Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lovelyn
Jul 8, 2008

Eat more beans

Delta-Wye posted:

rubbing alcohol and kosher salt is the best solution I've found, even for smaller pieces. fill 'er up, shake shake shake, and rinse.

agreed

quote:

:okpos:

snipe:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Use HOT water too. Use as hot as your hands can stand IMO.

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:
it's p bad. i'm letting it soak overnight

now that i look back, i smoked a LOT of weed through these pipes

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

skewetoo posted:

gently caress it. Got a bunch of super sour Diesel 510 carts. :420:

oh HELL yeah

super sour diesel is next level

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

smarxist posted:

the night before my weed got delivered i had a dream that my weed got delivered and it was like a big sampler package of all sorts of weed types, flower, carts, shatter, and everyone in the house was getting stoned and having a great day :unsmith:

i miss getting high with people irl im glad u got set up

elaboration
Feb 21, 2020

i got 2 1g carts and an 8th of golden pineapple. excellent times

Lovelyn
Jul 8, 2008

Eat more beans
What is the perfect weed bender?

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Lovelyn posted:

i don't know if id call it a 'bender' but love a cannagar like an leira or something for special occasions, they have some real heft and they last forever. the only issue is

Impkins Patootie posted:

i miss getting high with people irl im glad u got set up

:same:

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjhhhhhhjhhhhhhhhhjjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cannabis

Lovelyn posted:

I am

Lovelyn
Jul 8, 2008

Eat more beans

Delta-Wye posted:

i don't know if id call it a 'bender' but love a cannagar like an leira or something for special occasions, they have some real heft and they last forever. the only issue is

holy poo poo

wait do I need the cigar clippy thingie

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Lovelyn posted:

holy poo poo

wait do I need the cigar clippy thingie

i think theres a youtube video where the dude shows the 'right' way to do light one, but whatever. improvising works.

EDIT: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEta7jx0b9E

iirc the last time i bought one instead of rolling i think i cut the tip off with a pocketknife. mazal tov!

Delta-Wye has issued a correction as of 07:31 on Jan 23, 2021

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
i had a super fun living situation in my early 20's with my sister and a couple of chill roommates in a big apartment. low rent, low bills, everyone smoked herb and we all got along well. such a great way to unwind after work with buds, and buds, and dumb movies

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

my tolerance is too high but i dont wanna take a weed break lol

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Judge Dredd Scott posted:

i got 2 1g carts and an 8th of golden pineapple. excellent times

:hellyeah: golden pineapple is good

i miss getting cartridges. way too high of a failure rate on them for me to get em during covid times, because i can't test them at the store like i used to, and i dont wanna go all the way home just to discover my poo poo is broken and then have to go all the way back to the store to exchange it

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjhhhhhhjhhhhhhhhhjjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cannabis
https://twitter.com/catsdotexe/status/1352879897572757505?s=21

Virgil Vox
Dec 8, 2009

Rah! posted:

:same:

elaboration
Feb 21, 2020

Rah! posted:

:hellyeah: golden pineapple is good

i miss getting cartridges. way too high of a failure rate on them for me to get em during covid times, because i can't test them at the store like i used to, and i dont wanna go all the way home just to discover my poo poo is broken and then have to go all the way back to the store to exchange it

yeah i had to pick through brands but ive found this one to be the best. plus like its less likely to crap out near the end, so you can get like the vast majority of the oil rather than leavin a puddle like with most carts

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

I ate some ABV like 12 hours ago and for some reason it decided to do nothing until now what the gently caress this is bullshit

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

Rah! posted:

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Rah! posted:

the great cspam weed thread t break of 2021

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

HOOOOOOOWWWWWWLLLLLLL

https://twitter.com/photowhitehouse/status/1352982385453891584?s=19

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

dee eight posted:

it's p bad. i'm letting it soak overnight

now that i look back, i smoked a LOT of weed through these pipes

yeah, as others have said - soak em in isopropyl, then stick them in ziplock baggies with isopropyl and kosher salt and shake shake shake. the salt acts as a mild abrasive/polish and will break down stubborn caked-on resin. and then just use qtips or pipe cleaners or drinking straw brushes dipped in isopropyl or very hot water to get any crevices. enjoy your like-new pipes afterward.

i'm such a snob now. I clean my bong every morning while I wait for my pot of coffee to brew. all the dynavaps/adapters/bowls/etc. get a deep clean about once a week. trying to minimize smell and maximize good flavor, ya know?

