash where the venture capitalists lose. where everyone collectively comes out of the haze and say to themselves "hmm money is fake its doesnt even mean anything!". then the venture capitalists turn into losers instantly. they keep trying to give their worthless money to people and make them do what they want but people just laugh at them
“Take these shovelbucks or else I’ll invest them in your nearest competitor” —SoftBank

cool av
Mar 2, 2013

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

explain Nancy’s bet

FormaldehydeSon
Oct 1, 2011

Smythe posted:

i'd prefer 1488 heil hitler, gas the jews, but, well, thats not in that picture unfortunately. :tipshat:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Lol

Brunch Covidian
Nov 21, 2020

by Pragmatica

gay_crimes posted:

I’m not defending nazis, you absolute moron. That other poster who used to tell people to kill themselves repeatedly came into the thread late and with self righteous energy, started trying to whip everyone into hysterics over the post pages later. it’s the same flavor of dumb poo poo that happened a year ago, you inserted yourself into something you don’t seem to understand

Shut up.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Nonsense posted:

explain Nancy’s bet

if I'm reading this correctly she has the option to buy shares at $500 and it is selling at $846 as of Friday. so she's makin dat money fam

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

if I'm reading this correctly she has the option to buy shares at $500 and it is selling at $846 as of Friday. so she's makin dat money fam

almost right, except she has until march 2022 to sell it.

who would shell out 500k for a month long option? even nancy isn't that senile

cool av
Mar 2, 2013

if it's 2500 shares at ($846-$500) she could get $865k out of it, which is just in the middle of the disclosed $500K-$1M she paid for them...so who knows

at least if tesla eats poo poo we get some extra bonus schadenfreude out of it

Brunch Covidian
Nov 21, 2020

by Pragmatica
$865k ain't much, though.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

was Musk trying to sell Tesla to Apple before or after the model S came out?

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

BEAR GRYLLZ posted:

smythe's greatest crime is that he drew the heat off this shithead defending overdraft fees

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Brunch Covidian posted:

That is the equivalent of 30 years working my blue collar actual work job.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Nancy can buy a boat but she refuses. horrible human being

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Brunch Covidian posted:

it would be to me :shrug:

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Mr Hootington posted:

That is the equivalent of 30 years working my blue collar actual work job.

That how you know it aint poo poo.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

cool av posted:

if it's 2500 shares at ($846-$500) she could get $865k out of it, which is just in the middle of the disclosed $500K-$1M she paid for them...so who knows

at least if tesla eats poo poo we get some extra bonus schadenfreude out of it

That's if she exercises the options and then sells the shares. The options she's holding are worth much, much more money than that $865,000 right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
If I had 865000 fall into my lap, I would quit my job for 20 years