Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
?
This poll is closed.
Yes 62 44.93%
No 76 55.07%
Total: 138 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

hannibal
Jul 27, 2001

[img-planes]

Godholio posted:

I refused to wear ABUs until the BDUs were completely phased out. Never saw shining boots as a problem, I could completely zone out and do it on autopilot while watching tv. Starching wasn't too bad, because we didn't go pants-on-head over it, being aircrew. It just had to look crisper than a flight suit, which meant about 5 minutes of effort and not leaving them in the dryer overnight.

ABUs were dogshit, aside from being wash-and-wear. I wish the AF had just skipped to OCPs.

CE content: If Hawley survives this, he challenges Cotton in 24 for the WH.

I liked BDUs as well. The OCPs look cool. I didn't miss shining boots though. When the suede boots were brand new I ran into a retired Chief somewhere who was blown away we weren't wearing black boots anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

pantslesswithwolves posted:

Funny how the whole thing about Melgar reporting the SEALs for siphoning money out of a CI fund hasn't been mentioned.

That's the most hosed up thing about the current reporting is that it isn't touching on why they murdered the dude. loving sad that it was such a light sentence for those absolute scumbags

hannibal posted:

I liked BDUs as well. The OCPs look cool. I didn't miss shining boots though. When the suede boots were brand new I ran into a retired Chief somewhere who was blown away we weren't wearing black boots anymore.

After my MOB, I hated having to go back to the Navy Type IIIs from the Army OCPs. If we're all, Marines excluded, gonna wear green camo why not the just all wear OCPs. Beyond feeling more comfortable than the Type IIIs, I also enjoyed the pen holder at the end of the sleeve

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
She-huck is running for governor of Arkansas.

Lake of Methane
Oct 29, 2011

Mr. Nice! posted:

Immanentized
Mar 17, 2009

Lol remember when Trump and his buddies tried to get her to bang Kim Jong Un during one of those pointless "summits"?

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Immanentized posted:

Lol remember when Trump and his buddies tried to get her to bang Kim Jong Un during one of those pointless "summits"?

Uh, no?

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Immanentized posted:

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Yeah, there's this yuge blank I'm drawing, go ahead and fill in the scenery.

It was a long drat 4 years though.

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

Mr. Nice! posted:

Dude, that is making me laugh way too much.

Lake of Methane
Oct 29, 2011

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/sep/01/donald-trump-sarah-sanders-take-one-for-the-team-kim-jong-un-wink-book

quote:

Trump told Sarah Sanders to 'take one for the team' after Kim Jong-un wink
Wed 2 Sep 2020

Donald Trump told Sarah Sanders she would have to “go to North Korea and take one for the team”, after Kim Jong-un winked at the then White House press secretary during a summit in Singapore in June 2018.

“Kim Jong-un hit on you!” a delighted Trump joked, according to Sanders’ new memoir. “He did! He loving hit on you!”

Speaking for Myself will be released next Tuesday. The Guardian obtained a copy.

:wtc:

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Wow, did not think Kim was a chaser.

Immanentized
Mar 17, 2009
Thanks for the link. It's all just so astounding. Not only is it her own words, but that she sees no issue with it at all.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Speaking of the Navy, I stumbled upon what I'm assuming is some sort of training video in which a bunch of crew don't give a gently caress about Seaman New Guy coming aboard. I'm guessing this is commonplace and, also, :rip: if you had to sit through too many of these?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEn3M1UhHjs

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

a very normal and good president

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

To think we just came off of 4 years of living with things at least this stupid and/or gross happening constantly :stonklol:

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahaha

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

What does this mean in this context please and thank you

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

I somehow missed that.

The amount of insanity that happened with regularity...

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Riot Carol Danvers posted:

Chubby chaser. Likes heavy ladies.

Which there's nothing wrong with, :colbert:

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.

Riot Carol Danvers posted:

I suspect they mean "chubby chaser," though that's not a term I've heard for a long time.

Lake of Methane
Oct 29, 2011

Kim Jong Un was just signaling he was ready for the heel turn and was gonna gently caress 'em.

Trump just read it wrong and projected an unwanted sexual advance on his employee instead.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Chubby chaser. Likes heavy ladies.

Which there's nothing wrong with, :colbert:

Gotcha I've heard it used in other contexts and was confused

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

When I was a kid almost everything we did was ironic. Nothing was meant as anything but a joke. Jokes were like, the main form of communication for us and looking back at it now it was, frankly, a harsh culture. God help you if you were so dumb you didn't understand irony because you'd be un-personed then bullied relentlessly

This Kim Jong-Un thing just gave me a flashback to then - it's sort of strange, but I think he was making a harsh joke? Like, loving clear-as-day (very mean) joke? And the dumbest man in the universe didn't get it.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
Pretty sure the conservative brain is entirely incapable of understanding irony.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

quote:

Of the incident with Kim, whom Trump courted assiduously in the first two years of his presidency, Sanders describes a session at the Singapore talks in which the dictator “reluctantly” accepted a Tic Tac from Trump, who “dramatically blew into the air to reassure Kim it was just a breath mint” and not a capsule of poison.

jfc

Lake of Methane
Oct 29, 2011

CIA was all like "......FUUUCK!"

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

does it count as assassination if a leader personally knocks someone off like that?

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Now that he can't actively kill us all at will, the insanity of the early days of Trump somehow feel like cheeky fun shenanigans compared to what came.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Midjack posted:

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahaha

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

Would you be happy to eat a tic-tac touched by Trump?

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

RFC2324 posted:

does it count as assassination if a leader personally knocks someone off like that?

I'd call it a duel, but that's probably incorrect.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

"Round" women are kind of rare in North Korea due to the malnutrition.

poll plane variant
Jan 12, 2021

by sebmojo
What is a "disco collar"

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

BIG HEADLINE posted:

"Round" women are kind of rare in North Korea due to the malnutrition.
If I recall his wife is not exactly skinny. Rubenesque is you will.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
Nah, she’s slim to medium build when last seen. Not a waif, but not even remotely large.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

This conversation sure is going places

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

ThisIsJohnWayne posted:

Would you be happy to eat a tic-tac touched by Trump?

He strikes me as somebody who doesn't wash his hands very much because it's a sign of weakness or something.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

CBJSprague24 posted:

He strikes me as somebody who doesn't wash his hands very much because it's a sign of weakness or something.
He claimed he was a total germaphobe as an argument against the theological necessity of the piss tape, but I think he's not always entirely truthful, either.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Nessus posted:

He claimed he was a total germaphobe as an argument against the theological necessity of the piss tape, but I think he's not always entirely truthful, either.

Urine is sterile unless you have a UTI.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
That's not actually true.