PS - I'm very high already, good morning thread

Aceofblue
Feb 26, 2009

tmfc posted:

yeah, as others have said - soak em in isopropyl, then stick them in ziplock baggies with isopropyl and kosher salt and shake shake shake. the salt acts as a mild abrasive/polish and will break down stubborn caked-on resin. and then just use qtips or pipe cleaners or drinking straw brushes dipped in isopropyl or very hot water to get any crevices. enjoy your like-new pipes afterward.

i'm such a snob now. I clean my bong every morning while I wait for my pot of coffee to brew. all the dynavaps/adapters/bowls/etc. get a deep clean about once a week. trying to minimize smell and maximize good flavor, ya know?

PS - I'm very high already, good morning thread

I don't smoke much anymore now that I have a vape, but I have a little glass one hitter that has been disgusting; I can't get a qtip or anything on the interior and isopropyl soak just revealed how gross it was inside, lol. But I hadn't thought of doing kosher salt and shaking, thank you for that!

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

clean glass is satisfying glass

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

Dog Head

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

tmfc posted:

clean glass is satisfying glass

What a lovely piece

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

im a myrcene slut, i'll take all ya got

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

Inspector Hound posted:

What a lovely piece

thanks! got $30 and a month's worth of patience to wait for shipping from China? enjoy: https://www.dhgate.com/product/mobius-matrix-sidecar-glass-bong-birdcage/377916820.html

i have learned it is quite literally a bootleg of this much prettier piece, which is made in CA and hence costs 10x as much.

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

tmfc posted:

thanks! got $30 and a month's worth of patience to wait for shipping from China? enjoy: https://www.dhgate.com/product/mobius-matrix-sidecar-glass-bong-birdcage/377916820.html

i have learned it is quite literally a bootleg of this much prettier piece, which is made in CA and hence costs 10x as much.

glass is such an interesting medium to work, but the input materials are basically free and most of the cost is in the labor to manufacture. this is actually not that different from other silica products like computer chips, i guess and the end result means that the price differential on slave labor-built stuff is quite high.

im not quite sure if the weed thread in cspam(!) is the right place to start getting on my soapbox about international trade saturating local labor markets tho.

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

yeah i do feel bad knowing this is literally a bootleg of some artisan's design. i always link the equivalent real product when people ask about it.

some well off goon itt please buy the real piece

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Judge Dredd Scott posted:

yeah i had to pick through brands but ive found this one to be the best. plus like its less likely to crap out near the end, so you can get like the vast majority of the oil rather than leavin a puddle like with most carts

nice, and thats cool about no left over oil puddles i hate that poo poo :argh: What brand?

but yeah some of the brands around here are more reliable than others. Unsurprisingly, the cheapest ones fail the most frequently

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

when the flower looks like thanksgiving day stuffing

elaboration
Feb 21, 2020

elaboration has issued a correction as of 15:07 on Nov 30, 2023

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

I think that might be difficult since it's still illegal federally. like maybe the biggest cultivars have discrete production operations incorporated in multiple states and can offer the same products/brands produced at the state level. but I think even this would be difficult to navigate since different states have different regulations and licensing situations etc. so obviously only the biggest producers w/billionaire venture funding would be able to feasibly make this happen

maybe I'm completely wrong though and this is totally a thing on the west coast :shrug:

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

There are cross state brands, but I believe their production facilities are all in the same state the product is distributed. There's at least one international brand, although the name is different in the US and Canada.

e you're correct that it's rich people only, the only rags to riches stories in the industry are people who manage to make themselves necessary to big operations

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

the mighty dosing capsules are so clutch no more getting out of comfortable bed to pack and can take up to 7 bowls to the head in rapid succession i love it

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

left to right:

lemon bean live budder
rollins live sauce
pineapple express live budder

having a wonderful time

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

just did a small dab of each back to back and i'm currently on another loving planet. happy monday everyone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!